How to Make a TV Do It Yourself
It is impossible to imagine a modern apartment or house without and audio equipment. This equipment is used daily and therefore breaks more often than others. There are several ways to repair TVs: send equipment to a service center, call a qualified craftsman at home, or make repairs yourself.
Diagnose a TV breakdown
Before you start repairing your TV, you first need to make sure what the problem is. This will help if you do the repair yourself, and then, when the master comes, you can explain the situation to him.
There are several types of malfunctions that can most often be found when the TV breaks down.
- The technique does not turn off. In independence, a kinescope TV or a modern LCD model broke, this malfunction is associated with a blown fuse. Only different models have distinctive details. You should also pay attention to the diode bridge. It is possible that it burned down.
- Both in domestic and in import models, potential can often be lost, the posistor is responsible for its function.
- If the plasma TV monitor is broken, then the problem, most often, is interference or differences, light or dark stripes may appear, the color changes while watching a program or movie.
- The problem may be in the breakdown of the cord or malfunction of the outlet.
If you take into account all the troubles listed above, it is worth saying that the most difficult breakdown is considered to be a screen malfunction. For example, on your monitor, after the liquid gets on the matrix or the TV hit, bright flare appears, then it is better to carry it to the teleservice. Here it will be repaired, and if the warranty period has not been issued, then for free or at a reduced price.
See also. What to do if the TV does not turn on?
LCD screen. The nuances of repair!
You can try to fix some malfunctions of TVs yourself. And it doesn’t matter here. It’s an LCD model, LCD or LED, it’s not necessary to call a wizard if you are confident in your abilities. It’s just that caution never hurts, because such TV models are expensive, and without repair experience or knowledge in this area, you can only harm and aggravate the breakdown.
Before you start repairing LED or LCD TVs, you must carefully read the instructions, and also study the principle of operation of your model. Anyone who is even far from this area will understand that the repair of such televisions as LCD or LED will be different from the picture tubes. In the latter case, you are guaranteed not to encounter a faulty posistor. The main thing here is to determine the problem, why does the backlight not work?
If you are repairing LCD, LED models, then the difference here will only be what kind of backlight is applied. If it is an LCD TV, then backlighting is done using fluorescent or fluorescent lamps. For TVs, LED backlighting is done using LEDs. At this stage, the differences between the LCD models usually end.
What is the cause of LCD TV malfunctions?
Failure can only consist in the fact that there is no power, to check this on the LCD TV, you can do the following with your own hands:
- Open the back cover of the model;
- Remove the wires connected to the matrix;
- Connect the working lamp to the contacts;
- There are also such LCD models in which more than one light source is provided. In this case, all sources must be tested. Just dismantle the matrix and connect your TV to the network. You can see which LED is the problem.
When a broken lamp is detected in the LED or LCD TV, it is necessary to replace it. This stage requires maximum accuracy from the master, as well as special attention. In some cases, the lamp is removed without removing the matrix, you only need to move the protection elements with a rubber gasket and pull out the lamp with a soldering iron. Similarly, it is necessary to mount a working light bulb. Now you can be congratulated. You yourself made repairs to the LCD TV! Just pay attention to one important nuance. The new bulb must fully meet the parameters and dimensions of the broken!
To repair TVs yourself, look carefully at the matrix! If there are “unhealthy” bands, then the breakdown is in the matrix. Have a new part? Then everything is simple! You change it and turn on the TV, if it works, then you have definitely identified the breakdown.
If the cause of the failure of the LCD TVs is the screen, then it is best to purchase new models of LCD or LED technology. Changing the LCD screen and LED models is not recommended, as it is impractical! This also applies to the LCD matrix.
What could be the problem with plasma TVs? If it is necessary to repair plasma TVs, then follow the same procedure as described above. Just adapt it to your specific case. This description can be used for any model of plasma TV, just stock up on the necessary tool in advance.
See also. How to choose a TV for home in 2018?
We repair picture tubes models
Although today most users prefer to use plasma, but many still watch programs on older obsolete picture tubes. Let’s find out how to troubleshoot such TVs. Below is a step-by-step instruction that will help you repair your electron-beam products with your own hands.
- If you do not turn on such a device, first of all, check the fuses. In such televisions, the back consists of panels. Therefore, you need to unscrew that part of the panels. Under such panels you will find a board and you need to connect the power terminals to the fuse. They are connected to a conventional incandescent lamp, or rather to its base, after which the TV needs to be connected to the network. In the event that your equipment is in good condition, the lamp will go out after being turned on, otherwise, when the fuse is blown, it will either not work at all, or will be constantly on.
- The diode bridge may also break. It should only be taken into account that it is necessary to regulate and repair it only after making calls. In this case, not only a multimeter is used, but also the product passport, which indicates the main parameters of this model.
- The most difficult failure in a TV with a kinescope is a posistor. To do the test yourself, you must first turn off the power circuit, and then turn it on. In this case, you must monitor the lamp. If the working lamp goes out, then we can say that the resistor is faulty. To make repairs, you need to adjust the network resistance and only venture to change this part.
But not only the matter may be in the posistor, in kinescope models transistors and capacitors burn out. Diagnosis of this failure can be done visually. If the condensate turns black or cracked, then we replace it with a working analog. Now you know why the TV does not work and how to fix it yourself.
How to make an antenna for a TV with your own hands, so that it is not inferior in quality to the purchased device, this question is of interest to many home masters and television lovers. There are various ways to make the antenna yourself, from the simplest designs to instruments that receive a satellite signal.
This option is suitable for people who want to install at home or in the country the usual indoor antenna to watch federal channels. To design such a device for everyone, no special knowledge is required.
This is the most elementary way, so only 70–90 cm copper wire, 2-3 mm thick. The indoor antenna is manufactured as follows:
- Strip both ends of the copper wire.
- Secure one end to the battery and insert the other into the TV.
The signal will appear immediately, from 1 to 5 channels will become available to the user. With this simple method, you can make a home antenna in 5 minutes.
The most popular way to make a DIY antenna from improvised materials. To make beer cans are needed. Experts say that it takes no more than an hour to assemble an antenna from beer cans.
- Connecting cable.
- A few cans of beer.
- Screws in the amount of 2 pieces.
- Insulation tape or heat shrink tubing.
- Wooden beam or metal pipe for attaching the antenna.
You can make a homemade antenna from cans according to the following scheme:
- Attach cans to a bar or pipe at a distance of 6-7 cm.
- Then you need to screw the screws to the banks.
- Strip the ends of the coaxial cable and insert into the screws.
- In order for the homemade product to work even during bad weather conditions, it is recommended that she be protected from a plastic bottle. To do this, make a hole in the container, it is necessary for the wire. Pour boiling water over the bottle, it will change shape, as a result of which the hole will be sealed.
This is another easy option how to make a television antenna in a short time. The device catches a signal well, providing high image quality.
Amplified Wave Antenna
An all-wave antenna with an amplifier can be of different configurations. Its assembly takes more time than the first two options. But the advantage is that it is very powerful and accepts all analog channels in excellent quality. One of the most common options is the “BUTTERFLY” shape wave antenna.
- Board or plywood sheet, dimensions 550/70/5 mm.
- Copper wire.
- PC75 connecting cable.
- Soldering iron.
- On the board, make marks for the holes and drill them.
- Divide the wire into 8 identical segments, the length of which should be 37.5 cm.
- Clean the central part of all segments from insulation, approximately 2 cm.
- Then cut off another 2 pieces of copper wire 22 cm long. Each segment is divided into 3 identical parts, and cleaned of insulation in the separation zone.
- To bend pieces of wire into a V-shaped figure, the distance between the ends should be 7.5 cm. This distance is considered the best for the passage of television waves.
- Connect all the components.
- Solder the connecting cable to the contacts of the plug coil.
- Cut off 2 more pieces of wire in order to connect the “antennae” and the socket.
- Screw the socket onto the plywood and connect all the components of the device.
Do-it-yourself television antenna is ready for use.
Homemade antennas that pick up a decimeter signal can come in many different configurations.
The simplest option is considered ring decimeter antenna it is relatively easy and simple to assemble.
- Soldering iron.
- Make a ring from the connecting cable, size 53 cm.
- Cut another piece of cable for making a loop, size 17.5 cm.
- You need to solder the loop to the ring, and the cable that will be inserted into the screen.
- Attach the structure to plywood.
- Point the assembled device towards the TV tower.
Thus, the do-it-yourself antenna of the DMV range is assembled.
Another possible method of making a television antenna UHF range called the Eight.
- Wire (copper, aluminum).
- Glue gun.
- Using wire cutters, cut 2 pieces of wire, length 56 cm.
- At the end of each, you need to make a 1 cm loop.
- Bend the wire, connect the loop. Solder the connecting cable to the resulting squares of the copper wire. Solder the central core to one of the squares, and braid to the other. The distance should be 2 cm.
- The resulting structure must be fixed in the cap from a 20-liter bottle and filled with glue.
- The device is ready.
This is another way you can make an antenna yourself.
This unit may have a signal range reach up to 490 MHz, this means that the picture quality will be very high. But for the manufacture you need to purchase a transformer.
- Download and print the diagram from the Internet.
- Cut her out.
- Glue the resulting figure with foil, glue the back side with a marker.
- Then a reflector is made, dimensions: 35 cm height, 32 cm width. One of the sides must be sealed with foil.
- Cut 2 rectangles in the middle, they are needed to assemble the signal collector. Size should be 3.5 cm.
- All elements are glued to the rectangle, and when everything hardens, drill a hole for the cord.
- Connect the device to the transformer.
- Insert the cable into the connector.
The appliance is ready for use.
Do-it-yourself satellite dish
One of the most popular questions is, can I make a satellite dish with my own hands? There are manys on the Internet how to make a plate for watching satellite television yourself.
This device can be made at home in two ways:
- Sticking on the matrix.
- Spike mesh and wire.
The most optimal and convenient is the first method of manufacture. To do this, make a drawing of the future device. The work must be approached to this stage very responsibly, to calculate all the parameters accurately, otherwise the device will be unsuitable for work at the output. A parabola is drawn in the drawing, which is then transferred onto a steel sheet. Its thickness should be 0.05 cm.
- Using a welding machine, make a steel frame with a diameter of 9–10 cm. Steel rods are turned on the outside, and the bearing is welded to the center.
- Install the resulting structure on level ground, and a pipe joins the installed bearing, then the knife is installed.
- Then the frame is poured with concrete mortar and dried for 5 days.
In the final stage, it is necessary to stick the antenna, this can be done in different ways. To facilitate the work, it is recommended divide the design into 8 parts. For gluing, fiberglass or epoxy primer is used.
Apply engine oil to the dried concrete form, insert the pipe into the washer. After the home-made plate is covered with resin and the fiberglass is glued. The manufacturing process of the device is completed. Read also how to watch Tricolor TV and NTV Plus channels on one satellite dish.