How To Set Up Sms On Ipad
If when you send an SMS message, it is sent as iMessage (enclosed in a blue bubble) and the status bar freezes, hold your finger on the message and select Send as SMS / MMS.
IOS provides flexible settings for sending both traditional SMS messages and manipulations with iMessage. Open Messaging Settings and turn off the slider next to iMessage.
Option A is more radical and completely eliminates the use of iMessage. Option B allows you to send SMS messages when iMessage is unavailable. After completing the settings, restart the device and resend the message.
If this item did not help, move on.
Hard reset device
Sometimes, it seems to me that the Apple programmers themselves sometimes do not know about what is happening in the heart of the mobile operating system iOS. In such minutes, the device needs a good brain shake and a forced hard reboot.
Hold down the Home and Power keys and hold them until a white apple logo appears. After such a restart, sending messages can be resumed.
If this item did not help, move on.
Disable sending SMS from other devices
With the release of the operating systems iOS 8 and OS X Yosemite, users were able to send SMS messages from the SIM card installed in the iPhone, but using a Mac or iPad. Unfortunately, the function may negatively affect the sending of regular SMS.
Open Messaging Settings and go to Message Forwarding. Disconnect any devices listed there. Reboot iPhone.
If this item did not help, move on.
Fighting problems sending SMS messages to iPhone
A few days ago I was late for an important meeting and I urgently needed to warn the person about the delay. Alas, the day before I forgot to renew the mobile Internet tariff, and when sending an SMS message, the iPhone tried to send it to the addressee using the iMessage protocol. The message didn’t go away. What could be done in this situation, read below.
While mobile operators continue to bite their elbows and put up with the spread of instant messengers, SMS messages are confidently sent to the place where the forgotten pager is already resting. Nevertheless, no one is going to reduce the cost of traditional short messages: where there is no Internet there is no possibility to use Telegram, WhatsApp, Viber or their alternatives. Without the Internet, the user also loses the ability to send messages using Apple’s own iMessage protocol between iOS devices.
Despite all the convenience of Apple’s mobile OS, the incident that happened to me makes me be ready for any surprises. So, you find yourself in the following situation:
- No Internet;
- You urgently need to send an SMS message to the addressee, with which you usually correspond via iMessage;
- The message flatly refuses to be sent.
Attempt 5: disconnecting the internet
Although the Edge, 3G, or LTE icon is often not displayed when there is no internet traffic available, iOS may attempt to establish a connection without the user’s knowledge. Thus, the iPhone will continue unsuccessful attempts to send a message to the recipient via the iMessage protocol.
Open Cellular Settings and turn off the Cellular Data slider. When working on an LTE network, try either completely disconnecting the network, or setting it up exclusively for data transmission (Voice and Audio off). Reboot iPhone.
If this item did not help, move on.
Reset network settings
One of the possible solutions to the problem of sending SMS messages may be to reset the network settings. Resetting network settings will not affect your personal data and will not affect the state of the iPhone phone book in any way, but passwords for all saved Wi-Fi networks will have to be entered again.
Open Settings General Reset and select Reset network settings. To continue, you will need to enter the four-digit password you use as the unlock key. Iphone will restart and you can try sending the message again.
If this item did not help, move on.
How to turn off T9 on WhatsApp?
The T9 mode gained popularity when push-button devices came into fashion. This option is very convenient and allows you to quickly type text. It was only necessary to click on the required initial 2-3 letters, and the wise program itself guessed the required version of the full word. However, some users want and are interested in how to disable T9 in WhatsApp?
Pros and cons
T9 is found in both old models and today’s gadgets based on Android. Despite the convenience and reduced time for typing text material, this mode is not without its drawbacks. Speeding up typing is often a theoretical concept.
The application has a built-in large dictionary with a wide range of words most often used in everyday life. This mode sometimes presented unwanted surprises when, after typing, it paraphrased words in a different manner, and the user had to spend time correcting.
Using the keyboard functionality, you can also disable T9. For this:
- Open one of the system programs or instant messengers where text input is used;
- Press and hold for 1-2 sec. Option key spacebar;
- Select the active keyboard in the highlighted Input method option;
- Press the input settings key;
- Select the Autocorrection command;
- Mark command Off.
In order to disable T9 on Android in WhatsApp in the first way, you need to perform the following manipulations step by step:
- Go to settings;
- Select the Language and input command;
- Click on it;
- Select a smart set from the list that opens;
- Find T9 or auto-correction;
- Disable the option by placing the runner in an inactive state.
The algorithm of actions is the same for almost all phone modifications.
It is important to take into account that if there are several keyboards on the gadget, they should be distinguished from Google voice input (you do not need to touch this option). You should choose the one you are doing at the moment.
Remove option on Android
There are two ways to disable T9 devices on this platform: using system settings and using the keyboard.
Removing T9 on iOS
Basically, the iPhone doesn’t have this mode. This development of predictive input was created for simplified push-button devices. The option on the iPhone is called auto-correction. Although most call it T9.
To disable auto-correction on iPhone and iPad, follow these simple steps:
- Go to the settings;
- Open the Main Keyboard;
Disable the Autocorrection command.
Requirements for a password on an iPhone
As Apple takes the security of personal information and users’ personal information seriously, strict password requirements are imposed. So, a safe option should have the following features:
- Contain at least one uppercase letter (capitalized);
- At least one digit;
- Do not repeat the account;
- Contain at least 8 characters;
- Not be the same with the old password;
- Do not have repeating characters in a row.
How to install a fingerprint
Before you can set your own fingerprint for Touch ID on the device, you need to set a passcode and then follow a series of steps:
- Check the Home button for dirt or moisture. Hands must also be clean and dry before installing the fingerprint.
- Go to the Settings Touch ID and Passcode menu, where to enter the existing code.
- Find the Add Fingerprint command. While holding the iPhone in its usual position, place your finger on the Home button. The button itself should not be pressed. A few seconds after touching the button, a prompt appears on the screen or a quick vibration occurs.
- Repeated touches of the fingerprint scanner, slightly changing the position of the finger.
- A screen will appear prompting you to change the position of the phone in your hand. You should hold it as you normally would when unlocking it. In this case, the finger is applied to the button with the upper part of the pad, and not with its central part, as was required at the beginning of scanning.
Note! If scanning fails, you can try to repeat the procedure using another finger.
How to set a passcode
To set up more complex protection, you need to disable the Simple password function in the settings. Next, you need to enter the old combination and come up with a new one, consisting not only of numbers, but also of English letters of different register. You need to repeat the new code, click Finish, confirming the correctness of your actions.
Procedure for setting a passcode
Important! After installing a complex combination, it must be well remembered. Otherwise, a long-term recovery of the phone via iTunes or Apple’s official website will be required.
The phone will ask for a code when doing the following:
- Turn on the phone or restart it;
- Remove the lock by pressing the Home button or scrolling;
- Update ayos;
- Erase data from the phone;
- View or change password settings;
- Set configuration profiles.
How to remove password on iPhone and iPad
If you know the current code on the device, changing and deleting it will not be difficult. To do this, you need to follow several steps:
- Go to settings, then to Touch ID and passcode.
- Enter the current code.
- Activate the action Turn off the passcode, then follow the instructions of the system.
If you forget the code, you will have to restore your phone. This will require knowledge of iCloud, installing the latest version of iTunes on your PC and following certain procedures.
Important! If the user is unsure of his abilities, it is better to entrust the flashing of the iPhone to professionals.
Types of passwords to protect your iPhone
If a four-digit combination seems too simple and unreliable protection, there are several more options.
How to set a password for apps
Along with the questions of how to make a 4-digit password on an iPhone, users are interested in installing a code on applications. A modern operating system has a Screen Time function in its rich arsenal. And if initially it was created to control the time spent in a particular application, now its functionality has slightly increased.
Now you can set a limit for staying in a game or program. When it is completely exhausted, the device prompts you to enter the set code to extend it. This option suits the task of putting a password on a message folder on an iPhone.
To use this trick, follow these instructions:
- Activate the screen time function. This can be done in the phone settings item of the same name.
- Come up with a defensive combination and validate it.
- View a graph showing statistics of visits to all applications and programs used.
- Select the application you need to control.
- In the open window, add a limit and set the desired time.
- Activate the Add button to confirm your actions.
Password for applications and photos
The restriction can be placed not only on one of the applications or SMS, but also on the entire category (games, efficiency, social networks, etc.). To activate it, go to the Settings Screen Time Program Limits, click on the limits and select the desired category. After setting the limit on the phone screen, these groups of applications or individual programs will be dimmed and equipped with an hourglass icon.
Important! To use this feature, you need to update your iPhone 8 plus, xr, xs, and other versions to iOS 12 or later.
Now a few words about the application interface
In the center you can see the SMS you sent earlier
Bottom right button Information with the terms of service
At the bottom left is the Buy button, by clicking which you can purchase the ability to send additional SMS for a small fee
At the bottom left there is also a Settings button, by clicking which you can specify whether you want to receive SMS delivery notifications and whether you need to show the number of characters when typing a message. I can say that for some reason these two points did not work for me. Probably due to the fact that at the first start of the SMS-center I chose to refuse to receive notifications.
By the way, here you can delete the entered phone number.
Well, that seems to be all.
Installing an application for sending SMS from iPad
Now I will describe in detail the whole process of sending a free SMS message from iPad:
- Download and install the program “SMS center”
- Go to the AppStore
- In the search, we type the SMS center
- On the found application “SMS Center”, click Free
- Next, click Install in the same place and wait until the application is installed.
- We launch the installed SMS-center on the iPad
- You will see a screen similar to the one on the left. Answer the question asked. If you select the deny value, you will not be able to receive notifications. Read the terms of service.
- After that, you will be prompted to enter the phone number on behalf of which messages will be sent. At this point, I want to dwell in more detail.
The fact is that it is not safe to enter your phone numbers on the Internet. You can be debited, signed up for an expensive paid subscription, added to spam lists, etc. Therefore, most people are wary of such things, including me.
By entering your phone number in the program “SMS center” (not without some hesitation) and after sending a few sms from this application, I can write my observations:
- The money for the SMS was really not charged
- Paid subscription was not noticed
- Spam did not come
Thus, I think that, at least at the time of this writing, the service is fair. But, naturally, I cannot give any guarantees in this case, the developers of this service decide everything.
- So, on the entered phone number you receive a code that you enter to confirm your rights to it on the page that opens.
- After which you will be taken to a page from which you can send SMS.
How to send SMS from iPad?
Unfortunately, it will not be possible to send SMS from the iPad by standard means. But, fortunately, for sending them there is a special application called SMS Center, created by Russian developers and distributed free of charge. You can download the SMS center in the Russian AppStore (note that it is not in the American AppStore).
Restrictions when sending SMS from iPad
When sending free SMS from iPad, some restrictions apply, namely:
- The number of free SMS is limited to 30 pieces per month, the rest for a small fee
- You cannot receive messages on iPad, only send
- To send SMS, you will have to enter your cell phone number, on behalf of which the SMS will be sent. You will also need to confirm the rights to this number.
- To send SMS messages from the iPad, you need to be connected to a Wi-Fi network (or 3G)
Create a new SMS
- Click on the icon located in the upper right
- We enter the phone number to which you want to send SMS (this number, by the way, can be added to contacts and select from there, without entering again each time. I will not tell you in detail how to do this, I think you will figure it out yourself)
- At the bottom we write the text of the message
- Click the Send button
- That’s it, your message is already at the addressee. He will receive a message with information about the phone number you entered at the very beginning.
Probably, while reading this article, the question came from time to time: Why, in fact, send SMS from the iPad, if you have a cell phone?
I can give you a choice of several suitable options:
- The phone is dead or out of money
- The phone is too lazy to reach, but the iPad is already at hand
- Just for fun
- It is easier to type long text on the iPad. Please note here that the length of the free SMS seems to be limited, but I can’t say for sure, because I don’t know for sure, so read the rules or experiment!
Programs for receiving and sending SMS messages on iPad
Apple iPad is a multifunctional, convenient and practical gadget, one of the drawbacks of which is the impossibility of working with traditional messages of the GSM, SMS and MMS standards. Many users note the importance of being able to receive messages on the iPad, this option expands the capabilities of the device. Sending messages using iPad is beneficial in a number of cases:
- The phone is completely discharged;
- There are no funds on the mobile account;
- There is a desire to open up new possibilities of your own gadget;
- Faster typing of long messages thanks to the large screen.
Ipad software (iPod Touch) does not allow them to send SMS to mobile numbers. This issue can be solved by working with numerous sites that provide free SMS delivery services. This process is not convenient for all most Apple device users prefer to use VoIP telephony to send messages.
Programs such as Skype, Mail agent, Viber, Hangouts allow you to send messages to subscribers connected to the Internet, but at the same time they are absolutely useless for those who use communications exclusively of GSM standard.
For the happy owners of devices with iOS 8.1 (or OS X Yosemite) there is no reason to worry due to the synchronization of devices via Bluetooth, the iPhone phone call is displayed on the iPad screen (the HandOff function is used).
For owners of devices with iOS version higher than 4th, the best option would be to use the standard messenger iMessage. Earlier Apple devices will love the App Store apps that let you send or receive SMS messages using your iPad.
Receiving and sending SMS messages to iPad using Apple iMessage app
For owners of smart devices with IOS version higher than the fourth, the iMessage application has recommended itself. This program is designed specifically for messaging between Apple devices.
This specificity has both advantages and disadvantages. On the positive side, you don’t have to spend money to exchange SMS. Convenient usability, the presence of contacts at hand allow you to receive or send messages through the iPad at any time, without interrupting important matters.
Watching a movie, listening to music or painstaking work on a document can be easily combined with lively correspondence.
The disadvantage of the iMessage application is its focus exclusively on users of Apple devices. If the user’s relatives or friends use gadgets on another platform, it will not work a priori to connect them.
Handoff feature running iOS 8.1 (OS X Yosemite)
Developers of modern devices are fond of synchronization, involving all gadgets in contact with a person in cooperation. Mobile phone, tablet, laptop now there is no emphasis on one thing.
Thanks to the HandOff function, you can receive messages on the iPad, make calls, work with documents simultaneously on three different devices. The convenience lies in the fact that this operation does not require switching from gadget to gadget; all changes in documents are recorded by each of them.
Do not have time to finish writing a text or send a message from a laptop, you can add it on a tablet (add it and send it using your phone)! Now the Mac platform is synchronized with the iOS platform, all devices of these lines communicate with each other via WiFi in order to perform one of the most important functions. To do this, all family sharing gadgets are linked to one iCloud account.
Special SMS-sharing programs for iPad
In the Russian AppStore, you can download and install the SMS Center program. This application allows you to send up to 30 free SMS per month, exceeding the limit will require certain cash infusions from those who like to communicate. To send SMS, you have to enter the phone number (on whose behalf they are sent) and go through the verification procedure.
In addition, the program requires a WiFi / 3G connection. The disadvantage of the application is the lack of a function for receiving messages on the iPad, as well as the low reliability of its work.
Easysms HD software works with a micro SIM card using a 3G module to connect to the network. You can send only 5 SMS messages to iPad for free. The program can work with a limited number of mobile operators. The downside is its paid basis, limited compatibility, mandatory synchronization of the microSIM card with a phone or USB-modem.
The UMS program from the Megafon operator allows you to send (receive) SMS and MMS messages using a special web resource that combines contacts from the phone book and social network accounts.
This allows you to switch between correspondence in the GSM format and online services. The advantage of the program is the ability to store all SMS correspondence in the cloud, the disadvantage is its low security.