How To Reset Ipad Password
Forgot iCloud password (Apple ID). How to be and what to do?
Good time! It’s just that a huge number of questions come both to e-mail and in comments to articles on the topic of a forgotten (lost, changed by someone, etc.) e-mail iCloud and password to it. To be more precise, this is an Apple ID, but this does not change the essence of the matter. In order to somehow systematize all this information, it was decided to write this article. So, if you do not remember (do not know) the password or e-mail to which your (or “someone else’s”) iPhone or iPad is registered, but you really want to activate it, then this instruction is for you!
A bit of history. With the release of the iOS 7 operating system, Apple introduced additional protection for all device owners from theft, loss, etc. Now no person can access the phone, as well as the data that is on it, if he does not know the Apple ID and password from it.
Whatever actions you take:
- Hard Reset.
- Recovery using iTunes.
- Upgrading (Upgrading or Downgrading) Firmware.
- Entering DFU mode and then trying to flash.
- Parsing into small parts and replacing certain parts of the phone.
NOTHING will help! Do not trust people who promise to “hack” it for money (most often not small!). Remember. It is impossible to delete an Apple ID without a password. Iphone or iPad are rigidly bound to the registration data and can only be unlinked:
- The direct owner of the device who owns this information.
- Apple employee.
Speaking of bindings, they come in two flavors:
- When activated, the system only asks for an Apple ID and password. Everything described below in the article will be devoted to this issue. In this case, there is hope for unlocking.
- Everything is the same, but the Lost Mode is on, in this case you will see the following inscription. This iPhone (iPad) was lost and erased (can be translated as “This iPhone was lost and all data was erased”). In the very last paragraph of the article, there are two “excellent” tips on how to proceed in this case.
So, we have the first scenario and there is no question of any loss mode, but you just forgot the password from iCloud (Apple ID) and the phone (tablet) was locked after updating the firmware or resetting the settings to the factory settings.
What to do? How do I clear the activation message? There are two ways:
- We go to the recovery page and try to do something there: indicate the mail to which the Apple ID is registered, enter an additional e-mail address, answer security questions. If you know at least something, then the chances of unlocking your iPhone increase.!
- For those who do not remember anything at all. We write (or better call) the Apple support service. Here is the link to the contact page. We describe your situation as accurately and in detail as possible. Remember, there are people sitting there and more often than not stupid! Most likely, after a short conversation, you will be asked to prove the fact that the device belongs and has always belonged to you. How? Provide a photo of the box (of course, not just packaging, but the place where the serial number is indicated), the serial number of the gadget itself, plus a purchase document (receipts). If everything is in order and Apple employees believe you, the iCloud Lock will be removed.
However, it may also happen that this does not happen. Why? The fact is that just a huge number of people began to forge purchase documents and thus deceive the company. I do not presume to judge whether this is good or bad, but the fact is that the number of unlocked devices using this method has decreased and each new application already initially causes distrust.
This means that such a situation may happen. The iPhone or iPad really belongs to you, you provided all the documents, and Apple employees refuse to remove the Activation Lock. How to be? Write to the English-language support (the last subtitle in this article will help you figure out how to do this) and tell them the whole story about how you forgot your iCloud password and want to unlock it.
If they do not help, then unfortunately, nothing remains like:
- Return the device for spare parts.
- Put on a shelf until better times.
Such is the slightly sad ending of the article, but I think that in your case everything will be “ok” and the blocking will be removed for you.
2. Reset iPad password via iTunes
It is also possible to reset the password on the iPad using the hated iTunes utility. To do this, you will need to put the iPad into recovery mode and then restore the iPad using Apple’s utility. It is important to emphasize that restoring will erase all data on iPad. You can only return them to your tablet if you have previously backed up your iPad.
Step 1. Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed on your computer. You can check for iTunes updates by going to Help → Updates. If iTunes is not installed on your computer, then you can download the latest version of the program on the official website.
Step 2. Turn off iPad.
Step 3. Press and hold the “Home” button on the iPad and connect the tablet to the computer using a USB cable.
Step 4. The iPad will be connected to the computer in recovery mode. The iTunes logo will appear on the tablet screen.
Step 5. Launch iTunes. The program will immediately notify you about the detection of iPad in recovery mode.
Step 6. In the window that opens, select “Restore” and confirm the start of the restore procedure. Important! Do not disconnect iPad from computer during recovery.
After the recovery is complete, your iPad will not have a password. You can use your tablet as usual. Ipad will ask you to perform an initial setup, where you can set up your tablet as a new one, or select the option to restore iPad from an iTunes or iCloud backup.
1. Reset iPad without password using dr.Fone
Dr.Fone is equipped with a tool to perform a full iPad reset without password. The main advantage of using the utility is that when you reset the password on the iPad, it is impossible to make a mistake and do something wrong. Thanks to this, you will not be able to aggravate the situation and turn it into a “brick” instead of unlocking the iPad.
Step 1. Download dr.Fone utility from the official website. This program allows you to reset your iPad password in one of the easiest ways.
Step 2. Connect iPad to computer using USB cable and launch dr.Fone utility.
Step 3. On the main screen of the program, select Unlock.
Step 4. In the opened window of the password reset tool on iPad, click Start. The process of connecting the utility to your iPad will begin.
Step 5. On a new screen, the utility will ask you to enter iPad into a special DFU recovery mode.
To put your iPad into DFU mode:
1. Simultaneously press and hold the Home and Power buttons for 10 seconds.
2. Release the top Power button, but continue to hold the Home button for another 10 seconds. Until the utility detects your iPad.
If you did everything correctly, your iPad will be displayed in dr.Fone window.
Step 6. Press the Download button to start downloading the latest firmware for your iPad. Firmware needed to reset iPad without password.
Step 7. When the download is complete, click the Unlock Now button in the utility window.
Step 8. In the window that opens, enter the code 000000 to confirm the start of the operation and click Unlock. Important! During the iPad password reset process, never disconnect the tablet from the computer.
Then you just have to wait until the password reset procedure on your iPad is completed. After the utility signals the end, your iPad will no longer have a password and you can start using it fully.
How to reset iPad without password? 3 most effective ways
Best ways to fix the problem.
Forgot iPad password and can’t remember? There are several reliable ways to reset iPad without password and continue using your tablet. This tutorial has covered all the most effective iPad password reset methods.
How to hard reset iPad if you forgot your password? Below we have reviewed the three most effective ways: using a quality third-party program, Apple’s iTunes utility, and using the web version of iCloud. Thus, in whatever situation you find yourself, you can find the most suitable way for yourself.
3. Reset password via Find iPhone
You can also reset your iPad password through the Find My iPhone web interface. It is important to note right away that in order to use this method, you definitely need to know the login and password of the iCloud account to which the iPad is linked. Otherwise, you will not be able to activate the tablet. It is equally important to know that this method involves deleting all data from iPad.
Step 1. Go to icloud.com and sign in to the iCloud account to which the iPad is linked.
Step 2. In the list of available applications, select “Find iPhone”.
Step 3. Select your iPad in the Find iPhone app and click Erase iPad.
Step 4. Confirm the operation.
Immediately after that, the procedure for erasing your iPad will begin. Together with all the data from the tablet, the password that you forgot will disappear. After erasing the iPad, you just need to re-configure it and, if desired, restore from the last backup to restore all data.
Rate 5 stars at the bottom of the article if you like this topic. Subscribe to us Telegram, VKontakte, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Viber, Zen, YouTube.
Changing the password for a user using the built-in Administrator account
To use this method, you will need one of the following: Live CD with the ability to download and access the computer’s file system, a recovery disk (flash drive) or a Windows 10, 8.1 or Windows 7 distribution kit. I will demonstrate the use of the latter option. That is, resetting the password using the tools Windows recovery on the installation flash drive. Important note 2018: in the latest versions of Windows 10 (1809, some in 1803), the method described below does not work, we covered up the vulnerability.
The first step is to boot from one of the specified drives. After loading and the screen for selecting the installation language appears, press the Shift F10 keys. This will bring up a command line. If nothing like this appears, you can on the installation screen, after choosing the language, select the item “System Restore” at the bottom left, then go to Troubleshooting. Advanced options. Command line.
In the command line, enter the commands in order (after entering, press Enter):
- List volume
You will see a list of partitions on your hard drive. Remember the letter of the partition (it can be determined by the size) on which Windows 10 is installed (it may not be C at the moment, when starting the command line from the installer). Enter the Exit command and press Enter. In my case, this is drive C, and I will use this letter in the commands that should be entered next:
- Move c: \ windows \ system32 \ utilman.Exe c: \ windows \ system32 \ utilman2.Exe
- Copy c: \ windows \ system32 \ cmd.Exe c: \ windows \ system32 \ utilman.Exe
- If everything went well, enter the wpeutil reboot command to reboot the computer (you can also reboot in another way). Boot from your system drive this time, not from a bootable flash drive or disk.
Note: if you did not use the installation disk, but something else, then your task, using the command line, as described above or by other means, is to make a copy of cmd.Exe in the System32 folder and rename this copy to utilman.Exe.
After loading, in the password entry window, click on the “Accessibility” icon at the bottom right. Windows 10 Command Prompt will open.
At the command prompt, type net user username new password and press Enter. If the username consists of multiple words, use quotation marks. If you don’t know the username, use the net users command to see a list of Windows 10 usernames. After changing your password, you can immediately log into your account with the new password. Below., which shows this method in detail.
Reset local account password in Windows 10 1809 and 1803
Starting with version 1803 (for previous versions, the methods are described later in the instructions), resetting the password for a local account has become easier than before. Now, when installing Windows 10, you ask three security questions that allow you to change your password at any time if you forgot it.
- After entering the password incorrectly, the item “Reset password” will appear under the input field, click it.
- Indicate answers to security questions.
- Set a new Windows 10 password and confirm it.
After that, the password will be changed and you will automatically log into the system (provided the correct answers to the questions).
The second option for resetting the Windows 10 password (with the command line already running, as described above)
To use this method, you must have Windows 10 Professional or Enterprise installed on your computer. Enter the command net user Administrator / active: yes (for the English or manual version of Windows 10, use Administrator instead of Administrator).
Either immediately after the successful execution of the command, or after restarting the computer, you will have a user choice, select the activated administrator account and log in under it without a password.
After logging in (the first logon takes some time), right-click on “Start” and select “Computer Management”. And in it. Local Users. Users.
Right-click on the username for which you want to reset the password and select the “Set password” menu item. Read the warning carefully and click “Continue”.
Then set a new password for the account. It is worth noting that this method fully works only for local Windows 10 accounts. For a Microsoft account, you must use the first method, or, if this is not possible, logging in as an administrator (as just described), create a new computer user.
Finally, if you used the second method to reset your password, I recommend returning everything to its original form. Disable the built-in administrator entry using the command line: net user Administrator / active: no
And also delete the utilman.Exe file from the System32 folder, and then rename the utilman2.Exe file to utilman.Exe (if this cannot be done inside Windows 10, then, as well as initially, you will have to go into recovery mode and perform these actions in the command line (as shown in the above) Done, now your system is in its original form, and you have access to it.
How to reset Windows 10 password
This tutorial is about how to reset a forgotten password in Windows 10, whether you’re using a Microsoft account or a local account. The process of resetting the password itself is almost the same as the ones I described for previous versions of the OS, except for a couple of minor nuances. Please note, if you know the current password, then there are easier ways: How to change Windows 10 password.
If you need this information due to the fact that the Windows 10 password that you set for some reason does not work, I recommend that you first try to enter it with Caps Lock on and off, in Russian and English layouts. This can help.
If the textual description of the steps seems complicated, there is also an instruction in the section on resetting the password of a local account, in which everything is clearly shown. See also: Windows Password Reset Flash Drives.
Reset Microsoft account password online
If you are using a Microsoft account, and a computer on which you cannot log in is connected to the Internet (or you can connect from the lock screen by clicking on the connection icon), then a simple password reset on the official website is fine. At the same time, you can follow the described steps to change the password from any other computer or even from your phone.
First of all, go to the page https://account.Live.com/resetpassword.Aspx, on which select one of the items, for example, “I forgot my password”.
After that, enter your email address (it can also be a phone number) and verification characters, and then follow the instructions to restore access to your Microsoft account.
Provided that you have access to the email or phone to which the account is linked, the process will not be complicated.
As a result, you will need to connect to the Internet on the lock screen and enter a new password.
Reset Windows 10 password without programs
To begin with, about two ways to reset Windows 10 password without third-party programs (only for local account). In both cases, you will need a bootable USB flash drive with Windows 10, not necessarily with the same version of the system that is installed on your computer.
The first method consists of the following steps:
- Boot from a bootable Windows 10 USB stick, then press ShiftF10 in the installer (Shift Fn F10 on some laptops). Command prompt will open.
- In the command line, type regedit and press Enter.
- The Registry Editor will open. In it, in the left pane, select HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, and then from the menu select “File”. “Load Hive”.
- Specify the path to the file C: \ Windows \ System32 \ config \ SYSTEM (in some cases the letter of the system drive may differ from the usual C, but the required letter can be easily identified by the contents of the drive).
- Set a name (any) for the loaded hive.
- Open the downloaded registry key (will be under the given name in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE), and in it the Setup subkey.
- On the right side of the registry editor, double-click on the CmdLine parameter and set the value to cmd.Exe
- Change the SetupType parameter to 2 in the same way.
- On the left side of the Registry Editor, select the section whose name you specified in the 5th step, then select “File”. “Unload Hive”, confirm unloading.
- Close Registry Editor, Command Prompt, Setup, and restart your computer from your hard drive.
- When the system boots, the command prompt will open automatically. In it, enter the net user command to view the list of users.
- Enter the command net user username newpassword to set a new password for the desired user. If the username contains spaces, enclose it in quotation marks. If you want to remove the password, enter two quotation marks in a row (no space between them) instead of the new password. I strongly advise against typing a password in Cyrillic.
- At a command prompt, type regedit and navigate to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ System \ Setup registry key
- Remove the value from the CmdLine parameter and set the SetupType value to 0
- Close Registry Editor and Command Prompt.
As a result, you will be taken to the login screen, and the password for the user will be changed to the one you need or deleted.
Way 1: Reset Locked iPad without Password with UkeySoft Unlocker
Why is UkeySoft Unlocker recommended first? Ukeysoft Unlocker is designed to restore factory settings when you forgot iPad password. Typically, it supports 4 passwords deletion like 4 passwords, 6 passwords, Touch ID and Face ID. Also, it comes in handy when you need to unlock Apple ID on iPhone / iPad without password. It is 100% doable if you forget iPhone / iPad / iPod touch passcode, broken screen, or can’t access your used iDevice. You can use it to bypass password from any iOS version and model.
- Reset locked iPad without password;
- Unlock 4 passcodes like 4-digit / 6-digit passcode, Touch ID and Face ID;
- Remove screen passcode when your iPad is locked, disconnected, screen broken, or outdated iOS installed;
- Unlock Apple ID on any activated iPhone, iPad and iPod touch;
- Several easy steps to remove your locked screen;
- Works for all iPhone, iPad and iPod touch models such as iPhone 11, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone X, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone SE / 6S / 6 / 5S, etc.;
- Fully compatible with the latest iOS 13;
Hot solutions. ALSO ON UkeySoft SOFTWARE
Summary If you don’t know how to reset iPad if you forgot password, check this guide to find 4 ways to reset locked iPad Pro / Air / Mini without password. “How stupid I am, I forgot my password and now my iPad is locked. How to reset locked iPad without password? “.
Looking for a way to unlock a stolen iPhone or iPad? This article will guide you on effective ways to unlock a stolen or lost iPhone without using a passcode like 4/6 digit passcode, Face ID and Touch ID.
If you forgot your Apple ID password or blocked your Apple ID for any reason, here are 7 best iPhone unlocking tools that can help you unlock Apple ID from iPhone / iPad / iPod touch without password, choose a cheap and fast, reliable iPhone unlocker for you needed.
Locked from your iPhone? In this article, we will introduce you 7 best iPhone password unlocking software to help you bypass iPhone lock screen and quickly access iPhone.
Use recovery mode to reset iPad without password
You can also reset iPad without password by putting iPad into recovery mode if you’ve never synced iPad with iTunes before.
Step 1.Connect your locked iPad to your computer via USB cable, then launch iTunes.
Step 2. When connected, force restart iPad by pressing and holding the Home button and the Sleep / Wake button at the same time until the Connect to iTunes screen appears.
Step 3. Then iTunes will automatically recognize it and display the following prompt. Just click the “Restore” button to restart your device.
When it’s complete, your data will be erased and your iPad will be accessible again without a password. You can set up and use your iPad.
Way 2: Reset Locked iPad without Password via Find My Phone
You may not know that when you forget your password, you can use Find My iPhone to erase data on your iOS device, including your locked screen. Make sure Find My iPhone is enabled, you can reset locked iPad without password.
Step 1. Sign in to your iCloud account at www.Icloud.com.
Step 2. Tap Find iPhone.
Step 3. Select the iPad you want to erase.
Step 4. Tap on “Erase iPad” to completely reset the device and remove its password, after which you may need to log in again.
Note. This method will only work if your iPad is online.
Prompt: you need to log in before you can comment.
No account yet. Please click here to register.