How to sync contacts on iPhone with gmail
How to sync iPhone contacts (correct way)
After writing an article on how to transfer contacts from android to iPhone, I was frankly surprised by the results of the survey. It turns out that more than half of users store contacts only on the phone.
Perhaps many do not attach any importance to this, but I will say from experience. Between the second and third recovery of the notebook, the thought comes that I am doing something wrong. There can be a lot of reasons for losing records, from an unsuccessful update or jailbreak to a banal loss of your phone. Therefore, this article is for those who have reached enlightenment.
Apple seemingly provides users with a convenient system for storing their records and phone book. It is tied to iCloud cloud storage. And here, as they say, all the shortcomings follow from the positive sides. Namely:
Sync contacts with Google
Then you ask: “Is there an alternative?” Of course there is, it is very “beloved” by the Google Apple. The platform independent service Gmail is devoid of all these annoyances. Once the settings have been made, you can automatically sync your iPhone contacts without fear for phonebook entries. Except for you, no one will have access to it. And besides, in Google, you can restore your contact list as of any time in the past 30 days.
Disadvantages of syncing contacts with iTunes and iCloud
- By giving your account to someone to install programs, you immediately give him access to the phone book, as. App Store and iCloud login details are the same.
- If you decide to change your iCloud account on your device, you will lose access to your phone book. Your contacts will be downloaded from the new iCloud.
- If you accidentally deleted someone’s contact, then you can restore it only by restoring a backup.
- And if you made a new entry in the phone book, then in order for it to be archived, you need to sync with iTunes.
Create a Google account
First of all, you need to create a Google account. If you don’t have it yet, you can do this by following the link accounts.google.com The account provides access to all services, including the Gmail mail service.
- Log in to Gmail via the context menu.
- Click the Contacts link below the folder list on any Gmail page.
- This is where your notebook will be stored.
Sync Contacts with iPhone
Now we will set up the synchronization of contacts from the iPhone to the created Google account.
- Open the iPhone Settings app.
- Click “Mail, Addresses, Calendars”.
- Open the “Add Account” menu.
- Click on the Google logo.
- Fill in the fields: Name: Enter your name. E-mail: Enter the email address of your Google account. Password: Your account password. (Note, if you have enabled two-step authentication, you must create a password as described here.) Description: Enter the name of the account entries such as “Google Book”.
- Click Next at the top of the screen. And make sure On is selected in the “Contacts” line.
Now the contacts from the Google address book will be transferred to the phone. But we have nothing there now. Need to sync iPhone contacts backwards so that everything from the phone is automatically transferred to the Google phone book.
- Return to the “Mail, Addresses, Calendars” tab.
- Scroll down on this tab to the heading Contacts and click “Standard Account”. Click on your Google account.
- Go back to the previous tab. It should be like this:
- Now open the Phone app on the Contacts tab on your iPhone. Synchronization will start automatically.
- All changes made on the phone will almost immediately be displayed in the Google phone book. And vice versa.
How to save contacts from iPhone to gmail | sync iPhone contacts to gmail
How to sync contacts from Gmail to iPhone or iPad
Google is set as the default account for storing your contacts online on most Android smartphones. One of the benefits of using it is to save and sync contacts and access them on any platform. So if you’ve recently switched from Android to iOS, it’s easy to sync contacts from Gmail to iPhone and iPad. Let me show you how you can do this.
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Go to the “Passwords and Accounts” section.
- Tap Add Account.
- Click on Google → Continue.
- Enter your email or phone number and click Next.
- Enter your password and click Next.
- After logging in, turn on the “Contacts” switch and click “Save”.
All your Gmail contacts will be synced to your iPhone and iPad.
Optionally, you can delete them or delete the added Google account by going to the same password and accounts settings. Also, if you have already set up a Google account, you just need to turn on the “Contacts” switch to sync your Gmail contacts.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and go to Contacts.
- Click on Default Account. Last Option.
- Select Gmail.
Now that Gmail is set as the default account, the Contacts app will only display contacts synced to your Google account.
- Open your Gmail account in a browser on your computer.
- Click the Google Apps icon.
- Click “Contacts”.
- Click “Export” in the menu on the left.
- Under Export As, select vCard and click Export. You can select and export multiple contacts instead of all. To do this, select the contact names and click “Export”.
- VCard file will be loaded.
- Now log into your iCloud account on your computer.
- Open Contacts.
- Click on the settings icon in the lower left corner and select “Import vCard”.
- Import vCard from your computer that you downloaded.
Your Google contacts are added to your iCloud account. It will sync with your iPhone and iPad if you’ve set up iCloud with the same Apple ID.
So these were two ways to sync contacts from Gmail to iOS device. You can also sync your Google Calendar with your iPhone. Check out our specific guide to the same.
If your love of using Google apps persists even after switching to iOS, these messages are full of important information.!
It takes very little time and an internet connection to successfully sync your data with iPhone and Gmail. Synchronization methods will be described in detail below.
Adding a Google account
This option is suitable for Apple devices with iOS 7 and 8. You just need to add your Google account.
- Go to “Settings”.
- Click on “Accounts and Passwords”.
- Then tap on “Add Account”.
- In the highlighted list, select “Google”.
Sync iPhone Contacts to Gmail
Users of Apple products may encounter the problem of synchronizing contacts with the Gmail service, but there are several ways that can help in this matter. You don’t even have to install any programs and spend a lot of time. Correct setting of profiles in your device will do everything for you. The only difficulty that can occur is the wrong version of the iOS device, but first things first.
CardDAV provides support for many services across a variety of devices. To use it, you need an Apple device with iOS higher than version 5.
Go to “Accounts and Passwords” (or “Mail, Addresses, Calendars” earlier).
In the “Contacts” section, click on “CardDav Account”.
Using Google Sync
This feature is only available for business, government and educational institutions. Ordinary users need to use the first two methods.
How to Sync iPhone Contacts to Gmail in iOS | How to Import Google Contacts to iPhone Correct Way!
- In the settings go to “Accounts and Passwords”.
- Click on “Add Account” and select “Exchange” from the list.
In “E-mail” write your e-mail, and in “Description”, whatever you want.
Then save and switch the “Mail” and “Contacts” slider to the right.
As you can see, there is nothing difficult in setting up synchronization. If you have any difficulties with your account, then log into your Google account from a computer and confirm the entrance from an unusual place.
In addition to this article, there are 12388 instructions on the site. Add Lumpics.ru to your bookmarks (CTRLD) and we will definitely be useful to you.
Thank the author, share the article on social networks.