How To Make A Modem With A Smartphone
So, today’s instruction is devoted to how to connect an Android device as a modem. If you have repeatedly encountered a situation where the Internet is really needed, and only a laptop or tablet with the ability to access the Internet via 3G is at hand, then this instruction will be useful for you.
There are several ways in which each user can connect their Android as a modem.
How to connect Android as a modem: method number 1.
This method is suitable for those devices (modern smartphones and tablets running Android 4.0 and higher) that have the ability to enable the distribution of the Internet via USB, without installing additional software.
We go to “Settings“. Other networks. Modem and access point. Next, we need to connect our device to a computer or laptop via USB. After connecting the device to the computer, the item “USB modemWill be active and when you click it, you can use the Internet’s Android’a on your computer or laptop. Do not forget to enable mobile data on your device; otherwise, you will not be able to use the Internet.
How to connect Android as a modem: method number 2.
So, the second method is suitable for owners of old devices (Android 2.1 and below), as well as devices running Android 4.0 and higher.
- and install it on your device.
- Turn on the “Debugging via USB” mode, for this you need to go to Settings. Applications Development. USB debugging.
- Then. After that, install this client on your computer (the tray icon displays in the form of a phone).
- We connect a smartphone or tablet running Android using USB to a computer. Launch the PdaNet application on the mobile device and select “Enable USB Tether” in the main menu.
- If the system prompts you to install drivers, then we must install them.
- In the tray, we find the icon for the desktop version of PdaNet and in the pop-up window select the item “Connect Internet”.
On this, the process of setting up Internet via USB can be considered complete.
How to connect Android as a modem: method number 3.
The third method, like the first, is suitable for users of devices on Android 4.0 and higher, but for this we do not have to use USB, but just select Wi-Fi in the settings.
Go to “Settings“. Other networks. Modem and access point. And activate the portable access point. Next, click on the item Portable access point. Customization. specify the network name, select the protection level: open or WPA2 PSK (using a password). After all the fields are completed, click “SaveAnd use the Internet on a tablet, smartphone or other device that uses Wi-Fi.