How to Remove Password from Phone If I Forgot
All about the Internet, networks, computers, Windows, iOS and Android
- Map of site
- The blog
How to unlock your phone if you forget your password or PIN
Human memory is the most extensive data warehouse in the world and the most unreliable. What to do if you forget your PIN and how to unlock your Android or iOS phone if you forget your password. The whole complexity of the situation lies in the fact that the device usually stores the necessary or important data and contacts, which you do not want to lose at all.
At the same time, hacking the hardware protection of modern smartphones and tablets is quite difficult.
And in some cases, on the contrary, the data is not so important, how much you need to unlock your phone in order to use it corny. I want to give some tips that any user can follow. And even if they do not help, you only have to carry the gadget to a service center.
Unlock Android Smartphone
The following recommendations are very dependent on the installed version of the operating system and on what additions the smartphone manufacturer has made to it. Nevertheless, each of them is worth a try.
On the old now, version of Android 4, unlocking a PIN or a graphic key is quite simple. After several attempts of incorrect input, you will see a link to restore access. And if you remember the password for the Google account, which is wired up on the phone, then you can easily unlock it through remote access! Here the truth is worth a reservation. The smartphone must be connected to the mobile Internet or to the WiFi network.
Another way that works on newer versions of the operating system is Android remote control. It is available here. Link. This is a very convenient and quite functional tool with which you can track your device, as well as manage it from a computer.
To unlock the phone, first select “Block” and set a new password. Then unlock and go to the device already with a new password. Profit!
Samsung smartphones and tablets have a special proprietary utility Dr.Fone. It also allows you to restore access to the phone’s operating system, reset the graphic password or lock the SIM card.
Sometimes you can unlock Android as follows:
1. At the bottom of the screen, click on “Emergency Call”.
2. Enter the symbol “” ten times
3. Double-click on the entered character string and select “Copy”.
4. Paste the copied characters at the end of the already entered sequence of stars.
5. Repeat the action. This should be done until the device has filled the entire length of the field and refuses to insert characters. The result will be a copied long-long line of stars.
6. Return to the lock screen. Open the Camera app by swiping your finger across the screen from bottom to top.
7. Open the settings by clicking on the gear icon.
8. Android will require you to enter a password. Click on the field and hold until the “Paste” command appears. Paste the copied stars in the input field.
9. Repeat the procedure until the screen is unlocked and access to the system appears again.
In the case when you need to unlock the phone to use it and the data is not important. You can reset to factory settings through the boot menu of the device.
To do this, turn off the device, hold the “rocker” of the volume control downward along with the power key. We keep them in this state until the phone boots in Recovery mode. Select the option “wipe date / factory reset”. After that, the device should reset all current parameters and settings, which will help to remove the lock via a pin code or a graphic key!
How to unlock iPhone
With Apple’s Apple phones, things are even more complicated. How to unlock the device depends on which version of iOS is installed on the iPhone. Based on this, you need to look for vulnerabilities on the Internet that can bypass the lock.
Also, sometimes this may help. Press the Home button on the smartphone’s lock screen. This way you can call Siri’s voice assistant. Ask a question. “What time is it now.” In response, the clock should appear on the screen. First touch before the clock, and then. Click the plus sign located in the upper right corner of the display. Next, you need to enter a few arbitrary letters in the input line. Select them and copy. Then double-click on the entered letters so that the context menu appears. Select the arrow and the “Share” item. Select the “Messages” option and paste the previously copied characters into the “To” line. We are waiting for a few seconds and press the “Home” button. After that, the phone should unlock. Done!
Here is another option how to unlock iPhone:
If there are no other options besides resetting to factory parameters, you can try this option. Reset iPhone can be done through the iTunes application directly from the computer to which you need to connect the phone with a cable. Of course, all data will be erased.
Hi friends! Not so long ago, I bought my wife an iPhone 7, and she is a forgetful lady and a problem arose: how to unlock iphone if you forgot your password? At this moment, I realized what the next topic of my article will be.
Despite the fact that most iPhone models have finger scanners, many out of habit continue to use digital passwords. There are also owners of phone models 4 and 4s, in which the fingerprint scanner is not built-in. Plus there is a chance of glitches on the scanner. That is why thousands of people still face the problem of a forgotten password.
1. How to unlock iPhone if you forgot your password: 6 ways
After the tenth attempt, your favorite iPhone is blocked forever. The company is trying to protect the owners of the phone as much as possible from hacking data, therefore it is rather difficult to recover the password, but there is such an opportunity. In this article, we will give you as many as six ways to unlock an iPhone if you forget your password.
1.1. Using iTunes in the previous sync
If the owner has forgotten the password on the iPhone, this method is recommended. Prudence in recovery is very important and if you are lucky to have a backup copy of the data, no problems should arise.
For this method you will need a computer that previously synchronized with the device.
1. Using a usb cable, connect the phone to the computer and wait until it appears in the list of devices.
2. Open iTunes. If at this step the phone starts asking for a password again, try connecting it to another computer or use the recovery mode. In the latter case, you will have to postpone the question of how to unlock the iPhone and restore the access password first. About it in method 4. Do not forget to check if you have the latest version of the program, if you need to update the program here. http://www.Apple.com/en/itunes/.
3. Now you need to wait, some time iTunes will synchronize the data. This process can take several hours, but it’s worth it if you need the data.
4. When iTunes indicates that synchronization is complete, select “Restore data from iTunes backup.” Using backups is the easiest thing to do if you forget your iPhone password.
5. A list of your devices (if there are several) and backups with their creation date and size will appear in the program. How much information remains on the iPhone depends on the creation date and size, changes made since the last backup will also be reset. Therefore, choose the latest backup.
If you are not lucky to have a pre-made backup copy of your phone or if you do not need the data, read the article further and choose another method.
1.2. How to unlock iPhone via iCloud
This method only works if the “Find iPhone” function is configured and activated. If you still wonder about how to reset your password on an iPhone, use any of the other five methods.
1. First of all, you need to go to the link https://www.Icloud.com/#find from any device, no matter if it is a smartphone or a computer.
2. If before that you did not enter the site and did not save the password, at this stage you need to enter data from the Apple ID profile. If you forgot your account password, go to the last section of the article on how to reset the password on an iPhone for Apple ID.
3. At the top of the screen you will see a list of “All devices”. Click on it and select the device you need, if there are several.
4. Press “Erase (device name)”, so you will erase all phone data along with its password.
5. Now the phone is available to you. You can restore it from an iTunes or iCloud backup, or reconfigure it as if it had just been purchased.
Without an Internet connection, most ways to crack a password on an iPhone will not work.
1.3. By resetting the counter of invalid attempts
If your gadget is blocked after the sixth attempt to enter a password, and you hope to remember the password, try resetting the counter of incorrect attempts.
1. Connect the phone to the computer via the usb cable and turn on iTunes. It is important that Wi-Fi or mobile Internet is turned on on your mobile.
2. Wait a while until the program “sees” the phone and select the “Devices” menu item. Then click “Sync with (the name of your iPhone).”
3. Immediately after the start of synchronization, the counter will reset to zero. You can continue to try to enter the correct password.
Do not forget that the counter cannot be reset just by rebooting the device.
1.4. Using recovery mode
This method will work even if you never synced with iTunes and didn’t connect the function to find iPhone. When using it, both the device data and its password will be deleted.
1. Connect your iPhone via usb to any computer and open iTunes.
2. After that you need to hold down two buttons simultaneously: “Sleep mode” and “Home”. Keep them long, even when the device starts to reboot. You need to wait for the recovery mode window. On the iPhone 7 and 7s, hold down two buttons: Sleep and volume down. Hold them for as long.
3. You will be prompted to restore or update the phone. Select recovery. The device may exit recovery mode, if the process drags on, then repeat all steps again 3-4 times.
4. At the end of the recovery, the password will be reset.
1.5. By installing a new firmware
This method is reliable and works for the vast majority of users, but requires the selection and download of firmware, which weighs 1-2 Gigabytes.
1. Using your computer, find and download the firmware for your iPhone model with the extension.IPSW. This extension is the same for all models. For example, almost all official firmware can be found here.
2. Enter Explorer and move the firmware file to a folder at C: \ Documents and Settings \ username that you use \ Application Data \ Apple Computer \ iTunes \ iPhone Software Updates.
3. Now connect your device to the computer via the usb cable and enter iTunes. Go to the section of your phone (if you have several devices). Each model will have a full technical name and you will easily find your own.
4. Press CTRL and Restore iPhone. You will be able to select the firmware file that you downloaded. Click on it and click “Open.”
5. Now it remains to wait. In the end, the password will be reset along with your data.
1.6. Using a special program (only after jailbreak)
1. Download the program at https://semi-restore.com/ and install it on your computer.
2. Connect the device to the computer via a usb cable, after a while the program recognizes it.
3. Open the program window and click the “SemiRestore” button. You will see the process of clearing devices from data and password in the form of a green bar. Expect the mobile might reboot.
4. When the snake “crawls” to the end, you can use the phone again.
2. How to reset password for Apple ID?
If you do not have an Apple ID account password, you will not be able to log into iTunes or iCloud and reset. All methods of how to recover the password on the iPhone will not work for you. Therefore, you will first need to reset your Apple ID password. Most often, the account identifier is your mail.
1. Go to https://appleid.Apple.com/#!Page = signin and click on the “Forgot Apple ID or Password?” button.
2. Enter your ID and click on “Continue”.
3. Now you can reset your password in four ways. If you remember the answer to the security question, select the first method, enter the answer and you will get the opportunity to enter a new password. You can also receive an email to reset your password to your primary or backup email account. If you have another Apple device, you can reset your password using it. In case you have connected a two-step verification, you will also need to enter the password that will come to your phone.
4. After you reset your password in any of these ways, you will need to update it in other Apple services.
Which method worked? Perhaps you know life hacks? Share in the comments!