How To Remove Viruses, Trojans, Spies Manually
It is not always possible to easily detect a computer infection, because cybercriminals take all possible measures and techniques to hide their code and hide the actions of their programs on an infected computer.
It is problematic to identify the symptoms of an infected computer, since most of the symptoms can be attributed to hardware or software conflicts, however there are several options by which it can be assumed that your computer was infected:
- Receiving the error “Internet Explorer cannot display the page” when trying to access certain websites
- Your browser (whether it’s Chrome, Opera or Safari) freezes, freezes for a while or does not respond
- Changes the home (start) page of the browser
- Blocked access to a popular security site (antivirus sites, etc.)
- You aren’t visiting the pages you were about to enter.
- You get numerous pop-up messages in the browser
- Strange, unknown toolbars at the top of the browser
- Your computer is slower than usual
- Your computer freezes for a while or
- New icons appear that you don’t know
- The computer restarts by itself, without warning
- Receiving error messages (saying that any system files are missing or corrupt
- You cannot access the control panel, task manager, registry editor, or command line
This article is an exhaustive guide with which it is possible to remove most of the malware that may be on your computer.
And if you have any of the above symptoms, it is highly recommended that you follow this guide to check and remove any infection that might have entered your computer.
How to remove viruses, ransomware, worms, Trojan horses, rootkits, keyloggers, dialers, spyware, adware, BHO objects and other malware
Some types of malware may not allow you (they will block all attempts) to run the utilities or scanners described below while the system is running in normal mode.
If this happens, we recommend that you start the computer in safe mode with loading network drivers and try to start scanning from there. But first, try to start the system normally.
STEP 1: Remove all infections from Master Boot Record with Kaspersky TDSSKiller
Some malware, protecting themselves, install a rootkit on an infected computer that boots before the operating system boots. Removing these types of rootkits will be the first step. To do this, use the TDSSKiller scanner program.
- Download the latest current version of TDSSKiller (link to description and download)
- We start the program by double-clicking on the TDSSKiller.exe file. A welcome screen will be displayed and we will need to click on “Change Settings”
- Select the item “Detect TDLFS file system” and click OK
- Next, we need to run the scan itself, for which we click “Start Scan”
- Now Kaspersky TDSSKiller will scan your PC for malware and infection.
- After the scan is completed TDSSKiller will inform you that threats have been found, or if the computer is clean, that no infections have been detected. If something is found, there will be a similar screen:
- To remove the infection, simply click on the “Continue” button and TDSSKiller will try to remove the infection.
STEP 2: Use RKill to complete any malicious process.
Rkill it is a program that stops, terminates malicious processes running on your computer, so that we can perform the next step (which is scanning and removal) without being distracted by this malware and its methods of counteracting removal.
Since this utility only terminates the virus processes, and does not delete the viruses themselves, you should not restart the computer, since all virus programs will load again and start automatically.
- Download RKill (download link). Please note the file is packed in a rar archive and is password protected (archive password: freeprotection) This was forced to do so, since Google, like some antiviruses, considers this file suspicious. But we assure you that it is safe.
Please note that we will use the renamed version of RKill so that the malware does not try to block this utility. Since it is quite popular and virus writers take into account the possibility of its use. (The link will automatically download RKill renamed iexplore.exe)
STEP 3: Remove Trojans and other malware using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware FREE
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free uses powerful technology to detect and remove all types of malware, including worms, trojans, rootkits, dialers, spyware and many others.
- Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free from the link below, then double-click on it to install it. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware download link
- When the installation begins, follow the written instructions. Do not make changes to the default settings, except for the last window, uncheck the box “Enable free trial period” and click on the “Finish” button.
- After starting, you have to wait a bit, since Ant-Malware needs to update its databases, after the update, click on the button in the lower right Scan Now, which means scan:
- The system verification process may take a long time. Get distracted by the scan time so that the scan time runs faster 8)
- At the end of the scan, the program will list all detected threats. Click on the button “Apply Actions”, which will remove all detected threats.
- After uninstallation, the program will prompt you to restart the computer. Click “No”, because we have the next step with another scanner
STEP 4: Remove Rootkits from the System Using HitmanPro
Hitmanpro this is another worthwhile security scanner that we will use to clean your computer of malware (viruses, trojans, rootkits, etc.) that have entered your system, despite all the security measures that you have taken (antivirus programs , firewalls, etc.).
- Download HitmanPro from the link below and double-click on it to start it. HitmanPro Download Link. (This link will open a new page where you can download the latest version of the scanner by the “Download” button on the left)
- After starting, follow the instructions, pressing further, until the scanning process begins. Do not touch the settings at all
- Scanning may also take a long time depending on your system. Depending on the threat, the background of the program changes from blue to red (do not be alarmed)
- At the end of the scan, you will have the entire list of detected threats, you have the opportunity for each entry to choose a further action to either delete or skip. Push button “Further”. It is worth noting that after this the program will be thought over (possibly for a long time), it will create a recovery point in case of an unexpected failure
- In the next window, we are waiting for a “surprise” offering to enter an activation code. Press the button “Activation of a free license”, which will allow you to use the program for free for 30 days. After which all our marked threats will be deleted.
STEP 5: Clean the registry from infection with RogueKiller
Malicious programs often add their Windows registry keys for their “bad deeds,” and in order to remove them we need to scan the system with RogueKiller.
- Download RougeKiller from the link below. and double click on it to start it. Download link RougeKiller. (This link will open a new page where you can download the latest version of the program by clicking the “Download” button on the left)
- After starting the program, wait a while until the automatic preparatory scan passes, then press the button “Scan”
- After scanning is completed, press the button “Delete”, to remove all detected malicious registry entries
STEP 6: Remove all adware from the computer using AdwCleaner
The AdwCleaner utility scans the system and installed browsers for the presence of adware, which is displayed to the user, advertising certain services, companies, sites, etc., and which is installed without your knowledge.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below. ATTENTION!! archive password protected freeprotection.ru Enter the password, unzip the file and double-click on the file to launch it. Download link AdwCleaner. (This link will open a new page where you can download the latest version of the program by clicking the “Download” button on the left)
- Before starting the program, you must close all open browsers, otherwise the program will not start. If you do not, she herself will ask you about it
- After starting, click “Scan”, and AdwCleaner will begin to scan your computer for adware that has been annoying as bad as viruses lately
- At the end of the scan, click on the button “Clear” and it will remove all detected adware from your computer, which has recently been annoying no worse than viruses. And most importantly, at the end of the computer will restart automatically.
After using all the programs in the instructions, you will get rid of almost any malware that could penetrate your system, despite the installed antivirus.