How to Transfer a Movie from Computer to iPad
How to put movies on your iPad with/without iTunes
It’s a good idea to watch interesting movies to reduce the monotony of a weekend or waiting time.
Of course, it makes sense to carry a portable iPad rather than a heavy laptop or desktop computer.
Then the question of how to put movies on your iPad to watch?
We collected the best ways 3 to copy movies to iPad from PC / Mac.
Read and follow the step-by-step guide on how to transfer videos from PC to iPad. With or without iTunes will be available.
How to download a movie to your iPad
There are so many ways a user can upload a video to their iPad. These can be divided into two broad categories. These categories differ in only one way:
It is worth noting that it is worth considering only those ways when the user has downloaded a video file from third-party resources for the iOS operating system. If the iPad owner has purchased a video in the official Apple store, in the cinema, it is only worth downloading this document to the tablet, as a rule, the form already corresponds to the necessary.
It is worth to break down each method of downloading, because there are fundamental differences, more about which is worth talking further.
The first way is quite simple, but it may also seem complicated for some users. It is the use of a special program from the company Apple iTunes. In general, the operating system of the phone is different in that it itself is extremely secure. Therefore, transmission via USB is not at all welcomed by the company. The cable transfer method may introduce additional viruses into the device, the apple gadget may become infected to the point that additional repairs may be needed.
The software iTunes completely solves this problem, because with it you can transfer any files. It is a universal platform for controlling your smartphone or tablet. Many users complain that they can’t manage it properly, which is why some users have decided to move away from it, replacing iTunes with other convenient programs.
This transfer method is only suitable for the MREG4 format. For other files, you will need to convert the file additionally. 4. For other files you will need to convert the file additionally.
To transfer files using iTunes, the user needs to do the following:
- Run the iTunes program itself on his computer, which must be downloaded in advance. In this case, if your device does not have the program, it is worth downloading the file from the company’s official website;
- Now tap on the “File” button;
- Tap on “Add file to media library;
- Choose the desired movie;
- Connect the tablet to the computer via USB;
- Now you need to tap on the tablet icon, which is located in the upper right corner of the screen;
- Now the user needs to tap in the “settings” menu and open “Movies”;
- Tap on the synchronization checkbox, the process of transferring the movie will begin;
- Agree to the changes;
- Tap on the “Synchronize” button to the end.
In order to use this method, the Internet is not so important, however, if the program is not downloaded in advance, it is worth taking care of it. The movie that the user wants is automatically added to the library of the tablet.
Using cloud storage
If the user does not want to understand how the software interface works, or if the user simply can not use a cable to connect the tablet, he can download a simple cloud storage from the company, or use special web-services for the transfer and storage of information.
The user can download the file from any convenient cloud.
Important! This method requires the Internet, as the transfer will be done only via it.
Consider the algorithm of migration of the usual cloud storage. A more detailed process is as follows:
- Register on any convenient server, for example, Yandex. Disk;
- After that, he should create a folder for the movie and transfer there the movie that the user needs to transfer later to the tablet;
- Now we open the cloud storage on a portable device;
- Navigate to the folder as needed;
- Now you can watch the recording online through this server, or download it through the official service to the tablet at once.
The user should take care of the video format in advance. We will discuss the encoding in more detail further on.
In general it doesn’t really matter which cloud storage is used by the user. Each service has its advantages and disadvantages, the person is left to choose the most convenient option for them.
Through file sharing sites
Using file sharing sites is similar to the method of downloading via cloud services. File sharing services are designed to transfer information from one device to another using the internet. It is worth looking at the list of the most popular services. Applications for sharing files:
The process of transferring a movie is quite simple:
- To begin with, on the server that the user has chosen to transfer data, it is necessary to register;
- After that, we upload to our account the movie that we would like to transfer;
- We get a link to download the file;
- Use this address for your own purposes, to download the desired movies to your iPad.
After that, all you need to do is to download the file to your tablet, which he received via a link. This is not the most popular way of transferring data, because any file can be downloaded directly or transferred via the cloud, however, file exchangers have many pros and cons.
Among the main advantages of using this method, it is worth noting the following:
- The user can transfer even those files that weigh quite a lot;
- Saving space on internal memory;
- Only a download link is needed, no need to download additional applications;
- The user can download the video at any time.
How to send videos from computer to iPhone via iTunes
Itunes is another special program for the iPhone. The difference from iCloud is that it does not store data, but is a guide between the computer and the iPhone smartphone. It also contains more functions and features.
The basic function of iTunes is to transfer files (videos, photos, apps). If you want to add videos from your computer to your iPhone, you need to:
Step 1. Download iTunes on your computer (you can download the program from the official website). Connect your smartphone to your computer.
Step 2. Log in to your account. Wait for the program to find your smartphone in the device list. When the process completes, an icon (in the form of a rectangle) will appear in the menu under the “Manage” line.
Step 3. In the left column (under “On My Device”), find the “Movies” tab.
Step 4. Minimize your iTunes window (for convenience) and drag and drop the desired videos from your folder or desktop (don’t forget to convert to Apple device format). Attention, if the format (file type) of video you want to transfer is not supported by your device, you will see a notice. In this case you need to change the video format.
Step 5. If all videos meet iOS requirements, then after copying, click “Synchronize”.
Step 6. When the data synchronization process is over you can disconnect your device and close iTunes.
This method is useful when you need to transfer non-essential files to your device quickly, because iTunes does not save your files, but is only an explorer.
Transferring video via iTools
Using the iTools application is another way to transfer the video file to the iPhone. This program ensures fast and safe transfer of video content selected by the user. The procedure involves the following steps:
- After downloading and installing iTools on your computer, you must run.
- Your phone connects to your computer using a cable.
- In the menu on the left side open the Video section.
- At the top of the page you need to click in the Import line.
- Next, a window will open to select the file to be transferred to the iPhone. After specifying it, you need to confirm the selection.
- Then the transfer will start, which will last for a few seconds. You need to wait for it to finish.
Transfer Photos and Videos From iPhone iPad To Windows PC 2022 FAST AND EASY!
As a result, the desired video file will be placed in “My Videos.
Now you can open the file on your iPhone in the selected video player.
Download the “Google Translator” language pack for offline use on Android devices
How to Transfer Files from Computer to iPad
Contributor(s): Luigi Oppido. Luigi Oppido is the owner and technician at Pleasure Point Computers in Santa Cruz, CA. Has over 25 years of experience in computer repair, updates, data recovery and virus removal. He has also hosted the radio show Computer Man Show for over two years! At KSCO in Central California.
Number of views on this article: 89 848.
In this article, we will tell you how to copy files that are on a Windows or macOS computer to your iPad; such files can be used without an internet connection. Copy files through iTunes, iCloud Drive, Microsoft OneDrive and Google Drive.
Connect the iPad to your computer. To do this, connect the iPad charging cable to the charging port on your iPad and to one of the USB ports on your computer.
- If you get a message that iTunes needs to be updated, click on “Download iTunes. When iTunes has updated, restart your computer.
- Apple intends to do away with iTunes starting with macOS Catalina (that system comes out in fall 2019). On Macs, Apple Music, Apple TV, and Apple Podcast will appear instead of iTunes. [You should still be able to use iTunes in Windows (at least for a while).  X Information Source
Click on the “Device” icon. It looks like an iPad and is located at the top left of iTunes. The iPad page will open.
Click on File Sharing. You will find this option in the left pane of iTunes; it is marked with an “A” icon.
- Pages, Keynote, Numbers, iMovie, and GarageBand have folders that hold projects, which means you can move almost any files into them.
Scroll down and click on Add File. You’ll find this option in the lower right corner. An Explorer (Windows) or Finder (Mac) window opens.
Go to https://www.Icloud.Com/ in a web browser. This will open the iCloud account login page.
- If you are already signed in to your iCloud account, skip this step.
- If two-factor authentication is enabled, you’ll see a 6-digit code on your iPad that you must enter on your computer.
- If you see a message asking you to trust your device, select “Trust” on both iPad and computer.
How to Transfer Videos from iPhone to PC (and Windows to iPhone). UPDATED
Click Download. You will find this icon at the top of the page; it looks like a cloud with an arrow pointing up. This opens an Explorer (Windows) or Finder (Mac) window.
Ways to convert movies to the appropriate format
The above is true for movies packed in MPEG4. But what if you can’t find any of these on popular resources? In this case you will need to transcode the file into the correct format.
There are a lot of services offering this service. Among the most popular are Zamzar, FreeFileConvert, CloudConvert. All of them have a web interface and transcode files with saving on their servers. From there, you then download them to your iPad.
We hope that the above information will be enough to enable you to download films to your tablet, if necessary. We will be glad to see your Комментарии и мнения владельцев about this problem.