How To Set Up A Watch On A Fitness Bracelet
Xiaomi Mi Band 2. How to set the time and set the clock
Fitness bracelets from the Chinese company Xiaomi have long gained popularity around the world. These small gadgets can change the approach to the analysis of human activity during the day. The devices, called Mi Band, help to record the duration of physical activity, sleep and other important life processes. This is necessary, first of all, to adjust the user’s lifestyle and make him as healthy and correct as possible.
Mi Bend is a convenient and compact bracelet that must be worn on the hand. In appearance, the device is very similar to an ordinary wristwatch, but more stylish and modern. But its functionality, of course, is much more extensive compared to watches. At the same time, the gadget also plays the role of a clock, because it is supposed to set the time on it.
Recall that the first Mi Bend model did not have a screen, because the operation of the device was possible only through a special application, which displayed all the important information. A display has already appeared on the second-generation bracelet, and among the data available for display there is the current time. Of course, you could habitually watch it on the smartphone screen, but this is far from always convenient, because the gadget can be in your bag or in your pocket. And on the watch of the fitness tracker, it is always convenient to look at the time. the gadget is nearby and in sight at any time.
In this article we will tell you how to configure the most important parameters of the tracker, how to set the current time on it and fully optimize the work based on your own wishes.
The first thing you always do is set up the tracker screen, because the correct display of any information depends on how correctly everything is installed here.
Although the screen allows you to monitor a lot of information even without a phone, you will need to download the special MiFit application to configure it. You can download it for free for both Android and iOS. Going into the application, you will see the option to configure a personal profile. Here you should specify personal information about yourself so that the program can optimize the work specifically for you.
Also, through the profile, you can change the display settings by choosing the exact menu format that is convenient for you. In a standard format, the bracelet can display the following information on the display:
- current time and dates, that is, used as a clock;
- the number of steps taken over a given time period;
- total distance traveled;
- current heart rate;
- remaining battery power;
- calories burned per day.
Most users prefer to display information about the current time on the tracker’s main screen, thereby using the gadget in everyday life also as a watch. The convenient form of the device speaks in favor of this, and wearing it is in the format in which we are used to wearing watches. Well, it’s more convenient to see information about calories spent and distance traveled directly in the application. Because many people are concerned about the question: how to set the time on Xiaomi Mi Band 2. Users try to find special buttons for this on the device itself, but in vain.
This is not surprising, because the manufacturer simply did not foresee them. But the time setting on the Xiaomi Mi Band 2 occurs directly through the phone. over, you don’t even have to make special settings. Just change the date and time on the phone itself, and then these parameters will change on the tracker. Do not forget that the gadget is fully synchronized with the phone through the Mi Fit application, so this option is debugged automatically.
If for some reason you notice that the tracker is behind the displayed time behind the indicators of other devices, then it will be useful to check if the phone has started to fall behind. Changed parameters will be displayed literally immediately after you make the correction. The principle of the system is the same, regardless of whether we are talking about connected phones on the Android or iOS platform.
We recommend that you purchase older versions of Mi Band 2, which are delivered in beige boxes and have a green display. The manufacturer recently changed the format, now offering to buy a gadget in a white box, and the brightness of the screen in it is significantly worse. Therefore, so that all information is displayed clearly and clearly, it is better to give preference to a proven and older version.
In addition to time, in the second Mi Bend, you can also configure and display the date. This function is also activated through the application. Go to your profile and select the category “Time format”. On the right will be the item “Time Date”, and click on it. Immediately after this, not only the current time, but also today’s date will appear on the main screen, which is very useful if you often forget what date is today.
Now you know how to connect the display of date and time on the main screen of the Mi Bend fitness tracker. Successful use of the gadget!
Setting up Xiaomi Mi Band and Mi Fit
Today, mobile technology has entered the life of almost every person and occupy a leading position in it, if we talk about the frequency of use of certain devices. A modern smartphone has not been positioned like a toy for a long time, because its functionality has turned the device into a full-fledged working complex. The developers realized in time what they can make money from, and therefore began to create various accessories (bracelets, watches) and gadgets that expand the functionality of already smart mobile phones. The following is a detailed instruction for Xiaomi Mi Band 2 with all the nuances of using the bracelet and the Mi Fit application, due to which the device connects and synchronizes with the smartphone.
Complete and charge the bracelet
In fact, further on for the Xiaomi Mi Band instructions are presented in Russian, but of course it’s worth starting from the very unpacking of the product. If you bought an original bracelet and the appearance of the package does not give a fake, then you need to start work by charging the device to finally confirm its authenticity and prepare for first use.
The package must contain the following items:
- the Xiaomi Mi Band 2 bracelet itself, divided into a strap and a tracker inserted into it;
- USB charging cable.
Rules for using the charger and tracker
For Mi Band, tuning is an important step, but you still need to learn how to properly charge the bracelet. After unpacking the brand new Band, you need to remove the tracker from the strap, and then insert it into the charger with the contacts inside (as deep as possible, but without effort). Then, the charger must be inserted into a free USB port on your computer (recommended) or a USB adapter for a standard outlet. Bracelet charging time does not exceed two hours.
The tracker’s charge level is indicated by three LEDs that flash during charging and evenly glow when the device is fully charged. The standard time for the first charge cycle is about 2 hours. All subsequent charges will take much less time. The tracker needs to be fully charged, it is also worth avoiding non-standard charging methods, since improper supply of current will cause the device to burn out.
Install Mi Fit and register an account
The next step after unpacking the bracelet is to connect it to the smartphone, but it cannot be carried out without installing the Mi Fit application and registering the Mi account.
detailed instructions can be obtained in the already written article devoted to this issue, but in abbreviated form the algorithm of actions of the owner of the Mi Band bracelet is quite simple:
- The Mi Fit app is installed from the Play Market or the App Store.
- Registration of Mi account is carried out through the browser via the link or through the application itself.
After registration, Mi Band 2 can be configured, but for this you will have to make initial settings in the Mi Fit application, so that the bracelet is attached to the smartphone and data is constantly synchronized.
Mi Fit Initial Settings
Now you need to configure the application itself to work correctly with it:
- Naturally, at the beginning authorization is performed with existing or only registered username and password.
- Then it is necessary that the user enter their personal data into the application: name (nickname), gender, date of birth, height, weight, minimum number of steps that you plan to overcome daily.
- Immediately after entering the specified data, the bracelet binding menu will open, where you will need to select the connected device.
- After successful synchronization, Mi Fit will offer to update the bracelet firmware to the current version. During this process, you do not need to disconnect the phone or remove Mi Band from it. Immediately after the firmware, the application interface opens, which you can start using.
Using Mi Fit and Mi Band
After connecting Mi Band successfully, you can begin to study the interface of the application, which has become available to us. There are three tabs on the main screen: “Activity”, “Notifications” and “Profile”.
From the screen of this tab, you can go to several functional sections: “Statistics”, “Sleep”, “Weight”, “Achievement Bar”, etc.
In the English version, this tab is called “Status”. From this section, you can go to the statics of various actions by clicking on the circle with steps or other sections in the event bar.
This section can be accessed by clicking on the circle with the number of steps, which is located on the “Activity” tab.
Features of working with this section:
- Swipe to the left will open the statistics section for the past days;
- Pressing the “Statistics” button will open a general summary, which can be sorted by day, week and month.
Going to the “Sleep” section, the user can get the following information:
- The statistics of the sleep session for the previous night indicating the duration of all phases and moments of awakening;
- Swipe to the right will allow you to view statistics for earlier sleep sessions;
- If you click the “Statistics” button in the “Sleep” section, you can group the data by day, week, month, etc.
Once in this section, the user observes the following functional elements:
- Schedule changes in weight indicators;
- Above the chart is a list of users, which can be adjusted directly from this section (just click on the name you need to go);
- A specific weight indicator is remembered by clicking on a special button “Weight Record”;
- You can always control the indicators of body mass index, its weight, dynamics, as well as evaluate physique.
This section is a good incentive for owners of Mi Band 2, since it displays all the goals that were achieved when using the bracelet.
The main indicators are:
- Success bar in overcoming the number of steps specified at the setup stage;
- Other achievements of a different plan that you can share with your friends by posting the corresponding entries on social networks, if you click the “Share” button.
By launching the “Running” section, the user must activate GPS navigation in advance so that the device finds active satellites. As soon as the optimal number of satellites is displayed in Mi Fit (lights up in green), you can press the start button and go to a distance. During the run, basic information about the status of the runner will be displayed, and if you switch to the “Map” view, you can follow the trajectory of movement. You can stop reading information, for example, when switching to a step, by holding the “Pause” button.
Notifications Tab and How It Works
On this tab, you can configure the configuration for triggering notifications for major events, as well as configure the function of duplicating them on the bracelet.
The list of monitored notifications includes:
- Challenges The bracelet will respond to every call after a certain period of time. Also, the included blocking function eliminates calls from unfamiliar numbers.
- Alarm clock. After setting, the bracelet will wake up the owner even with a discharged phone or duplicate the signal of the phone itself, which may not be enough to remove the owner from sleep.
- Messages Works similar to a call.
- Applications Settings are made for each application installed on the phone, and notifications work by the principle of messages.
Screen Unlock Feature
Entering this settings menu, the user can:
- Set up the screen unlock process in such a way that you only have to carry out a bracelet on the phone and not make unnecessary movements on the screen or fingerprint sensor;
- Set Mi Band visibility settings for other devices.
The last tab, in fact, requires no explanation, because it is already clear that the profile contains all the information about the bracelet user and the configuration of this device.
Nevertheless, it is worth saying that in this menu you can:
- View personal information entered at the stage of setting up and connecting the bracelet to the smartphone;
- Examine the list of devices connected to the smartphone and their configuration. In the case of the Mi Band, we are talking about the ability to search for a bracelet using a phone (it makes you make sounds and blink), change the colors of LEDs, determine where the device is fixed, activate / block notifications;
- You can also view the data about the firmware of the bracelet and untie it from a specific phone;
- Below are placed the settings of the owner’s goals of the bracelet, notifications of collected statistics, other settings and services.
Other features of the bracelet
The list of useful functions of the Mi Band does not end there.
The following features are worth highlighting:
- Visual control of the achieved goals for the first version of the bracelet. Everything is quite simple: the three indicators that were described above are used in the working condition of the bracelet (not on charge) to measure the level of achievement of goals. To activate this function, you need to make a certain gesture, raise your hand and turn the bracelet to yourself, as if you are looking at the watch.
- Search bracelet. We have already talked about this function above, but you should still give specific instructions on its use. Following the path “Profile. Devices. Mi Band”, click the corresponding search button.
- Service “Friends”. Your friends and family members who own similar bracelets can become members of the same Mi Band network. Everyone will be able to follow each other’s achievements, as well as send welcome notifications to someone else’s bracelet.
What you should know about features that are not included in the description, but that play an important role:
- The device is “waterproof”, but this does not mean that you can swim in it. The bracelet can not be removed in the shower, in the rain or when washing dishes. Short-term immersion to a depth of 1 meter, the device is likely to withstand, but it is better not to risk it. Be especially wary of salt water in resorts.
- Automatically restore contact with a smartphone. Rare cases of out of sync can be caused by interference from other devices that use Bluetooth wireless technology. When disconnected, the tracker continues to try to restore communication until the next synchronization.
- Long life without recharging. The average user of Mi Band 2 can do without recharging the bracelet for about a month. This time is reduced if the device is constantly synchronized with a smartphone.
- Convenient fixing of the case in the strap. There is only a slight risk that the tracker will be squeezed out of the compartment securing it on an elastic and elastic strap. However, this situation is possible only with excessive mechanical pressure on the device.
- The real usefulness of the bracelet for the body. Naturally, the device will not remind the owner of how much you need to walk / run, sleep, eat, etc. This is only an auxiliary tool that simplifies the process of achieving optimal conditions of the body and spirit.
- It is worth mentioning the conversion curve, as a result of which you can see the “temperature” parameter, in fact, this is how the calories burned were translated.
Alternative bracelet models
As an alternative version for the reviewed Mi Band 2, we have written and for Mi Band 1s user instructions indicating the main differences of this device.
What you need to know about this bracelet:
- It still connects to the phone via Bluetooth wireless technology.
- At first use, it asks to charge it, and later requires this procedure after about a month of operation.
- For proper operation, you will need to enter your data in Mi Fit, and then, using the detailed guide presented above, connect and configure.
There are not so many differences with the newer (second) version. When considering the Mi Band 1s Pulse, the instruction to it makes it clear that this model with the Pulse prefix is aimed specifically at measuring the owner’s heart rate.
Naturally, Mi Band 2 also knows how to do this, but in this modification, the pulse analysis is performed from different angles:
- measurements are made by photoplethysmogram;
- data is displayed in 15 seconds;
- the bracelet is operated in active (with manual activation) and passive (everyday) mode (2 times per minute).
The disadvantage is that the Xiaomi Mi Band 1s Pulse fitness bracelet will not measure heart rate when the charge drops below a value of 10%.
From all of the above, it is important to understand only that in order to achieve optimal physical condition and a high level of health, it is not enough to buy a bracelet, enter your parameters and make the right settings. Regular sports, walking and a stable active lifestyle. this is what remains with the owner of the bracelet.