How to Make Internet Distribution From a Phone
With each passing day, topics are becoming more relevant. Just the other day, I queued up a response to a comment on how to distribute the Internet from a phone, and now I needed it myself. So, in hot pursuit, we proceed to action. I’ll tell you about all the possible options. Via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or even USB. Go!
It is now possible to distribute the Internet from any smartphone, the main thing is that it has this same mobile Internet. 2G, 3G, 4G or even a third-party Wi-Fi for further transfer via USB. I’ll start in order. All in detailed step-by-step instructions. But if you suddenly have any problems. Feel free to write in the comments to this article, I will try to help.
- Via Wi-Fi hotspot
- Windows phone
- Via USB
- Via bluetooth
- Third party programs
- From phone to computer
- From phone to tablet
- From phone to phone
- Operator locks
Via Wi-Fi hotspot
The first method is the most frequent. You have a mobile Internet connection and want to create an access point using the built-in Wi-Fi in your phone. Previously, this had to be done with shamanistic dances, but now everything goes out of the box for any device. But mobile cellular operators are also on the alert and may impose restrictions on this method of distribution, up to an additional fee. Let’s see how this is done for all modern mobile operating systems.
Your smartphone will not be a full-fledged router, but it is quite within his power to provide several devices with the Internet. For permanent work, it is better to purchase a good router.
The instructions below can be briefly viewed in the following:
And who loves the details and the text, we do as I do in steps. Distributing the Internet on Android is not so difficult, even for complete dummies:
- Go to Settings.
- In Wireless networks, tap on “.”
- Select “Modem Mode”. This is the very function of creating an access point, despite the veiled name.
- Settings allow you to organize the distribution of the Internet immediately to all channels. In this section, we are now interested in. “Wi-Fi Access Point” and its configuration through “Access Point Settings”.
- “Manage allowed devices” and then make the mark “Connect all devices”. So that others can connect to you without restrictions. Otherwise, you will have to add each device manually.
- We make the settings ourselves. “Wi-Fi hotspot” and set the desired network name and password:
- After closing Wi-Fi with a password, the access point needs to be activated. Put a checkmark and get a message that everything is active:
All! You can connect to the phone, the Internet will be quietly distributed. There, in the settings, all connected devices will be displayed (you can also disable them here):
And again for Samsung. There are small differences, but they do not differ from the general scheme:
I could not ignore lovers of apple products. Nothing complicated, it’s Apple)
- Modem mode
- Choose via Wi-Fi
- The password is created here immediately, you can change it if you wish, but it’s easier to immediately activate the point:
A slightly less popular system, but it also copes with the task with a bang. And again, all the steps:
- Go to Settings:
- General Internet. For me, the name is even more understandable than Modem Mode, at least somewhere Microsoft was ahead of Android)
- We choose. Through Wi-Fi. Again the choice, as in the last section:
- Set the network name and password to it:
- After creating the password, you can activate the network (you can do this before, but I am a security supporter):
You can connect! And again in the settings you can see the connected guests:
I won’t stop on all devices, because Rather, everyone came here for the distribution of wifi. The main thing in the settings of the Modem Mode is to choose a connection not via Wi-Fi, but USB:
First you need to connect the phone to a computer. Everything will be configured by itself, the time for complex manual settings has gone with Windows XP. Windows 7 and Windows 10 deal with this; there’s nothing to be done.
How to connect to this bluetooth is another question. But for distribution, just select the Bluetooth item:
Before distributing the Internet, do not forget to pair your PC and smartphone with standard tools. And then some at first distribute it is unclear which is not clear where, and then they do not understand where the legs of the problem grow from.
Third party programs
To connect, you can use third-party programs. Here you need to understand what happened in history so that before everything had to be done with hands and teams. Therefore, developers began to make beautiful applications that allow you to do all this in one click. In fact, these programs do the same thing, and I don’t see much point in bothering with their installation.
But for a review I will show a few. There is for all phone models. Look in your stories.
Download in the market. Go into the application. Set the network name, password, activate the network. The same actions, only a little less (or with more installation) extra movements.
Another analogue is only with a simpler interface and in Russian. But no program will do more of its own. So choose any, download, use. But it’s better to learn how to do this without third-party software. There’s less risk of getting some kind of infection on your phone.
From phone to computer
You can completely build the distribution of the Internet from your phone to a computer or notebook. The way, frankly, is so-so, it’s better to take a router, but it will do without fish.
There is also nothing to paint here, any of the options above will do:
- Wi-Fi hotspot. If the computer has a Wi-Fi adapter. Start the network, connect, work. It is especially true for all laptops, netbooks and tablets on which Wi-Fi is present from birth.
- Bluetooth is a very perverse method these days, but it happens. You pair both devices first with each other, and then activate the distribution via Bluetooth in modem mode.
- USB. If nothing else fits. Connect the phone over the wire to a computer or laptop, turn on the distribution in modem mode, everything is set up by itself, and you use it calmly.
From phone to tablet
A separate subcategory, but in fact there is nothing special here. The Internet from the phone to the tablet needs to be distributed as usual: we create a Wi-Fi access point, connect to it on the tablet. Everything works.
The main thing here is to understand that a modern tablet is the same computer with an operating system. Be it Android, iOS, or even in my case with full Windows.
From phone to phone
It’s a very common situation to transfer the Internet from one phone to another phone. Just create an access point using any of the above methods, calmly connect from your Android or iPhone.
And now you seem to have done everything right, but the Internet is still gone? Is that familiar? The fact is that at some of their unlimited tariffs, mobile operators impose a block on the distribution of the Internet. In fact, you should not panic, people have long come up with ways to circumvent this lawlessness, and we just gathered everything in one place (while it works):
A modern phone can perform a variety of functions, thereby replacing a large number of other devices. For example, a phone can replace a Wi-Fi access point. To do this, simply configure the distribution of Wi-Fi from the phone to other devices.
How to share Wi-Fi from an Android phone
In order to distribute Wi-Fi from your Android phone, you need to open the Android settings. This can be done by running the Settings application in the list of all installed applications. You can also open the settings using the top curtain or the desktop icon.
After opening the settings, go to the “Other networks” section. It should be noted that on your phone this section may have a slightly different name. If you cannot find this section, look through all the settings sections that are next to the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth settings.
Next, open the subsection called “Modem and Access Point”. Again, on your device, the name of this section may be slightly different. It can be called “Modem”, “Modem Mode”, “Connecting an Access Point” or simply “Access Point”.
After that, you must activate the “Portable Access Point” function. To do this, move the switch to the on position.
After activating the portable access point, you will see a pop-up window with a warning about turning off Wi-Fi. In this window, click on the “Yes” button.
This completes the setup, now your phone is distributing Wi-Fi. You just have to look at the password for access to the Wi-Fi network created by your phone. To do this, open the “Portable Access Point” section.
After that, a window opens with information about the access point. Here you can see and change the name of the access point and password.
How to distribute Wi-Fi from an iOS phone
If you have an iPhone, in order to set up Wi-Fi distribution you need to enter the settings and open the “Modem mode” section. If this section is missing, then this may mean that the mobile Internet is not turned on or not configured on your phone.
In this section you need to activate the modem mode function. To do this, move the switch to the on position.
In the same settings section, you can see the password that you need to use to connect to Wi-Fi.
This completes the IPhone setup. Now you can connect to the created Wi-Fi network.
How to distribute Wi-Fi from a phone to Windows Phone 8
If you have a phone based on the Windows Phone operating system, in order to distribute Wi-Fi you need to open the Settings application.
After that, you need to open the section “General Internet”.
Next you need to move the switch to the “On” position. After that, information about the name of the access point and password for accessing it will appear at the bottom of the screen.
This completes the setup of Windows Phone. Wi-Fi network is working and you can connect to it.
How to distribute the Internet from the phone, if friends are very asking?
If you need the Internet at once on several devices, but only on one, you need to know how to do it.
How does shared internet work on a smartphone?
Absolutely all users can use their smartphone as a remote access point to the Internet.
The main condition for distribution is the presence of a 2G, 3G or 4G Internet connection on the smartphone.
If you are a happy owner of a smartphone with the Internet and want to share access with others, you will be distributing your mobile Internet, even if you are currently connected to a free wi-fi network.
This traffic will cost as much as your regular mobile Internet. According to the tariffs of your mobile operator.
A smartphone that distributes the Internet can broadcast a signal to several devices at the same time. Limitations on the number of accesses to the access point depend on many factors, including the factory settings of an individual device.
The more devices connected to one access point, the slower the speed of connection to the network.
If you are a user of a smartphone or tablet on Android, you can distribute the Internet as follows:
- In the window that opens, find the wireless networks tab and open the full list of parameters by clicking on the “” item;
- Go to the device menu and then turn on the settings panel (Fig. 1);
- Now click on the “Access Point” and “Settings” (Fig. 2);
- In a new window, you need to configure the connection settings. First, enter the network name. Other devices will see this name when they try to connect to your device. Choose the level of protection. The degree of security and the complexity of encrypting the password of the access point depend on it. The network can be left open. All users will be able to connect to the access point (if possible, do not use an open network, this may be unsafe for your device). Next, you need to come up with a password to access the connection (Fig. 3).
Now your friends can connect to the created point access in your smartphone. From a PC, tablet, laptop, smartphone and any other device with a wi-fi module.
To connect, you need to find the just created network in the “WiFi Connection” section and enter the password.
To stop the general Internet mode, turn off the dot in the smartphone’s wireless network settings.
Another way to distribute the Internet from Android is to turn on the USB modem mode. This method is suitable if you need to distribute the Internet from a smartphone or tablet for one device.
For this connect the device to a PC using a USB cable. In the modem settings on the smartphone, select the type of connection “USB-modem”.
Now go to the network connection window on your personal computer. A new component should appear in the list of available connections.
Right-click on it and select “Enable”.
A more detailed description of the use of the phone as a modem is in our materials.
Instructions for iOS
If you are an iPhone or iPad user, follow the instructions:
- Go to the device settings;
- Select the cellular settings window (Fig. 6);
- Set the modem mode parameter to the On state (Fig. 6);
- Now scroll down the settings page until the modem settings section appears (Fig. 7);
- In the APN field, enter your operator, his name and access password (for example, for the MTS network, all three parameters will have the value “ mts “). You can find out the data from your operator;
- After entering this data, a new modem mode item will appear in the settings window (Fig. 8). Open it.
Now you can connect to the device from your PC or other smartphone.
Instructions for Windows Phone
To turn your Windows Phone device into a WiFi router, follow the instructions:
- Go to the phone settings;
- Select the “data transfer” item (Fig. 8);