How to Install a Web Browser On Apple TV
Surely every user of the Apple TV set-top box would like to have a full-fledged web browser on their home device, with which you can surf the Internet without getting up from the couch. This is especially convenient with the launch of the new Apple TV Remote, which has a touch pad. In this article we will tell how to install tvOSBrowser on Apple TV.
1. Connect your Apple TV set-top box to your Mac using a Type C USB cable.
2. Copy browser address tvOSBrowser, by following this link.
3. On Mac, open Xcode. You can read more about its installation and all ongoing actions at the moment in this material.
4. Go to the section Source control → Check out and paste the link to tvOSBrowser copied in the second paragraph, and click Next.
5. After installation, make sure that Apple TV is in the Browser section and click the “Play” If the message “Build failed”, Then go to the next paragraph of our instructions.
6. Open the Finder Explorer, go to the Programs section and right-click on Xcode → Show package contents.
7. Follow the following path Contents → Developer → Platforms → AppleTVOS.platform → Developer → SDKs → AppleTVOS.sdk → usr → include.
8. Double click on file Availability.h, to open the Xcode window.
9. Find the following line in the text:
#define TVOS_UNAVAILABLE OS_AVAILABILITY (tvos, unavailable)
#define TVOS_PROHIBITED OS_AVAILABILITY (tvos, unavailable)
and replace it with the following:
#define TVOS_UNAVAILABLE_NOTQUITE OS_AVAILABILITY (tvos, unavailable)
#define TVOS_PROHIBITED_NOTQUITE OS_AVAILABILITY (tvos, unavailable)
10. Save the changes.
eleven. Repeat “5“By pressing the“Play“
12. Open the application “Browser”On Apple TV.
Now you can enjoy web surfing without getting up off the couch!