How to Install a Fork Player on Sony
ForkPlayer is a program or, as it can be called, a browser that can be installed on Sony TVs with the Smart TV function. It can also be installed on computers, devices based on Android, and Smart TVs from other manufacturers. With this application you can watch free online channels, movies and others from various sites. In addition, ForkPlayer gives access to view data that is also stored on a USB flash drive, a connected removable device, or in the built-in memory of a Smart TV.
This application has the same operation scheme as Opera mini, which was developed specifically for J2ME phones that do not support the ability to run a full Internet browser. ForkPlayer for Sony Smart TV receives all content directly from sites, after which it processes them and converts them to its own format.
Sony Smart TV’s modern TVs, of course, have regular Internet browsers, but often they are truncated, without a flash player, and when launching some sites, they may give an error that is connected with the lack of internal memory. ForkPlayer is much better in this regard, as it allows you to watchs or listen to music from any site without any problems. In addition, this widget installed on Sony Bravia Smart TV already has a list of the most popular sites and online movie theaters.
You can also create and save your playlists yourself. You can view them not only with Sony Bravia Smart TV, but also from your other devices on which ForkPlayer is installed. For this to become available to you, you must register on the official website of the application, go to your personal account and add existing devices to the list.
In addition, in ForkStore you can download and additionally install other unofficial applications for your Sony Smart TV. At the same time, it should be borne in mind that the features of the setup and installation, as well as the presence of certain functions may differ on different TVs depending on the year of their release.
Setup and installation
There are several ways to install the ForkPlayer widget on your Sony Bravia Smart TV. Now we will consider two basic instructions for installing it.
Method number 1
- To get started, you will need to go to the TV network connection setup menu;
- In the window that appears, select manual installation;
- After that, a window will appear in front of you, in which the original DNS will be registered. Instead, it will be necessary to enter 184.108.40.206. If this does not work, then instead write DNS 220.127.116.11 or 18.104.22.168;
- After that, the network connection will begin;
- After the connection is completed, launch the now.ru Theta or Lifeshow application through the Opera Store. As a result, the ForkPlayer widget will launch on your Sony Smart TV.
Method number 2
- First you need to go to the site publsh.tvstore.opera.com and register there;
- After registering on the above site, you can get an ID from the developer, which will be displayed on the Sony Bravia Smart TV in the Opera Store. In order to view it, you will need to go to Menu and go to the tab About. It should be noted that the ID number will be valid only 15 minutes. If during this time you do not have time to enter it in the required field, then you will need to get it again. To do this, click on #ID;
- The ID received from the developer will need to be entered in the appropriate column on the above site;
- After that, you will need to enter the name of the widget in the graph URL Loader specify a link to the site http://operatv.obovse.ru/2.5/ and save all this;
- As a result, in Opera Store a special category will appear called Develop.
If you need access to sites such as tre.tv or 6p6.to, then you will also need to change the DNS specified in the network settings of the Sony Smart TV. Instead of the DNS available there, 22.214.171.124 or 126.96.36.199 should be registered.