How to put music on call on Xiaomi
How to place a call on Xiaomi (Redmi), ringtone, music, song or flashlight
Users of Xiaomi (Redmi) smartphones can put a call, melody or song on an incoming phone call any they want. It is enough to download a music file to the phone’s memory in a known format, for example, mp3 or aac, and then manipulate the settings.
Putting your call on Xiaomi is a simple but effective operation that will not only emphasize the individuality of the owner of the phone, but also make every call pleasant and refined.
How to put a flashlight on a Xiaomi call
On Xiaomi smartphones, it is possible to turn on the flashlight blinking mode when there is an incoming phone call, this helps if you are often in a noisy environment when you cannot hear a regular song.
Enter the settings, find the item “System applications”. Click on the “Phone” program, it is responsible for the settings of everything related to calls. Now select the “Incoming calls” item. Turn on the “Flash on call” item and then exit to the main screen. Now, if someone calls you on the phone, the flashlight next to the camera will start blinking.
How to put your song or music on Xiaomi call
Download the song to the phone’s memory, or download it from the Internet, or by connecting Xiaomi to a computer via USB.
Then enter the general settings, find the item “Sound and vibration”. Select the type you want, for example I use a ringtone for an incoming call. At the top of the screen, tap on the Select a ringtone on device menu. A list of file types will appear from which to select. If you have saved a melody in mp3 format in the smartphone memory, I recommend starting a search for it in the “Audio” section, if it is not there, then switch to “Music”. If you don’t find anything there either, enter the “Explorer” mode, which will give access to the file system, there you can definitely find the downloaded call.
Mark the desired music with a tick, then click on the “Ok” icon at the bottom of the screen.
How to record calls on Xiaomi
There are situations when a phone call needs to be recorded, not necessarily due to something unpleasant, for example, a conversation with people who demand or threaten something from you. Much more often these are business negotiations, during which multiple details or nuances are discussed. It is good to have a tape so that you can listen to it several times after the conversation, so that you can be sure that you have not forgotten or missed anything.
It is possible to put automatic call recording on Xiaomi without installing third-party programs, just enable the corresponding setting. To do this, in the “System Applications” menu, select the “Phone” program. Enter the Call Recording menu. Turn on the “Record calls automatically” switch. After that, additional options will become possible, located below: write down “all numbers” or “Selected number”.
Using the music player
There are several ways to put a ringtone on Android. The simplest of these is to use a music player for this purpose. However, a third party solution will not work! You need to launch the preinstalled player, usually called “Music”.
Run the application and select the song that you want to set for the call.
Hold your finger on this song until the context menu appears.
Select “Use as ringtone” or “Put on call”.
Attention: this method may not work on newer smartphones. It all depends on the specific proprietary shell. In many of them, you can install music on a call only in other ways. the player is not suitable for these purposes.
How to put a ringtone on Android?
Now many people are switching to smartphones from regular push-button phones. Such users often do not understand the functionality of the operating system at all. Often they don’t even know how to set a ringtone. Interestingly, in the early stages of Android development, it was really very difficult, almost impossible. But now you can change the call in a couple of finger movements.
Setting a melody through the “Settings” section
This method works on the vast majority of smartphones. In order to put a song on a call, you need to do the following:
Go to “Settings”.
Go to the “Sound” section. It can also be called “Sounds and Notifications”.
Here click on the “Ringtone” item. It can also be called “Phone melody”, “Ringtone”, etc.
At this step, you may need to select an application with which to view your library. For example, you can use the file manager ES Explorer for this.
Select the song you want to use as a ringtone.
That’s all! In the same way, you can set a melody to SMS on Android. in this case, you should be interested in the item “Default notification melody”.
On modern smartphones running on more recent versions of Android, the procedure may be slightly different. For example, on Xiaomi devices (MIUI shell), you need to do the following:
In the settings, select the “Sound and vibration” section, and then click on the “Ringtone” button.
Optionally, you can choose a melody from the available ones. If you want to set a custom track, then select “All tunes”. On the page that opens, click “Select a melody on the device”.
A window will appear where you can specify the source. The most convenient way to make settings is through the explorer, but you can use another method. After that, it remains to select the desired track and click “OK”.
Please note that with this method you will set a ringtone for all incoming calls. Custom ringtones are configured separately via contacts.
Using the Contacts app
At one time, even smartphones based on Symbian allowed each contact to be assigned a specific melody. You can also do this on Android. To do this, follow these instructions:
Go to the “Contacts” section.
Select the contact you are interested in.
Here you need to click the “Change” button. It can look like a pencil or hide under the ellipsis located in the upper right corner.
Now you definitely need to click on three points. In the pop-up menu, click on “Set ringtone”.
Select the application with which you will view the list of songs stored on the device.
Select a folder with MP3 songs, and then the song itself.
Save the result by clicking on the checkmark.
On Xiaomi devices, the order will be slightly different. For example, having selected the desired contact, you do not have to switch to edit mode. It is enough to press the “Default melody” button in the same window. After that, a new window will open in which you can set up a ringtone (we have already described how to do this).
Using third-party applications
You can also use third-party utilities to change melodies. They often make the process a little more convenient. We recommend trying out Rings Extended, GO SMS Pro and RingTone Slicer FX. All of them differ in their functionality, providing more advanced options for installing ringtones.
How to set a ringtone for each contact?
You can also change the music on the ringtone for any one contact. To do this, you need to use the following tips:
- Choosing the right contact.
- Click on the button ” data”.
- Open “Ringtone by default”.
If for some reason you cannot copy the information, but you still want to change the music for a call from a specific subscriber, you need to use third-party applications:
- Download the “Ringtone Make MP3 Cut” application to your phone from Google Play.
- Opening the program.
- Allowing access to contacts.
- Allow access to files on the device.
- Allow audio recording.
- Click on the “Contacts” section.
- Choosing a contact.
- We indicate the desired melody.
That’s all. With this application you can change the music for any contacts. There is no need to transfer information from the SIM card to the internal memory of the Android phone.
How to set a ringtone?
Android phone owners can change the ringtone for all incoming calls or for a single contact. To put the desired melody on the call in the first case, you should use a simple algorithm:
- Go to phone settings.
- Select the section “Sound and vibration”.
- Click on the “Ringtone” button.
- Go to the subsection “Local music”.
- Click on the selected song.
That’s all. There will be no particular difficulties. Even a person far from modern technologies can install a new melody on a call.
How to set a ringtone?
Google claims that about 2.3 billion people use Android phones worldwide. In most cases, people quickly get used to the peculiarities of the functioning of this operating system. However, sometimes even banal actions cause a lot of problems and difficulties. For example, many do not know how to put a new ringtone and change the standard ringtone to their own music.
You can put a new song or melody on your phone in a couple of seconds. Devices running on Android OS differ from other smartphones primarily in the flexibility of settings.
How to put a song on a call on an iPhone?
How to Download Ringtone to iPhone?
Setting a ringtone on an iPhone is not an easy task and it is very strange. It would seem that a system as friendly as iOS should include a simple tool for this operation, but in reality this is not at all the case. However, there is a way out and today we will tell you how to install a song on your iPhone using just iTunes.
Update (2): On September 13, 2017, Apple released iTunes 12.7, which changed the process of making iPhone ringtones a little (easier). The instructions were supplemented taking into account the changes in iTunes 12.7.
How to Ring a Song on iPhone (iTunes 12.7 and Newer) on PC
In order to be able to create and download ringtones through iTunes, one parameter of the system settings must be changed in Windows. Go to “Start” → “Control Panel” → “Folder Options” (“Folder Options”), go to the “View” tab and uncheck the box next to “Hide extensions for registered file types”. This will be needed to rename the ringtone we are creating.
Open iTunes and select the song you want to create a ringtone from (or add a song by clicking File → Add File to Library). Listen to the song and record the start and end times of the segment you would like to hear as a ringtone. Maximum ringtone length 40 seconds.
Right-click on a song and select Song Info. Then go to the “Parameters” tab and specify the desired start and end time of the call (the sound file itself will not be cut off). After finishing the interval selection, press “OK”.
Note that after setting the marks of the beginning and end of your future ringtone, it is recommended to listen to the song and, if necessary, make changes to the length of the segment.
Right-click on the song of your choice and select File → Convert → Create AAC Version.
You will see another copy of the future ringtone, the creation of which will be accompanied by a sound notification.
Right click on the new song and select “Show in Windows Explorer”.
The selected file must be renamed to the m4r extension (iPhone ringtone format).
Connect iPhone to computer with USB cable and select smartphone in iTunes window.
In the “On My Device” column, select the “Sounds” section. Drag the ringtone you created (m4r file) to the list of ringtones available on iPhone and click “Done”.
The ringtone will immediately be available on your iPhone in Settings → Sounds. After completing the procedure, be sure to remove the start and end times of the original melody. Just uncheck the boxes that were set in point 3.
How to Ring a Song on an iPhone (iTunes 12.6 and Older)
The first step is to make certain settings. Go to “Start” → “Control Panel” → “Folder Options” (“Folder Options”), go to the “View” tab and uncheck the box next to “Hide extensions for registered file types”. This will be needed to rename the ringtone we are creating.
Open iTunes and add a song by clicking File → Add File to Library. Listen to the song and the section from it that you would like to hear as a ringtone. The maximum length of the track being played is 40 seconds.
Right-click on the song and select “Details” Go to the “Options” tab and specify the desired start and end time of the call (the sound file itself will not be cut off). After finishing the interval selection, click “OK”.
Right click on the song of your choice and select “Create AAC Version”. You will see another copy of the future ringtone.
Right click on the new song and select Show in Windows Explorer. The selected file must be renamed to the m4r extension (iPhone ringtone format).
Drag the ringtone into iTunes (or add the usual “File” → “Add file to library”). it will appear in a new category “Sounds”, which will contain all ringtones.
Synchronize iPhone with computer. After the synchronization is complete, the ringtone can be found by going to “Settings” → “Sounds” → “Ringtone”.
After completing the procedure, be sure to remove the start and end times of the original melody. Just uncheck the boxes that were set in point 3.
Updated: An alternative, much easier method to create and set iPhone ringtones.
How to Ring a Song on an iPhone on Mac (iTunes 12.7 and Newer)
Launch iTunes and select the song you want to make a ringtone from. Right click on it and select “Song Details”.
In the window that opens, select the “Options” tab, check the boxes next to the “Start” and “End” items, specify the beginning and end segment of the ringtone you are creating and click “OK”. Before performing this action, of course, it is recommended to listen to the song and write down the start and end times of the segment that will become your future ringtone in advance.
In iTunes, select the menu item “File” → “Convert” → “Create AAC Version”. Immediately after that, a new song will appear in your library, shortened to the specified segment.
Right click on the created song and select “Show in Finder”.
In the window that opens with your future ringtone, right-click on it, click “Rename” and change the file extension from m4a to m4r (iPhone ringtone format).
Connect iPhone to Mac using USB cable and select smartphone in iTunes window.
In the “On My Device” column, select the “Sounds” section. Drag the ringtone you created (m4r file) to the list of ringtones available on iPhone and click “Done”.
After that, the ringtone will be available on your iPhone in the “Settings” → “Sounds” section. After completing the procedure, be sure to remove the start and end times of the original melody. Just uncheck the boxes that were set in point 2.
How to set a ringtone to a contact on Android
To know who is calling without taking your phone out of your. set your own melody for each contact. And how to do it on stock Android, in MIUI on Xiaomi and on Huawei and Honor smartphones. this article is described.
How to put your song on a separate contact on newer versions of Android
In the latest versions of stock Android, only the location of the “Set ringtone” button has changed, and the process of installing the melody has not changed. Go to Contacts, select a subscriber and click on the dots in the upper right corner. Click on “Set ringtone” and select the application that will be used to change the ringtone. Then follow the steps described in the previous paragraph of the instructions.
How to put a ringtone on a contact on Android 5
Open “Phone” (click on the handset icon on the home screen) and go to the “Contacts” tab or immediately launch the Contacts application.
Select the required contact and click on the “Edit” button (pencil icon).
Now click on the three dots in the upper right corner and in the drop-down list of options, click “Set ringtone”.
Next, select the application with which the action will be performed. To set one of the preset ringtones to a contact, select “Multimedia Storage”, and to put your own ringtone, select an available file manager.
To listen to ringtones from the “Multimedia Storage”, click on them. And to put the one you like on the call, mark it and click “OK”.
In the file manager, navigate to the folder where the desired song is stored and click on it to set it as the contact’s ringtone.
Setting a ringtone to a specific subscriber in MIUI on Xiaomi
On the Xiaomi smartphone, go to the contact list and open the profile of the desired subscriber. Click on “Default ringtone”, which will open the page with standard audio. To play a melody, click on it, and to select it, click “OK” in the window that pops up at the bottom of the screen.
It is also available to install the track downloaded to the phone. To do this, at the very top of the list, click on the item “Select a melody on the device”. You can use the file manager or the pre-installed MIUI applications Explorer, Audio and Music. In the last two programs, mark the downloaded audio recording and click “OK” to select it.
Manual for Huawei and Honor smartphones running on EMUI
Open Contacts and select the number you want. In the subscriber’s card, click “Call melody” (initially set to “Default”).
Or click on the “Change” button, then on the contact editing page, click “Add field” and select “Call melody”.
Also, if necessary, allow the Contacts app to access photos, media and other files on your phone.
You will be taken to a page where you can select one of the preset ringtones or proceed to install a video melody or downloaded song.
To listen to a ringtone, click on it, and to set it as a contact melody, click on the “Back” button.
If you want to put a downloaded song on a call, open the “Music on device” section. Select a track and step back.
Even in EMUI 9 and newer, installation of video melodies is available. In the “Sound selection” window, click on the “Video melodies” item and select the video you want to ring. A new window will show how the video is displayed during an incoming call. If the clip is horizontal, the video will be displayed in the middle of the screen, with wide black bars at the top and bottom. Now, to set the video ringtone, click on the checkmark in the lower right corner.
On smartphones Samsung, LG, HTC, Meizu and others, on which a proprietary shell from the manufacturer is installed, the names of some menu items may differ, but setting a melody to a contact is carried out in the same way.
Home / How to / How to put a ringtone on a contact on Android: setting a ringtone
Ways to put a ringtone on a Xiaomi call
Every smartphone user sooner or later gets bored with a standard ringtone and wants to replace it. But then the question arises: “How to do it”? And when you have chosen a piece you like that you want to hear when you call on your phone, only a good instruction is missing. In this article, we will tell you how to set a ringtone Xiaomi.
What to do if the ringtone for incoming calls has disappeared?
It just so happens that sometimes contact melodies fly off on the mobile phone. However, we can assure you that this problem also has a solution. There may be several reasons:
- The most common reason is the sound of the smartphone is lowered. In order to add sound, swing the volume rocker on your device;
- Another most common cause of this problem lies in the activated “Silent” mode. To disable it you need:
- Find the “Settings” application icon on the desktop.
- Then go to the “Sound” tab.
- So we got to the point. If you have a light blue toggle switch opposite the inscription “Silent” (as in our screenshot). you have this mode enabled. Just click on it and the problem will be fixed.
However, the mode may not be enabled. Try turning it on and off immediately. If this does not help, you will have to perform other actions.
- Reboot your device. Hold the shutdown button, then click “Restart”;
- If this does not help, take it to the service. Because the last method is very complicated and will delete absolutely all data on the device. Therefore, it is better to reset to factory settings for people who are well versed in smartphones. And in the service, they may identify the real cause of the breakdown and correct it correctly.
Setting a ringtone to a specific contact
In Xiaomi phones, it is possible to put different ringtones on certain contacts. This requires:
- Enter the “Contacts” application.
- Select the contact you want to change the ringtone for.
- Go to the “Default ringtone” tab.
- You are in the system track library. To find your download. click on the big button “”.
- Select the folder with the downloaded file.
- Opening it, you will be in the list of your downloads. Note that there are many different files. Search for the media you want to set the call alert for this contact.
- Touch the mug to the right of it. It will fill with blue and you will see a check mark inside.
- Click “Ok” at the bottom of the screen.
Change your ringtone using third-party software
You can also install it through third-party programs. For example, Zedge.
- Download and install from the link https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.zedge.android.
- Open the app and click on the three horizontal lines in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Go to the “Ringtones” section.
- Select the one you want to install. There is a large selection of songs here, so we hope you find something to your liking.
- Click on the audio track you like.
- In a new window, open the menu by clicking on the white round button at the bottom of the screen.
- Then it remains only to choose where you want to install the audio file.
The application also has the ability to set live wallpapers. If you don’t like them, you can install the usual ones. It’s easy to change the notification sound, set different clocks and icons. The application is free and free to download for Xiaomi phones.
Change the melody through a standard audio player
- Download the track to your phone in mp3 or ogg format. Be sure to remember which folder you downloaded it to.
- Open the audio player.
- Select the file you downloaded.
- Run it.
- In the window that opens, select three points.
- Then you need to select the item “Set to call”.
You have installed the music you want to the signal of your smartphone. If it does not suit you, changing the ringtone will not be difficult for you now. Standard melodies can be used.
Making changes through the settings menu
You can also set a ringtone for a Xiaomi call through the “Settings” application.
- Find the “Settings” application icon on the desktop.
- Then we look for the “Sound” tab.
- In the window that opens, we find the “Ringtone” button.
- Here is a list of standard call tracks. If you want. look through them, listen to them. If you like them, feel free to install. But we need exactly our download. Therefore press the button “”.
- From the folders provided, select the one that contains the downloaded music. By default, this is the Download folder. If your audio file is not there, try searching in Music.
- When you find and click on it, you will be redirected to the list of your downloads. Choose yours. There may be more than one file, so it will take some time.
- Click on the circle on the right side of the audio file you want. It will turn blue.
- To confirm the installation. tap on the “Ok” button at the bottom of the screen.
How to set your music to alarm?
You can set your own call for an alarm clock. All smartphones have this feature. Xiaomi is no exception. This requires:
- Tap on the “Clock” application icon.
- Your alarm clocks are presented to you. Find the one on which you want to change the music. Touch it.
- Go to the “Melody” section on the screen of your smartphone.
- Select the audio file you uploaded and confirm your choice by clicking “Ok”.
The alarm volume can be easily changed. Push the rocker on board your smartphone. Three scales are presented in the curtain that opens. The upper threshold is responsible for the volume of the signal when you call your device, the middle one adjusts the volume of the player, and the lower one. the alarm clock.
How to put a ringtone on different SIM cards?
Not all users use one SIM card. Therefore, Xiaomi has the ability to choose different soundtracks for multiple SIM cards. By following the steps below, you will be able to do it:
- Go to settings.
- Go to the “Sound” tab.
- Touch the Incoming Call button.
- Move the toggle switch “Different melodies for SIM” to another position.
- In the menu that opens, you just have to select the desired audio files for your SIM cards.
- Take actions you already know.
- Open the folder and search for your track.
- Click on the circle on the right side of the audio file you need, then “Ok” at the bottom of the screen.
- Do the same for the other SIM.
If you are a novice user of smartphones and cannot independently set a melody on a mobile phone call. it does not matter! Our article will help you change the ringtone on your device effortlessly. For Xiaomi owners, putting a ringtone on a call should not be difficult. After all, this company takes care of users and makes it as easy as possible to use the device. I would like to note that you can transfer music via Bluetooth or USB. The main thing is to remember the folder where you put the file. The soundtrack should be placed in the internal memory of the phone (not on the SD card).
Setting a ringtone for an individual contact
In modern versions of Android, the procedure is performed as follows:
- Open the “Contacts” tab (not to be confused with Google Contacts!)
- We find the “card” of the person of interest.
- Tap on the “Change” button.
- Scroll down the list and click Expand.
- Enter the audio file in the Ringtone field. Usually this is set to “Default”.
- The system will offer to choose a new sound from the standard set of melodies or go to the collection of audio files on the phone.
- With standard ringtones, everything is simple. click on the melody you like and confirm your choice.
- If you want to put your music, then click on the tab “Select a melody on the device”.
- Android will show you where you can get your music from. Click on “Explorer” and select the folder where your music collection is stored.
- Select the file you like and confirm the action with the “Save” button.
In this way, you can put a melody on a contact, this also applies to the address book from third-party instant messengers.
The instruction is made on the example of Samsung Galaxy. On other Android builds, only the names will differ, the sequence of actions remains the same.
How to change the ringtone in Redmi and Xiaomi
- We go to the section with the settings and find the section “Sound and vibration”,
- Go to “Ringtone”.
- At the top of the screen there will be a button “Select a melody on the device”, click on it
- Select the desired song from the file manager or music applications.
- Put a tick in front of the desired composition
- Click on the “OK” button.
Change ringtones in the player
In addition to the settings section, changing the melody is possible in any audio player installed on your device. This also applies to the standard “Music” application. For example, you can take one of the most popular players. AIMP.
- Opening AIMP.
- Go to the playlist and find the desired song, hold your finger on the title until the context menu appears.
- In this list, we are interested in the button “Set as a ringtone”.
- If this action is performed for the first time, the screen will ask you to make changes to the Android settings. click “Allow”.
- It remains to select and set a ringtone for all incoming or for a specific contact.
The procedure takes place in several steps on any Android assembly, this also applies to older versions of the mobile operating system.
Change Ringtone on Samsung Galaxy
First, let’s see how to set a ringtone for all Android devices version 6 or higher:
- Open the section “Settings”
- we find the tab “Sounds and notifications”, alternative names of this tab. “Sounds and vibration”, “Sound”. You can also change the volume of various applications here.
- In this section you will find the item “Ringtone”.
- The system will ask whether to perform this action using the standard application (Media Storage) or select another source. We are interested in the first option, do not forget to tick “Only now”.
- A list of standard audio files appears. Before installing a ringtone, you can pre-listen to it.
- Tap on the “OK” or “Save” button to set the ringtone.
Important! If you are using a gadget with an outdated version of Android (below 8), then first you need to go to the sound profile marked as a gear. It’s also in the Sounds menu.
Honor and Huawei
- Open the standard “Settings”
- Go to the section with sounds
- Find the “Ringtone”
- The system allows you to set the sound for each SIM card
- In the section “Sound selection” you will be offered to choose standard melodies or go to the choice of your track.
- We are interested in the second option, so click on the item “Music on the device”.
- Put a tick in front of the desired audio file and exit the menu.
Samsung with Android 8 and 9
If your phone is running the latest version of Android, then the procedure is as follows:
- In the “Settings” select “Sounds and vibration”
- Open the Ringtone item
- By clicking on “Multimedia Storage”, you will be prompted to “Add ringtone”
- We tap on this inscription, after which the system opens the file manager.
- Find the desired music for the call and mark it.
- Now this song will appear in the list of standard ringtones.
Setting a ringtone for a call and a contact: instructions for Android
Android OS allows you to change almost all parameters, including the ringtone. The user can set any audio file (song, ringtone) that is present on the device to the call. The system also allows you to put melodies on separate contacts.
This article provides step-by-step instructions for different versions of Android, and also describes how to resolve errors that may appear when you try to change the ringtone.
Possible errors when setting the melody
On Android forums, there are threads where users ask why the ringtone is not installed.
- First of all, it is worth checking whether a given composition is played in a regular player on a smartphone.
- Perhaps the file itself is damaged, hence the error when choosing a ringtone.
- The main format is mp3, all devices support it. Others, for example, Lossless, cannot be called.
In rare cases, there are malfunctions in the system applications that are responsible for choosing a ringtone for calls. In this case, a full system reset will help.