How to take a screenshot on iPhone 7
IPhone Photo Sizes
The best way to avoid this kind of hassle is to use the exact wallpaper size for your iPhone model. For your convenience, below is a list of image sizes for each iPhone model available on the market at the time of this writing:
How to put a photo on a contact in iPhone 5, 6, 7, 8, X (Full screen)
Sometimes the image is stretched to full screen, then in some cases it becomes pixelated. In any of the above conditions, the image looks terrible. This article explains what is the reason for this image behavior and how to fix the problem without any problems or complications. over, we will tell you how to put a photo on a contact in iPhone 5, 6, 7, 8, X, full screen.
How to set a contact photo on iPhone when calling, full screen?
Photos that were already on your phone and assigned to contacts and when the iOS version was updated, stretched out. These photos were taken in small circular images.
Correcting their size is not difficult. in fact, it is probably easier, but how to do it is less obvious. You don’t need to shoot a new picture; just edit the old one and. voila!. you will return it to the full screen size of the photo.
Here’s how to put a photo on a contact in iPhone full screen:
Open the Phone or Contacts app.
Find the person to whom you want to add a photo to the contact and click on his name.
Next “Change” in the upper right corner of the screen of your contact information.
Click “Change” under their current photo.
Tap Edit Photo from the pop-up menu.
Move the existing photo a little bit (it doesn’t really matter, it’s enough that the iPhone registers that you changed the picture in some small way).
Next, “Finish” in the upper right corner of the contact screen. That’s all, you put and saved a photo to a contact in iPhone 5, 6, 7, 8, X.
Believe it or not, that’s all there is to it. The next time this person calls you, you will see their photo in full iPhone screen.
The only real drawback is that there are no settings to control this; you will need to repeat this process for each photo you want to set to full screen.
Installing the image via contacts on the iPhone
To begin with, open the “phone” application in which there is a separate “contacts” tab, then open the contact we need and press the “edit” button in the upper right corner to proceed to editing the photo. In the upper left corner we see a gray circle that replaces the photo, we need to click on it, then the phone will offer to take a new photo or select a photo from existing images. After you decide on the photo, you can select the desired area that will be attached to the contact. Then you need to click the “ready” button to complete the process of installing the photo.
How to take a full screen photo on an iPhone on a call
The address book on iOS has long ceased to be a regular list of names and mobile phone numbers. Now each contact is a complete file in which you can find phone numbers, physical address, email address, social media profiles and much more.
Of course, the system provides for the ability to attach personal photos to each contact. And there is a function to display the caller’s photo on the entire iPhone screen when there is an incoming call. The same photo will be used in FaceTime, iMessage and the address book itself. Today we will look at two main ways to set personal photos on contacts.
There are several nuances when installing personal photos.
- So the photo may not always be displayed in full screen. It’s all about the size of the image itself. It is advisable to choose high quality photos.
- It is worth remembering that earlier versions of iOS do not support full-screen display of personal photos attached to contacts. If the photo is not displayed in full screen, check that the iOS version is higher than 9.
Why photos are stretched on your iPhone?
Depending on the screen size and acceptable image resolution, iOS installed on your iPhone automatically tries to best match the selected photo against the background. In this attempt, it stretches the width and height of the image as needed.
If the selected image does not match the exact resolution specified for your iPhone screen, iOS stretches it to fit full screen, making it pixelated / blurry.
As mentioned above, the best way to avoid such problems is to use images that match the exact dimensions of your iPhone.
How to take a screenshot on iPhone 11
Press the Volume Up button and the Side button on your iPhone 11 at the same time. As soon as you release the buttons, a screenshot will be taken.
You will hear a characteristic sound, and a preview of the screenshot will appear in the lower left corner of the screen. Click it to crop and edit the screenshot.
To mute screenshot sound, simply mute iPhone.
To immediately share a screenshot, hold down its preview. You can also swipe this preview from the screen, and the screenshot will simply be saved in the Photos app.
Where to find screenshots
Open the Photos app and go to Albums Screenshots.
Taking a screenshot on iPhone is easy. The smartphone itself already has this option, and the screen photo can be taken in 2 ways: by pressing the buttons and using the additional menu (the menu itself will not be visible in the finished screenshot).
Screenshots on the iPhone can be taken for almost any task: viewing SMS messages, on the main screen with application icons, and even during photo / video shooting.
iPhone 7 How to Screenshot TWO Methods
Making a frame for a screenshot in the “Screenshot. Frame Maker” program
After installing the program itself, we do the following steps:
3 A folder with your photos will open, where a ready-made screenshot should be located. We choose it.
6 Now we choose what needs to be done with the finished screen. I chose “Save to photo folder”.
Never took a screenshot on an iPhone. Now I will know how to do it. It turns out. it’s not that difficult. I usually take screenshots on my computer. For this I have a special program.
Everything is so simple, but I was tormented)), before that I only had smartphones. Setting up with prompts is nothing complicated.
I take a screenshot of the video on iPhone 6. In addition to the lower and upper bands with the movie player, I have an entire black screen. What to do?
I just did a YouTube video screen and from the built-in camera. everything is fine. Also iPhone 6. Standard player?
Have you swapped out your iPhone 6s, iPhone 7 or iPhone 8 for a brand new iPhone 11? Welcome to the new world of Face ID and gesture navigation. You won’t miss the Home button on iPhone 11 until you try to take a screenshot.
The way to take a screenshot on iPhone 11 is not the same as on older models. If you’ve had an iPhone X, iPhone XS, or iPhone XR, you’re already familiar with the new way. Otherwise, we will talk about it below.
How to take a screenshot on an iPhone 8, 7, or 6
For iPhone X
As a confirmation, the screen will blink 1 time, and in addition you will hear a characteristic sound. All screenshots are saved to the folder with your photos.
Now let’s look at the second way to take a screenshot.
How to take a screenshot on iPhone 7: quick and easy
A screenshot is a snapshot of the device’s screen. Such an opportunity is available on all gadgets, from a smartphone to a stationary computer. But despite the simplicity of this process, not all users know how to take a screenshot on the iPhone 7.
Why you might need to take a picture of the display?
- Share achievements with your friends in the game installed on the iPhone
- Save the moment you like from the video.
- Capture an error or other problem on the phone.
- Leave meaningful correspondence on social networks or messages as a souvenir.
But it is not so important what the screenshot will be stored for. The main thing is to figure out how to do it.
Ways to take a screenshot on iPhone 7
- Using the buttons located on the iPhone 7.
- With the help of a special built-in assistant “Assistive Touch”.
But it should be understood that both methods take a screenshot of the entire screen. If the user needs to cut out any part, he can format the picture later, in a standard image editor.
Important! The methods described below work on other versions of the phone as well, such as iPhone 7 Plus.
Using the buttons located on the iPhone 7
The standard and quick way to take a photo is to use the Home and Lock buttons.
For the iPhone to take a screenshot, it is enough to press the keys simultaneously. Then you will hear a characteristic sound, similar to the click of a camera shutter. This means that the snapshot is ready and is automatically saved.
- you should not keep the buttons pressed for a long period of time, this can attract the iPhone 7 plus to lock and restart the gadget;
- you can save a screenshot at any time when working with the device;
- the image is saved in PNG format.
With the help of a special built-in assistant “Assistive Touch”.
If the shutdown button does not work on the phone, or the user does not want to press it again, or it is not convenient for him to hold down two keys at the same time, he can use a more simplified way to take a screenshot of the screen. But for this you need to enable the special function “Assistive Touch” in the smartphone settings.
- Open iPhone 7 Settings.
- Select the section “Basic”.
- Click on the line “Universal access”.
After the performed manipulations, a transparent white circle will appear on the iPhone screen, pressing on which brings up the standard buttons on the display.
Next, select “Device” and then the “” section. And the desired item will appear in front of the user. Pressing the command “Screenshot” allows you to take a snapshot.
At the same time, the user does not need to worry about the assistant’s menu being visible on the image. Only what was opened earlier is photographed.
The pictures taken are saved to the standard “Album” folder by default. Instructions in the video.
How to take a screenshot on iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus and more
The seventh generation of the new iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus smartphones received a completely different Home button. Now, instead of a physical button, there will be a touch button. Perhaps, having bought a new smartphone, you will have a question, how can you take a screenshot.
The new Home button is capacitive, but the built-in Tapic Engine will provide the same press feel as on previous iPhones where the button was physical. This also means that system features such as entering DFU mode or resetting the iPhone will be slightly different.
So what about the screenshot? This can be done in the same way as on all Apple devices.
How to take a screenshot with Assistive Touch
If you do not want to use the Home and Power buttons, then you have the opportunity to lock the device and take screenshots on it just by pressing the screen. Assistive Touch allows you to perform many more important functions in addition. The function looks like a small gray dot on the screen.
Step one. First you need to enable Assistive Touch mode. Open the settings and go to: Basic. Accessibility. Assistive touch.
Step two. Turn on Assistive Touch mode by tapping the slider.
Step three. In the same menu, you will find the item “Customize Top Level Menu” (in the screenshot below, the English version of “Customize Top Level Menu”). Click on this tab.
Step four. Click on the star with the signature “User” (English version. Custom in the screenshot below).
Step five. By adding the “Screenshot” function (in English. screenshot. on the far left picture above), you get the ability to take screenshots using the iPhone with just one hand. To do this, using Assistive Touch, simply tap on the transparent gray dot on the screen.
How to take a screenshot?
Step one. Press the Power button. Power (the one that blocks the device) on your iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus.
Step two. Simultaneously, press the Home button (button at the bottom of the screen with a fingerprint sensor).
Step three. The screen of your iPhone will blink for a second and at this time you will hear a sound similar to the release of a camera shutter. If this happened, then a screenshot was taken.
If you can’t hold both buttons at the same time, practice some more. If you do not pinch them at the same time, Siri may accidentally open or the iPhone will lock.
How to find and use these screenshots?
Step one: Open the Photos app.
Step two. Open the Albums tab and open the Screenshots album.
How to Take Screenshot on Apple iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus or ANY iPhone
Step three. Scroll to the end of the opened album and find your last screenshot there.
Step four. To share a screenshot, you should find a special icon in the lower left corner that looks like a box with an upward arrow and click on it. Then you will see a list of applications to which you can send the image.
That’s all it takes to take a screenshot. As you can see. nothing complicated and exactly the same as on previous iPhones.
Working with a screenshot
With the release of iOS 11, Apple added quick editing capabilities to it. The screenshot thumbnail remains in the left corner of the screen for a few seconds. If during this time the user does not make attempts to correct it, the picture is moved to the album in the “Photos” program. Having opened it after saving, you can use light filters and other improvement mechanisms provided in the operating system for processing photos.
The main way
Apple has a strong tradition in many areas. As a result, users get a familiar set of functions on every device.
- Screenshots on iPhone 7, 8, and earlier are done in the same way. You need to simultaneously press the buttons “Home” and power off. Up to 5S inclusive, it was located on the upper end of the device, but with an increase in the diagonal of the screen, it “moved” to the right side.
The last model that allows you to make a print screen in this way is the 8 Plus. The iPhone X does not have a Home button. Its owners need to remember a different combination. Photo from the display is taken by simultaneously pressing the shutdown and volume up buttons.
In fact, the quick menu is one of the implementations of the “Markup” option that appeared in previous versions of iOS.
- The screenshot shows the moment when a thumbnail copy of the screenshot appears and where it is placed on the smartphone screen.
- After clicking on the thumbnail, the photo opens in the editing panel. The number “1” shows the size cropping frame and the result of its action. The highlighted block indicated by a two contains a set of brushes for handwriting or simple drawings. The three indicates the Share menu. The plus symbol, above which the number 4 is placed, expands additional options.
- In the screenshot above, the pop-up menu is highlighted and shows the use of the Loupe tool, which enlarges part of the Google logo.
- Having finished processing, click on the “Finish” button located in the upper left corner. The pop-up menu allows you to save the photo for future use or immediately delete it if it is no longer useful.
How to take a screenshot of the screen on iPhone 7
A screenshot, like a photo taken with a camera, is intended to quickly capture and save an ongoing event. The only difference between them is where it happens. It is quite logical to save information from the screen in the form of a photo, and not copy it onto paper. Today we will figure out how to take a screenshot on the iPhone 7 or any other model of the “apple” smartphone.
IOS has a little-used feature that lets you create a virtual home button. It is called Assistive Touch, which translates as Assistive Touch. It was designed specifically for people with disabilities and allows you to operate a smartphone with one hand, completely imitating complex gestures and pressing control buttons.
- By default, this function is disabled and activated in the settings. In the general menu, select “Basic” and go to the item indicated in the screenshot.
- Having opened the section “Universal access”, we scroll down the list of settings to get to the desired parameter. In the screenshot, it is highlighted with a frame.
iPhone 7: How To Do a Screenshot, 2 Methods!
- Move the slider marked with the arrow to activate Assistive Touch on the device. By default, the button that allows you to make a screen is in the third nested action level. To simplify access and make this feature useful, open the boxed setting.
- Let’s sacrifice a voice assistant by replacing Siri with a screenshot button. Click on it to open the action selection menu.
- We are looking for the option indicated in the screenshot. Click on it so that a checkmark appears opposite to confirm the selection. We complete the operation using the virtual button “Finish”. After closing the settings, we move to the main screen of the smartphone.
- The arrow indicates the auxiliary touch button in the active mode. In the waiting state, it becomes less noticeable. By default, the transparency level is set to 40% of the active state. You can move it to a convenient place at any edge of the screen to which it “sticks”.
- Now, by clicking on the new virtual button, we expand the action menu. The screenshot we need is in a programmed location.
Associative Touch can be configured to launch only when you need it. For example, activate this action by triple clicking on a physical button. Thus, if you need to take a series of sequential shots, you can operate your smartphone with one hand and do it much faster than the traditional method.
Processing in the Photo application
The built-in filters popularized by Instagram are not very useful for handling screenshots. The user needs other tools to add text or highlight a specific fragment to attract attention.
- If the screenshot has already been sent to the iPhone library, click the “Edit” button to edit it. In the screenshot, it is indicated by a frame and is located in the upper right corner.
- The arrow points to the additional menu we need.
- On the pop-up panel, select the marked Markup tool.
- As a result of the actions performed, a block with brushes already familiar to us in quick editing will open, indicated by a frame. To the right of it you can see the “” sign, which calls up additional tools. The screenshot processed in this way is saved to the library, after which it can be shared by sending it to the messenger or social network.
As you can see, the screenshot and its processing can be easily done directly on the iPhone and does not require additional programs. Flexibly configurable auxiliary touch options will help you work if you have to take screenshots on a regular basis.