How to Open Zip File On Phone
On the one hand, archives can seriously save memory (because a compressed file takes up less space), their transfer over the Internet is accelerated (where every megabyte is counted), but on the other. often they encounter some problems. The fact is that it is far from always possible to open an archive on Android (a lot depends on the version of the system, on which conductor is built into it).
Well, since the number of files in archives is simply huge (many books, documents, etc. everything goes in a compressed form). then the problem is very relevant. In this article I will give several ways how you can open popular archive formats on Android and work with them. I think many will be very helpful note.
By the way, if you want to run the Android emulator program on your computer (in which you can install applications for the phone). I recommend that you familiarize yourself with this: https://ocomp.info/emulyatoryi-android-dlya-pc.html
Open archives on Android. Method 1: using the built-in conductor
In the modern version of Android (as a rule (possibly with the exception of some Chinese devices)) built-in multi-function conductor. It allows you to view and work with popular archive formats as with ordinary directories: open and extract files from them.
To check the operation of your explorer: first open a list of all applications and find among them “Conductor” (as a rule, there is no shortcut to it on the first screen). See screen below.
Next, go to the section “Files” and find your archive in it from the phone or SD card memory directories (depending on where you copied it). For example, my archive was in a folder “Documents”. If you select a specific archive. a menu should appear with a choice “Open / extract” archive. See screen below, format archive was opened “ZIP”.
In general, everything is simple and fast. The only moment: if you have a lot of archives and you often work with them. then this method may not be very convenient (below I will consider a couple of alternative options).
If you have books and various documents in the archives (DOC, PDF, DJVU format). then they can also be viewed using specials. reading programs. Talked about them in this article: https://ocomp.info/chtenie-elektronnyih-knig.html
Method 2: using special. applications. Archivers. Zarchiver
ZArchiver. main application window
Multifunctional free application for working with archives. I will note a large “omnivorous” program: allows you to work with dozens of archive formats. You can also say a couple of compliments to a fairly simple and convenient interface. Below I will indicate the most basic features.
- allows you to open and view archives of the formats: 7z, 7-zip, zip, rar, rar5, bzip2, gzip, xz, iso, tar, arj, cab, lzh, lha, lzma, and others;
- allows you to create archives: 7z, 7-zip, zip, bzip2, bz2, gzip, gz, XZ, tar;
- the ability to work with password-protected archives;
- the ability to add and delete some individual files from archives;
- Support for multi-volume archives 7z and rar;
- the ability to open attached archives to letters (convenient, since many have e-mail enabled on their phone);
- support for UTF-8 encoding (this means that you should not have problems with Russian characters. no more cracking!).
Screens from the developer of the RAR application
Another quite popular archiver for both computer and mobile gadgets. It allows you to work with all popular archive files (see the features for details), supports encrypted archives, password-protected, etc. In general, a rather multifunctional product that will help you out more than once!
- the ability to unpack formats: RAR, 7Z, ZIP, TAR, GZ, BZ2, XZ, ISO, ARJ;
- the ability to pack files into archives: RAR and ZIP;
- intuitive interface (by the way, the archive icons stand out well from the rest of the files);
- support for Russian characters;
- the ability to work with password-protected and encrypted archives;
- support for multiple processor cores (i.e. the archive will be created / deleted faster (with the appropriate CPU);
- the ability to install APK files directly from archives (convenient for those who download large archives with games, editors, etc.).
Alternative conductors. ES Explorer
ES Explorer. work with archives
One of the most functional conductors, which allows you to completely replace many of the built-in applications in Android. For example, you can use it to view photos, documents, listen to music, opens. Over 300 million downloads worldwide! It is considered one of the best products in its segment.
- full support for ZIP and RAR formats (both for extraction and packaging);
- viewing photos,s, documents;
- support for Dropbox, Box.net, Sugarsync, Google Drive, and other cloud storage services;
- creation of convenient thumbnails: it helps to quickly find and browse directories, files;
- the ability to get quick access to files on a PC (using Wi-Fi connection);
- module “Task Manager” will clear the cache and delete “garbage”, due to which the free space in memory increases (which is always not enough);
- support for multiple file systems;
- a huge set of tools for working with files;
- support for multiple languages including Russian, and much more.
application “file manager “. screenshots from the developer
This application is able to completely replace the classic explorer. Thanks to a simple and intuitive interface, it is very convenient to use (addictive after only one day of use).
In terms of archives, he certainly is not “omnivorous”, but still. There is support for RAR and ZIP, which will allow you to work with most archives on the network. In addition, this explorer allows you to work with network storage: Dropbox, Google Drive, etc. In general, a very decent product!
- work with RAR and ZIP;
- support for a dozen multimedia formats (photos,s, music, etc.);
- Support for Dropbox, Google Drive, etc. similar services;
- allows you to conveniently manage files located: mainly the phone’s memory; in cloud storage on the SD card; on USB devices (which you can connect to the phone);
- the ability to work with documents: doc, ppt, pdf, and other formats;
- the ability to pause or delete the application;
- the ability to connect to remote services (FTP, NAS);
- the ability to connect from your computer to your Android device via FTP and manage its files.
That’s all for now. Additions are welcome.