How To Install Ios 8 On Iphone And Ipad
Before telling how to install iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad, we will consider what innovations in the operating system owners of iPhones expect and for which gadgets it is suitable for. And then directly the installation process of iOS 8.
So, let’s start with the innovations:
- HandOff, integrated with OS X Yosemite and includes a set of maternal functions;
- Health app
- SDK App Store Extensions. a set that will inevitably defeat most of the benefits of Android OS;
- the modules for developers and the interface will add a lot of small and large solutions that can surprise everyone and everyone.
Regarding gadgets, the OS will be compatible with:
- iPhone 5s iPhone 5c iPhone 5 iPhone 4s
- iPod touch 5G;
- iPad Air iPad 4 iPad 3; iPad 2; iPad mini iPad mini Retina.
Now, knowing everything you need to start the installation, you can proceed directly to it. To avoid unnecessary questions, such as installing ios 8 on an iPad and iPhone, what is the difference and the like. the installation is exactly the same. We divide the whole process into several stages.
Step 1. Preparing to install iOS 8 on iPhone, iPad
- Putting ios 8 on an iPhone is very easy, but you need to start from afar. If you do not want to lose all your data on the gadget. back up data on iTunes or iCloud (in other words, backup). To do this, go to Settings in the program with which you will backup, and select the files that you want to save.
- Make backup of the previous OS so that in case of unsuccessful installation of the new OS, the old one remains unchanged.
- If someone thinks how to upgrade iPhone to iOS8 without having a UDID registration in the developer’s account, let him not worry, device registration is not needed to install this OS.
- You need to download an OS that is suitable specifically for your gadget and unzip it (sometimes an archived version is downloaded).
- We update iTunes to the latest version on the computer with which we will update the OS on the gadget.
Step 2. Install iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad
- Using the original cable (and only it!) We connect the updated device to the computer.
- In the updated iTunes tab “Overview” choose Shift “Refresh” (for Mac OS, hold Option instead of Shift).
- In the window that opens, find the downloaded firmware and select it (click “Open”)
- We agree to upgrade the iPad to iOS 8 (or another device) by first agreeing to check Apple updates, and then clicking “Refresh”.
- We are calmly waiting for the end of the update.
After all the operations done, the new OS will calmly serve its owner until the release of the new firmware. If the owner of the gadget does not like it, the latter can roll back the downloaded update to an older version.