How To Scan Qr Code On Samsung Phone
3 Ways to Scan QR Code on Samsung Galaxy Smartphones
How to Scan QR Code on Samsung Galaxy and Samsung A Series? The problem is that the developers managed to hide this function in the most unobvious places, which they could not find even with the help of a search for settings. In fact, everything is not so bad and for this we do not need to install third-party applications.
Method. From a locked smartphone
- On a locked smartphone, press the Power button to turn on the screensaver.
- Now you need to call the additional toolbar. We make a swipe from the bottom of the screen to the top.
- In the panel that appears below, we are interested in the icon on the right. Click on it.
- A scanning window appears, where it is enough to select the item QR code. We direct the code so that it falls into the frame and is ready. The information will be read and displayed on the screen.
Why is there no QR code scanning app on Samsung Galaxy S6?
The Galaxy S6 is considered a budget phone under 250. This explains why this model has a stripped down functionality. To use the scan, install a special application, for example, select one of the suggested in the article.
Sometimes problems can arise when using the option in question. Let’s explore common issues.
Video: How to Scan QR Code on Samsung Galaxy A50 and A70
Method number 3. Using a camera
This is perhaps the most inconvenient way to read QR codes. Open the Camera application, select and find the Scanner icon, as shown in the screenshot below:
Now you need to take a photo of the required code in this mode. Try to select it so that it falls completely within the blue frame and take a picture. Then, in the same window, click on the thumbnail of the image in the lower left corner:
In the toolbar that appears at the bottom, click Scan QR Code and you’re done.
Sometimes this item does not appear immediately and you need to wait a little.
Method C of an unlocked smartphone
Call up the quick access panel by moving down from the center of the display. Next, on the right, select the desired icon, point to the code, read the information.
3 Ways to Scan QR Code on Samsung Galaxy and Samsung A Series
To scan a QR code on a Samsung A series and Galaxy phone, you need to use either the built-in tools or download a special scanner. To do this, you need a modern smartphone or tablet that takes clear, legible pictures. It is also possible to decrypt the information through a PC or laptop. Other gadgets do not work with this data format yet.
Is it possible to somehow expand the functionality of the built-in scanner?
The standard methods are often stripped down and provide only one function. Scanning. If you need more options, then download the program from the Play Store.
How to read a QR code with a Samsung smartphone
Mobile scanners are pretty primitive. Now we will show you how to scan a QR code with your Samsung mobile phone in three steps:
- Install suitable software on your mobile phone.
- Open the application by clicking on its icon.
- Point the camcorder at the QR code.
Scanning can be customized as you like. For Galaxy owners, the easiest way is to launch a Samsung scanner built into a standard shell. Actions are carried out in a special mode that will need to be activated. Enter the “Camera”.
Move to advanced settings. There you are interested in scanning mode.
Done. Read the data. The aLGorithm works on any Samsung.
What is required to scan a QR code on Android OS
Matrix barcodes have become part of our life. Initially, the encoding was used in the automotive industry, but then it migrated to other industries. Now QR codes are marked:
To get the required information, you need a modern smartphone equipped with a camera and SIMple software. Even with the front camera on your device, you will achieve what you want. Apps from Gamma Play, InShot Inc and YUNteam will provide invaluable help.
How to Scan QR Code on Android Samsung
How to scan a QR code on “Samsung” if you need to quickly read information? Modern Galaxy models run on Android OS, so we will consider the situation on this “OS”. The most popular way is to download special programs from the Play Market. These applications will allow digital reading, but you still need to be able to use them. Let’s get down to a detailed analysis.
Where to find QR code on Samsung phone
Most Androids are now equipped with built-in QR code software. These are SIMple programs that are directly related to the camcorder. To activate the option in the settings, press the special button.
Your phone is now ready to read and use the encoding.
How to read QR code via Samsung browser
The Samsung Internet browser can be enhanced with additional extensions. One of these extensions suits our needs. Go to the browser settings menu and activate the desired program.
The second step is to launch the scanner.
Now you know how to scan a QR code on Samsung. Similar tools are available in Xiaomi and Huawei gadgets. The latter manufacturer even bothered to read the encoding with a locked device. As for third-party applications, you need to install them from the Play Store. There are enough options. Choose the software you like and click “Install”. Then the gadget will do without your participation.
Most Popular QR Code Reader Apps:
- “QR Barcode Scanner” by Gamma Play.
- “QRcode” from YUNteam.
- “QR Code Scanner” from InShot Inc.
Working with mobile scanners is very SIMple:
Built-in Android apps
Huawei smartphones have a very convenient function of displaying several tools on the locked screen for quick opening. QR code scanner. Including.
In order to open the scanner from a locked device, you need to:
- Swipe up from the bottom of the locked screen, resulting in a tool menu at the bottom.
- Select the scanner icon from the list.
Next, we aim the camera at the QR code, wait for the tool to decode the image and see the result. However, to get complete information, you need to unlock your smartphone.
In an unlocked phone, you can find the scanner in the quick application search menu. To do this, on the main screen, we swipe down from the center of the screen and click on the scanner icon located in the search bar.
The EMUI shell also has the ability to scan a photo with a QR code. To use it, you need to go to the Gallery, select a photo with a barcode, click on the “” button and select “Scan QR Code” in the menu that appears.
Xiaomi smartphones have a Scanner application, which is located by default in the Tools folder or in the additional menu to the left of the main screen.
All you need to do is run the tool and place the code inside the scan frame. If the code is correct and the camera is well focused on the image, then the display should show all the information encrypted in the picture, which you can use at your discretion.
A feature of the Xiaomi scanner is the ability to scan any photo from the Gallery for a QR code.
Create your own QR code
You can use various tools or online generators to create your own QR code. Most popular services:
- Application “AndQR. Create QR Codes”.
- QR Code Generator Application.
Each service has its own settings and restrictions, which you should familiarize yourself with before starting work.
On Samsung devices, the scanner is a function built into the standard camera, and in order for the code to be read, you just need to point the lens at it. But if automatic recognition did not work, you need to activate a special mode. For this:
- Go to the “Camera” application.
- Go to additional settings.
- Selecting the scanner mode.
Thus, you can get information from the QR code on all modern Samsung models.
Ways to scan code
In order to pay bills and receive reliable information about certain cultural sites, you do not need to carry a special barcode scanner with you. In fact, a minimum of funds is required: a smartphone with a main or front camera and software capable of displaying data encrypted in a picture.
How to scan qr code on different models of smartphones
There are several ways to scan a QR code on an Android device: by downloading a special application through the Play Market or using the built-in OS tool for reading codes.
Now images with black squares can be found at:
A QR code is convenient because it allows you to encrypt several thousand characters in one picture. In this case, the image itself for scanning can be either a small centimeter square, or a rather large picture placed on a flat surface.
What to do if the code is not scanned
In case the smartphone does not recognize the QR code and does not want to display the information encrypted in it, you need to:
- Try to scan the code under different lighting, adjusting focus.
- Restart the reader application or reinstall it completely.
- Reboot smartphone.
It is also worth noting that programs do not read damaged and poorly printed QR codes.
QR codes are gradually being introduced into people’s everyday life, significantly improving and SIMplifying life. That is why Denso-Wave invented them. For SIMplicity and convenience in obtaining the necessary information.
As a result, we learned how to scan a QR code on Android in different ways. We hope this article was useful to you. If you still have questions, ask them in the comments. We will try to help everyone.
Even if this does not happen, some of the users on the site will definitely tell you how to get out of the situation and give good advice. You just have to bring it to life.
How to scan QR code on Android with and without programs
A QR code is analogous to an older barcode. However, unlike him, he is more secure and practical. The barcode could only indicate some information, such as, for example, the website address. QR carries much more data and allows you to include anything you want. Thanks to all of the above, many programs have appeared on Android to scan such code. In this article, we’ll just talk about how this is done.
QR Droid Code Scanner
Another application that can be found on Google Play. You can also download it via a direct link on the Google website. For now, we will consider the program itself.
This is how the QR Droid Code Scanner launch shortcut looks like. Click on it.
This application, unlike the previous one, is made in Russian and, as soon as it starts, we need to click on the button with the inscription: “STARTING WORK”.
The scanner is immediately visible, but first let’s take a look at its settings. We tap on the button located in the upper right corner.
In the main menu, there are 6 button tiles that redirect the user to the desired section. Here they are:
- Scanner. Needed directly to scan QR codes;
- History. Contains all objects scanned in the program;
- Share. Sending the result to another person or people;
- . Additional functionality, which will be discussed below;
- Tips Tricks.
All points in front of you:
So, in order to use the scanner, you need to activate it in the main menu and, hovering over the QR code, press the button “Read”.
Next, let’s look at the program settings. In the same way as in the previous case, we will show you all the screens and, as necessary, we will explain the purpose of this or that item.
Here the start screen is selected, the address for the backup is set and the language of the program interface is configured.
Next, we can install the scanning engine. One of the proprietary aLGorithms is used: Zapper or ZXing. Below you will be able to enable or disable the crosshair, set up an automatic action after scanning, and enable displaying hints or copying a link to the clipboard.
In this section, you can set up sound, turn on and off vibration. The process of recording actions in the log and interaction with the Android Wear smartwatch is also configurable.
Then we can export or import a backup or set a date.
Allow sending of anonymous data (it is better to disable it), enable verification of the security link received during scanning, or configure batch scanning. Functions like zoom or highlight are available below.
But our settings do not end there. In addition to the above functions, we have the following:
It looks like this:
- Extended slip function;
- Prohibition of some special characters;
- Activation of WEB-preview;
- Search for saved images.
The last settings screen contains such interesting features as: setting the maximum number of positions, configuring custom CSVs, shaking the smartwatch and saving duplicate positions.
In addition to the settings in the QR Droid Code Scanner menu, there is an item called “”. Consider its functionality.
There are such possibilities:
- Privileged partners. List of cooperating applications with QR Droid Code Scanner;
- Inbox. App technical support;
- Scanning from a file;
- Manual QR code entry;
- Short link creation service;
- URL crawling;
- Working with XQR codes;
- Tips and tricks;
- Program evaluation;
- Share this.
All functions are in front of you:
Consider the last, but no less functional, application on our list.
QR BARCODE SCANNER
- There is a search bar at the top of the Google Play window. This is what we will use. We activate and write the name of our application. It is not necessary to enter it completely. As soon as the object indicated in the screenshot appears in the search results, just tap on it.
- We will be redirected to the home page of the program. There is a large green button that says INSTALL. Click her.
- We are waiting for the end of the download of the application. Since it “weighs” a little less than 5 MB, the process will not take much time.
- Done. After the automatic installation is over, we can run the program right from here.
- Also on the home screen (if activated in the settings) a launch shortcut will appear.
This completes the installation of the program, and we can proceed to the overview of working with it.
In the screenshot below, you can see the programming interface. Here it is divided into 3 main tabs. There is also a settings icon made in the form of a gear. The main tab “SCAN” contains 4 main tools:
- Scan Barcode. This is the QR scanner that works through the camera;
- Manual Key-in. Function of manual data entry about the code;
- Decode from File. Decoding from a file. From here, you can open the previously downloaded QR code and read it;
- Decode from Url. Scan by link.
At the bottom there are several buttons that do not carry useful functionality. You should not pay attention to them.
Let’s consider the program settings. There are quite a few of them here. Your screens will have screenshots of different configuration areas, but we will just voice some of the most interesting points.
For example, on the first screen, you can enable or disable the sound of the program. The same can be done with vibration feedback. You can set the operating mode when the program starts running directly from the scanner, bypassing the main menu. Another important feature is the automatic copying of data to the clipboard.
As soon as we want to start scanning and launch the scanner itself, the program will request access to the necessary system resources. Naturally, it needs to be resolved. Click the button marked in the screenshot.
Next, we aim the frame of the scanner so that the horizontal strip falls directly on the QR. Try to keep your hands from shaking while staying focused. Scanning will fail without normal sharpness.
Once the code is recognized, you will see the information given in the screenshot below.
There is a thumbnail of the tracked QR code, its format, data type and date. Naturally, in the window below we will see the content. In this case, this is a link to the manufacturer’s website. There are also 2 buttons “Go to Website” and “Share”. The first will open the official website, and the second will help. As a result, the site opened. Everything works well.
In addition to scanning QR, you can also create them here. To do this, go to the third tab. We marked it in the screenshot. All data types that can be encrypted are listed as a list. The following is supported:
- Phone book contact;
- Phone number;
- Any text;
- Calendar event.
It all looks like this:
When the data type is selected and set, we just have to click the “Encode” button. In this case, we have encrypted the link.
The output is this nice code. You can immediately share it or change the color.
Let’s try to encrypt arbitrary text as well. To do this, select the desired item.
Enter the phrase in the designated field and press the “Encode” button.
The result looks great. Let’s change its color again. We press the button intended for this.
Selecting the desired shade from the palette.
And admire the received QR.
Let’s move on to the next program, which also has impressive functionality.
Some smartphones and tablets (depending on the brand) have the functionality of scanning QR codes as standard, and everything can be done without an application. We will not list them all, we will only touch on the model from Xiaomi.
- In order to read QR on such a smartphone, you first need to launch its standard camera.
- Next, tap on the “Modes” button.
- At the top right of the screen is the settings button. We tap on it.
- Find the item indicated in the screenshot and enable it.
- Now, when a QR code appears in front of the lens of your camera, it will be automatically recognized. You will see a link like this, which is shown in the screenshot below.
- A selection window will open in which you can either copy the link or open it in the browser.
Neoreader QR Barcode Scanner
This program, like others, you can download and install via Google play or via a direct link. When this is done, you can go directly to work with her.
On the first launch, we need to satisfy the access request. Click “ALLOW”.
Next, we will be notified about the main features of working with the utility. To close the advertisement, click the button circled in the picture below.
Then a window with settings will appear. Here you will be able to choose a language, indicate your country, gender and age. The two checkboxes below allow you to enable or disable the program’s access to geodata.
You can actually start scanning. Point the camera at the QR code and NeoReader QR Barcode Scanner will automatically recognize its contents.
When the sign appears, we can either get additional information about it, or open it in a browser.
You can also choose exactly the browser you want.
And here is the result. The diaper pack was recognized flawlessly and we see the official website of Libero.
We think that these three programs will be enough for any person. Choose the most convenient for you and use at your discretion. We will talk about some of the features of Chinese devices.
In order to scan and decode a QR code, you actually need an Android smartphone or tablet with an integrated camera. You will also need to install a special application.
We will not, as they say, pour water, and immediately proceed to the issue of reading QR codes. In order to do this, the top 3 third-party applications will be used, as well as standard tools. True, they are only in some phone models.
We also recommend watching the training video, which touches on the problem discussed in the article.
How to scan a QR code on an Android device?
Scanning QR codes on Android smartphones is easier than taking a photo. All you need is:
I will explain everything as SIMply as possible and give you a hands-on session. Right here without departing from the article. You can scan barcodes using the same instructions.
“My smartphone interface may differ from yours due to different theme and Android version. The differences do not affect the installation and use of the QR code scanner ”
First you need a QR code scanner. I found the easiest one. It has fewer annoying advertisements and scans just what you need. Installing it is very SIMple. It’s even easier to use.
- First, go to Google Play. And we write in the underlined red line: “qr code scanner”, or better “smart qr scanner and generator”. Click on the search icon or just the drop-down offer that suits us.
- Select “Smart QR Scanner and Generator” by pressing the green INSTALL or INSTALL button. Also a useful program is QR Droid with SIMilar functionality.
- We are waiting for the application to install and open it by clicking on the “OPEN” or “OPEN”.
- If you are logged out of Google Play, then the application icon looks like this:
- We launch the application and see the following menu. It has two items. “Scan” and “Generate”. Your version may have “Scan” and “Generate”. I clicked on the top item. In response, the program asked for permission to use the camera. I agreed.
- A window with a camera opened in front of me, as on the left. And first of all, I decided to use all the settings that I could. Bottom left. Backlight function. With it, you can normally scan a QR code at night. To the right of it is a slightly less useful function of fixing the focus of the camera.
- The third button is a list of types of QR codes that the scanner should accept. It’s better not to put anything away, but just go back.
- The next button will be a little more useful. She changes the camera. The top is the main camera. Rear. Front camera above the monitor.
- Now let’s move on to the scanning itself. You just need to open the program and hover the central frame over the QR code. You don’t need to press anything. Just point your camera at a barcode or QR. The program works automatically and instantly recognizes everything. In my case, I pointed it directly at the QR code and “yandex.Ru” was displayed for me. As I promised everything is very SIMple.
- Practice yourself. Here is the QR code I created. If you see it on another phone or computer, then just point and scan. I will explain how to make my own QR code further.
- Great, now let’s create our own. Go to the original menu and now select the “Generate” or “Generate” item. A line appears in which you need to write anything that you want to encrypt into a QR code. I entered our site. Click “Generate” or “Generate”.
- The QR code is ready! This is how you can create any QR code on Android. At the bottom there are two buttons: “Save” (SAVE) and “Share” (SHARE). Save. Saves to the gallery. Share. Allows you to send a QR code to whoever needs it.
In addition, here you can download another excellent scanning application. Barcode Scanner
How to scan a code from a saved picture?
You can also recognize a QR code from a picture on the Internet using special websites. I chose qrrd.Ru because it is the only site that loaded for me in less than 10 seconds and had a more or less pleasant interface.
How to use it? First, go to the site: qrrd.Ru or directly to qrrd.ru/read. We see the following:
The site menu is circled in green, which indicates everything that it can help you. In our case, we select “Recognize QR code”.
The next page opens with a large “Select Files” button. Click on it. After that, options appear below how to “select files”. Here you can either immediately take a photo and send. Or click on the documents and select a photo that is already on your phone. I took the last path.
Here I selected the tab with pictures, clicked on the folder where the pictures are stored on my phone and clicked on the image with the QR code, the same one that was already here in the article.
Then it’s up to the site. He automatically uploads himself a photo or picture, and then immediately recognizes and shows the result.
Done! The code is recognized and we get the result: ru-android.com. The site you are currently on.
Why would I even scan QR codes?
They may contain useful information. The likelihood of this is low, but it may be there. In addition, QR codes are often used in museums in order not to put up huge signs with a bunch of information, but SIMply use a small QR code and give everyone the opportunity to step aside and read about the exhibit on their phone. Everything is SIMple and convenient. That’s why Denso Wave invented them.
QR code is a great stock tool. For example, it may contain an encrypted code that must be shown to the seller in order to receive a discount. There are a huge number of applications. Use!
How to scan a QR code on Android. Step by step guide
As far as Android phones go, there are several ways to scan a QR code. Here are some of the best ways to scan a QR code.
How to scan a QR code on Android via a third party app
QR code history
The QR code system was invented by the Japanese company Deno Wave to track vehicles during production. At first, it was limited only to business, but later many other industries began to use it. In 2020, it is being used for commercial tracking and mobile tagging applications. There are also many free QR code generators that allow you to generate your QR code.
How to scan a QR code on a Samsung smartphone
Samsung smartphones come with Bixby Vision, which allows you to read a QR code on your smartphone. That’s how.
- Open QR code images on screen.
- Now click on the eye icon in the lower left corner of the screen.
- Select the QR Code option from the list and it will scan the QR code and then redirect you to the corresponding web page or decrypt the information on the screen.
- That’s all.
How to scan a QR code on any Android device
A QR code is a system that has been around for a long time and contains a lot of useful information in a strange pixelated frame. According to the study, over 14 million Russian-speaking users scanned their QR codes in 2011. In 2020, this number has almost tripled. If you would like to scan a QR code on your Android phone, please keep reading as we show you how.
- QR code history
- How to scan a QR code on Android. Step by step guide
- How to scan a QR code on a Samsung smartphone
- How to scan a QR code on Android with Google Lens
- How to scan a QR code on Android via a third party app
How to scan a QR code on Android with Google Lens
Android smartphones come with Google Assistant, which also includes Google Lens features. This is how you can use it to scan codes.
- Press and hold the Home button until Google Assistant launches.
- Now click on the lens icon on the left side of the microphone.
- When clicked, you can easily scan the QR code.
- Once you scan it, it will go to the corresponding web page or decrypt the information for you.
- That’s all.
This is how you can scan a QR code on your Android phone. If you have any questions, please let us know in the comments section below. Also visit our site for more helpful guides. Plus, if you liked this article, you might like our guide to the 10 best document scanning apps on Android.
Fly’s training course: Become your Android smartphone guru in 6 steps. What else is your smartphone capable of?
Nowadays, a person encounters such a form of interaction with the electronic environment as a QR code at every step. A page of a newspaper or magazine, a poster in a cinema, a plaque on an architectural monument. On all such media you can find a pattern of black and white squares in which useful information is encrypted.
And if sophisticated equipment is required for a classic barcode in the form of stripes, then you can read the QR code using a regular Android smartphone and a special application.
In our article, we will tell you what a QR code is and explain how to use a QR code scanner for Android.
QR Barcode Scanner
OS version: Android 3.0 or later
One of the most popular QR code recognition apps. Works fast, does not load the battery and processor, and at the same time downloads completely free.
If you want to try several applications for reading QR codes, we recommend not to clog the device memory with them, but to install the programs on an external SD memory card. How to do this, read the article “How to install applications to a memory card”.
QR Droid Code Scanner
OS version: Android 2.0 or later
A SIMple and easy to use fast response scanner that can read both QR codes and standard barcodes. The application recognizes codes both using the camera and through manual character input. In addition, the program decrypts the code from the picture from the phone gallery.
When reading the code, the application saves it to History. Here you can open an existing code, edit it or share it with friends.
How to use a QR code on Android
Regardless of which application you install on your smartphone, the aLGorithm of actions will be SIMilar:
- Install and run the application
- Aim the camera lens at the QR code
- Wait for the application to recognize the code
- Perform an action encrypted in the code
What is QR Code
The history of the QR code begins in 1994 in Japan. By then, it had become clear that standard product information barcodes were no longer sufficient for industry needs. It was necessary to find a way to encode the data in a small graphical code that anyone could access. The solution was found by the developers of the Denso-Wave company.
The QR code proposed by the company (from English quick response) is a two-dimensional barcode consisting of points that are recognized by the sensor, translated into binary numbers and converted according to a certain aLGorithm.
A QR code is convenient because it allows you to encrypt several thousand characters in one picture. At the same time, the size of the QR code can vary greatly from a small centimeter square to a large image that can be placed on any flat surface.
QR Code Reader
OS version: Android 4.0 or later
Completely free app without annoying ads. In low light, the program automatically turns on the flashlight, which illuminates the QR code. After scanning, either text will be displayed on the smartphone, or a button will appear to go to the site.
QR code reader apps for Android
As noted above, to read a QR code, you need a minimum of funds: a mobile phone with a rear or front camera and an application that turns the camera into a scanner.
The most popular QR code scanning apps are:
- QR Droid Code Scanner
- QR Code Reader
- QR Barcode Scanner