How to Launch Bios On a Toshiba Satellite Laptop
To install Windows 7 or Windows 8, you need to make additional settings in the BIOS, namely set to boot either a USB flash drive or drive.
Let’s see how this is done using the Toshiba Satellite laptop as an example.
- Turn on the laptop and press the F2 key on the keyboard to enter the BIOS.
- We need to go to the Boot tab.
To do this, several times press the right arrow on the keyboard until the tab we need is highlighted in white.
In the Boot tab, we see all the devices from which you can boot Windows.
For example, the drive is displayed as the first item, and the hard drive as the second item.
- Suppose we need to install Windows from a flash drive. She is in this list the 5th item.
To boot from a flash drive, we need to select it and move it to the first position among the listed devices.
To do this, we need to press the F8 key. If we press the F7 key, then the position we have chosen will go down.
- Suppose we need to move the CD / DVD to the third position, and the HDD to the second.
To do this, either select the CD / DVD and press the F7 key on the keyboard, or select the HDD and press F8.
Here’s what happened after the move:
- If you want to install Windows from the installation disk, then in the same way we move to the first position of the CD / DVD.
After we have made the necessary settings, we need to switch from the Boot tab we have selected to the Exit tab.
- The settings made by us must be saved.
To do this, select the line Exit Saving Changes and press Enter twice on the keyboard.
A pop-up window appears on the screen asking you to confirm the exit and save the changes.
7. After the actions taken, the computer reboots itself.
When rebooting, press the F2 key on the keyboard, the Boot Menu opens.
It lists the devices that you can use to install Windows.
You can select any device from the list using the up / down arrows on the keyboard, moving from one line to another.
For example, we want to boot Windows from a USB flash drive, select the first line and press Enter.
- If the USB flash drive with the Windows image is already on the computer, then we see how the installation of Windows begins
The whole sequence of actions can be seen on the at the link below