How To Make A Presentation On A Windows 7 Computer
Many became spectators of various kinds of speeches or reports, which were supported by visual images and comments on the screen. I want to emphasize right away. there is nothing complicated in this and even a computer novice can create something like that. Now I will tell you in which program to make a presentation and how to properly arrange it.
In most cases, PowerPoint is used to create presentations. But recently a very interesting software has appeared that can pretend to completely replace Microsoft products in the future. Prezi. However, for inexperienced people, it is recommended to start with PP.
Creation example in PowerPoint 2016
I propose moving from theory to practice and demonstrating the phased creation of a presentation using PowerPoint 2016.
Initially, you can go in two ways:
- make slides yourself;
- Ask for ready-made templates for help.
If there is no time to bother with the design manually or you are new to the world of creating presentations, I recommend the option with templates. So do the following:
- Launch PowerPoint 2016.
- On the main page, click on the template of interest.
- Choose your preferred color scheme and click the “Create” button.
- That’s it, now you have your first slide ready, which can be filled with text, graphics and images. To create a new one, simply click on the “Create Slide” button in the “Insert” tab.
There are times when expectations are not true and you need to change the background of the slide or even the template. But it’s not a problem:
- Go to the Design tab.
- Click on the template of interest from the “Themes” block.
- Select a color scheme in the “Options” block.
You can also fine-tune the background:
- Click on the “Background Format” button.
- Select the desired background option: gradient and pattern fill, image support, or removal of all background pictures that came with the template.
- Click the “Apply to All” button to save changes to all slides or do not click anything to save only on the current one.
Standard fonts can not always convey the context and “zest” of your presentation, especially if it is made not in an official style, but in an arbitrary style. Therefore, formatting text is a common occurrence during the creation of a slide show. To do this, repeat the following steps:
- Highlight the necessary content in the slide block.
- Go to the “Home” tab.
- Select the style, size and effect of interest in the “Font” block.
If you want something unusual, I can recommend the settings of the “Format” menu section. For this:
- Select the text in the block of interest.
- Go to the “Format” tab.
- Apply effects from the WordArt Styles and Shape Styles blocks.
No pictures anywhere. No wonder they are used in almost every presentation. To add them you need:
- Go to the “Insert” tab.
- Click on the “Picture” button.
- Select an image and click the “Insert” button.
- Open the “Format” tab, adjust the image to your taste: from brightness and contrast to color correction and creating contours.
One of the key points of presentation design. To set up a slide change animation:
- Click the Transitions tab.
- Choose the most appropriate animation.
- Optionally set the transition sound and slide duration.
- Choose a way to switch to the next slide: by mouse click or after a fixed amount of time.
This function is rarely used in real life, but if adding an audio effect or music track is important, repeat the steps below:
- Open the “Insert” tab and click “Sound”. “Audio files on the computer”.
- Select the file you want to add to the slide.
- In the “Work with Sound”. “Playback” tab that appears, configure the playback features, such as the fade-out time, playback during the entire presentation or only on the current slide, the moment of start.
How to transfer a presentation to a USB flash drive
This is nothing complicated, but first you need to save the presentation. For this:
- Click File.
- In the window that appears, click on the “Save As” button and select a directory to save the file.
- Connect the USB flash drive to the computer in the appropriate slot.
- Next, go to the folder with the presentation, click RMB on the object and select “Send”. “USB Flash Drive F”.
Now you know in which program to make a presentation on the computer and how to do it correctly. If there are comments, questions or suggestions. you are welcome in the comments.