How to Transfer from Xiaomi to Xiaomi
Mi Mover: Easy & Convenient Way To Switch To Xiaomi Smartphones
How to transfer data from Xiaomi to Xiaomi with all settings and programs
In addition to such undoubted advantages as modern functionality and high build quality, the brand from the Middle Kingdom is valued for the fact that its proprietary shell is extremely user-friendly. Among its amenities. the ability to easily carry out the exchange of information between two devices.
Of course, smartphones running MIUI 10, 11 and 12 have the maximum potential. Due to the fact that the manufacturer constantly releases updates, it is even installed on some older models. However, those on whose devices the firmware version 7-9 is installed can take advantage of the special features for data duplication.
Owners of Xiaomi Mi A series 1, 2 and 3 are not available in all ways, since this line was released under the Android One program and does not have an additional shell.
Via Mi Drop
This method is available even to owners of older models with firmware version MIUI 7. Using high-speed Wi-Fi, it allows you to exchange photos, videos and audio files, contacts from the address book and documents. Among the advantages. no need to download additional software.
In order to exchange between smartphones, you need to turn on Wi-Fi on both and activate the function. To do this, just click on its icon. it looks like a circle with an arrow pointing to the center. If the receiving device is not automatically detected, you will need to generate a QR code on it and scan it by the sender. Then everything is simple:
- Find the file you want, click on it and hold it until a window pops up with a context menu.
- Select the “Send” line, confirm the action on the receiving device and wait until the data transfer takes place.
This method is also simple and suitable for solving the problem of how to transfer data from Xiaomi to Xiaomi with all the settings. Before starting the process, it is necessary to turn on not only Wi-Fi, but also Bluetooth on both gadgets, and do not turn them off until the work is completed.
You can move media files, contacts, documents and applications from phone to phone using the Bluetooth module. This method is available even to inexperienced users, and you do not have to use third-party applications for it.
First, you need to carry out the pairing so that the possibility of data transmission appears. To do this, you need to go to the Bluetooth settings, set a search, select the one you need from the available devices, and confirm your consent to the connection.
After that, on one gadget, select the files that you want to import, click “Send”. On the second step, confirm, after which the exchange will occur automatically.
Compared to other methods, this one takes a longer time. Also, the use of Bluetooth leads to a significant consumption of battery power.
Via Mi Mover
If both the old and the new smartphone have MIUI 8x or higher, then the question of how to transfer data from Xiaomi to Xiaomi with all the settings and programs can be solved even by a beginner. This method will help not only transfer a large amount of data from one device to another at a time, but also make a backup.
All it takes is Wi-Fi access and a pre-installed Mi Mover utility. If it is not the default, you can download it from the Google Play Store:
- In the “System settings” menu, look for the “Advanced” section (may be referred to as “Advanced settings”), and in it. the item Mi Mover.
- The gadget from which you want to download information is marked as “Sender”, and the second. “Recipient”.
- A QR code will be displayed on the screen of the receiving device, which must be read through the application using the camera.
- Establish a connection, a window with a list of files will appear. Select the ones you need and click on the “Send” button. The transfer may take some time, especially if a full backup is required.
- Upon completion, the display will indicate the successful completion of the process.
For guaranteed data safety, it is recommended to upload a previously created backup to the cloud storage.
How to Transfer Data from Xiaomi to Xiaomi with All Settings
Every owner of a mobile phone has faced a similar problem more than once: after buying a new gadget, you have to restore data for a long time and tediously, and re-download applications. In this case, there is always a risk of losing some of the information. Loyal fans of Xiaomi will not have such difficulties. You can transfer data from Xiaomi to Xiaomi quickly and easily by copying not only files, but also user settings.
How to Transfer Data from Xiaomi to Xiaomi via Mi Cloud
A Mi-account is well suited as a conductor between smartphones. its cloud storage Mi-cloud stores backup copies of multimedia, contacts and system files. The method of transferring data to a new device is similar to that used when importing via Mi Mover.
- In the “Settings” menu, select the “System applications” option. Find the Mi Cloud section, go to the “Backup” tab (may be called “Device Backup”).
- They are given the task to create a backup copy. “Do it right now”.
- On a new device in the same menu, select the item “Data Recovery”.
- Click on the “Restore” icon to start the process.
For those users who are used to viewing materials from their smartphone on the desktop screen, they can do this using special programs Mi PC Suite or Mi Phone Assistant. With their help, you can also create backups that will be stored in the PC’s memory. In this case, the problem of how to transfer data from Xiaomi to Xiaomi can be solved through a computer.
To use this method, you need to activate your Mi-account profile or create one, if this has not been done before.
Transferring data via backup
Not all Xiaomi models have a proprietary MIUI shell. Some of them run on a clean version of Android. On such gadgets, you will not be able to take advantage of the capabilities of Mi-services. Their owners can create backups and use them to import information to a new device by other methods.
Most users have a Google account and use its Google Drive or Google One cloud storage. To make a transfer with their help, you need to go to the system settings and act in the same way as recovery through Mi Сloude is performed.
Backups can also be done via a computer using third-party applications such as Fender, Titanium Backup or TWRP Recovery.
Fans of the Xiaomi brand do not have to fear that when switching from one device to another, information will be lost or they will have to tinker with the settings again. Using the methods described above, you can transfer all the information to a new gadget.
How to Transfer All Data from Xiaomi to Xiaomi via Mi Mover
The Mi Mover app provides fast data copying between Xiaomi phones. regardless of device models and installed firmware. Before transferring data to Xiaomi Redmi or a Xiaomi smartphone of another series, you need to enable Mi Mover. By default, the program is already present in MIUI and is located in the advanced settings section. If for some reason this software is not on the phone, then it can be downloaded from the official source.
Further directly on how to transfer data to a new Xiaomi phone:
- on the receiving device, press “I am the recipient”, wait for the QR code to appear;
- on the sending phone, select “I am the sender”, enter the password, then scan the QR code;
- wait for synchronization and select the necessary files, then click “Send”;
- wait for the transfer to complete (the remaining time is indicated on the smartphone display).
The transfer process is carried out quite quickly (the speed reaches 6-7 GB per hour). Therefore, the program is often used to move a significant amount of information. up to a complete copy of all personal and system data. Detailed instructions for using the application are presented in the video.
How to Transfer Data from Xiaomi to Xiaomi. Fastest and Most Reliable Ways
When buying a phone, a person is faced with the need to transfer data from an old device to a new one. This step allows you to quickly adapt to the purchased device, and most importantly, to gain access to important data without the need for manual input or copying. However, not all smartphone owners know how to correctly transfer information. Therefore, today we will tell you how to transfer data from Xiaomi to Xiaomi with a minimum investment of time and effort. Consider copying options using the Bluetooth protocol, as well as using proprietary applications Mi Mover, Mi Drop and the Mi Cloud cloud service.
How to Transfer Data from Xiaomi to Xiaomi via Mi Drop
This software is designed to selectively move files between Xiaomi phones or other Android devices. If necessary, using Mi Drop, you can move files even to a PC, which is especially important in situations when it is not possible to connect a Xiaomi phone to a computer via USB.
Before starting data transfer, make sure that the mentioned software is already installed (in Xiaomi smartphones it is presented by default). Then run the app on both phones and follow these steps:
- turn off mobile internet;
- connect devices to the same Wi-Fi network;
- click “Send” on the sending smartphone and select the files;
- click “Receive” on the receiving gadget;
- scan the QR code to synchronize devices;
- wait until the transfer of information is completed.
Sending data is possible from the built-in memory of the phone and from the SD card. Users can transfer individual files, folders and even some applications. The only condition is that Wi-Fi is on throughout the entire transfer process.
How to Transfer Data from Xiaomi to Xiaomi via Bluetooth
This is the simplest, but very time consuming way. To transfer data from one Xiaomi to another Xiaomi using this method, you must:
- enable the Bluetooth option on both devices;
- mark the necessary files and select the “Send” option;
- in the list of ways, click “Bluetooth”;
- confirm receipt of files on the receiving device.
It is important to understand that this method is really slow. It is suitable for transferring small amounts of data, but if the files “weigh” several gigabytes and it is desirable to transfer them in the near future, then it is better to use the faster option.
How to Transfer All Data from Xiaomi to Xiaomi via Mi Cloud
This method allows you to transfer data between phones located at any distance. To use the method, you need a Mi account and configured synchronization with Mi Cloud.
The method provides for the ability to transfer any amount of data from a smartphone. The choice depends on the intentions of the user. If you are looking for an option on how to transfer data from an old phone to a new Xiaomi phone, but plan to limit yourself to a small number of files, then first log in to the official Mi Cloud website (i.Mi.com). Then go to the appropriate item of the main menu (for example, to the gallery), select the files and send them to the desired device (by first logging into the Mi account from it).
If you are interested in how to transfer all data from Xiaomi to Xiaomi, then we recommend using full copy. To do this, you need to turn on Wi-Fi and take the steps listed below:
- go to Mi Cloud on your old phone, select “Backup” and create a backup;
- log in to the “cloud” on a new smartphone, activate the data recovery option;
- check the size of the received files to make sure they are fully transferred.
By the way, through the “cloud” you can transfer data from Xiaomi to any device connected to the Internet. subject to authorization in the Mi account tied to the phone from which the data is copied.
Important: in order to transfer all data to a new Xiaomi phone or other device without any problems, you need to take care of the availability of uninterrupted Internet. You should also make sure that there is enough free space on the receiving smartphone to accommodate all received data.
The current application created not only for the exchange of data, but also for their storage is Mi Cloud. At the first login, the service will require the user to create an account, come up with a username and password, as well as bind their phone, which will help, if the information is forgotten, to restore access to the profile.
The service contains a huge range of different functions. both for communication and for other needs, among which there is a very useful one. Its essence lies in creating a backup copy of data that will be stored not just on the phone, but also virtually.
This will allow you to download the archived data to another gadget without the need to connect to another device. All that is required is to log into Mi Cloud using your username and password and download the necessary information. And if a backup was created, then the program’s functionality itself will unzip and install it.
How to transfer data from one Xiaomi smartphone to another
There are several ways to transfer data from one gadget from Xiaomi to another. Among the simplest are the functions built into the smartphone, developed by the manufacturer. But there are also many applications created specifically for this procedure. We will analyze each of the options in detail in order to find out their disadvantages and positive aspects.
How to Transfer Data from Android Device to Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro?
This feature is present on all Xiaomi devices, starting with MIUI 7 firmware and above. It is based on the wireless connection of two gadgets using high-speed Wi-Fi, which is many times faster than data transfer via Bluetooth.
- photo, video and audio data;
- APK documents and files;
- contacts saved in the phonebook.
You don’t have to download anything to use this feature. The sequence of actions for using Mi Drop is very simple and looks like this:
- We launch the function by clicking on its icon (a circle with an arrow, the pointer of which is directed to the center) in the drop-down top window;
- Having found the file that needs to be transferred, click on it and hold it until a pop-up context menu appears with various options for action;
- Among all the items we find “Send” and select it;
- The main thing is to pre-enable the function on the recipient’s gadget so that the synchronization goes without problems;
- After confirming the action on both sides, we wait for a while until the data is transferred from one Xiaomi device to another.
The function is very practical, especially when there is a need to quickly transfer several files, but for more global purposes there are other options.
If you need to send a large number of files at one time or more, make a backup copy of the data, and then transfer it to another smartphone, then Mi Mover will be an effective option.
- First you need to activate Wi-Fi on both gadgets.
- Then, in each of them, go to the “Settings” section and find the “Advanced” item there. which will indicate Mi Mover.
- In accordance with the purpose of each smartphone, you should choose which of them will be the recipient and who will be the sender.
- A QR code will be displayed on the screen of the recipient’s device and thanks to the camera, as well as the pre-installed analysis application, it must be read by the sender’s device.
- After a successful connection, the transfer will begin, which will take time if a full backup is being prepared for sending.
This method is very useful if the user, having bought a new smartphone, wants all the data stored on his old one to continue to be with him.
This is an application that gained popularity among Android users, and since this operating system is basic in Xiaomi smartphones, it is often used by owners of gadgets of this company. The software is absolutely free, readily available and tested for quality by more than several million people around the world. You can download it in the Play Market.
SHAREit has the following benefits:
- file transfer occurs wirelessly;
- performance, in contrast to the Bluetooth function, is at least 200 times higher;
- the functionality is Russified, so it will be understandable to anyone;
- allows you to exchange data not only between Xiaomi devices, but also synchronizes with PC and tablets.
Also, the creators of SHAREit regularly update their brainchild, adding new useful functions to it every time. In this regard, the application is slightly better than the standard ones from Xiaomi, since they are updated only with the release of a new phone model.
Why is it better to use the Xiaomi Mi Mover app
Compared to other methods of transferring data to a new phone (for example, the most common method of obtaining archived data from the “cloud”), the program has many advantages. The main one is the significant time savings.
The application provides high connection speed, which is up to 6 MB / s. The algorithm for moving files is clear to any user. When you start this process, the new Xiaomi smartphone turns into a Wi-Fi hotspot. Thanks to this, the transfer of information occurs in the most efficient way.
The second plus of the application is data security. Both devices connect directly to one another, and user information in this case will not be visible to third-party cloud services, devices or applications.
A little about Mi Mover
The Mi Mover program was released in 2016. It is designed to make it as easy as possible to transfer any type of data from one smartphone to another. First of all, these are photos, SMS, information about installed applications, contacts, and more. All that is required from the user is to establish a connection with the application using a second phone and scan the QR code.
How to Transfer Data to Xiaomi Phone Using Mi Mover
Step 1. You need to install the program on two devices: an old and a new Xiaomi phone.
Step 2. It is required to open the Mi Mover program on two devices at once.
How to transfer everything from old phone to new phone || Mi Mover
Step 3. In the application that is running on the phone and from which you want to transfer data, click “I’m a sender”. In the application on the receiving side, click “I’m a receiver”.
Step 4. The QR code appears on the display of the sending phone. Scan it with the recipient.
Step 5. Now check the boxes for the applications and other information that you want to move to your new phone. Once you have made your selection, click Finish.
Step 6. Wait until the data transfer process is complete. This task will take time. It will depend on the amount of data transferred. At the end of the procedure, if there are no more files to transfer, click the “Finish” button.
And nothing else is required of you. The data is now backed up to the new Xiaomi smartphone.
The peculiarity of the program is that no complicated actions are required, no wires. You can transfer data from one device to another without studying complex instructions, safely and very quickly.
Transferring Data from One Xiaomi Phone to Another
Having tried a Xiaomi phone once, users continue to strive not to change their favorite brand, but to purchase a more technically advanced model for themselves. In this regard, the problem often arises of how to transfer contacts, images (photos), messages, videos and music, as well as other information from the old Xiaomi (for example, Redmi) to the new one. It’s good that the developers took care of this and created the Mi Mover and Mi Drop apps. These two powerful tools for transferring files from Xiaomi to Xiaomi will simplify the task and save the user a lot of time.
New Mi Drop app
Xiaomi has another new tool for transferring files and user data. It’s called Mi Drop. This is a newly created P2P application that does not require an internet connection. This app is more powerful and efficient than Mi Mover.
- Supports all Android devices.
- The ability to share files without using the Internet or cellular data, that is, you do not need to use traffic.
- Ability to send and receive any type of file.
- The data transfer speed is about 200 times faster than Bluetooth. The maximum value is 50 M / s.
- Transfer files from one phone to another with one touch.