How to Set up a Keyboard on a Samsung Phone
In this article I will tell:
- how to set up a keyboard on Android
- disable phone vibration
- What to do if the keyboard on the Samsung smartphone is missing
- how to install a replacement for a standard keyboard (change the keyboard shell).
How to remove vibration on an Android keyboard
When you enter text on the phone, vibration is triggered. At first it is comfortable, then it begins to slowly annoy. It is also annoying that it cannot be disabled directly in the keyboard layout settings. Here is a step-by-step instruction on how to quickly turn off vibration on the Android keyboard:
- Go to Settings. General Settings. section “Language and input”.
- On the page that appears, select your keyboard
- Scroll through the list of keyboard options and uncheck the box next to “Input vibration”.
If you are using Samsung, vibration can be turned off as follows:
- Settings. General settings. section Language and input
- Screen keyboard. Samsung keyboard Feedback when clicked. Vibration
- Slide the switch “Vibration” to the left
This is how you can turn off vibration feedback on most devices with the latest versions of Android. In older versions, some settings may vary, but we assume you can easily find them.
Missing keyboard on Android (Samsung). what to do?
What should I do if the keyboard is missing on your Android (and this application is megawave for many)? You can quickly return the keyboard on Samsung and other models to their place in one of the ways.
The first way is to clear the cache.
- To do this, go to Settings. Applications. Everything.
- Find the keyboard in the list
- Clear data. Clear cache and stop application
- Reboot phone
The second way to turn on the keyboard:
- Settings Language
- Enter. Keyboard
- Input methods (Select input method): here we turn on the keyboard (put a tick)
The third way is to download another (not standard) keyboard for your phone.
There are dozens of great keyboards for tablets and smartphones on Google Play. Each of them can become a full replacement for a standard keyboard. Many of them are free to download, but require symbolic money for additions. We recommend reading our review if you want to change the keyboard on Android.
How to install a keyboard on Android
The standard Android keyboard does not suit all users. Although with each new version of the OS it improves (in ergonomics, i.e., ease of use), in terms of customization, the standard keyboard is very limited. So, you will not be able to download additional themes, change the sound of keys, choose stickers and numerous emoticons.
In order to install an additional keyboard, you need:
- Download the desired application from Google Play
- Launch the installer (this usually happens immediately after downloading)
- Run the installed application by finding it by name on the Android start screen.
- All further actions (changing the standard keyboard and activating another through the Android settings) will be described in the application window.
How to change keyboard on Android
If several alternative keyboards are installed on your tablet or smartphone and you would like to switch from the current keyboard add-in to another, there are two ways to do this.
1) You can change the keyboard on Android through the standard settings in the Android OS. To change the current keyboard, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings. General Settings. Language and input
- Default keyboard
- In the window “Keyboard selection” Select the keyboard that should be displayed when entering text. It is enough to set the switch opposite to its name.
Change keyboard on Android (Samsung Galaxy S8)
2) You can also change the shell directly through the settings of the installed Android keyboard. when you start the application. For this
- Install a new keyboard by downloading it from Google Play or another resource
- Follow the steps of the step-by-step setup wizard built into the keyboard shell (as a rule, developers provide this option)
- Accept Access Permissions
- Activate keyboard add-in