How To Sync Iphone With Icloud
According to polls, more than 60% of users of Apple iPhone smartphones store phone book data only on the device. Perhaps this is a banal carelessness, the awareness of which often comes after the destruction of the list of numbers. This happens due to a software error on the device or, for example, the loss of the phone.
Fortunately, Apple’s services provide an opportunity to avoid the sad consequences. For each user, free disk space is allocated. a “cloud” data storage. Syncing iPhone contacts with iCloud is an easy way to avoid losing your phone book.
Configure Contact Sync
If the smartphone has been used for a long time, and the question “How to synchronize iPhone with icloud?” nobody asked before, you must first prepare the contacts for synchronization. To do this, at the first stage, you need to make sure that the phone book is stored on the device, there are no entries on the SIM card. For this:
- Find and click the settings icon on one of the screens, select the “Contacts” menu item.
- Inside this setting there is an option to import contacts from a SIM card. Click on the corresponding inscription.
Now there is confidence that the phone book data is stored in the internal memory of the device, and synchronization with iCloud will be complete.
At the second stage, synchronization with your own Apple account is activated. To do this, go back to the settings. the gear icon. to the iCloud item.
Indicate the details of the account with which you are logging into the App Store, email and password, click the “Login” button. If for some reason there is no account, select the Create Apple ID menu item. If the device is successfully connected to the cloud service, the email address will glow near the iCloud menu item.
Next, proceed to synchronization. First, check if the iPhone is connected to the Internet. Open “Settings”. iCloud, opposite the “Contacts” item, activate the green switch.
Synchronization occurs in the background. It usually takes from 10 to 30 minutes, it all depends on the size of the address book.
When adding a new phone number entry, you will not need to repeat the steps from this instruction again: the smartphone will automatically upload the new contact to the store.
Check if synchronization was successful
To do this, you will need access to a computer with access to the World Wide Web. Enter icloud.com in the address bar, go to the storage site. Enter your Apple account information: email and password.
Go to the “Contacts” menu item, a list of numbers should be displayed there, similar to that found in the phone book of the smartphone. If so, synchronization is configured correctly.
Negative aspects of syncing iPhone with iCloud
Despite the fact that Apple provides a convenient solution for synchronizing contacts with icloud, this approach is not without drawbacks.
- Often, programs downloaded from the AppStore will “ask” for access to the device’s email. After receiving this data, the application will be allowed to use the list on Iklaud.
- If you have to change your email, your Apple ID account will also suffer. This means that contacts cannot be transferred to a device with a new account. You will have to link two accounts to send a list, and this is not an easy operation.
- If you accidentally delete an entry from the address book, its recovery occurs only through the backup of the device.
- If the phone book is replenished with a new number, it will be necessary to make a backup via iTunes soon in order to have a chance to restore it in case of accidental deletion. Thus, you have to manually make copies on a personal computer regularly.
Despite some negative aspects, synchronizing contacts with Iklaud is an effective way to avoid unpleasant surprises, for example, if you lose your phone. We recommend that you activate this function immediately after buying a smartphone, especially since the activation process is simple and affordable for everyone.