How to Recover an Account on Android
How to restore Google account on Android after resetting settings? This problem is encountered by many users who have performed factory reset. When you turn on the device for the first time, the system requires you to confirm that the user is who he claims to be. To do this, you need to log in to your Google account, which was attached to the phone before resetting. But not everyone remembers the email address and even more so the password. But restoring access is easy.
How to restore Google account on Android after reset
Especially for users, Google has developed a special Recovery service that helps to restore lost account information. The program is gradually being improved, but still requires the user to specify some information.
Go to Google Account Recovery using a browser on any available device. Go to password recovery. On the page that opens, look at the options available:
- If you remember the account name, enter it. Go to the mail from your computer and reset the password.
- If there is no access to the mail, but a spare or phone number was attached to it, indicate this and follow the instructions.
- Provide the first and last name that were specified during registration in the account. The system will consider the appeal, perhaps ask additional questions.
The presented recovery option only works if you have access to Google Account Recovery.
Key Account Crawl
To gain access to your device after a factory reset, you’ll need to bypass Factory Reset Protection, developed by Google. Three methods are used for this.
This is the easiest way that is relevant on most devices:
- Wait for the FRP window to appear. Open the keyboard to enter mail, but do not enter the address, but go to the Google keyboard settings in any way possible.
- Open the advanced menu and go to the help.
- Select any part of the text, pinch it, then click on the web search icon.
- Search for settings and navigate to them on your phone.
- Open the developer section, if available. Otherwise, open the system information, then open the phone information and tap the build number 7 times, return to the previous menu and open the section for developers.
- Find the OEM unlock item in the menu and start the process. Wait 10 minutes.
- Reboot the device by holding down the power key.
- When you turn on the Factory Reset Protection page, there will be no, but the system simply offers to add a Google account, and you can skip this step.
Unlocking OEM helps to completely reset the phone to a specific account. To start working with the device, just create a new account.
This option is used if the previous one did not work. It can not be said that it is simpler, but it works more often:
- As a rule, the first thing to specify when turning on the device after factory reset is the way to connect to the network. Select Wi-Fi and add a new access point.
- Enter a random number combination in the name.
- Select and hold the text, share it.
- Among the suggested options, find Gmail and pinch it. Open your mail info, go to notifications and then app settings.
- Open the advanced menu and go to account management.
- Go to the settings, find the backup and delete the account.
Wait a minute and use a cleared phone.
If both of the previous options did not work, you will have to use third-party software. The QuickShortcutMaker program is designed to bypass Factory Protection Reset and works more reliably than its analogues:
If you have any questions. Let us know Ask a question
- Turn on your smartphone and connect to Wi-Fi.
- Get to the FRP window and enter a random character set instead of an email address.
- Highlight the text and in the pop-up window click on the support and help button.
- A window opens telling about the Google assistant. Skip it to go to navigation.
- In the menu that opens, type in the Chrome search bar to go to the browser.
- Download QuickShortcutMaker with the apk extension to install it.
- Open the additional menu and go to the downloads or go back one step and open the downloads through the navigation menu.
- Locate the file on the device and run the installation. If the system blocks the start, you must use the navigation menu to get into the device settings, open the security tab and enable the installation of software from unknown sources.
- Install and run the program.
- Find the item associated with your Google Accounts in the app.
- Click “Enter email and password” and then the “Try” button.
- In the window that opens, call up the additional menu and click on the input using a browser.
- Enter the email address and password that you have access to, or create a new account on the computer.
- Confirm your entry and restart your smartphone.
This allows you to bypass protection against reset and associate a new Google account with your phone.
How to restore a Google account on Android after resetting settings on various phones
Bypassing the system does not help to return contacts and information that has been synchronized with your Google account. You can try to restore it. The principle of action is similar, but slightly different for different phones.
If you remember the account name, go to Google Account Recovery and reset the password. Otherwise, contact a Samsung service center. You need to take the device with you and confirm the purchase of the smartphone. A check, warranty card, loan agreement. In the absence of these documents, the device cannot be unlocked.
Lenovo phones use Google recovery or account bypass to recover an account. If the data from the account was remembered, it must be added in the settings. But on some phones there is a problem: when adding an account there is no gmail item, there is only e-mail, while entering the correct data does not lead to a positive result. In this situation, you must visit the service center.
You can restore your Google account on Huawei phones only through Account Recovery. If the data provided to the system is not enough to reset the password, you must use the security bypass. The third method is recommended. Through the QuickShortcutMaker application.
BQ phones work with Google, so they also open the Factory Reset Protection window after a factory reset. If no information is saved from the account, you will need to bypass the protection. To do this, use any of the above methods. And you can also visit a specialized center, but account recovery will be paid.
On Asus devices, you can use Google Account Recovery. If there is no attached phone or additional mail, you can specify approximate dates for the creation of the account and the last authorization. The more accurate the data, the greater the chance of access. This method also works on other phones, but sometimes the system asks alternative or additional questions.
Recovering a deleted Google account from Nokia requires a phone number. In this case, the latter must be attached to the account. The username and password are sent to the user in a message or by phone call. The latter option takes significantly more time.
Huawei Honor phones completely repeat the usual Huawei with Factory Reset Protection. Account recovery is available only through Google recovery and requires the user to specify any data that he remembers. In other cases, they use protection bypass through QuickShortcutMaker.
Alcatel devices also request authorization for a Google account when they first start after a factory reset. The procedure is similar to the above phones. If the account recovery failed, it is recommended to use the bypass method through unlocking OEM.
If a user forgets the password for a Google account, he will lose access to many features and services of his Android device. Given that Android remembers the password after the first entry and does not require constant confirmation in the future, problems with its recovery arise mainly after the user completely reset the settings. In the event that access to your account is lost due to a forgotten password or reset, do not despair, because access can always be tried to be restored.
From the article you will learn
We restore access
To recover your password, you will need to use the Google Account Recovery service, which was created specifically for account recovery.
It is worth noting that Google is always engaged in the refinement and improvement of its services, so the recovery process is always quick and easy.
Important! Before using this instruction, make sure that you have a spare email address attached to your Google account at the registration stage or that you now have access to the mobile phone number that you provided.
- The first thing we do is open the page. https://www.Google.com/accounts/recovery.
- Next, in the menu that appears, select the line with the name “I do not remember the password”, then click the “Hard to Answer” button.
- At this stage, we select the recovery method using the phone and enter it in the appropriate form.
- After a few minutes, you should receive an SMS message containing a digital confirmation code.
- In a new window, you must enter this code from SMS and confirm it.
- Now we invent and enter a new password.
- Everything, the password for the account has been changed to a new one.
In the event that there is no connection to a mobile phone or that number is no longer relevant, then you can use the spare mail, which will receive a letter, with instructions for recovery. Just follow the link that will be in the letter, and follow the instructions above.
Set up account sync after recovery
After the password is changed, the account must be synchronized on the device.
- The first thing you need to go into the “Settings” of the device.
- Next, open the “Applications” item and select “Gmail” from the list.
- Having opened the application settings, it must be forced to “Stop” and “Clear the cache”, using the advising options.
- Close the settings and launch Gmail from the application menu, Google user data will be requested.
- Now it is important to create a backup copy of all data, as well as installed applications, since further actions will permanently delete them. To do this, you can use the standard capabilities of the device or special applications.
- Open the phone’s settings and go to the “Accounts and sync” submenu.
- In the list, select Google and then “Delete account”.
- After the account is deleted, it must be added to the system again, after which the settings will be completely updated.
If it is not possible to carry out the recovery yourself, this can always be done by contacting the user support service, where you can get the necessary instructions.
Important! Never use various “special” resources for recovery, because because of them the account can be permanently banned.