How to repair your iPad if it won’t turn on
What to do if the iPhone does not turn on
If your iPhone suddenly stopped turning on and responding to button presses, do not immediately panic and run headlong to the service center. Even Apple devices are not perfect and can occasionally malfunction, both for technical reasons and software. And it’s not always necessary to intervene to bring your device back to life. Like any other gadget you can reset your iPhone back to working condition on your own, there are many ways to do it.
There are many reasons the iPhone fails to turn on, and there’s simply no single method of fixing this error. The problem may be software or technical, which is much worse.
Many owners of Apple phones, when they see that the device does not want to turn on, immediately rushed to the service center. But after all the panic can be unjustified! Many of the causes of failure can often be corrected with your own hands.
Often the phone does not turn on because of an elementary “deep” battery discharge. Its charge is simply not enough even to display the brand logo. The device should simply warm up and then let it recharge for at least 15-20 minutes.
If the smartphone is frozen and does not want to respond to the power button, it should be reset. It is better to do this with the power adapter turned on, because many machines for a forced reboot require at least 40% of the battery charge, which at the moment may simply not exist.
But, unfortunately, there are situations in which you have to go to the service to turn on the phone. But about all that below.
Before parsing all the existing ways in which you can help your iPhone to turn on, it is necessary to consider the main reasons why it refuses to do so.
How to restore the iPad via iTunes
In order for all personal information to be saved, you need to take into account some nuances. So, a backup copy will be required. It should already be saved on the computer. If there is one, the recovery process itself will not take long.
If the user has not created a backup before, it can be added during the recovery process. However, it is recommended to create backups regularly, and keep them in a safe place.
Restoring the iPad using iTunes is also a great solution if the tablet does not turn on and the user cannot access the settings. Then, it will not be possible to restore the device in other ways.
First you will need a computer and the program iTunes itself. It can be installed on the PC or laptop of each operating system. Therefore, the tablet can be restored through Windows or macOS.
The user needs to download only the latest version of iTunes from the official site or update the application before restoring.
Once the program is installed on the computer, you can proceed directly to the recovery itself. To do this, you need to follow the sequence of actions:
- Connecting the tablet to the computer.
- Run the iTunes program on your computer.
- Go to “Device”. To do this, you need to click on the icon that is located in the upper left corner.
- You will see several commands that allow you to back up or restore your gadget.
- If there are no backups on your computer, you can create one. But here we should take into account the fact that a damaged system may not allow this action. This is why it is recommended that the user create regular backups and keep them in a safe place. Thus, it is necessary to tick the “This computer” command. After that it is necessary to follow the instruction that will be shown on the screen.
Once the backup is created on the computer, the user can proceed directly to the recovery of their data. In the same window you should select “Restore from copy” option. Then choose the backup you want and follow the on-screen instructions.
This instruction does not always allow to fully recover the device with all data, especially if the backup was created before the actual recovery. But the user can always reset his tablet to factory settings.
Restoring iOS with iTunes
This procedure resets all user settings to factory defaults, while deleting existing data and files. This operation helps to eliminate most software malfunctions and return the system to normal functionality.
To restore via iTunes, you need to:
- Turn on the program (the latest version is required) and connect iPad to PC via USB cable, wait until the software detects the device;
- From the Settings menu, select the “Overview” section to access general information about the device and whether it has backups;
- Since the backup involves restoring from a previously created system file, it is better to use it if you have one;
- If there is no backup, you must click on “Restore iPad” and follow the instructions of the software.
Restore via iTunes is not a reflash.
Restoring the current operating system resolves software glitches and errors,
Errors in the system
Software failure is a popular cause, but easily solved at home. Use:
Perform a hard reset by holding down the Home and Power buttons for ten seconds;
The methods are effective in all situations related to the software part of the tablets from Apple. It saves and after updating with errors, and during the operations with the file system.
The most common question, what to do if the iPad does not turn on, are asked by fans of tweakers and enhancers. Installation of such software can cause a variety of reactions of the operating system. For example:
- Ipad hangs on the apple;
- The device goes into a cyclic reboot after an update;
- Ipad goes out unexpectedly right during use.
In this case, if the screen is unresponsive, or the iPad tablet does not turn on normally, you can use one of the combinations:
- Sequentially, quickly press the volume up, down, press the power button;
- Press the volume down-up, press the side button;
- Press the buttons: side and volume down at the same time;
- Press and hold the hardware home and side buttons (the top button on some models) for more than 10 seconds.
These actions can be used to reboot the iPad and try to uninstall the app that is failing. User data, any saved photos and music are not lost. However, it is possible that after a reset, your iPad does not turn on, even if the logo on the screen normally appears.
Moisture in the device
Your iPad doesn’t turn on. The apple lights up and then goes out. What to do in this situation? If the problem is caused by moisture, you must immediately take your tablet to the nearest service center. Here it will be carefully disassembled, cleaned and dried, and then checked for performance. And do not listen to advice on self-cleaning. So you can only harm your electronic assistant. This work must be done by specialists. They can also cope with other tasks to restore the performance of tablets from Apple.
The same behavior of iPad, when the apple lights up on the screen, and then goes out, occurs with many other malfunctions. For example, if the battery is depleted.
If the screen is dark or unresponsive
If device screen is dark or unresponsive you may need to force reset. Performing this procedure does not erase the contents of the device. You can force-restart your device even if the screen is dark or unresponsive. Follow the steps below.
- On iPad models that do not have a Home button: press and quickly release the volume up button. Press and quickly release the volume down button. Then hold down the power button until the device restarts.
- On iPhone 8 and later: Press and quickly release the volume up button. Press and quickly release the volume-reduction button. Then press and hold the side button until the Apple logo appears on the display.
- On iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus and iPod touch (7th generation): press and hold down the top (or side) button and volume down button until the Apple logo is displayed.
- On iPads with the home button, iPhone 6s or earlier, and iPod touch (6th generation) or earlier: Press and hold the home button and the top (or side) button until the Apple logo is displayed.
In addition to the software problem the cause of such behavior may be hardware. In case of malfunction of the internal nodes of the tablet without the help of outside specialists can not do.
Ipad Won’t Turn ON or Charge Fixed
In general, when an apple appears on the screen, you should not worry too much, most likely, nothing critical with the tablet did not happen, and the problem can be solved independently. In extreme cases, however, such as when moisture has entered your device, it’s best to contact a service center.
As a rule, if the tablet from Apple has turned off and does not turn on, it means that there was a failure in the power system of the device. At the same time, the tablet can turn on or off by itself, periodically changing the battery level indicator. Usually with such problems it helps to replace the battery, even if the gadget was purchased very recently.
Accurately answer the question of what to do when the tablet iPad does not turn on, can only experienced professionals. Timely contact to a specialized service center will help to avoid more serious problems and unnecessary costs.
Ipad Won’t Turn On? Here is the Fix (No Data Loss)