How to Open a File on Android
Need to urgently open a docx-document or send important text information by e-mail, and you are on the go and at hand only a smartphone that can not work with Word? Unfortunately, in such a situation there are a large number of users who did not know how to open a Word document on an Android phone or tablet. There is no need to run to a laptop or computer, because your smartphone may well work with such files. And what is required for this. Will tell GuruDroid.Net!
Why do I need Word documents on a smartphone
Each Android owner can respond individually. For some, work requires constant access to test files, someone reads books and interesting notes in doc or docx format.
Over, Word not only allows you to read documents on Android, but also to build intricate diagrams, create tables, work with images, links, arrange texts as abstracts, create templates and print them. You must admit that such an extensive functionality is not present in every text editor.
What extensions do Microsoft Word document files have?
Word files have three permissions:
First option rtf It was used only until 1992, so now it is almost impossible to find. Doc more common if you have Microsoft Word, created before 2007, there will be just this format. Well docx. The most relevant, new and convenient resolution.
How to open Word document on Android phone
Now we proceed to the most important thing. The opening of Word-documents. This, of course, is the most important part of the article, which we ask you to pay close attention to.
Opening without third-party applications
There is a common misconception that with root privileges you can use text documents directly from the phone screen without using special programs. Unfortunately, even if you are a Superuser, you have the developer mode turned on, work with Word files directly impossible.
Opening with the official Microsoft Word application
Of course, the best option is a well-known and beloved one. Microsoft Word. The output of this text editor has alarmed almost the whole world, taking a leading position and allowing millions of users to work with texts without the slightest discomfort.
Literally everyone knows about the computer version of the program, and here comes a mobile, officially supported by phones and tablets running the Android operating system. The application has a lot of advantages, which we will talk about below:
- Excellent ability to view, edit absolutely all filesWord. No problems with loading, working capacity, documents open instantly.
- Creaturepersonal documents, because the Word is happy with this! Change fonts, highlight important information in italics, highlighting, use a huge palette of styles. There are no restrictions for creating high-quality, useful and beautiful content. Only useful features, only comfort anywhere in the world!
- An interface familiar to most users, distinguished by its conciseness, minimalism and simplicity. Over, now he oriented for touch input, and even a novice will easily understand the extensive functionality.
- The file itself adapts to the size of your device, therefore, you can safely forget about too large or too small text. And for manual formatting, you only need a couple of gestures.
- Mega-function: built-in voice recorder that turns what you hear into real text! Are you busy with your hands to print or not enough time? Just bring the phone to your mouth and dictate the necessary suggestions. Receive a real text document within a minute.
- High and guaranteed file protection thanks to synchronization with great cloud storage like Onedrive, Dropbox and even the familiar Google account. This function also allows you to view materials from absolutely any device, whether it be a tablet, computer, smartphone or laptop.
- Send documents to other users without problems, using built-in mail. Do not forget about the wonderful opportunity of group work on one file.
- Huge selection of componentsWord, suitable for luxurious paperwork. A variety of shapes, embedded images, useful SmartArt elements, express blocks, formulas, symbols, objects, footnotes, notes, etc. You can only find such great content in Microsoft Word!
- And the most important plus: the application is completely free. You can download it from Google Play and install it in the standard way.
WPS Office. The best document management program on Android
Another worthy application developed by the Chinese company Kingsoft. It is an alternative to Microsoft. Of course, it’s not so common and a little trimmed in its functionality. But with a lack of free space on the phone is the perfect solution, since it takes no more than 35 MB.
Let’s take a closer look at what WPS Office is capable of:
Google Drive. Work in the Cloud
Oddly enough, but an application created for file storage, namely Google Drive, can open without third-party tools docx-files. Unfortunately, you won’t get a full-fledged text editor, you won’t be able to create new documents either, but reading existing ones is quite possible.
The program also allows you to find content by placement date and keywords. Allows you to open it for free access, thereby relieving you of the need to send important materials to other users by e-mail, but this function is not excluded.
Not sure how to download a Word document to your smartphone? With this, there will also be no hassle. Just click on the download icon near the file of interest, and literally in a second it will be on the phone, which allows you to move the document to other devices and open it without the Internet.
How to open Word file on VK
We received an important document in correspondence, and when I try to open it, it gives an error “Unable to recognize link? Do not worry, to solve a similar problem, do the following:
- Open the built-in “Downloads” application (it may also be present in the browser);
- We find the file we need. Despite the fact that the document is located in VKontakte, it will also be located in the Downloads. Click on it.
- A window appears asking what application to use for reading. You must have one of the above programs installed. We select it, click “OK” and the document opens in a matter of moments.
How to create a Word document on Android
Everything is extremely simple here: if we use Microsoft Word, then just launch the application. Immediately we see a white sheet, ready for work. After entering the necessary information, we save it. That’s all, I’ll create a document in a couple of clicks.
In WPS Office, the process is almost the same, only at the beginning you should specify which format we want to use. If you have a text editor installed, creating a new file will not cause the slightest trouble.
Many active users of Android mobile devices use their gadget to work with documents. But not many people know that it can be used to archive files and unzip them, or run some kind of PC application. And for this, you don’t have to transfer the necessary data to the computer at all, it is enough to know how to open the file on Android, we’ll talk about this now.
Open files on Android
The capabilities of devices on the Android platform allow you to not only open, but also edit files of various formats. To perform this action, it is necessary to install special software (which one depends on the type of file), which gives the mobile gadget functionality that is almost as good as the characteristics of a PC.
Using file managers
The most popular database tools are by far the file managers. The standard (built-in) applications of this segment, for the most part, do not differ in such a level of functionality that could meet user requests. Therefore, it makes sense to use one of the conductors, which could cope with the tasks.
Among the most common file managers include ES Explorer. Its popularity among users is caused by impressive functionality that allows you to fully work with the device’s database. The Russian interface and the lack of pressure on the personal budget are no less significant advantages of the program.
In addition to standard manipulations, such as viewing documents and pictures, playing audio ands, using the application you can manage your own files on a PC:
- Move and copy data, as well as move it, share it, etc.;
- Create new objects and delete;
- Create shortcuts and backups;
- Perform actions with local or located on the PC files.
- Manage phone files from a laptop;
- Archive and unzip files with the extension ZIP and RAR and much more
With Superuser rights, working with the device’s file system and data directories is available, in addition, it will be possible to change permissions.
Another great example for operations with the contents of both the internal memory of an Android device and an SD card. Support for eleven languages, including Russian, and an intuitive interface make the application easy and affordable.
In the light of our conversation today, I note the following features of Explorer:
- Creation, as well as extraction of files with the extension zip and tar;
- Extract files from rar archive;
- Having your own text editor;
- Copying, moving and other manipulations performed in the background;
- Opening files using special software;
- The ability to view the properties of objects (files and folders) and much more.
This free application with a straightforward name clearly deserves our attention as a fairly powerful and fully-functional tool for conveniently managing files and folders located in the internal or external memory of a mobile gadget, cloud storage, as well as connected USB devices.
In addition to the mentioned advantages of this conductor, the following can be noted:
- Support for basic file types (for example, doc, ppt, pdf, etc.), including apk and zip;
- Preview images in the following formats: jpg, png, as well as gif, bmp, etc.;
- Manage most and audio file formats;
- Access to work with remote services and much more.
Of course, the three aforementioned file managers are not the only applications that can solve the tasks. Just go to Google Play and choose the tool that meets your needs:
How to open HTML file on Android
This format on devices with Android OS opens quite difficult. One of the special applications will come to the rescue. Below I will talk about software that will help in this case.
Quickedit. A powerful text editor that allows the user not only to fully work with the text, but also to view HTML files in the browser and edit their program code. The application will please with simple, intuitive controls, support for many languages (including Russian), the presence of an impressive list of automatic processes.
Some important features of QuickEdit can be highlighted:
- Syntax highlighting in a document and code editing for more than fifty programming languages, including HTML
- Soft scrolling in both directions (vertical and horizontal);
- Automatic detection and change of character encoding;
- High speed;
- Quick search and instant jump to the desired line, etc.
In addition to QuickEdit, the following applications can be noted for working with HTML:
- HTML Viewer is a great tool for viewing and sharing HTML code;
- WebMaster’s HTML editor. Supports many formats, an effective tool for web-programming on mobile devices;
- HTML Editor is a multifunctional HTML editor with the ability to edit HTML codes and output data.
You can also use browsers with these features to read HTML files. Here you can mention UC Browser or Firefox.
How to open tiff file on Android
The.Tif extension is a fairly common format for multi-page graphic image files, which allows you to save as much information as possible. Images in files of this type are several layers and a rather large color depth, which makes it possible to widely use this format in printing and various graphic editors. Various special applications are also used to view Tiff files.
An excellent free application with full format support, unlike similar resources, which often have some limitations.
Multi-TIFF has a built-in browser that is used to open files, or you can use Internet browsers (in this case, the presence of http and httpS protocols), mail and FTP clients, cloud storage, etc.
The application is notable for its fast work, security and undeniable convenience, and also has many tools for compressing.Tif files into various formats.
How to open on Android files PDF, EXE, ZIP, RAR
We have already written in separate topics, how to open files with the extension.Zip and.Rar, and also.Exe, therefore, I will not repeat now, you can read the material at the indicated links. But on the PDF-files dwell in more detail.
There are several ways to open.Pdf files. These are various “readers”, and any of office packages (for example, OfficeSuite), and special programs.
This is a universal tool for reading and editing files with the extension.Pdf. Xodo is characterized by convenience, intuitive controls and high speed.
From the impressive list of application functions, we highlight the following:
- Optimization for both smartphones and Android tablets;
- Ability to fill out forms, write texts and add a signature in PDF format;
- Function of automatic synchronization with cloud storage (Dropbox and Google Drive);
- Co-editing files with the extension.Pdf online and much more.
Choosing an application with which you can open PDF files will not be difficult at all. To do this, just enter the appropriate request in the Play Store and select from the list the program that meets your needs:
How to open Word file on Android
As with other file formats, Word files can only be opened and edited using special applications. The most popular of them is Microsoft Word. How it works with this program, we learn from the:
I hope today’s material on how to open a file on an Android phone was informative and interesting for you, dear readers of our blog. Well, and I, say goodbye to you until the next topic. Good luck