How to Take a Screenshot on a Computer Keyboard
The content of the article
- How to take a screenshot on a computer: all methods
- Screenshot. What is it and how to make a screen
- How to take a screenshot of a page
How to take a screenshot of a screen on a computer using the keyboard
For creating a screenshot of the screen in Windows 7, 10 and earlier versions of the system, a button on the keyboard called Print Screen is responsible. Most often, its abbreviated name is indicated. Prt Scr. The key is usually located in the upper central or right part of the keyboard, immediately behind the F1-F12. Before clicking on it, make sure that the screen is displayed exactly the way you want to capture it. The most difficult thing for a beginner begins precisely after clicking on Print Screen, because at first it is not clear where the screenshot is saved. But just the user himself determines the location of the screenshot, for which it will take a few more steps.
Open any image editor, for the role of which the standard Windows program, MS Paint, is quite suitable. The application is located in the standard programs section, which can be accessed through the Start menu. As soon as MS Paint starts up, click on the “Edit” menu section and select “Paste”. A screenshot of your computer screen you made will immediately appear in the main program field. The same image insertion action can be performed using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl V. Make sure that you are satisfied with how the screenshot looks. Otherwise, you can use the toolkit of the program to fix it, for example, select and crop excess edges or flip the image. After that, go to the “File”. “Save as.”, Where you need to specify the folder for saving the screenshot and click “Save”. The image will immediately appear in the selected folder and will be available for future use.
Here are the advantages and disadvantages of the described method to take a screenshot of the screen on the computer using the keyboard. Its advantages are as follows:
- Comparative simplicity and accessibility;
- Compatibility with all versions of Windows;
- Data security.
Despite the number of actions required to obtain and save a screen, the “Print Screen Paint” method remains the most accessible and understandable for both beginners and advanced users. To obtain an image, it is not necessary to resort to the help of extraneous programs and people, which helps to prevent leakage of personal data and virus infection of the computer. However, the disadvantages of this method are:
- A large number of actions;
- Tangible time costs;
- Keyboard addiction.
You need to get used to the method of capturing the screen through the Prt Scr key for a while, so there is often confusion in the sequence of actions, which leads to the help of specialists again and again. In addition, not everyone can have a workable keyboard with the right key at hand, so every self-respecting user of a personal computer is obliged to figure out additional ways to get the desired picture.
How to take a screenshot of a screen on a computer if there is no Print Screen button
Many users are interested in how to photograph a computer or laptop screen if the required Print Screen button is missing. For starters, it’s still worth looking for it, because, as mentioned earlier, it can be called differently: Prt Scr, PrScr, or even just have a screen icon. The location of the key may also vary depending on the equipment. However, on the oldest computers that are still installed in many Russian offices, there is really no Print Screen button. In this case, special programs will come to the rescue, with which you can easily take a screenshot of the screen on a computer or laptop. Also, applications will be an excellent solution for those who simply want to reduce the time to create and save a screen.
There are a great many various programs for creating screenshots, but it is best to immediately pay attention to the simplest and free applications, which at the same time have long been well established among ordinary users. If you try to install the first program found on the network, there is a big risk of simply not understanding all its functions or, even worse, catching a virus from a site on which attackers are operating. So, one of the best applications of its kind is considered to be Lightshot. The program is quickly installed and integrated into the system, starting to run when it starts. In the settings, you can assign any key to take a screenshot, and after pressing it, the image is immediately saved to a folder convenient for the user. Thus, the screen is created in just one step.
You can use the closest analogue of Lightshot. The “Screenshot” program, which has similar functionality, and which also allows you to take a screenshot of the screen in one action. Snagit and Clip2net are quite good in convenience, which also have their own image editor, which allows you to quickly and easily process the received screen. However, there are certain disadvantages to the method of photographing the screen using applications:
- Not compatible with all versions of Windows;
- System performance degradation;
- Time spent on development.
Alas, most programs do not actually work on the oldest computers, and if they are installed, they significantly slow down the system with a weak hardware configuration. In addition, it will take some time to learn all the functions of the program and remember how to use it. However, in the future, the process of creating screenshots can be simplified dozens of times. Thus, each user decides in his own way which method suits him best. If you rarely have to take a screenshot of the screen on your computer, it will be enough to remember the “Prt Scr Paint” procedure, but if such a need arises daily, you should think about choosing a program that suits your convenience.
You will now receive practical advice and a complete “alignment”: How to take a screenshot of the screen on the computer. We will tell and show everything. And even step by step with us you will make your first screen.
To begin with, what kind of word is this. A “screenshot”? It happens like this. You urgently needed to send a friend through a computer the location of the object on the map. A photo is not at hand, and not in the search for Yandex and Google from the pictures.
Or if you are engaged in an online business, and any technical support requires a screen of what is happening from you. Then, like it or not, the need arose: how to take a screenshot of a screen on a computer.
And computer gamers consult with each other and show how they managed to triumphantly overcome the traps in the game.
In general, it will be useful for many to learn how to take a screenshot.
Now we will show you an overview of the most popular screenshot programs. With the help of these necessary things, you can independently and free scan your computer screen in the form of a picture (image).
- Using standard Windows tools and the “print screen” button
- Special programs to take a screenshot
- Using the browser you use
How to take a screenshot on a windows 7 computer and where to find it
This is the easiest way, but not the easiest. Its advantage is that it is always at hand, no need to download or access special programs. And minus. Besides the fact that you need to press a button on the keyboard, you will need a series of actions to get a screenshot of the screen and find it.
Now to the point. If you need to take a screenshot of the screen on a windows 7 computer (windows 7), you will first need one action, or rather, a button. The “PrtSc” (Print Screen) or “Psc” or “PrtnScn” key, whichever is on your keyboard.
If you haven’t found out, if there is no “print screen” button, you don’t despair, use the electronic keyboard. This is not a problem. You press “Win” “U” at the same time. A standard Windows window pops up, select “keyboard” and turn on “electronic keyboard”.
Where can I find a screenshot, where is it saved?
By default, after you take a screenshot of the screen on the computer, Windows saves it in the clipboard. Do not try to find the screen yourself and do not find out where it is stored. Just know that your “snapshot” is already in the memory of the “computer”.
Instructions on how to take a screenshot on your computer using the standard Windows program
- Press the “print screen” button when you find the desired picture. It is usually located in the upper right corner of the “F12”.
- Open the standard graphics program “Paint”. How? Click “Start”, then either enter “Paint” in the search box, or select “All Programs”, then “Standard” and “Paint”.
- The graphic editor will open. In the left corner, click “Paste” or the keyboard shortcut “CtrlV”. And from the “clipboard” your picture will appear.
- If you don’t need to do anything with the screenshot taken, then save it. How? In the upper left corner there is a “blue square” (“File”). Click it and select “Save As”. I advise you to save in “PNG” format.
- After you have selected the “image format” a window will pop up in which indicate to the computer where you want to save the “screen”. All.
If you want to edit the resulting image: crop or make changes (for example, text), then in “Paint” it is easy to do.
Be aware that with the combination of the “PrtSc” (Print Screen) and “Alt” buttons, the system saves only the active window to the clipboard, not the entire monitor snapshot, but part of it. These are the usual dialog boxes or windows that resemble Windows: such as the “Are you sure you want to delete all images?” Warnings when you empty the Trash folder.
How to take a screenshot on a Windows 7 computer using the standard Scissors program
In “Windows 7” there are “scissors” with which you can cut out the area of the screen on the computer.
- Again, “Start”, then “All programs”, “Standard”, and “Scissors”.
- The picture on the display will turn white and a window will appear where you need to click on “Create”.
- Using the “mouse”, move the cursor. Indicate, as it were, the area that you need for the screenshot.
- A new window will appear, where in the upper left corner click “File” and “Save As”.
- Choose a place to fit the screen, and give it a name. All.
How to take a screenshot on a computer on Windows 10
We did not find something characteristically different from how to take a screenshot on Windows 10 or on another Windows. In both cases, the screen is easy and simple to prepare using standard utility programs that are in every set of the operating system.
Over, you can do without any programs at all.
As mentioned above, in order to take a screenshot of the screen on a computer on windows 10, you need to turn your attention to the keyboard and find special Win Print Sc SysRq keys (Win PrtScr) on it. And then, using a combination, click on them. The image on the monitor will darken a little and Windows will instantly take a screenshot and place your screen in a folder.
Where to find her? You ask. And here everything is easy and simple. It is located in the “Screenshots” folder in the “Image” operating folder. Open and see the screenshots you created.
Useful advice, who uses exactly “Windows 10”: the screen can be made using the keyboard shortcuts Windows (with the flag) and “H” (English). In this method, the program will take and save a screenshot in the “cloud”. And it will give you a list of applications with which you can send the picture electronically or edit it in the online service.
What to do if there is no such “magic” button “print screen” on the keyboard?
How to take a screenshot if there is no “print screen” button? Or a screenshot program
There is a solution for this method.
The most elementary is to select the “electronic keyboard” and repeat the necessary steps. And there is another option using specialized programs.
Honestly, there are many such utilities. And even we have not all tried them. But we definitely know that taking a screenshot of the screen with their help does not represent much effort. Everything is pretty simple: you need to download the program to your computer, run it and take a “screen capture”. A snapshot.
- Lightshot (https://app.Prntscr.com/en/index.html)
- Screenshot (https: //screenshot.Rf/)
- FastStone Capture (http://www.Faststone.Org/download.Htm)
- Fraps (http://www.Fraps.com/download.php). Makes screenshots in games
- PicPick (http://ngwin.com/picpick)
- Clip2Net (http://clip2net.com/en/)
- Screenshot Joxi (http://joxi.ru/lander/)
- Paparazzi (https://derailer.Org/paparazzi/). Mac only
Online services for saving screenshots
- PasteNow (https://pastenow.ru/)
- Makescreen (https://makescreen.ru/chrome)
- Snapito (https://snapito.com/). You can send pictures to Pinterest
- Web Capture (https://web-capture.Net/en/)
- IMGonline (https://www.Imgonline.com.Ua/website-screenshot.php). Ukrainian service
- S-shot (https://www.S-shot.ru/)
- ScreenPage (http://screenpage.ru/)
You do not need to download anything as you understand. Just select and copy the link where you want to take a picture, paste it into a special field of the online tool and edit as you like. Save to your computer.
Take a screenshot using a browser
The browsers themselves will help you how to take a screenshot of the screen on your computer. Applications and extensions are available for all search engines: Yandex, Opera, Google, Mozilla Firefox and others.
Today, Yandex, Opera, Google, Mozilla Firefox, the leaders in our country, already have a page capture function built into the settings.
How to make a screen using the program “Lightshot”?
Let’s look at the example of “Lightshot”, we use it very often. By the way, I made this picture above using “Lightshot”.
- Download the program from the official website for free. (No viruses, do not worry. Everything is clean)
- Install (the program always starts with the computer, along with Windows).
- An icon appears in the upper right corner. An image of a purple-violet “feather”.
- When you need to take a screenshot, click on this “pen”.
- The display will fade and you will be prompted to select an area for the picture.
- Right-click and drag the frame to the desired size.
- At the bottom and side of this frame, additional useful functions are located, including for saving a screenshot. (Dealing with the add-ons will not be any problem. Pupils do everything with a half kick).
Video. How to take a screenshot step by step, a screenshot on a laptop or computer:
If you have something to add. Welcome in the comments. So introduce your friends (share on social networks. It’s useful for them, I’m very pleased, and it’s not difficult for you to click on the icon of your favorite social network) with 20 or more ways “How to take a screenshot of the screen on your computer yourself.