How to Remove Password from Computer
The instructions describe several ways to remove the password when entering Windows 10 when you turn on the computer, as well as separately when exiting sleep mode. You can do this not only using the account settings in the control panel, but also using the registry editor, power settings (in order to disable the password request when leaving sleep), or free programs to enable automatic login, or you can simply delete the password user. All of these options are detailed below.
In order to follow the steps below and enable automatic login to Windows 10, your account must have administrator rights (usually this is the default on home computers). At the end of the article there is also a instruction, which clearly shows the first of the described methods. See also: How to set a password on Windows 10, How to reset a Windows 10 password (if you forgot it).
- How to remove password at login (disable password request) in account settings
- Automatic Windows 10 password entry using Registry Editor
- Disabling a password when exiting sleep mode Windows 10
- Logging into Windows 10 without a password using Autologon from Microsoft Sysinternals
- How to remove Windows 10 user password completely
- Additional Information
Disabling the password request when entering the user account settings
The first way to remove the password request when entering Windows 10 is very simple and does not differ from how it was done in the previous version of the OS. It will take a few simple steps.
- Press the Windows R keys (where Windows is the key with the OS logo) and type netplwiz or control userpasswords2 then click OK. Both commands will cause the same account settings window to appear.
- To enable automatic login to Windows 10 without entering a password, select the user for whom you want to remove the password request and uncheck “Require username and password.”
- Click “OK” or “Apply”, after which you will need to enter the current password and its confirmation for the selected user (which you can change by simply entering a different login). Attention: if you use a Microsoft account and the method does not work, try again, but in the upper field, instead of the username, specify the associated email address (E-mail).
If your computer is currently connected to a domain, the option “Require username and password” will not be available. However, it is possible to disable the password request using the registry editor, although this method is less secure than just described.
How to remove the password at the entrance using the registry editor Windows 10
There is another way to do the above. To use the registry editor for this, but keep in mind that in this case your password will be stored in clear text as one of the values of the Windows registry, so anyone can view it. Note: a similar method will also be discussed later, but with password encryption (using Sysinternals Autologon).
To get started, start the Windows 10 registry editor, to do this, press the Windows R keys, type regedit and press Enter.
Go to the registry key
To enable automatic logon for a domain, Microsoft account, or local Windows 10 account, follow these steps:
- Change value AutoAdminLogon (double click on this value on the right) to 1.
- Change value Defaultdomainname the domain name or the name of the local computer (can be found in the properties of “This computer”). If this value is not present, it can be created (Right-click. Create. String parameter).
- Change if necessary DefaultUserName to another login, or leave the current user.
- Create a string parameter Defaultpassword and enter the account password as the value.
After that, you can close the registry editor and restart the computer. Login to the system under the selected user should occur without asking for a username and password.
How to disable the password when exiting sleep mode
You may also need to remove the Windows 10 password request when your computer or laptop wakes up from sleep. To do this, the system provides a separate setting, which is located in (click on the notification icon) All parameters. Accounts. Login parameters. The same option can be changed using the registry editor or the local group policy editor, which will be shown later.
In the “Login required” section (on some computers or laptops this section may not be available), set it to “Never” and after that, after leaving your sleep, the computer will not ask for your password again.
There is another way to disable the password request in this scenario. Use the “Power” item in the Control Panel. To do this, in front of the scheme currently used, click “Configure the power scheme”, and in the next window. “Change advanced power settings”.
In the additional settings window, click on “Change settings that are currently unavailable”, then change the value “Require password entry upon waking up” to “No”. Apply your settings. Not on all systems in the power settings you will find such an item, if it is missing. Skip this step.
How to disable the password request when you exit sleep in the registry editor or the local group policy editor
In addition to Windows 10 settings, you can disable the password request when the system exits sleep or hibernation mode by changing the corresponding system parameters in the registry. There are two ways to do this.
For Windows 10 Pro and Enterprise, the easiest way would be to use the local group policy editor:
- Press the WinR keys and in enter gpedit.Msc
- Go to Computer Configuration. Administrative Templates. System. Power Management. Sleep Settings.
- Find the two options, “Require password when waking up from sleep mode” (one of them for battery power, the other for mains).
- Double-click on each of these options and set “Disabled”.
After applying the settings, the password will no longer be requested when exiting sleep mode.
In Windows 10, the Home Local Group Policy Editor is missing, but you can do the same with the registry editor:
- Go to the registry editor and go to the section (in the absence of these subsections, create them using the “Create”. “Section” item in the context menu when you right-click on an existing section).
- Create two DWORD values (on the right side of the registry editor) with the names ACSettingIndex and DCSettingIndex, the value of each of them is 0 (it is right after creation).
- Close the registry editor and restart the computer.
Done, no password will be asked after Windows 10 exits from sleep.
How to enable automatic login in Windows 10 using Autologon for Windows
Another easy way to disable password entry when entering Windows 10, and to do it automatically is the free program Autologon for Windows, which was previously available on the official Microsoft Sysinternals website, and now only on third-party sites (but finding the utility on the Internet is easy).
You will see information that automatic login is enabled, as well as a message that the login information is encrypted in the registry (i.E., in fact, this is the second method of this guide, but more secure). Done. The next time you restart or turn on the computer or laptop, you won’t need to enter a password.
In the future, if you need to turn on the Windows 10 password request again, run Autologon again and click the “Disable” button to disable automatic login.
How to completely remove the password of a Windows 10 user (delete password)
If you use a local account on your computer (see How to delete a Microsoft Windows 10 account and use a local account), then you can completely remove (delete) the password for your user, then you won’t have to enter it even if you lock the computer with the keys Winl. To do this, follow these steps.
There are several ways to do this, one of them and probably the easiest. Using the command line:
- Run the command line as administrator (for this you can start typing “Command line” in the search on the taskbar, and when you find the item you need, right-click on it and select the menu item “Run as administrator”.
- Use the following commands in order on the command line, pressing Enter after each of them.
- Net user (as a result of this command, you will see a list of users, including hidden system ones, under the names under which they appear in the system. Remember the spelling of your user name).
(if the username consists of more than one word, also quote it).
After the last command, the user will be deleted the password, and enter it to enter Windows 10 will not be necessary.
instruction. Additional Information
Judging by the comments, many Windows 10 users are faced with the fact that even after turning off the password request in all ways, it is sometimes requested after the computer or laptop is not used for some time. And most often the reason for this was the included splash screen with the option “Start from the login screen”.
To disable this item, press the WinR keys and enter (copy) the following into the Run window:
Press Enter. In the screen saver settings window that opens, uncheck “Start from the login screen” or disable the screen saver altogether (if the active screen saver is “Blank screen”, then this screen saver is also on, the item to disable looks like “No”).
And one more thing: in Windows 10 of the latest versions the “Dynamic Lock” function has appeared, the settings of which are located in Settings. Accounts. Login Settings.
If the function is enabled, then Windows 10 may be blocked by a password when, for example, you move away from a computer with a smartphone connected to it (or turn off Bluetooth on it).
And the last caveat: for some users, after using the first method of disabling the password for entering the system, two identical users appear on the login screen and a password is required. Usually this happens when using a Microsoft account, a possible solution is described in the instructions Two identical Windows 10 users at login.
And suddenly it will be interesting:
- Windows 10
- Router setup
- All about Windows
- Boot flash drive
- Virus treatment
- Data recovery
- Installation from a flash drive
- In contact with
Why not subscribe?
Distribution of new, sometimes interesting and useful materials from remontka.Pro. No ads and free computer assistance to subscribers from the author. Other methods of subscription (VK, Odnoklassniki, Telegram, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Yandex.Zen)
03/18/2020 at 06:49
Well done Admin! Pretty boy! All lucidly explained.
04/19/2020 at 04:03
04/27/2020 at 20:59
And what if the item where to put a check mark “Require username and password.”. No?
04/28/2020 at 15:33
Does your user have administrator rights on the computer?
04/29/2020 at 09:59
Yes, there is, I would take a screenshot, but you can’t attach it, but links are not sent.
Local Account and Administrator
05/31/2020 at 18:39
Andrey, try disabling the PIN code to enter windows and the item will appear
06/03/2020 at 19:14
Thank you so much. The first method, after three attempts, helped. Thanks again.
I am glad to welcome all readers of the blog cho-cho.Ru! Each of us is a guest, each owner of the house, like us, has a computer. And it happens that we urgently need to check either mail or personal messages in our favorite social network, but sometimes we forget to check the “Alien computer” checkbox and our password and login are stored on another computer. In this article, we will consider the removal options. Specific saved login and password when entering Vkontakte on the computer.
So, all logins are saved by the program through which we browse sites, in other words, browsers. How we will delete the information we need depends on the type of browser.
- Open the “Menu”.
- Item “Settings”. You need to open this menu in the following ways: by clicking on the gear icon in the upper right part of the browser, or by clicking on the “Edit” section.
- We are looking for the tab “AutoFill”.
- In the bookmark we find “User names and passwords.”
- Opposite the item is the “Edit” button.
- A list of sites and a list of logins will open.
- Select the desired one, click “Delete.”
- To start, open the site vk.com.
- In the authorization form (where you need to enter the login), double-click the left mouse button. A list of logins appears.
- Moving the arrows “up” or “down”, select the desired login.
- Click the delete button.
- In the menu, open the “Settings”.
- Item “Delete personal data”.
- Detailed Settings Tab.
- Click on the “Password Management” button.
- We are looking in the list of sites vk.com.
- We click, the list of logins will expand.
- Select the desired one, click on the delete button.
- Menu. “Tools” section.
- We open the category “Settings”.
- We are looking for the “Protection” tab.
- Click on the “Passwords” section.
- We are looking for the button “Saved Passwords”.
- A window with a list of sites will open. We are looking for vk.com.
- Select the username you need and click on the “Delete” button.
- We are looking for an icon with three horizontal lines in the upper right corner (“Menu”).
- Click “Settings”.
- Below we find “Show advanced settings”, click.
- We are looking for the “Passwords and Forms” section, just below “Password Management” in earlier versions of the browser, or “Configure” next to “Offer to save passwords for sites” in new versions.
- A window opens with a list of sites and logins. We select the desired site and click on the cross next to it, after that the login will be deleted.
- That’s all!
- As well as in “Chrome” we are looking for an icon with three horizontal lines.
- Click on the item “Settings”.
- At the very bottom of the page, click on “Show advanced settings.”
- We find the section “Passwords and Autocomplete”, click on “Password Management”.
- A list of all sites with saved passwords will appear, there will be a cross on the right side, when you click on it, the password will be deleted!
Now you know how to delete a saved login when entering Vkontakte, if you suddenly accidentally saved them on another computer. I wish you success and see you soon.