How to Recover Android After Reset
In a factory reset, all data is deleted from the internal memory of your phone. This photo,, music, applications. Everything that was recorded during the use of the mobile device. In this case, the sd card will remain untouched: the files on it will be saved after hard reset.
So, without thinking twice and believing that this is the fastest way to solve all the problems, you reset the phone. Is there life after a reset? Is it possible to recover data on the phone after you have made a hard reset.
Photo and recovery after hard reset
Answer. Yes, you can, but the likelihood of recovery depends on your persistence and the time elapsed after resetting Android settings. You can use the recovery method described above (by creating an image of the internal memory).
To search for photos in a connected disk image, you can use any, even free software, such as PhotoRec or Recuva (turn on the deep scan option). How to use them, see in this:
How to restore phone numbers after resetting
- If you did not configure contact synchronization before hard reset, this guide will help restore deleted contacts and phone numbers after reset.
- If contact synchronization has been enabled (for example, via Gmail), connect your Google account and wait for the contact list to synchronize.
- Check if the VCF file is on the memory card or in the phone’s internal memory.
How to restore applications
After resetting the settings, Instagram and another program are not installed. What to do to get the application installed?
Answer. Restoring applications after hard reset, as a rule, does not cause difficulties.
Some Android applications require a later version of the OS on your phone. After hard reset, you roll back the Android version to the one that was installed by the supplier. Therefore, for good, you need to download the latest firmware updates to your phone. You can do this through the settings.
To reinstall all the applications, just connect the user’s Google account. Applications will be downloaded and installed on the phone automatically. In their latest version.
What to do if after hard reset the phone does not work
- I have a HTC One V phone, and after resetting the phone stopped working. The screen turns on, the HTC logo appears and nothing else happens. What to do?
- I clicked on the reset to factory settings. Now the phone says Secure Fail: Recovery and the yellow triangle. Inside there is a black exclamation mark and again neither here nor here. The phone does not turn on for quite some time, what should I do?
Method 1. Reset the settings again. With the deletion of all data from the internal memory of the phone.
Since you do not have access to the Android OS, you can make a hard reset via hardware buttons. For this:
- Remove the battery and insert it back into the phone.
- Press and hold the volume up button
- In addition to this, press and hold the power button
After which you will enter the recovery mode to the factory settings.
Note. The hard reset execution method is different on many android devices. For details, see the manual for your smartphone.
Method 2. If repeated hard reset does not help, install an alternative. Unofficial. Firmware. We advise you to search for instructions on the forum w3bsit3-dns.com.
Account reset lost access to account
- Lost the phone. When they returned. I realized that they tried to reset the settings, but could not, because the Google Account prevented. How do I get on the phone now, given that I do not remember either the password or login?
- I accidentally reset the settings on the phone and thereby lost my Google account. I tried to restore it, but it popped up: not enough evidence. What should I do?
Answer. The problem is solved quite simply. You need to go to this Google page and answer the questions. If the account belonged to you and at the same time you had data for recovery (for example, backup Email or phone), you will be able to restore access and again “to tie” account to the mobile device.
File Name Recovery
I had a problem with the phone: if someone calls while using it, a message appears that the application “Phone” stopped. I asked on the forum and they said that you need to reset the phone. After the reset, the problem was solved, but here the music, it turns out, was in the phone’s memory. Is it possible to restore it, or at least find out what kind of music was?
Answer. You cannot restore music. Find out the names of the files. Yes, but only if they are saved in the file table. To do this, use the recovery method from internal memory, which we described in this guide. This procedure is rather complicated and time consuming.
Internet does not work when setting up the phone
- I forgot the password to unlock the phone Samsung Galaxy A3 2016. After resetting to the factory settings and after the greeting, only the search for the Wi-Fi connection is turned on, the button “Further” not functioning. What to do?
- Recently, I reset my factory settings. Everything was fine, I turned on the phone, chose the language, connected to the Internet, then went downloading “connection check”. This download is already on its second day; I don’t know what to do.
1. Try setting up your phone through another wifi network (there may be a problem with the wifi router).
2. Enable usb debugging on the phone 3. Download and install the custom Android firmware for your device (quite an unsafe method, suitable only for experienced users!)
Answers to frequently asked questions
Please ask any questions regarding recovery after Hard reset, through the feedback form. We kindly request: formulate the question in detail and preferably without errors.
There was an automatic reset to the factory settings on the tablet. Android writes: the internal memory is full, free up space.
Although Hard Reset erases user data, the phone’s memory is not completely erased unless you have specified the corresponding item in the menu.
Try manually deleting the files. This is most conveniently done through the Root Explorer file manager or the Storage Analyzer utility for Android.
I reset the factory settings to Android, but forgot to transfer phone notes to another phone. Can I restore text recordings?
If you previously stored text notes in a standard Google notebook application, recovery is unlikely: after hard reset, all application settings are deleted.
However, if you set up synchronization with Samsung Cloud, you can easily restore notes in the Samsung Notes application by re-synchronizing them with your account.
The phone was “nullified” (Samsung a5), photos ands disappeared. Is it possible to recover? I tried through your program. Did not work out.
- Where did you look for deleted data. In the internal memory or on the sd card? A factory reset erases the internal memory, so you will need utilities such as DiskDigger for Android.
- Another recovery method is to create a snapshot of the internal memory and then search for files on it. Read the instructions here.
I made a hard reset on the LG phone, after synchronizing everything. But I missed the most important thing. Notes in the Notes application.
Try the EaseUS MobiSaver program. We did not check, but the developers claim that MobiSaver can recover notes. However, it is important to note that after hard reset the internal memory is erased, and not all applications can work with it. So, frankly speaking, the chances of returning text notes after a reset are very few.
Reset to factory settings, how to recover data from the phone? I tried applications from Google Play, almost all of them require root access.
Root access (or superuser rights) give resuscitators access to the Android file system with complete control, including deleting and overwriting files. Although, in fact, recovery programs only need read access.
Even if you find an application that does not require root, the likelihood of recovery will be extremely small. Try installing KingoRoot applications (installing root in a few steps) and DiskDigger for Android should work.
After resetting the settings, the system writes that the sd card is not supported and needs to be formatted.
Most likely, hard reset in no way affected the safety of data on the memory card. If you removed the memory card while other files were being written to the phone, the sd card file table could be damaged. You need:
- Connect it to a computer or laptop through a card reader,
- Check for reading errors with the standard Windows utility.
- If the errors are fixed, the sd card should open on the phone.
- If not. Recuva or DiskDigger with Dig Deep mode should find all the files.
Read how to recover data if you reset Windows or restore your laptop to factory state. Consider where and how to search for deleted files. In one of the previous articles, we already described the “Reset Your Computer to Function” function on Windows 8 and Windows 10. And despite the fact that there are reset options available in which you can save or delete personal user files, it is often recognized that after a reset system on the computer there are no files that the user needs, only comes with time.
Selecting function “Delete everything” during the system reset, the system drive of your computer will be completely erased and personal files of the user, applications and settings will be deleted from it. Of course, you can perform a reset while saving personal files, but if important files and data are stored on the user’s computer, we recommend that you back them up.
How to recover data after a computer returns to its original state
Yes, in spite of everything, the user data can be restored after the reset of Windows 8 or 10, but until they are overwritten. As soon as you encounter such a situation, immediately stop using the computer, otherwise all lost files may be overwritten by new ones and it will be impossible to recover them.
To restore files lost as a result of a system reset, run Hetman Partition Recovery and scan the computer hard drive using the tools offered by the program.
Remember that by default, Windows 8/10 saves all documents and personal files of the user in the “Documents” folder, which is located:
C: \ Users \Username\ Documents
Images to folder:
C: \ Users \Username\ Pictures
Files downloaded from the network to the folder:
C: \ Users \Username\ Downloads
Desktop files, in the folder:
C: \ Users \Username\ Desktop
Therefore, after the scanning process of the computer’s hard drive is completed, use the program to go to the folder from which you want to restore files.
Transfer the necessary files to the Recovery list and click “Reestablish”
In a similar way using Hetman partition recovery, You can recover data after formatting the hard disk, reinstalling Windows, a malfunctioning of the operating system or hard disk, damage to the file system, from damaged or inaccessible partitions, as well as after cleaning the recycle bin or accidentally deleting files.
How to recover data after resetting the laptop system to the factory settings
If the Windows of your laptop starts to run slowly or the laptop is infected with viruses, then it is not necessary to reinstall the operating system. You can reset it to the factory settings (Factory Reset).
If you purchased a laptop with Windows already installed, then as a rule such a device is sold along with the installation disk of the operating system or there is an operating system recovery section on it, with which Factory Reset is performed. Also, in addition to the system recovery section, the manufacturer can install a tool on the laptop that is designed to reset the laptop to factory settings.
- HP: HP System Recovery or Recovery Manager
- Dell: Dell Factory Image Restore, DataSafe, Dell Backup Recovery
- Acer: Acer eRecovery or Acer Recovery Management
- Asus: ASUS Recovery Partition or AI Recovery
- Lenovo: Rescue and Recovery or ThinkVantage Recovery (for ThinkPad)
- Sony: Sony Vaio Recovery Wizard, etc.
The work of such tools is similar to the built-in in Windows, with the difference that when they are used, the system will be reset to the factory state, with all the software preinstalled by the manufacturer.
You can restore laptop data after resetting the system to the factory settings in the same way as described in the section of this article about recovering data after the computer returns to its original state. The action algorithm for the laptop will be completely similar.