How to Remove an Application from Xiaomi Redmi Phone
The Xiaomi Redmi 4x smartphone of the Chinese company Xiaomi pleases its owners with a sophisticated design, a 5-inch display and high performance, but has a long list of pre-installed applications. In most cases, more convenient analogues of these programs are used, so the question from the owners of Xiaomi Redmi 4x how to remove Google applications arises quite often. There are two ways to do this: without root rights and with them.
Do not forget that obtaining the rights of a “superuser” can lead to a loss of warranty on the device.
The easiest and safest way is to install the special free Activity Launcher application. It contains a large number of modifiable parameters of the Android operating system, with which you can optimize your smartphone. You can find it on Google Play.
To disable the standard application, you need to start the Activity Launcher and at the top of the screen change the item “Recent Actions” to “All Actions”.
After that, go to the “Settings” section in Russian (not “Settings”)
and select “All apps” (com.android.settings.applications.ManageApplications).
A list of applications installed on the device will open, including Google services.
Once you select an application, you can disable it in the standard way, the same as in the Xiaomi Redmi menu. In this case, the program will be stopped, and its updates will be deleted. In this way, you can disable any applications.
The advantage of this method is that the program will not be deleted from the source directory, and if an error occurs, the application can be activated.
If you want to not only disable services, but also get rid of them forever, then you need to use the second method.
To completely remove system applications, Xiaomi Redmi 4 requires root privileges and an unlocked bootloader. Changing system directories can lead to loss of device functionality and the need for flashing.
On the official portal of Xiaomi, the bootloader unlock function of any device is provided. To do this, you need a Mi Account. When filling out a request, the reason for unlocking should be indicated: To install localized firmware. Within 3 days, the application will be considered.
After unlocking the bootloader, you must:
- Install MiPhoneManager and MiFlashUnlock on a PC.
- Update your phone firmware to the latest weekly.
- Link device to Mi Account. To do this, select “Device Information” in the settings and click on “MIUI Version” 7 times. the developer’s menu will be unlocked. Then, in the “Advanced” section, select “For Developer” and enable factory unlock. When you go to “Mi Unlock Status”, a window for adding an account will appear.
- Launch the MiFlashUnlock program using your Mi account.
- On the device turned off, hold the power button and reduce the sound until a hare appears (Fastboot mode). After that, connect the device to the PC and click “Unlock”.
Install TWRP for Redmi 4x:
- Install the latest TeamWin Recovery on your PC for your device.
- In Fastboot mode, connect the phone to the PC, run TWRP.bat and follow the instructions. After flashing, the device will reboot in TWRP mode.
- Go to the “Advansed” section, then “Tools” and select “Disable Verify”. If you skip this item, the device will not start, and a flashing will be required.
- Download the latest version of SuperSU to your phone.
- Go to TeamWin recovery (hold the power button and both volume buttons on the switched off smartphone).
- In the “Install” section, select SuperSU and install. The phone will reboot several times and start up with activated root-rights, and the SuperSU application will appear on the desktop.
After that, you need to install a file manager with access to system files: Root Browser, ES Explorer, File Manager by Rhythm Software, etc. Before uninstalling system programs, it is recommended that you back up the system.
Complete removal of the application:
- From the “/ system / app” directory, delete the folder of the unnecessary application with the apk and.odex files.
- From the “/ data / app” section, delete the folder with updates.
- From “/ data / data” delete the cache.
What system applications can be removed
Removing unnecessary applications on Xiaomi will save mobile Internet traffic, space and RAM. But some system utilities cannot be deleted! These include: system clocks, bootloaders, installers, drivers, interfaces, full-time backup, system storage and explorer. Most of them are indicated by Android icons.
Miui system applications that can be deleted: Chinese services (AlipayMsp, GameCenter, GuardProvider, MiShop), AntiSpam, live wallpapers (Galaxy4, HoloSpiralWallpaper, LiveWallpapers, VisualizationWallpapers), browsers, calendars, any Google applications, FM radio, players, notes , weather services (Weather, WeatherProvider). Removing them does not affect the integrity of the operating system.
After removing all unnecessary programs, it is recommended to enter the engineering menu and conduct a full test of the device. To do this, in the device settings, go to the “About phone” section and click on the “Kernel version” field 5 times.
A test menu will open, with which you can conduct a full test of the smartphone.
After passing all the tests, you should back up the system.