How To Remove Mi Account From Xiaomi Phone
The Mi-account is a hallmark of Xiaomi, and has recently become increasingly popular. Registration, as a rule, takes no more than a couple of minutes, the same can be said about deleting an account. Don’t want to use this account anymore, but don’t know how to delete Mi-account from Xiaomi phone? Let’s try to figure it out.
Below, I will divide the article into 2 blocks, depending on your situation, choose the right one.
Removing an account on Xiaomi and Redmi if there is access to it
In this case, two standard types are offered: unlinking from the account or complete deletion. These methods are fundamentally different in structure from each other:
- The first method untie the data: phone number, email address. That is, your account no longer belongs to you, but is located on the Internet. This procedure is quite simple and the most common. Password knowledge is required.
- The second method completely deletes the account, but does not immediately untie the number, which sometimes causes failures and can request a password from an already non-existent MI account. Solving this problem will not be easy without the help of Xiaomi support, so it is strongly recommended that you choose a complete removal as a last resort.
Do not forget that untied, completely deleted account and Mi Cloud cannot be restored!
Before starting the process, write down your unique ID (phone number or mail address) and password.
- Go to “Settings”, look for the subsection “MI account”.
- We open this window and at the bottom of the page we see an oblong red button “Delete”.
- We click on it, enter the password, and after a minute (if there are no problems), we receive a notification that the account has been successfully untied from this device.
The developers made a small mistake in the names, because the account was not deleted, but only untied from the smartphone. If this is enough for you, the process ends at this point.
To perform the second method, you must know the password and login, if you don’t remember something, then immediately restore all the data, and then continue from this place. Please note, this method completely deletes all data about your Mi-account from Xiaomi servers, including information stored on Mi Cloud.
- Open the official Xiaomi website in the browser.
- We are looking for the section “Login to MI account“, enter.
- After successful authorization, below we look for the “Delete” item (on an orange background).
- After that, we are thrown to the screen where you need to carefully enter the ID and PASSWORD.
- If everything is entered correctly, a page with English text opens, in which there is a list of materials that will be permanently lost upon final deletion.
- In the last line where our agreement is requested, put a checkmark, then click “Deleteaccount“.
- Everything, the operation is completed.
In some cases, you need to wait two to three days for the phone number to be completely untied. During this period, a password may constantly be required.
If you do not have access to your account
If you are wondering how to remove a Mi-account to which there is no access, then we hasten to upset you, there simply is no such method. precisely, there is, but it only works in authorized service centers, with specialists with the right tools.
After any method of clearing phone data: resetting settings, flashing, or deleting system files, the system will require a password from the linked accounts. We also draw attention to the fact that after a reset, the first time you connect your Xiaomi smartphone to the network, MIUI protection will require you to enter a password from Mi and Google accounts.