How to install a new version of Android on the phone
How to update the firmware on Android?
The user of the smartphone based on the Android OS, who already knows what to do if the phone does not turn on, and how to see what firmware is on the device, has an idea about the need for timely updating the system version. This can be done in several ways. Both directly on the phone or tablet, and using the computer. We’ll talk about the easiest ways to update Android.
To update the version of the software on your Fly, Lenovo or Samsung, the owner of the technique can use both the “sewn” method and alternative methods, including trying to “increase” the firmware in the recovery mode. There are many updating ways. The following will be told about the three least dangerous.
First of all, you should try to change the version of the Android on the phone or tablet to the new method, traditionally called FOTA; The abbreviation is deciphered as Firmware Over-the-Air-“Air Firmware”. During the manipulations, the user from his device checks the availability of fresh versions of software, and then in automatic mode receives and sets updates.
On the example of Samsung Galaxy, update smartphones this way in the following order:
- If so, the user will be proposed to perform an update. During the process, the device will be rebooted once or several times; If not, there will be a notification on the screen that the system is in the current condition.
- In order not to repeat the same type of manipulations in the future, it is recommended to include in the same section an automatic check of the availability of new firmware versions, as well as set up the update time. In order to avoid unexpected rebooting right during operation, it is recommended to choose night hours.
Important: some models, primarily the production of the PRC, can dump the settings on Android to factory during the update. This rarely happens, however, to prevent the loss of important data, it is strongly recommended to make backup copies before each “increase” of the firmware.
If we update the Android OS on a phone or tablet through standard “settings” is not possible, it is worth trying to install additional software that performs the same functions, for example Anycut (download. Play.Google.Com). It does not apply to the most popular applications for smartphones, but it works properly; To update the firmware version using this product, you will need:
- Download and Install the package from any source that deserves confidence, and then start the program and go to the main menu, slipping along three horizontal lines at the top of the left.
- The search for new versions will take a few seconds; As a result, as in the first example, the program will either notify the user about the possibility of changing the firmware of the Android OS, or report that the appropriate data was not detected.
Using this universal mobile application, you can update your phone or tablet on Android, after downloading a suitable firmware to the memory card. It is highly likely to be an archive with the extension of ZIP; it is not required to unpack it.
Procedure procedure with the program:
- Downloading (link. Play.Google.COM) and by installing the product, the owner of the device launches it and certainly agrees to install ClockworkMod Recovery. Without this package, an attempt to update the Android OS may end with the release of the phone or tablet.
- If the device already has a custom recovery (the same ClockworkMod or a more popular TWRP), selects the corresponding headline in the lower section on the main page.
- Flip through the opening menu of the “conductor” down and finds a catalog containing a previously downloaded renewal of android. To simplify the task, it is better to place the file directly in the root folder.
- How easy it is to guess, now the smartphone will be rebooted, and then for several minutes it will go to update the version of the Android OS. Before starting the process, it is recommended to activate additional options: creating a backup copy of the current firmware and preliminary cleaning of Kesh. In both cases, it is enough to transfer the sliders to the “Yes” position.
Tip: If during the update it is planned to add any other modules (for example, Wi-Fi) to the firmware, this can be done by pressing the Add Zip button and indicating the path to the corresponding archives. Observing the queen of files (from the main to additional) is not necessary, but it is desirable.
Finally, changing the version of the system on the phone or tablet without involving a computer, you can in the recreation mode. Custom or, if the model of the device “sewn up” allows ”. This is done in general terms as follows:
Android update on the phone
The update process on the Android OS phone is necessary to ensure stable work of the gadget. The update increases the performance of the smartphone, corrects the manufacturer’s mistakes and creates new opportunities for the user.
When changing the current version of Android from the user, attention and fulfillment of certain conditions. Before changing the OS, you must verify the following:
- Wi-Fi network is stable and reliable. This is an important point in a situation where a computer is not used when downloading.
- The smartphone is charged. The recommended battery charge is at least 50%.
- USB cable, with which the smartphone is connected to the PC, is working.
During the Android update, turn off the phone or take out the battery is prohibited. Interruption of the update process for these reasons can lead to a breakdown, which will not be able to fix it without contacting the service center. Before installing a new version of the system, it is recommended to transfer copies of your data to a cloud storage, removable media or save on a computer.
Preparatory measures before the procedure
Before updating the Android version, the following preliminary steps must be performed:
- Save the information important for the user from the memory of the apparatus on external media or to carry out a full backup of the OS;
- Fully charge the device;
- Decide on the installed version (official or from third.Party developers) and download it.
Installation of updates via FOTA
Often a notice of accessibility of the update comes automatically. This allows you to immediately move on to download and install a new system. If this does not happen, the check is required to be performed manually.
How To Install Android OREO On Any Android Phones (No Root)
Instructions for checking updates in the “clean” version of Android:
- Open the settings section.
- Sprinkle down and select “On the device”, in some devices “System Update” is made in settings.
- Click on the line “System update”.
- In the new window, select the line “check the update” or “download”. If the update is available.
- We expect downloading the firmware file. The process is performed in the background, so it is not necessary to keep the update window open.
- After the load is completed, a notification of the readiness of the installation will receive. It is required to click “restart and install”, after which the update will begin.
Instructions for checking updates in Xiaomi devices:
- We go to the settings.
- We go down to the very bottom, select the item “On the phone”.
- In the new window, select the “System Update” button.
- In the next window that appears, click on the “Check Update” button. We are waiting for the information update, and then click the “update” button if the updates are available.
- When using FOTA, user data are not deleted.
- You can not use FOTA if the bootloader is unlocked on the device, ROOT rights are obtained, third.Party or modified firmware or nucleus is installed. The probability of software or physical damage to the device is high.
- Often the use of FOTA leads to software damage due to the fault of the manufacturer. In this case, you need to contact a service center or store certified by the manufacturer, where the purchase was made.
- If the updates are available, but not a notification comes, you need to erase the data and cache of the Google Services Framework application. To do this, go to settings, then applications, then switch the display of system programs, select GSM, clean the cache and data. After that, it is required to again check the update. Often the notification does not appear immediately, you have to wait a few minutes or hours.
Ways to update the firmware
The owner of Android is available 4 ways to update the firmware:
Firmware update via FOTA
Reduced FOTA (OTA), translated from English Firmware Over The Air. Air firmware. The standard method for obtaining and updating the firmware for most devices on Android OS.
The principle of operation is to download the firmware from the manufacturer’s server and subsequent installation. The process is automated and does not need the participation of the owner. It is enough to check the updates, upload the file if you have it and allow the installation. To do this, open the settings section, select the “Updates” item and click on the update check button.
For Xiaomi devices with Miui, in addition to OTA, the second update method is available. If there is a firmware, just download the file to the phone, and then go through the standard update menu, where to select and install the firmware.
Advantages of the method in full automation. The owner does not need to delve into the process of installing the firmware and do not worry about the loss of warranty.
Disadvantage. Lack of prolonged support from most manufacturers. Some models do not get an update at all. Often there is an update in fact, but it is not possible to get a file from the server.
Firmware update through the factory recovery
Android devices are equipped with recovery mode. Recovery. The section is used mainly for resetting settings when the system does not load, but also quickly cleaning user data. In this case, the factory recovery mode allows you to install firmware updates, usually only an intermediate type. And for Xiaomi smartphones, this method is one of the main ones, to install a new firmware version.
The method is relevant when there is an update for the phone, but not downloaded through FOTA. Then it is enough to upload a update file called “update” in memory, it will be loaded into the recovery mode, where to select the file and start the update process.
The disadvantages include some difficulties with finding a update file. It is required to do more actions. Only the official firmware is subject to installation, the modifications cannot be installed. And since the device support cycle rarely exceeds more than a year, 1.5-2 years for flagships, updating the firmware will not always be obtained.
Firmware update using a computer
A computer is necessary to install a full firmware package or some sections. Often this method is used for official updating. And for some models, firmware of half.Stone assemblies is available. Partial modifications collected at the factory firmware.
When using this method, you will need a laptop. Another driver for a stitched device, a program for installing the system and the firmware file itself. The process is also not composed. It is enough to connect the device, start the program where to specify the path to the arrangement of the file and confirm the action. The rest will pass without the participation of the user.
The most crucial moment is the correctness of the selection of firmware. Typically, protective mechanisms prevent the installation of incorrect assembly, but sometimes there are exceptions, and the device has to be restored.
The advantages include the possibility of installing a full firmware package, which is relevant when the update is not available through Ota. Still flash “improved” stock, where the author can remove unnecessary programs and services, and in return put the best application option.
The drawback of the previous one. The update rests on the presence of firmware produced by the manufacturer. A computer, program, drivers and synchronization cable are also required.
Firmware updating using modified recovery
The previous three methods described the update of the standard system, where the installation rested on the presence of an intermediate or full firmware package. If the manufacturer has stopped support, updating the system will not work. In this case or when there is a desire to experience alternative firmware, for example Miui instead of a standard Android, custom, modified, firmware are available.
Development and support of such systems are carried out by enthusiasts or experienced programmers. The level of firmware debugging does not compare with large manufacturers of electronics. But allows you to install a fresh version of the OS on the old device and use new functions.
How To Install Android 11 on Any Android Phone | How to Update Android 11
Previously, the installation of the modified version of Recovery will be needed, for which it is required to unlock the bootloader. The method of unlocking for each model is different. Hacking through vulnerability, paid remote unlock or free unlocking through the manufacturer.
The advantages are to install new versions of the system, which is relevant when the manufacturer stopped maintaining the device. Also the installation of “nuclei” and other modifications, the creation of a backup of the system and the restoration of the system at any time.
Of the shortcomings. The need for third.Party recovery and unlocked bootloader. Also some time and knowledge from the owner.
Features of reinstalling OS
Android operating system is the most common and functional software for mobile devices. In addition, it has an open source code, which allows you to change and adjust the “axis” for itself even lovers.
But despite all its advantages, it is subject to failures and errors. Therefore, the need to reinstall Android is a matter of time.
And if everything is clear with Windows and there are no special problems with reinstalling, then the mobile OS is so easy not to reflash. If the OS is incorrectly reinstalled, you can ruin the phone.
Blockquotheli decided to reinstall Android on the phone on your own, then you must first familiarize yourself with a number of nuances and possible problems.
The process of Android reinstallation on a smartphone or tablet may have features depending on the manufacturer and model, as well as firmware.
Check the availability of update
Before moving on to advanced update methods, you should first use the built.In function. To do this, go to “Settings”, squeeze down to the “System” item, select advanced settings and click on the Check for Update check button).
If the update is available, then you will receive an appropriate notice, after which you will get the opportunity to download and install it. After installation, the smartphone will reboot and you can use Android 10.
Clockworkmod Recovery. A more powerful tool for working with installation of updates and other firmware. However, its installation is much more complicated than Rom Manager. In fact, this is a superstructure to the usual recovery (analogue of BIOS on PC) Android devices. With it, you can install a larger list of updates and firmware for your device, and the installation process itself will occur more smoothly.
Using this method involves resetting your device settings to a factory state. It is recommended to send all important files from the phone/tablet to another medium in advance.
But the installation of CWM Recovery has a certain complexity, and it is impossible to find it in the Play Market. Therefore, you will have to download the image on the computer and install it on Android using some third-party program. Clockworkmod Recovery installation instructions using ROM Manager is as follows:
- Throw the archive from CWM to the SD card, or the internal memory of the device. For installation, you will need the rights of a Root user.
- In the “Recovery” block, select “Flash ClockworkMod Recovery” or “Recovery Setup”.
So, now in your device there is a superstructure on ClockworkMod Recovery, which is an advanced version of the usual recovery. From here you can put updates:
- Download to the SD card, or the internal memory of the ZIP archive device with updates.
- Disconnect the smartphone.
- Enter the recovery, holding the power button and one of the volume control keys simultaneously. Which of the keys you need to stick depend on the model of your device. Typically, all key combinations are written in the documentation for the device or on the manufacturer’s website.
- When the recovery menu loads, select the Wipe Data/Factory Reset item. Here control takes place using the volume control keys (moving by menu items) and the inclusion key (selection of item).
You can update the device on the Android operating system in several ways. For inexperienced users, it is recommended to use only the first method, since in this way you are unlikely to be able to cause serious harm to the device of the device.