How to transfer data from iCloud to iPhone
How to transfer data to a new iPhone
Sooner or later everyone has to change their smartphone. This raises the question of how to move information from the old device to the new one. For Apple iPhone devices, there are several simple ways to perform the operation, each of which deserves attention. But first it is necessary to go through a preparatory stage.
The preparatory step is mandatory for those who plan to transfer data from an old iPhone to a new one. It allows you not to lose information, saving absolutely all files, including photos, videos, audio and documents.
The preparatory step is to create a backup, through which the iPhone will be restored. And for owners of Apple equipment is available 2 ways to make a backup:
In spite of the fact that in both cases the files are first backed up and then restored, the process differs greatly depending on one or the other option. Therefore, it is recommended to first consider all the nuances outlined in the material, and then make a final choice.
How to back up iCloud
Icloud is a cloud storage service created by Apple. It is tightly integrated into the iOS operating system, so exporting files to a backup does not cause difficulties even for beginners. In this case, the copy is uploaded to Apple’s servers, not stored as a separate backup. This method is in demand due to the fact that the user does not need to worry about the amount of free space in the internal memory of the device.
To back up your data, you will need to:
The backup speed depends directly on the amount of data to be backed up, as well as the internet. Before backing up, be sure to connect your iPhone to Wi-Fi. Otherwise a lot of mobile traffic will be used.
Note that only 5 Gb are available for free storage in iCloud. Extending the cloud requires a paid subscription.
How to back up iTunes
Itunes. A program necessary for the interaction between the iPhone and a personal computer. With this software, you synchronize two devices, and create a backup.
Unlike the previous method, the backup will be saved on your PC, not on Apple’s servers. But you can also choose to save via iCloud, using the same iTunes program.
As with backups via iCloud, the backup saving speed can vary greatly. It will not depend on Internet, but on the connection of your smartphone to PC and the number of files. The more data is placed in the copy, the longer the operation will take.
Unlinking smart watches and other devices
The smartwatch is a modern device that Apple has designed for greater user convenience. Now there are several generations of these watches on the tech market, different in functionality and design. With a smart watch, the user can perform many useful functions, so the purchase of the gadget is considered a profitable purchase. Below is a table where you can track both the pros and cons of buying this watch.
|There are apps available to help track the wearer’s physical condition. This includes “Health” software||No possibility to use the watch separately from the iPhone itself. Will require constant synchronization via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi with the phone for full functionality|
|Contains some basic applications, such as SMS. User can send a message using the smart watch||Due to the small screen, typing on the smart watch is not possible, which is inconvenient for users. Also has difficulty viewing photos and text messages|
|You can set the watch, link your bank card, and use the gadget to make contactless payment for purchases||The device requires careful handling, quickly appear scratches and chips|
|The watch informs the user about new messages from different apps through notifications||The battery runs out quickly. Active users do not have enough charge for a whole day, in 8 hours the device will completely run down|
If you have gadgets tethered to your iPhone, you’ll need to stop syncing your devices. You have to manually pair a new phone. Instructions for disconnecting gadgets:
- Go to the app “Apple Watch”. Once in the application interface, click on the i icon circled in a circle. It is located opposite the tethered watch icon itself;
- A new window will appear, in which you should click on the command “Unpair with Apple Watch”. Next, you will need to make a connection to the new gadget by running this app on it.
If there is synchronization with other devices, the user needs to go into the apps of these gadgets and disconnect in the same way.
Unlinking smart watches and other devices
Once the data is completely saved, you can transfer, but first you should unlink any devices that may be connected or synced with the old device. For example, the same Apple Watch is a smart watch that helps you manage your smartphone conveniently.
With this device, you can both count your steps and answer calls. These watches help simplify life, so many people find that this purchase fits in well with modern lifestyles. It is worth considering the advantages and disadvantages of buying such a watch:
User can track his physical condition with this watch. Such software as “Health” helps not to forget about yourself.
There are basic programs in the system, such as the same messages. The person can send them directly through their watch. From a smartphone exactly the same.
The user cannot manage the watch autonomously from their smartphone. The ID is the same in both. Need constant synchronization, Wi-Fi connection.
Uncomfortable to type messages because the screen is quite small. There are also problems with viewing photos and other resources.
If your smartphone has tethered gadgets, they must be disconnected as a matter of urgency. You can re-attach the device to a new one manually. Follow the following algorithm to disable gadgets:
- First, you need to go into the Apple Watch app, which is separately installed on the iPhone for the watch. Will open the interface. In it, you should click on the information icon. It is located in the icon with the tethered watch;
- After that, a window will open, in which you should click on the item “Break the pair”;
- Making a connection to a new gadget.
To disconnect other devices, such as the same iPad, you need to similarly go into the applications of these gadgets, conduct the same algorithm.
Ways to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone
Depending on how you’re comfortable, you can use one of the instructions below for transferring data from one device to another.
Transferring information using iCloud
Using iCloud to sync your data is one of the easiest ways to get your purchased phone ready for everyday use. It is only important to take into account the fact that the new smartphone must have a SIM card installed.
Before porting data it is necessary to create a backup copy of them in the phone memory. To do this, connect your old iPhone to the network using Wi-Fi. You also need an Apple ID account. Now you can proceed to making a backup.
- Open the device settings menu.
- Find item “iCloud” there.
- Move the “Backup to iCloud” slider to the active position.
- Click “Backup”.
- Wait for the process to finish without disconnecting the device from the Internet.
When the creation of the copy comes to an end, you can proceed to transfer the data to the new device.
- Launch the new smartphone. A window should appear with greetings in different languages (in case you have not set it up yet). If the screen does not appear (i.E. The device is already configured) you need to perform a factory reset. Instructions for resetting are below.
- Choose your Wi-Fi network, connect to it.
- Next, configure your smartphone to your liking until the “Programs and data” item appears, in it select the “Restore from iCloud copy” line.
- Log in to iCloud using your Apple ID.
- Choose the copy of the data you want. You can base your selection on the date it was created.
- Wait until the uploading process is complete without disconnecting from Wi-Fi.
If you need to restore settings to factory defaults, proceed as follows.
Transfer data via iTunes
This method also requires using a computer.
- Connect your old phone to your computer.
- Start iTunes. If you have an outdated version of the program installed on your computer, you’ll need to update it.
- Back up your phone by clicking “Back Up Now” under “Review” in iTunes Preferences.
- Wait until the copy creation process is complete.
Then transfer the copy to your new device.
- Start the new device. Reset to factory defaults. (The Welcome screen will appear. If it does not appear, then refer to the last instruction of the previous item).
- Set up your new phone to your liking until the “Apps & Data” screen appears.
- Select “Restore from iTunes copy”.
- Connect your new smartphone to a PC that has a backup of your old device in its memory.
- Select the new device in iTunes.
- “Restore from Copy.”.
- Select the copy you want (be guided by the date).
- Once the restore is complete, you’ll be able to finish setting up your new device.
Using the “Quick Start” feature
If both your old and new devices have versions of iOS 11 or higher, you can use the “Quick Start” feature.
Iphone 12 STEP BY STEP SETUP iCloud Transfer
- Put the old and new devices side by side.
- Start the new device (settings must be reset to factory defaults).
- Select the language on the new phone.
- When the “Quick Start” notification appears on the new device, the old device should display a window about syncing with the new smartphone.
- Confirm. Quick Start prompts you to use your Apple ID for setup. If the Continue button won’t work, turn on Bluetooth on your phone.
- An animation should appear on the new iPhone. Press the backs of your smartphones together and wait for a message telling you when the process is complete.
It is important to keep the devices as close to each other as possible for the transfer process to go smoothly.
It is desirable to keep the Wi-Fi connection active during the whole process and make sure that the smartphones are charged by more than half before. These two actions will allow the iPhone to load photos, apps, music, and more into memory at one time.
The usual way. Transferring data using iCloud
Two Apple smartphones running iOS 11 or newer are required for the chip to work. One iPhone should be in the initial setup phase, and the other is already a working device, from which we will transfer data.
Turn on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on both devices and place them near each other.
The “old” iPhone will show a window asking to activate the “Quick Start” feature. Confirming the operation.
The “new” iPhone will display a nice animation that should be scanned with the “old” iPhone camera.
This will start the process of transferring data, passwords, and settings. At the same time, you’ll need to do the initial setup of your smartphone, set an unlock password, log in to iCloud, and configure Touch ID or Face ID.
After the transfer the system will prompt to restore the rest of the data from the available backups in iCloud.
Transferring notes to the new iPhone via Tenorshare iCareFone
Tenorshare iCareFone is a great app for Apple smartphone users. The program is installed on your computer and is similar to iTunes in its features. But Tenorshare iCareFone gives you more features. In addition, it works not only with new operating systems, but also with old ones.
To transfer your notes using Tenorshare iCareFone, you need
- Start the application on your computer and select “Backup and Restore”. It is located at the top of the window.
- Connect the two devices to your computer using a USB cable.
- The program will display the connected devices. They must be placed in the correct order.
- Perform a full memory analysis. Thanks to this analysis, the user will understand if he or she has space on the smartphone to copy notes.
- Then the user has to go to the Personal Data section and find the Notes item. In order to transfer the notes, the user should check this item and then click on Start.
The app is available for download in Russian for Windows and MacOS users. It is enough to go to the official site of the program and then download it to your computer.
How to save data from iCloud Drive to your smartphone or computer
Creating a local copy of your data is easy, as long as the smartphone or computer you’re using has enough free space to store all the data you want.
View the available space by going to Settings. Basic. Iphone Storage (on your smartphone) or. About this Mac. Storage (on your computer). To save data from the cloud, follow the instructions below.
On your Apple smartphone or tablet, do the following
▶ In the Browse section, open the iCloud Drive folder.
▶ Select one or more folders you want to keep. Don’t forget the handy two-finger highlighting gesture.
▶ Open any local folder on your iPhone, press your finger on an empty space, and select Insert.
▶ Wait for the process to complete and do not close the app. Background copying of data can be interrupted due to the peculiarities of iOS.
On a Mac, do the following:
◉ Launch the Finder app and go to iCloud Drive from the side menu. The section is activated and deactivated in Finder application settings and data synchronization with the cloud must be switched on your Mac (System Settings. Apple ID. Icloud. Icloud Drive)
◉ Find one or more folders you want in the cloud and copy them any way you like (Command-C shortcut, context menu, Drag-and-drop).
◉ Open any local folder in Finder and paste copied data from the cloud (Command V shortcut, context menu).
When using the web version of iCloud, you need to do the following:
Open iCloud Drive and select the data you want to save.
Press Save to download the data to your smartphone or computer.
How to transfer reminders from iCloud
Backing up reminders is a little more complicated. This kind of data is not supported by Google mailers and the only service that can help is a Yandex account.
How to Restore iPhone from iCloud Backup in 2 Ways (2021)
▶ Go to Passwords and Authorization.
▶ Activate the App Passwords option and create a new code for the Calendar application. This code must be saved in a safe place, once you close the options page, you will not be able to view it anymore, you will have to generate a new password.
If you use several applications (on different smartphones, computers, and tablets), it is better to generate separate codes for each application. Keep in mind that once you enable the App Passwords option, you will not be able to use your regular authorization password for any application.
To use the calendar and/or Yandex mail via the iPhone, Mac or Android smartphone apps, you must use the same authorization codes.
▶ On your iPhone, go to Settings. Reminders. Accounts.
▶ Press the Accounts button and select Other.
▶ Select CalDAV Account under Calendars and fill in the entry parameters as follows:
Server: caldav.Yandex.User: your_login@yandex.Your password: the password created for the application, which you received earlier
▶ Click Next to apply the settings. If an error occurs, enter additional parameters for the account:
Use SSL: Yes Port: 443 Account URL: https://caldav.Yandex.Ru/principals/users/your_login@yandex.Ru/
In the last step, enable synchronization of Reminders with the added account. You can additionally synchronize calendars through your Yandex account.
You can receive created reminders on your other gadgets with synchronization configured according to these instructions. And also reminders will be available in the web version of the Yandex service.Calendar or via any column with Alice.
▶ All you need to do is to transfer the reminders on your iPhone or Mac from the iCloud section to a folder that synchronizes with your Yandex account.