How To Know Where A Phone Is By Geolocation
If you lose your Android phone or tablet, as well as Wear OS watches, you can find, block or delete all data from them. If you’re signed in to your Google Account on the device, the function “Find device” enabled by default. Learn more about making sure that a feature “Find device” works…
In order for you to find your Android phone, block it, or delete data from it, the following conditions must be met.
- The device must be turned on.
- It must be associated with a Google Account.
- It must be connected to the Internet.
- It must be available on the Play Store.
- Function “Location” must be enabled.
- Function “Find device” must be enabled.
How to find out where the device is, block it or delete data from it
- Go to android.com/find and sign in with your Google Account.
- If you use multiple phones, select the one you want at the top of the screen.
- If there are several user profiles on the lost phone, then log in to the Google account of the main profile. Learn more about adding users, deleting them, and switching between them.
- A notification will be sent to the lost phone.
- Information on where the phone is located will appear on the map.
- Location is approximate.
- If it could not be determined, you will see where the phone was last seen.
- Select an action. If necessary, first press Lock device and delete data.
- Make a call. The signal will play for five minutes at full volume, even if the device is in vibration mode or the sound is muted.
- Lock device. The device will be locked using a PIN code, pattern or password. If they were not configured, you can lock the screen, and also add a message or phone number to it so that the finder can return the device to you.
- Clean device. All data will be deleted from the phone without the possibility of recovery (but the information on the SD cards can be saved). After this function “Find device” will no longer work.
Important! To use the phone from which all data has been deleted, you will need to enter the password for your Google account. Read more about protecting your device from strangers.
Tip. Connect your phone with Google to find it and call it using the search query Where is my phone on google.com.
- Open app “Find device” on another Android phone or tablet.
If the application is not installed, download it from Google Play.
- Log in to your account.
- If you have lost your device, click Continue as [your name].
- If you are helping another user find a device, select Log in as a guest, so that this person can use his account.
- Follow the instructions above.
If you lose your phone or tablet connected to the Wear OS by Google smartwatch, you might be able to find it using them. Learn more about finding your phone using your watch.