How To Restart Iphone From Any State
At least once, but every owner of an iPhone or any other iOS device has encountered software malfunctions when the device stops responding to touching the screen and pressing mechanical control buttons (Home and Power). What to do if iPhone freezes and refuses to obey elementary commands? In today’s manual, we will introduce you, dear readers, with 3 ways how to restart iPhone from any state.
How to restart iPhone in normal mode?
- Press and hold the iPhone off button (aka “Power”) until the large buttons “Turn off“And” Cancel “;
- Touch the iPhone screen on the left side of the red button “Turn off(Slide to power off) and, without lifting your finger from the surface of the screen, swipe the button to its right border. This gesture is called “Swipe“(From the English. Swipe. to carry on without taking). iPhone will turn off.
- Wait until the screen of the device completely turns off and briefly press the “Power” button. The Apple logo will appear on the display and the iPhone will start loading in normal mode.
Force reboot iPhone
Depending on the model, the forced reboot method will vary.
All iPhones released before iPhone 7
For iPhone 6, 6 plus, 6s, 6s plus, 5, 5S, 5C, SE, 4S and all previously released, you need to press the Home and Power button:
- Press and hold the Home and Power buttons at the same time throughout 10 Seconds (about). The iPhone display goes blank completely.
- Release both buttons. If after that the Apple logo does not appear on the screen, briefly press the power button. iPhone will start loading normally.
iPhone 7 and later
On the iPhones that were released after the iPhone 7, the Home button was made touch-sensitive. If the iOS operating system is frozen, then clicking on the sensor will not work out. For them, they made another way to emergency reboot:
- Press the power button and the volume down button at the same time. Do not release and hold for approximately 6 seconds.
- The iPhone will reboot. The Apple logo appears. Then it will load normally
The method allows you to force reboot iPhone or iPad when a software malfunction occurs. We recommend using this procedure in case of emergency, and if you can get by with the remaining 2 methods, use them. Leave this one as a last resort.
The third and last way to restart the iPhone is effective only during normal operation of the iOS device, when the touch screen responds to touch and the device performs the necessary operations, but power button is damaged or not working.
How to restart iPhone without a button?
To rule Apple mobile devices and iPhone in particular, can and without mechanical control buttons. The creators took into account, albeit a high, but still limited resource of mechanical controls in case the touch screen of your iPhone survived the control buttons, the operations for which the “mechanics” were responsible could be performed using gestures.
In order to activate full control of the iPhone by touch, you must enable the “Assist touch“. This function allows flexible control of the device using gestures and completely replaces the mechanical control buttons.
Activate Assistive Touch
- Go to Settings.The main.Universal access;
- Scroll to the end of the universal access settings page and in the “Interaction” section select paragraph “Assist touch“;
- In the next settings window, move the activation slider opposite “Assist touch“To position”Included“(Painted green). A translucent button will appear on the iPhone screen.
- Touch the iPhone touchscreen within this button (this gesture is called “Tap” (from the English “tap”)). A window with the available Assistive Touch capabilities will appear on the screen.
tutorial “How to enable Assistive Touch in iOS”. Turn off iPhone using Assistive Touch
In the framework of this instruction, we will get acquainted with the method of turning off the iOS device without using the “Power” button using the Assistive Touch function.
- “Tap” on icon menu Assist touch;
- In the menu of this function “tap“By the icon”Apparatus“, and then long tap (touch the screen of the device and do not lift your finger) by “Screen lockWait until the buttons“Switch off“And” Cancel “;
- And then everything is like when you turn off the iPhone in normal mode, do “swipe right“By the button”Switch off“. The device will turn off;
- how same him then turn on if the shutdown button is not working? Simply connect iPhone to computer using a USB cable and it will turn on in normal mode.
instruction “How to restart iPhone without a button”. A few words in conclusion
The methods described above allow you to completely turn off or restart the iPhone or iPad from any state, in normal mode, if the iPhone freezes or the power button is faulty. The latter method using the Assistive Touch function allows you to configure the control of the iOS device using gestures as flexibly as possible, with one “BUT”, the touch panel must be functional and the device should function in normal mode, the Assistive Touch does not work on the “stuck” iPhone.
If you, dear users, have any questions or difficulties in managing or adjusting the touch control of your iPhone or iPad, please contact us in the comments and we will try to help you as quickly as possible. Do you use the Assistive Touch feature And How?