How to Properly Stick Glass on a Smartphone
This article will tell you in detail about how to stick a protective glass on the phone.
Protective glass is a necessary accessory, even for the budget smartphone, as many users confirm that in many cases the protective glass saved their device from replacing the touchscreen. At the same time, most smartphone manufacturers are already completing devices with a protective glass.
But, most of all users are interested in the question of how to properly attach a protective glass to the phone. You will learn about this below.
What is safety glass?
Safety glass is nothing more than glass made from controlled chemicals and heat treatments to increase its viscosity.
How is the process of making protective glass?
The manufacture of protective glass is as follows:
- During manufacture, the glass first heats up at a very high temperature. After sufficient heating, the glass is cooled by special equipment. Thus, the glass surface becomes 20 times stronger in comparison with its initial state, and such glass can be used to protect the screen of a smartphone.
Which protective glass to choose for a smartphone?
A common question asked by most smartphone users is why it is important to choose the best quality protective film for your device. Well, the main reason is related to its durability and strength.
Why install a protective glass on a smartphone and is it necessary?
If we talk about whether it is worth sticking a protective glass on the phone or not, then let’s say that after installing the protective glass on your smartphone, you no longer have to worry about breakage or scratches on your screen.
In addition, a protective glass can protect your phone from bumps in the event of an accidental fall, thereby protecting your display. In the event of a serious fall, the protective glass may be partially or completely damaged (depending on the strength of the fall), and the smartphone screen will remain intact.
How to stick a protective glass on a smartphone: step by step instructions. 1. Prepare the workplace and smartphone
The first and most important step in this procedure is to unpack the kit with a protective glass. First, you need to remove microfiber cloth and an alcohol wipe from the bag.
Figure 1. Prepare the phone and remove the contents of the protective glass kit.
2. Remove dust, fingerprints from the display
This is an important step, because if you do not clean the screen of your device, then in the future there will be particles of dust, dirt and traces of your fingerprints on the screen. You can use an alcohol wipe for this.
3. Remove the protective layer from the protective glass.
After cleaning the screen of your device, you need to get a protective glass from the kit. On one side of the protective glass there is a film layer. You need to remove this layer to open the adhesive side of the glass.
4. Install the protective glass to the smartphone screen
In order for the protective glass to be installed evenly, you need to pay attention to the lower and upper parts of the device. After calibration and alignment, place the protective glass on the screen with your palm to fix it.
How to remove the protective glass from the phone?
In order to remove the protective glass from the phone, just pull on one edge of the glass. In no case do not make sudden movements, otherwise the protective glass may crack.
In addition, after removing the protective glass, it is best to stick something to the phone, otherwise the adhesive properties will be lost. This should be done if in the future you again glue this glass on the phone.
We hope that this guide has helped you install a protective glass on your smartphone.
If you have any questions, you can ask them in the comments section. For a clear example of installing a protective glass, we offer to view the instruction.
A detailed guide for those who want to make their device virtually invulnerable.
What are the pros and cons of safety glass
The protective glass is several times harder than the most durable film, and therefore saves the device not only from scratches. According to manufacturers, it is able to withstand even a blow with a hammer. We do not recommend conducting such experiments. But we can say: when it falls, it is most likely that the glued glass will break, and not the device’s screen.
However, such protection does not affect the sensitivity of the sensor and the brightness of the image.
However, glass is more expensive than film. And you can pick it up only for relatively popular models of smartphones and tablets.
What kind of safety glasses are
The technology of protective accessories does not stand still and develops along with smartphones. Now on the market there are glasses with high-quality oleophobic coating, rounded edges, as well as frames repeating the design of gadgets. Conventionally, all types of protection can be divided into three categories:
- 2D. Ordinary glass with straight ends that do not reach the screen border by about 1 millimeter;
- 2,5D. Such options have small smooth chamfers around the perimeter, which are combined with the curves of the body;
- 3D. Special glass with curved edges for smartphones with a screen that goes to the side faces.
How to stick a protective glass. Step 1. Prepare the room
If the dust gets under the glass, you will have to live with the bubbles on the screen of the gadget or try to remove them. To avoid this, do a wet cleaning in the room or at least ventilate the room with a clean rag, preferably with detergent, wipe the table where you are going to glue the protection, wash your hands.
Another option: carry out all the manipulations in the bathroom. In this case, the procedure is as follows:
- Turn on hot water for a few minutes, or rather take a shower.
- The resulting vapor will bind all the dust, it will settle on the floor, and the room will become almost sterile.
- Lay a towel and sprinkle it with water from a spray bottle for accuracy.
Step 2. Prepare the tools
In addition to the device and protective glass, you will need:
- Display cleaning fluid, antistatic agent or regular alcohol.
- Microfiber cloth.
- Stationery tape.
- Plastic card or scraper.
Step 3. Try and align the protective glass.
It is necessary to ensure that all openings and cutouts match perfectly. It is done like this:
- Attach the protection to the smartphone with the right side.
- Try so that all the clearances along the contour are the same.
- Glue two or three strips of adhesive tape 3-4 cm long on the glass at one of the side faces.
- Attach the loose ends of the adhesive tape to the back of the smartphone.
- It should be something like a drop-down book.
Step 4. Degrease the surface of the screen.
This will remove dirt and stains that can ruin the whole result. Proceed as follows:
- Use the special wet towel provided or spray the screen with liquid to clean the displays, antistatic or alcohol.
- Wipe thoroughly to remove any remaining glue from the old film and other possible contaminants.
- Wipe the screen dry with a microfiber cloth.
Step 5. Make sure there is no dust.
To be sure to play it safe and collect any dust particles from the screen surface, use the special sticker from the kit, a strip of adhesive tape or electrical tape. Just stick and peel them across the entire display area.
Step 6. Stick the protective glass
Compared to previous ones, the final step is the easiest. Here is what you need to do:
- Lift the glass so that it stands upright.
- Carefully remove the lower protective layer from it.
- Quickly lower the glass onto the smartphone. Due to the fasteners from the strips of adhesive tape, it will lie perfectly.
- Smooth air bubbles from the center to the edges with a tissue or card.
- Remove the mounting tape from the glass and rear panel.
Protection for your favorite gadget is one of the most important and difficult tasks. It is difficult to pick up protection because of the abundance of offers with different characteristics and degrees of protection. Among the options to improve the security of phones stands out such a product as a protective glass, which eliminates most of the negative effects of shock, scratches or friction. Over, you can stick a protective glass on the phone yourself, without skills and special tools.
Pros and cons of safety glass
The determination of positive factors for choosing glass on the phone will be carried out in the form of a comparison with the same film. In this case, the following positive aspects will be highlighted:
- Resistance to blows. Even having missed the gadget with the display down, with a high degree of probability, the touchscreen will remain intact, and only the protective glass on the smartphone will be damaged if it is glued correctly. Manufacturers claim that some models can withstand even hammer blows. However, such experiments are not recommended.
- Scratch resistant. To wear a smartphone with keys, if the film provides protection, it means damage, chips and scratches. If you use high-quality protective glass on a gadget. A similar problem is eliminated with a 99% probability. However, the same keys can leave scratches on the device case or damage other parts of it.
- Duration of protection. If you stick tempered glass at home and follow the recommendations, you can create effective protection for many years. Such screens do not peel off on their own, and also retain transparency, color reproduction and tactile sensitivity of the sensor.
- Ease of installation. An adhesive is applied to one side of the protective screen, which provides a snug fit and turns the structure into a monolith. Over, the protective glass sticker on the phone will not leave stains, traces of glue or other negative factors that would reduce the visual display of information or the quality of the transmitted colors. This is achieved due to the unique composition of the adhesive on the glass surface.
Even such a reliable security method for smartphones has several drawbacks. Of course, the disadvantages will not be so significant in comparison with the advantages, but for some users they will be important:
- Cost. In comparison, with the same film, the price for glass on the phone screen will be an order of magnitude higher. If you have decided to entrust the sticker to professionals. Be prepared for another cost item.
- Increase in size. Albeit slightly, but your smartphone will become more massive. Yes, the thickness of the protective glass does not reach a millimeter, but even the thinnest phone will make it a little thicker.
- Precision and difficulty mounting. For some users, properly gluing the protective glass is a significant problem. Even one wrong move will spoil the costly protection without ensuring the safety of the smartphone.
You can also leave comments yourself at the end of the article, indicating not only examples from your own experience, but also asking questions to which you will receive an exhaustive answer. Remember that just a couple of lines or repost in the social. Networks will help you solve problems not with anonymized information, but with the facts of real people who have already tested similar products.
How to glue a protective glass on the phone: detailed instructions
Before you stick the glass on the phone, you will need to perform a number of preparatory measures. Actions to consolidate protection are divided into five stages.
Prepare the room
The preparation of the premises will include the disposal of dust, debris and even moisture. In this case, we are talking about wet cleaning in the room itself and thoroughly wiping the table. And also do not forget to wash your hands and wipe them with a towel. The smallest hair, a speck of dust or a drop of greasy sweat can lead to a deterioration in the aesthetic qualities of the device.
Prepare the tools
In order to stick a protective glass on xiaomi or any other smartphone you will need two types of wipes, a scraper (you can replace it with a plastic card), adhesive tape, scissors and the directly selected protective glass. All these details should be at hand, but not interfere with the sequence of actions.
Degrease the surface of the screen. Stick glass
Try to glue the protective glass on the iPhone as accurately as possible. Remove the protective film and hold the glass directly above the device. All edges should match, and the holes exactly match the button and speaker. In order to stick the glass on the iPhone, you do not need to level it or press hard. A light touch on the center of the screen will be enough. Immediately check that the sticker passes without bubbles and any remaining lint between the glass and the display.
Remove Missing Dust
They should be removed by carefully lifting the glass edge with a scraper or a plastic card. And to stick correctly without bubbles and villi means to make it completely invisible. If it has not been possible to carry out such a procedure yourself the first time. By lifting the glass from the edge, remove dust particles or hair with adhesive tape, jerking it sharply.
Features stickers on some phone models
The main feature of each individual product will be its size and the presence of openings for function keys. As an example, you can actually study the features that have a protective glass on an iPhone, for example, a product such as the Zool iPhone 5 0.1mm 9H.
Such glasses are inherent in such features as exact matching to the size of the smartphone, the presence of a special coating for comfortable control of the device and enhanced protective properties in conjunction with an ultra-thin design. However, as with other products, it is unlikely that it will be possible to remove the protective glass and put it in place a second time.
Remember that you glue the protective glass on the iphone for increased security, not aesthetics or functionality. Carefully align all edges and holes before applying the screen to the device.
Safety Glass Tips
Stopping at this type of security, you should know that all the glasses are tempered, but endowed with various properties. Two types of protective screens stand out. With a glossy and matte finish.
In the first case, protection from scratches will be minimal, since the screen itself can easily get minor damage. This type of glass is glued as an effective counter to drops and shocks, preventing damage to the touchscreen.
Frosted protective glass on the iphone or other types of gadgets will have a higher degree of protection, up to anti-reflective coating. The negative side of such a purchase will be the high price, especially if you buy a product of a well-known brand.
Safety glass is an opportunity to increase the security and safety of your smartphone. You set up a protection that you can’t quickly change, like the same case or constantly drop your gadget without worrying about bumps and possible scratches.
Strong and reliable glass must be glued correctly and as accurately as possible. Subsequently, glue the protective glass on the phone, if it has peeled off. It is unrealistic. The adhesive used in such products cannot be replaced with superglue, you only ruin the display. If the protective glass on the phone comes off, it is better to remove it to avoid damage or debris that could damage the touchscreen between the screen and the display.
We will be grateful if you supplement our article with your own experience with specific phone models. Protect your smartphone, and he will answer you with constant functionality and help in any situation.
For those who find it easier to once visualize the information on the, look at an example of a protective glass sticker using small strips of adhesive tape for accuracy. This method will also be relevant, but not suitable for all phone models.