How to make a screen screen with your own hands. Decorative screen for batteries will decorate the apartment
Decorative lattices for heating radiators: dimensions, do.it.yourself manufacture. step.by.step instructions
Heating radiators. an integral attribute of a modern home. Despite the fact that alternative methods of heating of the premises, such as the “warm floor” system, which allow you to get rid of standard heat sources, traditional radiators are used much more often. Their appearance is standard, neutral design and white color. But not in every interior, such batteries look organic, especially if these are devices of an old.style, the attractiveness of the appearance of which is not saved by simple staining.
Decorative lattices for heating radiators are widely used. A wide range of models that differ in design, color, manufacturing material, the method of fixation harmoniously fit into any interior. from classic to modern. At the same time, the products perform the main function. they do not interfere with the effective heating of the dwelling.
Why do you need a screen on the battery
A correctly selected decorative screen not only masks an unpresentable type of radiator, but will become a natural addition to the interior, emphasizes its style and color scheme.
There are several functions that perform the radiator screens:
- Being a technical device with protruding elements. sharp edges, cranes, valves, heating battery carries some danger. It is also worth considering that sometimes the surface temperature of the battery is quite high and touching it can cause a burn. Therefore, the screen performs a protective function. This is especially true in a family with young children.
- Due to the correct choice of the material of the manufacture of the product, the optimal selection of location and the size of the holes, you can improve battery convection and increase the efficiency of the heating process. For example, using a metal screen model, you can increase the area of heating.
- The decorative capabilities of the screen for the radiator are obvious. the battery does not always look appropriate in the interior. With her appearance, it can ruin the whole impression, “break” a thinly verified and thoughtful concept of design. The lining, made in the same style as the interior, organically fits into it, and will not stand out against the general background.
- By virtue of their design, the old.style batteries are most susceptible to the rapid pollution of inaccessible places in which dust and garbage accumulate. To maintain perfect cleanliness, such a design takes a lot of time and effort. With the help of the screen, the issue of cleanliness is resolved radically. the battery is reliably protected from pollution, and the screen itself does not require complicated care and always looks neat tidy.
Types of decorative screens and materials for their manufacture
All the closing the heaters of the panel can be divided into three types.
- Flat grilles. close the radiators installed in niches.
- Hinged boxes having a lid on top and without it.
- Boats. are located on the floor and completely hide the heating device.
Material for manufacturing can be:
- plastic is cheapness and practicality, but among the minuses are unpleasant odors and harmful substances with severe heating;
- Wood.fiber slab. an easy.to.process option that allows you to quickly make a screen on the battery with your own hands;
- Metal. stainless steel sheet with peeration or massive forged products;
- wood. splendor and luxury of valuable species or weaving, but only if you use high.quality wood (the cheap version will quickly be crumpled from temperature differences);
- Glass. uniqueness and exclusivity, which are achieved due to the variety of methods of processing glass panels.
What to look for when choosing
The most important thing is to understand the simple truth that the installation of any type of panel on the radiator leads to a decrease in heat transfer from it. At best, it will be 5%. But if you choose a blank grate with a minimum of holes, then the percentage of losses can significantly increase.
It seems a little, but during the heating season, heat meters can wind a serious allowance. Therefore, the screen should have a maximum of cracks for unhindered movement of warm air.
To smooth this and increase heat transfer, you need to hang a heat.refracting screen from foil material on the wall on the wall on the wall. Heat will be reflected from him in a heated room, instead of gathering a wall pointless.
Another way to reduce heat loss is to paint the inner surface of the decorative panel black. In this case, the screen will absorb the heat more from the radiator and give it more to the room.
The design should be easily removed and disassembled. Radiators will need to be washed, and for the summer also drain the water. The constant dismantling of the decor will bring only additional troubles and inconvenience. In addition, the battery valves should remain unhindered access.
The easiest way is to make a screen for a heating battery with your own hands from a wood.fiber slab. To do this, you will have to knit a rectangular box to the size of the radiator from bars or a wood-brown slab and sheathe its decorative wood-fiber slab slab. On sale there are many different in shape of holes and colors of options. In addition, you can order a sawing slab with a wood.fiber plate on a programmable machine according to an individual sketch.
Impact on thermal power
In an ideal case, the screen should not affect the heat transfer of batteries and air. However, any design complicates the circulation of air and partially covers the ways of spreading thermal radiation.
- leave a ventilation gap of at least 60 mm from the floor along the entire width of the radiator;
- provide a hole from above for the output of heated air;
- observe the distance from the sections to the front wall of the screen of at least 50 mm;
- select a screen with the front wall, at least 50% of the area of which is filled with through holes;
- Give preference to light.eating screens, which are easily dismantled on particularly cold days to improve heat transfer, as well as for cleaning.
It is advisable to paint the inner surface of metal screens in black. this will contribute to its rapid heating and increased heat.to.heat by radiation of infrared waves.
Screens manufacturing options
All types of screens can be classified according to several signs:
- manufacturing material;
- Method of installation: built.in, hinged and prefix;
- constructive execution: with or without lid, flat or boxes, etc.P.
Type and type are chosen based on the criteria of functionality, appearance and price.
Steel screens have such positive qualities as:
- a variety of shapes and colors;
- unlimited service life;
- minimum thermal deformation and stability of color;
- good thermal conductivity, which allows heated screens to reinforce thermal rays;
- Simplicity of care.
27 EASY MAGIC TRICKS
For manufacture, use:
- continuous steel sheets with air circulation holes,
- oeinated steel with a geometric or arbitrary pattern;
- net and welding grid;
- stainless steel;
- Forged Products.
The variety of shapes and designs will allow you to choose a model for any interior: from loft to high-tech.
Wooden screens are characteristic of interiors made in a classic style. Products are distinguished by aesthetic appearance, reliability and durability. At the same time, natural wood does not conduct heat well, reducing the radiation component in heating. As a rule, such products are massive, with a minimum of holes, which complicates convection.
Products from valuable wood are not cheap, so it has become slight. Inexpensive pine products are functional, but ascetic appearance limits the scope of use.
Screens made of plastic in the form of blinds are more often used for installation in utility rooms, bathrooms, public buildings.
If necessary, it is easy to dismantle.
In addition to the economy segment, product from high-quality plastic can be non-standard,
Glass screens look light and sophisticated. The material misses up to 95% radiant energy, which contributes to good heating of the rooms. They are painted, decorated with colored films or drawings.
There is a restriction on the use of glass. For example, in housing where there are children or large dogs to install fragile screens undesirable. Glass should be hardened.
Wood.fiber slab and hdf box
Wood and fiber slabs of medium (wood-fiber plate) and high (XDF, UHDF) density are more often used for the manufacture of crook screens.
The materials are easily processed, the front panels are openwork and seem easy. Such products in trade are found under the name of quarters.
When buying, you should check security certificates. cheap products are more likely to be made of materials with large formaldehyde, which is unacceptable when installing in children’s and sleeping rooms.
Plasterboard sheets are used for the manufacture of the frame, the openings in which are filled with other material: plastic grilles, metal panels, wood.fiber slab, XDF.
The screen itself is not made of GKL, since with leaks the structure will have to be completely destroyed.
How to do it yourself?
First you need to decide on the desired design. If the heating device is located in a niche, then you will have to make a screen in the form of a flat grill. It will be enough to choose a decorative panel in size of the niche and install in it.
In most houses, the batteries are suspended under the windows on the wall. You have to choose between a hinged and an attached box.
First you need to make a frame of wooden bars. In width, it will be wider than the battery 8-10 cm (4-5 cm on each side). In height for a hinged option for the same 8-10 cm larger, and for the prefix screen to the distance from the floor to the top of the battery, you will have to add 5 cm. Between the plane of the radiator and the screen grill, a pair of a couple of centimeters is also needed. All these indentes are needed for free circulation of the air heated by the heater.
Based on these sizes, the frame of the box is made. For the formation of its side walls, you can use plywood, wood-based plate or board. The front side can be made of sheet a wood-fiber slab with holes in the form of a pattern or glass.
If you plan to use the top of the box as a shelf, then it is made from a continuous board. Otherwise, you should choose the option with holes for the release of heated air.
To fasten parts of the box and strengthening the entire structure, metal corners and self.tapping screws are well suited. Then the front panel is nailed or screwed to the frame. To improve the view around its perimeter, a frame of small racks is packed.
If necessary, the side sides are glued with self.adhesive wallpaper in the color of the front panel. And the rails and all wooden details can be treated with a stain. Oil paints and varnishes are better not to use.
The Biggest Marble Run Challenge with Peppa Pig | Peppa Pig Official Family Kids Cartoon
To fasten the hinged screen, you will have to drill a couple of holes above the battery for dowels with hooks. And the bailiff just move to the wall.
This information should be enough to understand how to make a screen on the battery with your own hands. The further depends only on the presence of minimum skills in working with wood and the desire to do something on your own with your own hands. If you turn on the imagination, you can create a truly unique decorative screen for the radiator.
Creating a screen for a heating battery with your own hands
Heating batteries perform the function of heating the room. But their appearance does not always correspond to the overall style of the interior in the room. To improve attractiveness, special screens are used, which can be made with your own hands.
In addition to decorative function, they protect devices from dirt and dust. Also, a qualitatively executed decorative element is able to reduce the radiation of infrared spectra and improve the efficiency of heating.
Self.assembly of the screen
Make a screen of the screen from a wooden bar in size. Such a frame will reliably fix all the details and will not allow the screen to “swim” from side to side. In the frame itself, cut a hole for the pipe (pipe), the center of which should be at a distance of 75 mm from the side planks.
Photo 5 Assembly of the facade of the screen for the battery
Initially, install a metal sheet on the back of the screen on the size of the screen on the radiator. Thus, you will reduce heat loss and direct the movement of warm air into the room.
After the screen is assembled and planted on the frame, decorate the edges of the wood.fiber plate profile. On the same principle, all other details of the screen are collected.
If you opted for a wooden frame from the bar, additional mounting to the wall is not required. If there is no frame, use anchor tsangi to attach a box.
The easiest option would be to put the screen on the legs. This is not to say that the decor will be monolithic, since in general the design is quite fragile, but this will reduce the costs and time for its manufacture.
The optimal strength will be a wooden frame. Due to the fact that it does not affect the movement and circulation of air, this option we recommend for installation.
No one cancel the accessibility factor for decorative elements on sale. Today you can choose screens for every taste and wallet. But still there are masters who love and know how to create real works of art with their own hands. You can start small. and make such a simple but very beautiful screen yourself. Small preparation and 3-4 hours of your time will create a unique and exclusive element of the interior without special costs.
Installation of the screen on the heating radiator with your own hands
Installation will worsen the heating properties of the radiator. So that this does not happen, before installing the screen, secure the reflector behind the radiator. The simplest reflector is foil. In this case, thermal rays will be redirected to the room, which will increase the level of heat transfer.
Attention! If the inner surface of the product is painted black, then the design will heat up more from the radiator and give heat to the room itself. The design of the screen on the radiator is selected depending on the type of battery and the method of its installation
Before making a decorative element, think about how to dismantle it in an accident, repair, replacement or simple cleaning
The design of the screen on the radiator is selected depending on the type of battery and the method of its installation. Before making a decorative element, think about how to dismantle it in an accident, repair, replacement or simple cleaning.
The screen of the options for such products is the simplest. Is a flat panel consisting of a frame with wooden rails. Reiki have horizontally, vertically, diagonally, in the form of cells. The last option looks most attractive.
Start manufacturing with the installation of the frame in size of the battery. Use only the dried material so that during operation it does not deform and do not break out.
A method of reliable fastening of openwork cells of the lattice to the wooden frame is demonstrated.
Then the required number of slats is attached to the frame in the chosen way. The details before installation are thoroughly polished and strengthened with special compositions. Reiki on the frame is fixed with glue or screws. The finished product is covered with varnish or paint.
For the manufacture of the clock screen, the dimensions are removed from the radiator. The dimensions of the product will be 10 cm in width more than 3-5 cm in height. First of all, the facade part is made. It is made in the form of a panel-solution or on a solid plate cut the necessary holes.
Important! You can not close the radiator with a screen by more than 50%. Then the upper and side parts are made in accordance with the size
They can be bars or be continuous. Parts are interconnected by metal corners. For stability of the screen, the legs are attached below
Then the upper and side parts are made in accordance with the size. They can be bars or be continuous. Parts are interconnected by metal corners. For stability of the screen, the legs are attached below.
The choice of material
Hypsum cardboard screen
For the manufacture of the screen, you can use a variety of materials:
The choice depends on personal preferences, the interior of the room in which it is planned to install it, skills (working with some materials will require certain skills) and. most importantly. from the installation method.
There are several fastening options:
- box (usually used drywall to create it);
- flat screen (made from a thin sheet of metal, wooden rails, glass, wood.fiber plate);
- hinged cover (wood or metal is used for it).
Each of the options has advantages and disadvantages, so you should carefully study them in order to choose the optimal. With proper ability, you can combine various materials and create unique products.
Among its indisputable advantages are excellent thermal conductivity. Therefore, its installation will not reduce the heat transfer of the radiator. Elegant products of a variety of structures are created from metal: continuous screens, fine.mesh or openwork lattices. For their manufacture, 2 methods can be used: stamping or welding.
A significant drawback of this material is the need to be able to work correctly with it. A person who does not have proper skills and equipment will not be able to do this.
Decorative box made of wood
Wood is the most popular material for creating the screen: natural, aesthetic and fitting into almost any interior. It is easy to work with it, and you can create almost any designs: slat panels made of slats, sterens-sterens, openwork boxes from a wood-piece plate and another. Using tinting or staining, it is easy to enter the finished product of wood into the interior of the room and extend the service life of the panel.
Among the disadvantages of wooden screens are a tendency to deformation and drying out. That is why it is recommended to use durable wood species for the manufacture of a decorative panel on the battery: oak or beech. A more budget and simple option is to create a do.it.yourself screen on a heating battery from a rack canvas. In addition to ease of manufacture, it has another significant advantage. it does not prevent the penetration of heat into the room.
Drywall is used to build a box in which the battery is sewn up. Available price, ease of installation, light weight of the finished design, functionality (in the box you can organize storage places, for example). all this makes such a material one of the most suitable.
Glass protective screen
Glass screen-an ideal solution for premises decorated in modern styles: pop art, high-tech, fusion, minimalism.
For the manufacture of decorative panels, tempered glass is used. thick and shockproof, with carefully processed edges. It can be decorated with a sandblasting pattern, a pattern made using a paste for chemical etching of glass, a film with a large format printing. Also, the structure is sometimes supplemented with LED backlight.
Installation of such a product can be carried out in 2 ways: point mount in 4 places or using a cold pipe that will fix the canvas from two sides at four points.
How to do it
Рама экрана для батареи
- First you should determine the design of the screen for the battery: it can be made hinged or relying on the floor in the room.
- The next step is to draw a drawing (by hand on paper) of the future screen for the battery, measuring the width and height of the battery, as well as the distance from the wall to the place of fixing the screen panel. Add to the obtained values:
- 3-4 centimeters on each side-to the width of the screen (this will allow air to circulate more efficiently),
- 2-3 centimeters-to the distance from the wall to the screen panel.
Покрашенная рама экрана
Короб экрана батареи
Чертеж установки экрана
- Attach to the box the front panel of the screen using small cloves. To improve the appearance around the perimeter of the panel, small rails can be fixed by creating the visibility of its framing in the frame.
- Pour the side sides of the screen with self.adhesive wallpaper, if this is necessary. Reiki around the front panel can be covered with special wood compounds giving a suitable shade.
Экран батареи, опирающийся о пол
- Then you should fix the screen for the battery on the wall (if the screen is simply installed on the floor in the room, this stage of work is not relevant for you). The difficulty is that the screen should be removable, otherwise you simply cannot then wash the battery or get to the valves that regulate the temperature of its heating. Therefore, to the box for the battery from the back side at the top, you need to attach two suspensions from the back. Next, put the finished screen to the battery and with a pencil mark the holes for drilling. Remove the screen, drill holes, forget plastic dowels in them and screw the screws. It remains only to hang the screen for the battery, on its permanent place.
Теплоотражающий экран из фольги
- If you want to make a heat.cutting screen behind the battery, then in strict accordance with the internal size of the screen of the screen, cut out a rectangle from a foil substrate. Then cut the holes for the hooks leaving the wall (the battery holds on them) and glue the resulting heat.refracting screen to the wall (foil out).
Hang the screen in place and make sure that the foil from under it does not peek out anywhere.
If you have no opportunity to purchase or make a screen, you can use an alternative option. apply an oil paints on the battery.
Обратите внимание! Для лучшего эффекта рисунок наносится не только на батарею, но и на часть стены возле нее таким образом, чтобы создавался эффект отсутствия объема (то есть лицевая часть батареи и поверхность стены условно являются одной плоскостью).
Effective screen for heating radiator: design, physics, design
The desire to cover with something of heating radiator is quite natural: even modern aluminum radiators of the eyes do not delight at least with their monotony. Exclusive products made to order for the design of the premises I see, of course, you can not continue. It’s easier to make a screen for a battery with your own hands, especially since this work is not expensive or complex.
However, the purpose of the heating battery is to warm the room. It is intuitively clear that the battery behind the screen or in the box will warm it worse, and you need to pay for heat as before, if there is not its counter. That is why many people do not ennoble the batteries, putting up with sometimes ugly pieces of iron in its own way.
Intuition often fails. Make a screen for a radiator, not only not worsening heating, but also improving it, quite possible independently. You just need to know how the heating radiator works, and even something from thermal physics.
How he warms?
The transfer of heat from the battery to the room is carried out due to the flow of heated air. convection. and by radiation in the infrared (IR) range of electromagnetic radiation. The ratio of radiation and convection varies depending on the temperature of hot water in the system, external conditions and the design of the radiator.
The old “cast iron” in the fall or soft winter warms mainly due to convection. With intense heating (radiator temperature 50 degrees or more), a significant share of heat flow into the room gives IR radiation. Now, in some regions, this situation seems abstract-fantastic, but people of senior and middle generations remember how harsh winter it was impossible to touch the batteries.
Modern radiators act in general in the same way, but to some extent they can adapt to external conditions. If the air circulation in the channels in the channels (for example, the curtain) is difficult, the heat flow in the mass of the metal is redistributed towards the front flat panels, and the radiator goes into the heat radiation mode. This is achieved by the exact numerical modeling of the radiator on powerful computers.
This is clear: the radiator screen should provide not only air circulation, but also the transmission of infrared radiation. This is achieved in two ways, see. The next section.
According to convection, the conclusion is simple: the front panel of the correct screen should not be deaf or with rare small holes. A good screen is a lattice on the battery, quite rare and with a rather large space above the radiator (see. drawing on the right). But to ensure heat transfer, not inferior to the full.time in free space, this is not enough.
How not it is necessary and how can you do
Very bad screen for a heating radiator
Based on the above, we will analyze first of all the characteristic errors in the manufacture of heating radiators. The figure on the left shows an extremely unsuccessful design.
Firstly, scanty ventilation holes practically exclude normal convection. Secondly, in the “sinus” above them, a pillow of heated air forms at the top, which even more prevents normal convection heat transfer. Such a radiator actually works only due to radiation. The casing, apparently, is metallic, but even if it is in a special way is shaken from the inside, you can still safely say that the owners are at least 25% of the cost of heating are lowered into the return. Knowing tariffs, you can figure out for money yourself.
Acceptable screen for a heating radiator
In addition, the additional functionality of such a screen is zero: the box sticks out of the wall, and that’s it. And the designer attempts completely reduce the ugly pipe in its own way: an attempt to cover the battery only emphasizes its ugliness.
In the figure on the right. the design is acceptable, but still imperfect. The design with functionality is all right: the tree looks good, and it turned out a rather elegant shelf, decorated, I must say, with taste.
But the crate is too frequent: the width of its planks is more intervals between them. With any additional measures to improve heat transfer, at least 5-7% of the costs of heat also goes into the return, which in monetary terms for the winter will be a lot.
Therefore, then we will consider how to sew the heating radiator correctly.
DIY optimal screen
Before getting down to business, let’s think carefully: how to close the battery? Both speed and simplicity of work and the thermal efficiency of the radiator in the screen depend on this.
- Plastic. is not suitable for definitely. Roads, poorly conducts heat, give it an aesthetic look, oddly enough at first glance, it is more difficult at home than metal. And most importantly. from uneven heating the plastic will be crumpled over time, or even go stains.
- Metal is inexpensive, excellent heat conductor. But to make a beautiful metal product at home, you need solid working skills and a fairly extensive set of tools.
- Tree. aesthetically, environmentally friendly, easy to work. But it does not conduct heat poorly, and it is impossible to significantly improve its thermal conductivity. However, correctly made (see. further) a wooden screen for the radiator is quite effective.
- Drywall. at first glance does not fit, and not so much in thermal conductivity. From uneven heating, the drywall dry out and begins to peel off, dust, cracks. But having spent a little work, drywall can be improved in all respects and make an excellent screen out of it.
Preparation of drywall
To sew the battery with drywall, it should be prepared. First of all, a special needle roller for drywall (see. rice) roll the wrong side of the cut blanks. The roller is not necessary to buy, you can rent. The key is small, the tool is rarely broken, it is weak, so the rent is small, and the work is for half an hour or an hour. Then the blanks twice on each side are impregnated with a water emulsion PVA. It is inexpensive, and it will take 2-3 liters.
- Polymer emulsion impregnation improves thermal conductivity.
- The holes from the punch create thermal bridges from the inside out.
- Drywall soaked in polymer emulsion does not dry out.
- The paint is well fallen on the impregnated drywall, giving an even layer.
- The cut of drywall processed in this way with an electric or manual jigsaw is clean; After additional processing with a skin and painting, a product that came out of skillful hands looks no worse than a plastic factory.
Now you can start making the screen.
Screen for heating radiator with increased heat transfer
The screen cut with a heating radiator that provides not inferior to the initial heat transfer is shown in the figure. In addition to the described above, the design has two highlights: an aerodynamic visor and an injector of warm air. They are made from tin, galvanizing, or even from cardboard. In the latter case, the inside of the visor must be pasted over with aluminum foil (a baking sleeve is suitable).
The visor is necessary not only for the old “cast iron”. For aluminum radiators, it is even more necessary. Without it in the corner under the windowsill, or the upper shelf of the clock, the warm air cushion described above is formed, which can completely block convection. The aluminized surface of the visor addressed to the radiator reinstalls a certain share of the IR. For money, the score goes on a penny, but for the heating season of these cents these are a lot of these.
The injector sucks warm air from the front side of the radiator. Please note that its output is made with some narrowing. On “Small Gaza”, the injector practically does not work, but with increased heating the thrust is intensified and the warm air on top of “falls in clubs”. Literally, if you check with smoke.
In general, with a strong heating, the total heat flow from such a design is more estimated in free space. Where a radiator in a regular screen copes worse and worse, the radiator in the screen with a visor and an injector “Kochegarit” more and more stronger and stronger.
Note: The option of an injector for a cast-iron harmonic battery is shown. For a modern radiator, the injector should be lowered to the lower edge of the upper snot sniff.
Injector and visor are non.critical to size, it is enough to do it approximately as shown in the figure. If necessary, you can bend or bend.
Fixing the screen to the wall. any. It is best, of course, threaded studs in anchor tsangs, but they are worth a lot, so any wooden churbachki are also suitable. But an important condition for the effective operation of the design: the total area of elements of the front surface should be less than such intervals between them. With the regular structure of the crate, wooden rails or strips of drywall should already be intervals. In this case, with old cast.iron batteries, the elements of the crate are preferable to dispose vertically.
So, now you know how to make a heating radiator by decoration of the interior without losing warmth and comfort. A good winter in a warm apartment!