How to Put Music on Android
- The Internet
- Communication and communication
- Tools and Utilities
- Best Games Collections
- Tower defense
- Arcade / action
- Racing / Simulation
- Games for children
- Logic / Puzzles
- Live wallpaper
- Android News
- Site news
- Company News
- News digests
- Site Questions
- Tips and instructions for “iron”
- Skip to content
How to set ringtone in Android
In today’s article, I will tell you how to install your own ringtone for your Android device in just a couple of steps. To do this is as simple as setting your own ringtone to an SMS message. You can do this in several ways: using the built-in player, through the file manager and through the device’s standard settings. At the same time, despite the fact that the OS versions and launchers on different devices may differ, the way to set your own ringtone or SMS on Android is almost always the same, regardless of the firmware, shell or custom launcher.
The first way: Setting the ringtone via the built-in player
We go into the music player. Usually it is called “Music” or “Player”, in the case of custom firmware it can be a third-party player, which is the main one. In CyanogenMod, for example, the Apollo player is used, and in EMUI. Player of own development.
We find a list of all the songs stored on the device, and select the song that we want to set on the call. Next, you need to long press on the desired song (or through a menu in the player) to call up the context menu and select “Put on call”, or “Set as Signal” or “Use as ringtone”, etc. After that, we choose which signal we want to set the melody for, if the program offers it. Done!
The second way: Setting the melody through the device settings
So, the first thing you need to go to the “Settings”. This can be done both from the sliding curtain and through the main menu of the device. Next, go to the “Sound” item and look for the “Ringtone”, “Ringtone” tab, or any other variations. If the smartphone works with two SIM cards, then you will need to select the melody change point of the desired sim.
Here you can select any of the built-in melodies, as well as music files that you have thrown into a folder with common sounds.
To select an arbitrary file on the memory card, click on the item ” ringtones” or “Music on device” or similar. The system will offer you to select the application through which a new ringtone will be selected (usually a list of the players available on the smartphone or a file manager appears), or immediately build a list of melodies found on the memory card. We find the track and select the melody for your call.
The third way: Installing music on a call through the file manager
This method is provided for owners of devices with old versions of the OS, since in new versions of Android this function was made systematic. Go to the menu of our device and open the file manager. In almost all cases, it is called “Files,” “File Manager,” or “My Files.” If you wish, you can use a third-party file manager. For example, ASTRO File Manager or ES file manager — most of them support this functionality.
We go into the folder with the music, select the track we are interested in and click on it, holding it for a few seconds we will see an additional menu in which it is necessary to select the item “Use as a signal” or similar in meaning. In the absence of this item, you must click on the ellipsis, which opens an extended list of features.
On a note
Even now there are devices in which it is possible to select ringtones for a call or SMS only from standard ringtones. But this is not such a big problem, everything is solved by installing on your smartphone one old and proven application. Rings Extended.
The sequence of actions does not change, except that an additional item, Rings Extended, appears in the list of ringtone selection methods. We click it, and then we already select the melody in any way available to the application. Through the file manager, from the multimedia player, etc.
Android devices provide you with extensive customization options, setting ringtones and ringtones for calls, events, SMS messages and an alarm clock. Not an exception. First you have to download and download the ringtone to your phone.
Setting a melody through the music player
- Go to the preinstalled music player.
instruction. Set ringtone through phone settings
- Click on the settings icon.
- Enter the Sound and Vibration section.
- Depending on whether you want to change the melody for SMS or call, click on: “Incoming SMS” and “Ringtone”, respectively.
- Next, click on “Select ringtone on the device”
- Click on Audio
- Select a song to set on the call.
- Press “OK” and check if the melody has changed during an incoming call.
instruction. Set ringtone to contact
- Get in touch.
- Click on the contact you want to set your ringtone for.
- Click on “Default Ringtone”
- Select the desired track.
instruction. Setting the ringtone through the file manager
Many file managers support the function of setting ringtones for calls, for example, in ASTRO File Manager, you just need to find the song file, make a long press and select “Set as ringtone”.
Install ringtones on an SD card
You can store ringtones on the SD card, but for this you will have to create the appropriate folders for each type of ringtones. Create the following folders in the root of the SD card and drop the ringtones there:
The ringtones set in this way will be available from the “Settings”. “Audio profiles / Sound profiles / Sound and alerts”, select where to change the ringtone and select it in the list that appears.
Set your ringtones
And if you are a particularly experienced user and Root is received on your device, you can drop your tunes into the system section: system. Media. Audio
Ringtone trimming and setting them for a specific contact
The application allows you to cut the ringtone in 2 clicks and allows you to set different ones for specific contacts.
Change the melody of the alarm
To change ringtoneand go to the settings and find the “Alarm” or “Clock” item in the old firmware versions, click “Select alarm ringtone” and select from the list. To put your melody on the alarm throw it in sd / media / audio / alarms / and it will appear in the list of available.
Change ringtone for SMS and Alerts
Go to the settings and find the “Sound” item there, in the menu that appears you can configure the sound profile in detail, as well as change the ringtones for sound alerts and SMS. To make your ringtones appear on the list, drop them into sd / media / audio / notifications /
Android OS allows you to change almost all the parameters, this also applies to the ringtone. The user can set any audio file (song, ringtone) that is present on the device to the call. The system also allows you to put melodies on separate contacts.
This material describes step-by-step instructions for different versions of Android, and also describes the solution to errors that may appear when trying to change a ringtone.
Change ringtone on Samsung Galaxy
First, let’s see how to put a ringtone for all Android devices version 6 or higher:
- We open the section “Settings”
- We find the “Sounds and notifications” tab, alternative names for this tab are “Sounds and vibration”, “Sound”. Here you can also change the volume of various applications.
- In this section you will find the item “Ringtone”.
- The system will ask whether to perform this action using the standard application (Media Storage) or select a different source. We are interested in the first option, do not forget to check the box “Only now.”
- A list of standard audio files appears. Before setting a melody for a call, you can pre-listen to it.
- Tap on the OK button or “Save”to put a ringtone.
Important! If you use a gadget with an older version of Android (below 8), then first you need to go to the sound profile, marked as a gear. It is also in the sounds menu.
How to change the ringtone in Redmi and Xiaomi
- We go into the settings section and find the “Sound and vibration” section,
- Go to the “Ringtone”.
- At the top of the screen there will be a button “Select ringtone on the device”, click on it
- Select the desired song from the file manager or music applications.
- Put a tick in front of the desired composition
- Click on the “OK” button.
Honor and Huawei
- Open the standard “Settings”
- Go to the section with sounds
- Find the “Ringtone”
- The system allows you to set the sound for each SIM card
- In the “Sound Selection” section, you will be prompted to select standard tunes or go to the selection of your track.
- We are interested in the second option, so click on the item “Music on the device”.
- We put a checkmark in front of the desired audio file and exit the menu.
Samsung with Android 8 and 9
If your phone has the latest version of Android, then the procedure is as follows:
- In the “Settings” select “Sounds and vibration”
- Open the item Ringtone
- By clicking on “Media Storage”, you will be prompted to “Add Ringtone”
- Tap on this inscription, after which the system opens the file manager.
- We find the necessary music for the call and mark it.
- Now this composition will appear in the list of standard ringtones.
Set a ringtone for an individual contact
In modern versions of Android, the procedure is performed as follows:
- Open the “Contacts” tab (not to be confused with Google Contacts!)
- We find the “card” of the person of interest.
- Tap on the “Change” button.
- Scroll down and click “Expand”.
- In the Ringtone field, specify the audio file. Typically, the default setting is specified here.
- The system will offer you to choose a new sound from the standard set of tunes or go to the collection of audio files on the phone.
- With standard ringtones, everything is simple. Click on the melody you like and confirm your choice.
- If you want to put your music, then click on the tab “Select ringtone on your device.”
- Android will show you where to get music from. Click on “Explorer” and select the folder where your music collection is stored.
- Select the file you like and confirm the action with the “Save” button.
In this way, you can put the melody on the contact, this also applies to the address book from third-party messengers.
The instruction is made on the example of Samsung Galaxy. On other Android builds, only the names will differ, the sequence of actions remains the same.
Change the ringtones in the player
In addition to the settings section, changing the melody is possible in any audio player installed on your device. This also applies to the standard application “Music”. For example, you can take one of the most popular players. AIMP.
- Open AIMP.
- We go into the playlist and find the desired composition, hold your finger on the name until the context menu appears.
- In this list we are interested in the button “Set as ringtone”.
- If this action is performed for the first time, a screen will ask you to make changes to the Android settings. Click “Allow”.
- It remains to choose and set the ringtone to all incoming or to a specific contact.
The procedure takes several steps on any Android assembly, this also applies to older versions of the mobile operating system.
Possible errors when setting the melody
On Android forums, there are topics where users ask why the ringtone is not set.
- First of all, it is worth checking whether the specified composition is reproduced in a regular player on a smartphone.
- Perhaps the file itself is corrupted, hence the error in choosing a ringtone.
- The main format is mp3, all devices support it. Others, for example, Lossless, cannot be put on a call.
In rare cases, there are malfunctions in the system applications responsible for choosing a ringtone for calls. In this case, a complete reset of the system will help.