How to Track Apple Id Login Recovery
Many of us are afraid to lose our smartphones or steal them. In the end, these sleek devices are similar to our personal assistants. their applications and tools help us organize our lives and keep everything under control.
The need to replace a smartphone (and all its applications) can be a real nuisance. It can also upset you if you lose personal photos ands that have not been copied.
Can you track the iPhone?
The good news is that there is a way to find the missing iPhone. and it’s all about a smart application called Find My.
As Apple Support Blog Explains Find My can be used to locate your iPhone (as well as your iPad or iPod touch), take steps to help you recover it and keep any personal and / or confidential information safe.
If you have reason to believe that your iPhone has been lost or stolen, here is Apple‘s walkthrough on how to find it again:
- Log in to your icloud.com/find site on the Internet, or open the Find My app on another Apple device.
- Open the application, select “Find iPhone” and select a device to find its location. If the device is close, you can make it play sound to help you or someone else find it.
- You can mark the device as lost (which will block your iPhone remotely) and create your own message with a number that will be displayed on the lock screen. If you have added credit, debit or prepaid cards to Apple Pay, the option to pay using the app will be suspended if you mark the device as lost.
- Now you need to report your smartphone as a lost or stolen police. they can ask for the serial number of your device. This is a very important step if you suspect that it was stolen and want to apply for an iPhone insurance policy.
- You can remove your device remotely, which means that no one can access the data. All your data (including credit, debit, prepaid cards on Apple Pay) will be erased from the device and you won’t be able to find them using the Find My or Find iPhone iPhone apps on iCloud.com. You will also not be able to track it after you have erased the device. If you remove the iPhone from your account after it is deleted, the activation lock will be disabled, which means that another person will be able to turn it on and use it.
- It is also a good idea to contact your wireless service provider to report that your device is lost or stolen. They will be able to disable your account to prevent someone from using texts, phone calls or data.
If you enable family sharing, this will allow a family member to find the device.
All they need to do is use their Apple ID to log in to iCloud. All family members registered with Family Sharing can find their device in this way.
What can you do if the Find Me feature is not enabled on your iPhone?
You will not be able to find your missing or stolen iPhone using the Find My application if it is not enabled on your device. However, there are things you can do to keep your data safe. these are:
- Change your Apple ID password so that no one can access your iCloud data or use other services (such as iTunes) on your phone.
- Set new passwords for other applications on your device, such as Facebook and Instagram.
- Report that your device is lost or stolen to the police. again, they can ask for your phone’s serial number, so keep it ready. Also contact your wireless service provider as it may disable your account.
According to Apple, Find My is the only way to successfully find your device. So it’s worth turning it on.
Protect your device from theft
Taking measures to protect your device and ensure its safety can save you a lot of trouble and stress in the long run. it has a few tips:
- If you are not using your device to send text to someone or make a call, hide it.
- Store your phone inside your bag or in your front pocket.
- Do not attach the smartphone to a belt or neck.
- Be vigilant. always be aware of what is happening around you when you make a call on the street and in public places.
- If possible, avoid using your smartphone at night unless absolutely necessary. If you need, use in places where there are a lot of people and they are well lit.
- Try not to take out your device at bus stops or train stations, as thieves tend to get into these areas.