How To Install iOS 13 On iPhone 6
IOS 13 released. How to update iPhone and iPod touch. “over the air” and via PC
Apple has released the final version of iOS 13 for supported iPhone and iPod touch models. The update is now available for download and can be installed over the air or through iTunes / Finder.
How to update to iOS 13
First, free up some space. Upgrading to iOS 13 weighs up to 3.1 gigabytes depending on the device, which means that your device should have at least 3.5 gigabytes of free space.
Second, create a backup. Before installing the update, organize a full backup of the system, applications and your personal data. This can be done using iCloud in device settings or using iTunes / Finder on your computer. When creating a backup from a PC, Safari bookmarks, mail accounts, notes, call history and calendar events will also be saved.
Updating to iOS 13 through settings
Go to “Settings” → “General” → “Software update”;
Wait for the update to appear and click “Download”;
Click Install to start the update. You can also tap Later and choose Remind Me Later or Install Tonight. If you chose the latter option, just put the device on charge before going to bed. It will update automatically.
Updating to iOS 13 via computer
Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed on your computer. In the case of macOS Catalina, you will have to use the Finder;
Connect your device to your computer, open iTunes / Finder and select your device from the left menu;
Download the iOS 13 image for your device from this site (when it appears there);
Press the Update button while holding down the Option (Shift) key and select the iOS 13 firmware you downloaded earlier;
Confirm the installation and wait for the end of the procedure;
Gadget settings from scratch or restore an earlier backup created. Only suitable with iOS 12.4.1 or earlier.
How to downgrade from iOS 13.1 beta to the released iOS 13
Download the firmware file: select the desired section (iPhone, iPad or iPod touch), click on the model of your device and download iOS 13 (or 12.4.1);
Connect your iPhone or iPod touch to your computer using the supplied USB cable and open iTunes / Finder;
Now you need to put the device into DFU mode. If you own an iPhone 7 and 7 Plus or iPhone 8 and 8 Plus, then read this guide, and if you have an iPhone X and newer, follow this guide. For older iPhones, follow these steps:
- Connect your device to your computer;
- Turn off the device;
- Now press and hold the “Power” button for 3 seconds;
- Then hold down the “Home” button without releasing the “Power” button for 10 seconds;
- Release the Power button, but continue to hold the Home button until the iTunes app is notified that the device is in recovery mode;
- In the appeared click on the “Ok” button.
Press and hold Alt / Option on Mac or Shift on Windows, and then select Restore iPhone. (iPod touch);
In the window that appears, specify the path to the previously downloaded iOS 13 firmware file. IPSW;
Select “Repair and Update” and follow the instructions on the screen;
iTunes will check the firmware file and install it on your device. The process will take about 10 minutes;
When the rollback process is complete, the device displays “Hello” on the display. After completing the system configuration process, you can restore data on the device from a backup or configure the system from scratch.
What is iOS 13 Developer Profile
After the September presentation, Apple offered licensed IT professionals to download the iOS 13 developer profile. In principle, this is a standard procedure, but with the release of the new firmware it became more difficult to do this.
For starters, it’s worth mentioning that the developer profile is such a feature for those who are involved in creating applications on the iOS platform. Simply put, by activating it, programmers and IT studios can test their product before the official release.
And if earlier anyone could install iOS 13 beta, now, as Apple representatives say, “beta firmware was created for developers and nothing more.” Nevertheless, with the help of some loopholes, you can still activate the mode without a license.
The firmware information will indicate that this is a beta version
Important! If you put it in beta, many mobile apps like social media or online banking might not work. In principle, this mode should be used on the gadget that you do not mind.
How to upgrade iPhone 7 and above to iOS 13
Now it’s time to download iOS 13 to a gadget that can handle the firmware requirements. As stated above, iPhone 6S and 7 are the oldest Apple phones to support the new software.
Important! It is best to back up your device before proceeding with the update. This will protect the user from crashes during installation, or SIMply allow you to return to the old firmware if the new version does not suit your taste.
To create a backup, you need:
- Go to gadget settings.
- Go to the first section.
- Select iCloud.
- Click on the item “Backup”.
- Activate all sliders and wait a few minutes while the system archives data.
In order not to lose your data in the event of an update failure, it is better to use a backup
The same can be done via iTunes:
- Connect iPhone 7 to PC.
- Open the program and wait for synchronization.
- Click on the icon of the connected gadget (above).
- Next, click on the section “Automatic creation of copies”
- Select “This PC”.
- Click “Create a copy now”.
- Wait for the end of the process.
Now you can safely upgrade without worrying about a bad outcome.
Itunes backup can be saved to PC files
To install iOS 13 on iPhone 7, you need:
- Go to the “Settings” menu.
- Click on “Basic”.
- Followed by “Software Update”.
- Wait until the system scans the device and the “Download” button appears. Press.
- Select “Install” in the pop-up window. At this point, the system will prompt you to install later or at night. Better to choose the second option, since the update usually takes about an hour.
Note! The presence of the Internet when updating is strictly required.
If the installation was moved overnight, it remains only to put the phone on charge before going to bed. In the morning it will already be updated to the latest current version.
You can find out that a new version of the OS is available in the “Software update” section
You can also update iOS to version 13 via a computer. But it’s important to note that only Apple’s PC will work for this. The instruction is as follows:
- Install the latest version of iTunes (if Catalina is installed, then launch Finder).
- Connect iPhone to PC via USB.
- Run the utility and select the connected gadget.
- Download iOS 13 file package from the official website.
- In iTunes or Finder, click on the gadget icon and go to the “Browse” section in the left menu.
- After clicking on “Update”, while you need to hold down the “Options” button, it is “Shift”, and in the pop-up window select the above file.
- Confirm the intention to update and wait until the end of the procedure.
During the procedure, the iPhone will reboot and turn on automatically when finished. It remains only to disconnect from the PC and use.
Finder can be found in the Quick Access Toolbar
How to access iOS 13 Beta profile
The principle of activating the iOS 13 beta profile is SIMilar to a SIMple firmware update using a PC on MAC X OS, which was mentioned above. But there is a small amendment. This also requires an Apple computer, but additionally with a beta version of the operating system. According to the official instructions, you need either beta macOS 10.15 Catalina, or or Xcode 11. But if neither one nor the other, you can use special driver programs. For this, the familiar MobileDevice or any other analogue is suitable for many. The utility still needs a PC with an Apple operating system.
A complete list of what you need:
- The aforementioned PC with the corresponding OS or program;
- Installed the latest iTunes or Finder (if there is a version of Catalina);
- USB cable;
- Downloaded iOS 13 beta (easy to find on the Internet);
- Iphone from the seventh generation or SE (which is not a shame).
Note! If any beta version of iOS is already installed on your smartphone, you need to uninstall it by going to the settings, section “General” and in the item “Profile”.
When everything is ready, the process is as follows:
- Install a pre-downloaded utility (if the required OS version is not available).
- Launch iTunes or Finder.
- Connect iPhone via USB.
- Wait for synchronization.
- In iTunes or Finder (the utility must be the most recent) click on the device icon and go to the “Overview” section in the left menu.
- Then click in the new field on “Update”, while you need to hold down the “Options” button, it is “Shift”, and in the pop-up window select the pre-downloaded beta firmware.
- Wait for iPhone to finish updating.
- Quit iTunes and turn off your phone.
How to delete an old beta profile
If everything is done correctly, developer rights will be activated, and the user gets something like Root rights in Android.
Latest iOS version for iPhone 5s and 6
Apple stopped supporting the fifth and sixth generation of iPhones after the release of iOS 12.4.1. That is, this is the maximum version of the operating system that can be installed on 5, 5S, 6 and 6 plus.
You can see which iOS the phone has been updated to in the settings by going to the “General” section, followed by “About this device”. The current firmware will be indicated opposite “Version” or “Software Update”. If it is below 12.4.1, then in the same tab “Basic” there is an item “Software Update”, where you can reflash the gadget to the latest supported version.
Important! The current list of smartphones that can be upgraded to version 13 starts with iPhone 7 and up. Iphone SE is also supported.
Ios 12 was the last for the fifth and sixth generation iPhones
How to upgrade to iOS 13 iPhone 6 or higher
It’s no secret that the software of Apple gadgets evolves accordingly with their filling. In 2019, with the release of iPhone 11, developers from Cupertino presented a new version of the operating system, which, according to them, became revolutionary for the company. How to update iPhone 6 to iOS 13 and 5th generation gadgets below.
How to install iOS 13 on iPhone 5s
In fact, back in 2019, Apple announced that with the release of the 11th generation of the legendary smartphone and the new version of iOS, it would stop supporting the frankly outdated iPhones 6 and older. Therefore, the owners of the 5S model did not receive a notification about the release of a fresh update.
The new version of Apple’s software is popular due to the presence of night mode
Unfortunately, the efforts of third-party developers and fighters against the capitalists from Cupertino also came to nothing. There are no keys to installing iOS 13 on unsupported iPhones today.
Note! In fact, it makes no sense to install the thirteenth version of the firmware on 5 S, since due to the high requirements, the characteristics of the phone will not pull the normal operation of the software.
How to upgrade iPhone 6 to iOS 13
The same goes for iPhone 6 owners. While you can find photos of the dark design of the iOS 13 iPhone 6 on the web, it was actually a joke.
We are talking about a post by the popular hacker NighttigerFTW, who said he was able to bypass Apple’s blocking. However, he could not tell how he managed to install iOS 13 on iPhone 6, and after a series of critical comments from colleagues, he said that it was a joke.
The same photo of iOS 13 on iPhone 6, shared on
Note! Many users believe that Apple has also dropped support for 6S and 6S Plus, but this is not the case.
Why iOS 13 won’t install
There are several reasons why the new iOS may not be installed. For instance:
- Incompatibility between firmware and gadget;
- Lack of the Network;
- There is not enough space in the internal memory of the device;
- The phone needs a forced restart.
It is worth considering each reason separately. In the first case, as mentioned above, the owner of the gadget should check whether the iPhone model for updating is supported or not. If, after the firmware was released, the device did not receive a notification about the possibility of installing a new OS, then most likely this option is excluded.
As for the second point, incorrect cellular network settings are a popular problem. There are usually no such discrepancies with a Wi-Fi connection, so you need to:
- Go to “Settings”.
- Section “Cellular”.
- To the item “Cellular data”.
- Make sure Cellular is enabled.
Important! If there are problems, then go to the settings, in the “General” section, select “Reset network settings” and restart the gadget.
The most common reason is the lack of internal memory of the device. New iOS requires at least 5 GB. In this case, it is obvious that you need to check the gadget for the presence of this space. If not, then allocate the available volume.
In terms of forced reboots, users discovered this bug when they first started updating to the new iOS. In this case, you need:
- On iPhone 6S, press the Home and the Power / Power button at the same time. Hold until the Apple logo lights up on the screen;
- On the seven, SIMultaneously hold down the volume down and power button. Similarly, wait for the logo to appear;
- On eight and newer, first quickly press and immediately release the volume up button, then also quickly do this with the adjacent volume down button. Then press and hold the “Switch on” / “Switch off” button.
Important! On the latest versions, after a reboot, the system will additionally ask you to log in using your fingerprint.
IOS 13.3 is already available in early 2020
Summing up the above, it turns out that the new software released in 2019 from Apple no longer supports the company’s smartphones released before 2014. Users of these gadgets, unlike others, have not received an update notification. Owners of iPhones 6s and above can install iOS 13 as standard through settings or by connecting to iTunes on a PC. With the release of a fresh operating system, a test mode is also available to developers.
[Updated] Enthusiast installed iOS 13 on iPhone 6. How he did it?
In early June, Apple announced its new mobile operating system iOS 13. The update can be safely called a landmark, because the system debuted many long-awaited features: a dark mode of the interface, a download manager in the browser, support for any external storage devices and even a swype keyboard. Alas, all these innovations will not be received by owners of outdated smartphones. Iphone 5s, iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, since Apple has stopped software support for these devices. Nevertheless, a way out of this situation was found.
An enthusiast hiding under the pseudonym NightigerFTW succeeded in the impossible. He managed to adapt and install iOS 13 beta 1 on his iPhone 6. In support of his words, the user posted several pictures of his smartphone with the assembly of the new system installed.
According to the developer, it’s all about a vulnerability in the bootloader. The flaw only affects iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. Therefore, running iOS 13 on iPhone 5s will not work with all the desire.
According to the developer, the IPSW firmware file from the iPhone 6s was taken as a basis. The enthusiast made certain changes to the firmware file before installing the beta build became possible.
The author of the project preferred to keep quiet about the details and nuances. Since in the future he plans to release a special version of iOS 13 for the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. If the vulnerability is disclosed here and now, Apple can quickly close the gap and put an end to the plans of the enthusiast. For the same reason, the developer did not publish the modified assembly in the public domain.
Notably, many experienced developers have criticized NightigerFTW. In their opinion, the enthusiast is misleading everyone. Even the famous hacker pwn20wnd, who jailbreak iOS 11 and iOS 12, has spoken out.
A scenario like this does look a little weird, since no one has previously been able to launch new versions of iOS on unsupported devices. However, hope is the last to die.
In the “Mail” application on the control panel, the location of the delete and reply buttons to a message, which were previously located nearby, was changed, which led to accidentally clicking the wrong icon.
The toolbar now displays the always visible 4 icons:
- Send to cart.
- Move message to new mailbox.
- Multifunctional button “Reply”.
- Create a new letter.
The “Reply” button opens a menu with several common functions like “Reply”, “Reply to all”, “Forward”, “Archive”.
Also, in the mail application, errors were fixed, due to which letters could be displayed in the wrong order, and empty lines were displayed in the list of conversations. Removed spontaneous closing of Mail when tapping the Share button in Quick View.
In the iOS 13.4 Beta code, there is a mention of the CarKey API, which allows automakers to create apps to integrate into Wallet. However, the final version did not functionally receive its support.
But the CarPlay panel now displays:
- Support for third-party navigation apps.
- Information about the current call.
The developers also fixed the CarPlay bug, due to which the displayed area in the “Maps” application could move away from the current area and fixed the problem, interrupting the connection to some car models.
How to install iOS 13.4
Ios 13.4 is compatible with the following devices:
- Iphone SE, 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus, X, XR, XS, XS Max, 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max.
- Ipad mini 4, Air, Air 2, iPad 5th and 6th generation.
- Ipad Pro 9.7-inch, 10.5-inch, 11-inch, and 12.9-inch all three generations.
- Ipod touch 6th and 7th generation.
You can install iOS 13.4 directly from your device by updating “over the air” through “Settings”. “General”. “Software Update”.
To update to iOS 13.4 using Finder or iTunes on a Mac or PC:
- Create a backup via iTunes or Finder (make it encrypted so that all passwords and other personal data are safely stored).
- Connect iPhone or iPod touch with USB to Lightning cable or USB to computer.
- Open iTunes or Finder and click the Update button in the General tab.
- Agree to the terms.
- The download will start, after which the system will be updated (it takes about 10 minutes).
For example, if you upgrade from iOS 13.2.3 to 13.4, there is no turning back. Whether it is worth putting it, decide for yourself.
Performance and autonomy
You are probably wondering how different iOS 13.4 is in speed from previous versions.
Iapplebytes ran a speed test on iPhone SE, 6s, 7, 8, and XR to see the difference in speed between iOS 13.3.1 and iOS 13.4. All devices booted faster with iOS 13.4.
The interface appears to be smoother on iPhones running iOS 13.4. But in fact, the benchmark results don’t show any dramatic performance differences between devices running 13.3.1 or 13.4. There are practically no performance differences between them.
After this test, the guys from iAppleBytes tested the battery of the same smartphones on iOS in Geekbench and compared the battery life with how they worked on iOS 13.3.1. The results are very interesting.
Almost all iPhones tested immediately showed a slight decrease in battery life after installing the iOS 13.4 update, compared to iOS 13.3.1.
However, with the exception of the iPhone 7 and iPhone 8, the rest of the smartphones later showed decent improvements in battery life and even surpassed their scores on iOS 13.3.
So don’t be discouraged if you notice that your iPhone battery is draining faster than usual after installing the iOS 13.4 update. You should wait a few days to assess the actual impact of the update on battery life.
New Memoji Stickers
Minor updates like these always contain a bunch of new features, bug fixes and security fixes. In this regard, iOS 13.4 does not differ from previous versions of the mobile operating system.
New features include 9 additional types of Memoji stickers.
Icloud Shared Folders
One of the most anticipated features arrives, first shown at WWDC last summer. With the release of iOS 13.4, iPadOS 13.4 and macOS 10.15.4, users can finally share iCloud folders.
If the folder has no content to share, then its menu looks usually.
Select “Share” and you will be able to add or remove users, as well as assign access rights to each folder: only invitees or anyone who has a link.
You can restrict the access level for each user:
- Making changes and adding files.
- View and download files only.
Apple finally lets you buy apps for iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, Mac and Apple TV as one purchase.
The new version of the Xcode 11.4 developer app automatically includes “one-stop shopping” based on the cross-platform Project Catalyst. That is, by purchasing an application for iOS, it becomes available on iPadOS, macOS and tvOS.
You can now continue playing through the Apple Arcade you recently played on your iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, Mac, or Apple TV. Available games are displayed in the Arcade tab of the App Store.
Finally, in the games section of the App Store, in the “See all »made a list view.
What’s new in iOS 13.4, how to install the update
Ios 13.4 was the fourth and probably the last phase of the iOS 13 update. With it, iPhone users received not only bug fixes, but also new functionality.
In this article we will tell you what’s new in iOS 13.4, the release date of which is March 24, 2020, which devices it is compatible with, and how to install iOS 13.4 over the air or using iTunes / Finder, look at the performance test results.
The Safari browser in iOS 13.4 has been enhanced with Intelligent Tracking Protection to completely block third-party cookies.
Cross-site cookies are blocked by default, which improves privacy. The same got the version for iPadOS 13.4 and macOS 10.15.4.
The new Safari is the first browser to completely block third-party cookies by default. With this, the Apple WebKit development team wants to show an example for the developers of other browsers to do the same.
It’s fair to say that Microsoft’s new Chromium-powered Edge browser does a good job of blocking user tracking by websites.
We also fixed a bug in Safari where colors on web pages would not be inverted when both Dark Mode and Smart Invert were active.
We also fixed the incorrect display of the CAPTCHA and the invisibility of the copied text when pasting, when the Dark Mode is enabled.
- Non-monobrow iPhones (iPhone 8 and below) get a VPN disconnect indicator in the status bar.
- AR Quick View now supports audio playback in USDZ files.
- Fixed a bug in the “Camera” application, due to which after starting the viewfinder, a black screen was displayed.
- Fixed a bug due to which the use of excess storage by the “Photos” application could be displayed.
- Fixed a bug in the Photos app that could cause the image export to Messages to fail if iMessage is disabled.
- Fixed a bug in Settings, due to which the function of data transfer over the cellular network could be erroneously displayed as disabled.
- Fixed bugs due to which the Reminders application did not send new notifications about a missed recurring reminder until it was marked as completed or sent notifications about already completed reminders.
- Fixed an issue that could cause iCloud Drive to appear as available in Pages, Numbers, and Keynote even if not signed in.
- Fixed a bug in Apple Music that could prevent streaming of high quality video clips.
- Added support for predictive input in Arabic.
On February 27, 2020, the third beta version was released, in which signs of a new iPhone feature on iOS 13.4 were discovered. Restoring a smartphone over Wi-Fi, without using iTunes.
Unfortunately, we did not see this feature in the final update, which was likely because the feature found in the beta version was inactive.
Typically, you need a macOS or Windows computer to restore iPad or iPhone firmware. It looks like Apple is planning to implement an Internet recovery system. A SIMilar feature that has been present in macOS for many years. But later.
The OS recovery function can work over the Internet (wirelessly) and also connect iPhone or iPad to another SIMilar device via USB (SIMilar to Apple’s migration tool).