How To Insert A SIM Card Into A Samsung Tablet
How to find out your phone model
The model is designated with a special number containing information about the series, characteristics and functionality. The easiest way is to look in “Settings” and find the “About device” section there. If you have a removable cover, look for the desired data on the surface of the battery. The IMEI along with the serial number will also be found there. If you type # on the keyboard, you can get into the online databases where the required information is stored.
In order to correctly insert the SIM-card into “Samsung”, you should understand your model in advance. And here a SIMple Antutu application comes to the rescue. If that doesn’t work (which is unlikely), try combinations # or #. Not only the model of the gadget will be displayed, but also the software you are using.
The most common problem is related to guessing the “key”. Popular popular tools are paper clips, pins, needles. The more ideal you choose the pin diameter, the better. The second nuance is trimming the SIM card. Many Samsung owners cut the edges with scissors. In this case, you need to act precisely. The third problem is that the smartphone refuses to see the SIM card at all. Let’s see what we can do.
The phone does not see the SIM card
It is likely that your SIM card is SIMply faulty. You know how to insert a SIM card into “Samsung”, and you couldn’t be wrong, so why doesn’t the gadget accept the attachment? There may be several reasons:
- Expired shelf life;
- Poor pruning;
- Spoiled slot;
- Mechanical damage;
- Damaged contacts;
- Software failure;
- Card holder contamination.
Incorrectly cut SIM card
You are not dealing with an ordinary piece of plastic, but with a complex microcircuit. The slightest mistake will cause the SIM card to stop functioning. If the trimming is done incorrectly, contact your mobile operator. The point of service will replace your device, keeping your tariff plan and current balance. Examine the markings for accurate orientation.
How to insert SIM card into Samsung Galaxy. Step by step guide
Inserting a SIM card into a Samsung is much more difficult than untrained owners of other smartphones think. To perform this operation correctly is a whole art. And most of all the SIM adventure you try to put in the progressive Galaxy’s tray. Let’s make a reservation right away. The instruction is universal. What we are about to cover will work on both the A10 and the A50. Go.
How to insert a SIM card into a “Samsung” of a specific model
There are several varieties of SIMs, the instructions for inserting them will vary. Nowadays, phone models with two trays are gaining popularity. Both slots will be of the same type. Let’s list the types of SIM cards:
- Full-size (vintage for push-button gadgets);
- Mini (for devices produced in the tenth years);
- Micro (2003 product focused on LTE and 3G technologies);
- Nano (tiny premium SIM card with missing plastic edges).
Galaxy developers decided to use nano technology. At the same time, we were pleased with two slots and a microSD memory card. All cards are invested in the same way, but the localization of the trays is the result of design thinking. If you did not find a sticker with step-by-step instructions, proceed according to our guide. Now you will learn how to insert a SIM card into “Samsung”, even if you use A7 and A5. Our recommendations will be useful for all users of the zone.Ru. The steps are:
- Disable smartphone (or tablet).
- Find in the end of the tray cover.
- Look for a small dot. Key hole.
- Arm yourself with a needle and push it into the hole.
- Open and carefully remove the tray.
If you acted correctly, this is what will be revealed.
And here is the situation with the A30 model.
It should be borne in mind that there are several types of trays in mobile devices. The most common solutions are for one or two SIM cards. And there are also hybrid solutions and coupled with a memory card. The Galaxy A6, for example, has two nano slots and a microSD drive. Since the SIM cards have a bevel, it will be difficult to install them incorrectly. The same applies to tablets of the Tab S series, which are actively sold in the post-Soviet space. Act carefully. And you will achieve success.
To avoid a problem, handle trays and card modules with care. Do not let dirt get inside the phone, carefully cut the edges. If you can’t do something, contact the master. The gadget is still useful to you, do not break it.
Problems often arise in the event of incorrect cutting or installation of the card module. You are dealing with a fragile mechanism, and you should not make excessive efforts here. Re-eject the tray to make sure it is seated correctly. It should slide out easily.
We have figured out how to insert a SIM card into a Samsung Galaxy Tab, but remember that the clips are fragile. Sometimes the card falls inward. You will have to carefully pick it up with tweezers. If the task seems impossible, go to the service center.
How to find out your tablet model
Let’s go back to the preparatory stage and try to figure out where to climb to get information about your device. Suppose the cover of the device does not come off. You cannot read the information on the battery. Catch a universal aLGorithm for all Androids:
- Open “Settings” (gear icon).
- Go to the section “About the tablet” (sometimes. “About the device”).
- Scroll down.
- Find the “Model number” option.
Here you will see symbolic markings.
Go to Google and type in the received number. It turns out that you are dealing with a Galaxy Note 3 smartphone that supports LTE technology. This is the SIMplest example. Everything works the same with tablets.
Incorrectly cut SIM card
Some “craftsmen” themselves try to cut card modules, adjusting them to the nano standard. We do not recommend doing this kind of thing. The slightest violation of the dimensional grid will damage your property.
How to insert a SIM card into a specific tablet model
There are several types of card modules. This should be taken into account when installing into individual Samsung models. The number of devices with standard connectors is rapidly decreasing. Most modern slots are designed for microSIM. This family also includes “Samsung”. Galaxy Tab, for example. Some of the tablets of this brand are designed for the nano format. Here’s what to do before going to a cell phone salon:
- Clarify the model of your device;
- Collect information about the technical parameters of the tablet;
- Determine the location of the Tab 2 slot (or another representative of the line);
- Understand whether you have a tablet computer or a phablet;
- Choose the optimal type of card module.
Having coped with these tasks and connected to the required operator, take your Tab in hand. Now you will find out the whole truth about how to insert a SIM card into a Samsung Galaxy Tab without breaking anything. The aLGorithm is as follows:
- Turn off the gadget, turn it upside down and place it on a smooth surface. If you are afraid of scratching the display, place a piece of cloth.
- Find the connector (localized in the end part) and slide the protective flap. It’s easy. Pry off the cover with your fingernail. There are options with a key. Then you have to use a needle or paperclip. The scenario will change. A sharp object must be inserted into a special hole and slightly pressed (the tray will go out by itself).
- If you can’t reach the tray with your fingers, use the needle as a tweezer. Proceed with extreme caution.
- If everything was done correctly, you should see the holder. Its shape repeats the configuration of the SIM card. It is difficult to mix up the sides of the plastic module due to the special bevel. If installed incorrectly, the card SIMply will not fit into the tray. Some tray models are equipped with prompts to reduce the chance of error.
- Insert the filled tray into the dedicated slot. A light pressure is enough, do not put extra effort.
- Activate the tablet and check the fact of recognition.
If the device does not see the SIM card, it will have to be changed. There are several reasons for the problem, which we will discuss a little later. You already know how to insert a SIM-card into “Samsung”. This is a major breakthrough. You will figure out the rest of the nuances later (if they arise).
How to insert a SIM card into a Samsung tablet
How to insert a SIM-card into “Samsung“. Many owners of tablets of this brand are tormented by this question. If you have performed a SIMilar operation with Galaxy smartphones, then you know about the need to use a key. Without this tool, pulling out the tray is problematic. What should owners of Tab 3 and SIMilar devices do with a brand new SIM-card? Let’s start with the good news. You don’t need a key for a tablet. Read our instructions. Everything is there.
The phone does not see the SIM card
Have you inserted a module, turned on the gadget, but it does not want to perceive the card? There are many reasons for the problem. Let’s consider the most common:
- SIM card blocking (usually happens after a six-month inactivity);
- Software failure;
- Damage to contacts;
- Natural wear and tear;
- Lack of network connection;
- Plug dirty.
SIM card installation usually takes place without incident. But if something happens, don’t panic. Check settings, make sure airplane mode is not running. Reset the system, test alternative cards. If these steps are unsuccessful, go to the service center.
How to remove the SIM card from the tablet?
Sometimes it is required to carry out the opposite procedure. What should you know about her? In fact, if the SIM card was installed correctly, then it will not be difficult to remove it from the tablet. You just need to repeat all the steps described above in reverse order. But if during the installation of the SIM card into the tablet a mistake was made (for example, it was put on the wrong side), then problems may arise.
In addition, sometimes the clips of the tray itself break. Or on some tablets, due to the rather large slot, the SIM card falls deep inside. What should be done in this case? Try to gently pry the SIM card or the part itself holding it with tweezers. If nothing works, then it is best to contact the service center.
Do not try to forcefully pull the SIM card out of the tablet. Do not pick with a screwdriver or sharp object. So, you can cause mechanical damage to the device, which will permanently disable the gadget.
How to properly insert a SIM card into a tablet and how to remove it
Many people who buy a new tablet face one problem. It consists in the fact that not everyone knows how to correctly insert a SIM card into the device and, conversely, pull it out of it. At the same time, at first glance, everything seems SIMple and obvious. However, it is not. Awkward movement and might even break your tablet computer. So don’t risk it. Over, we will tell you in detail how the SIM card changes in the tablet.
How to properly insert the SIM card into the tablet?
We figured out that there are different SIM cards. So now let’s move on to the next one. Let’s talk about how to insert a SIM card into a tablet:
- Turn off your device first. Then place it on a flat surface with the display facing down. You can lay a towel or some kind of cloth so as not to scratch the front of the gadget.
- Most tablet models have a SIM card slot on the side (sometimes on the back cover). It can be covered with a special flap, which must be moved or pulled out by prying it with a finger, nail or other thin object. For some devices, you can get to the SIM card slot only by pressing an i clip into a special hole. There are also models where you just need to press the cover and release. Then the SIM tray protrudes out of the slot
- If you cannot pull out the tray, you can use a needle or tweezers. Just be careful not to damage your device.
- When you get to the tray, you need to insert a SIM card into it. This is done quite SIMply. Over, the holder itself has the shape of a SIM card with a beveled corner. You can only confuse the side. Therefore, be guided by the fact that the contact part of the SIM card is turned up and directed towards the back panel, and not towards the display. Sometimes on the tray itself there is a hint on how to position the SIM card correctly.
- Next, insert the SIM tray into a special slot. Most often, a slight pressure on it is required for it to be securely fixed. In this case, much effort is not required, otherwise you can break the mounts or the holder itself.
- Trying to turn on the tablet. If everything is done correctly, the device will recognize the SIM card, and then give the user the opportunity to make calls and provide him with Internet access.
- However, it also happens that the tablet does not see the SIM card. The most common reason for this is incorrect installation. Pull out the tray again and make sure that the SIM card is securely fixed, that it does not protrude or fall through. Pay attention to whether you placed it on the correct side in the holder.
SIM card for tablet
Let’s start with one important point. It concerns exactly which SIM cards can be installed in the tablet. After all, each device has a special slot designed for a certain type of SIM card.
It turns out that there are devices in which only SIM of standard sizes are connected. True, they are becoming less and less. Such gadgets include old models of tablets from manufacturers such as prestige, irbis, digma and many others. Dr.
At the same time, the slots of many other devices are designed only for micro-SIM. These are iPad 2, 3, 4 and most Android tablets. Samsung Galaxy tab, ASUS phonepad, almost all models from Lenovo and many others. Dr.
And do not forget that there are also tablets with slots for mini-SIM and nano-SIM. For example, these are the devices of the iPad Mini and Air lineup, popular all over the world.
Therefore, before connecting the SIM card, it is necessary to study the characteristics of the tablet. They will definitely indicate which SIM standard the device supports. Also, this information may be contained next to the slot itself, into which the SIM card is inserted.
What if the SIM card doesn’t fit in the tablet? If it is slightly larger than necessary, then you can try to trim it. Thus, adjusting to the required parameters. However, the easiest way is to contact a mobile phone store, where they will change your SIM card and give you one that matches your device.
What to do if the tablet does not see the SIM card?
It also happens that even after the correct insertion of the SIM-card into the tablet, the device does not react to it in any way. That is, he SIMply does not see the SIM card. There are many reasons for this problem:
- The SIM card itself is blocked. For example, it has not been used for more than six months. In this case, contact the operator.
- Connector pins are damaged. This happens both with expensive tablets (from Samsung, Apple) and budget models (from manufacturers such as Dexp, Prestigio, Alcatel, etc.). Only the service center can help.
- Software problems. For example, old firmware on Android often makes the SIM card inactive. What can be done? Update the OS, of course.
- Deterioration of the SIM card. For some reason, many people forget that a SIM card cannot work forever. In addition, with active use, contacts are quickly erased. This problem is solved by visiting the telecom operator and replacing the old SIM with a new one.
- Inactive network. On some models of Chinese tablets, restrictions are set that allow you to use only SIM cards from one or another operator. In this case, you will have to seriously climb in the settings. Perhaps it will be possible to register the desired telecom operator and activate the network.
Side outer slot with pull-out tray
This option is found in the most modern tablet models. We act in the same way as in the case of a smartphone:
- We are looking for the side of the tray with slots on the body.
- We insert a complete key (or something SIMilar to it) into the recess on the side, slightly press and then release.
- The flange of the tray will slightly extend beyond the body. We grab it with two fingers and pull it (completely) out.
- Put the SIM card in the slot on the tray.
- We push the tray into the nest until the side is level with the surface of the body.
Come in three sizes
Depending on which phone you have, you may need a different SIM size:
- Mini SIM: Mini, also called standard SIM, is 15 x 25mm in size. You must use Mini SIM on 2011 and older phones, such as iPhone 3.
- Micro SIM: Micro SIM is 12 x 15 mm in size and is commonly used in phones manufactured between 2012 and 2013, such as the iPhone4.
- Nano SIM: The smallest SIM is called the Nano and is only 8.8 x 12.3 mm in size. If you have a new generation phone like iPhone 5 or newer, you must use a nano-sized SIM.
All US Mobile SIMs are pre-cut so you can choose the size you want. It’s formatted like the image above, so all three sizes can be used. You just gently click on the perforated line of your chosen size and voila. Your SIM is cut to fit!
How to Insert and Eject a MicroSD Card into a Samsung Galaxy Tablet
You can easily expand the storage capacity of your Samsung Galaxy tablet by inserting a microSD card. The card stores photos, music, and other information to supplement the internal memory of the tablet. The card can also be used to transfer files between the tablet and other devices, including a computer.
You can insert a microSD card into the tablet regardless of whether the device is turned on or not. Pay attention to these areas:
Locate the microSD card cover on the edge of the tablet.
Let’s illustrate the appearance of the hatch, although it might look slightly different on your tablet. The hatch is marked microSD ; not to be confused with the SIM card cover.
Insert your fingernail into the slot on the small door covering the microSD card slot and then open the cover.
There is a fingernail-sized indent on the nest cover. When pressure is applied, the hatch covering the slot floats up and kind of tilts to the side. Slot cover cannot be removed completely.
Orient the microSD card so the print side is facing up and the small triangle on the card is facing the open slot.
Using your fingernail or a curved paper clip, carefully insert the card into the slot until it stops.
Makes a faint click when the card is fully inserted.
If the card continues to pop out, then you are not sticking it far enough.
Close the cover covering the microSD card slot.
If the tablet is turned on (and has been configured), you may see a prompt stating that the MTP app needs to be restarted after successfully installing the card. If so, press the OK button on the tablet touchscreen.
To remove the microSD card, follow these steps:
If the tablet is on, disconnect the microSD card. If the tablet is off, go to step 2.
A. On the home screen, touch the apps icon to go to the apps screen.
B. Open the Settings app.
C. On the left side of the screen, select the Storage category.
If you can’t find the Storage category, go to the General tab at the top of the Settings app screen.
D. Under the heading “SD card” on the right side of the screen, select “Unmount SD card”.
E. Ignore the warning and then click OK.
The touchscreen briefly shows a message that the microSD card can be removed; go to step 2.
Open the small cover covering the microSD card slot.
Use your fingernail or a bent paperclip to lightly press the microSD card inward.
The microSD card is spring loaded so it slides out when pressed.
Pinch the microSD card with your fingers and remove it completely.
When the tablet is turned off, you can insert or remove the microSD card at will.
Chances are, your tablet didn’t have a microSD card, so run out and buy one!
Microsd cards are small. To use the card on a computer or other electronic device, purchase an SD card adapter.
Galaxy Note accepts microSD cards up to 64GB; Galaxy Tab accepts cards up to 32GB; smaller cards are cheaper but store less information.
GB. This is short for gigabyte,. That’s one billion characters of memory. One gigabyte is enough to store about an hour of video, music for a week or photos. That’s a lot of storage space.
SD means Secure digital. It’s just one of a million different memory card standards.
Tablet works with or without microSD card installed.
How to Insert SD Card into Samsung Galaxy Y “Android :: Gadget Hacks
If you have an older Samsung Galaxy Y smartphone, there is one thing you should do. Use microSD or microSDHC memory card to improve Android processing speed and make transferring large or small files easier. These cards are also compatible with certain cameras and can be inserted into some computers.
Image courtesy of TechRadar
While this is all well and good, you still need to know how and where to put your SD card to take advantage of any of these benefits. Your Samsung Galaxy Y (Y stands for Young) has an SD card slot located on the side under the back cover.
After removing the back cover, you can insert a microSD or microSDHC card with a maximum capacity of 32 GB into the slot. Make sure the gold side of the memory card is facing down and that the card is in the correct format, otherwise you may harm your phone.
The device only supports FAT file systems. You can reformat SD cards using your computer, but Samsung Galaxy Y user manual recommends formatting the card directly on your phone. If you insert a card with an incorrect format, you will be prompted to reformat the card.
On Samsung Galaxy Y, follow these steps to format the card.
- SD card and phone memory
- Unmount SD card
- Format SD card
- Format SD card
- Erase everything
If you are going to use an SD card, make sure you have the correct format and the largest possible size. Using an ultra-low capacity SD card can actually slow down your phone, and your phone can actually store that storage more efficiently. So, be big or go home.
Still having trouble inserting an SD card into your Samsung Galaxy Y, or need help troubleshooting other issues? Let us know in the comments below.
Buy now (80% discount)
External slot, with cover and without pull-out tray
This is a transitional option. Here, to get to the slot, you no longer need to remove the panel covering it, but the SIM card tray is not yet included in the design.
How to insert a SIM card into a Samsung tablet or other device of a SIMilar design:
- We look for it on the case and move aside the slot cover. Depending on the brand and model of the tablet, it can be located on its right or left edge, or on the upper end.
- Insert the SIM-card into the slot, having previously unrolled it according to the picture / imprint on the cap.
- We recessed the card into the device body. You can help a little with a fingernail or a thin flat object.
- We return the plug to its place.
By the way, some Lenovo tablet models don’t have a regular slot under the cover, but with a pull-out tray. Its side is slightly convex and it is easy to grab onto it. The chip in this tray on Prestigio is located according to the picture on the cap.
How to insert a SIM card into a tablet: step by step instructions
As with smartphones, in tablets, depending on the model and brand, the slots may be located and look differently. We will give several instructions on how to insert a SIM card into a tablet to cover all possible options. You just have to choose the appropriate.
Under the cover on the back of the case
Relevant for Digma, Explay tablets, as well as the only way to insert a SIM card into the Irbis tablet. Even in the 2018 model.
Not the whole back cover is removed here, as was done in old models of smartphones and phones, but only part of it. A narrow panel along the upper or lower edge of the back side of the case.
What do we have to do:
- We turn the tablet with the back side towards us. See where the removable panel is.
- We pry the panel by a special groove, gently pull it towards ourselves and remove it from the case.
- We put the card into the slot. How to correctly (which side) insert the SIM card into the tablet, you can see in a special picture. It should be imprinted next to the slot or right on it.
- Putting the panel back in place.
- Turn on the tablet and start using it.
Why the tablet does not see the SIM card
There may be several reasons for this. Below we list them from more common to rare.
- System crash in the tablet. This can happen due to an incorrectly installed update or for no obvious reason. It is usually “treated” by rebooting the device.
- The SIM card is out of order. It’s easy to check. Just insert it into another tablet or any smartphone. If it does not work there, then you need to go to the communication salon and write an application for the reissue of the SIM card.
- The SIM card is not inserted into the tablet correctly. Pull out the chip, check the drawing on the device body or on the slot cover and insert it back.
- Chip contacts are dirty. This is not always visually determined. The card may appear blank. Try rubbing it with a soft cloth or tissue.
If your tablet does not see the SIM card, do not despair, try to follow the instructions to fix this problem from another article on our website.
We remind you that the slot openings on the surface of the case must always be tightly closed with plugs or sides of the trays.
For Lenovo Yoga
To insert a SIM card into a Lenovo Yoga tablet, you also need to remove a special panel. However, it is on the left (as if we were looking at the spine of a book) and unfastened in a different way.
Here’s what to do:
- We turn the tablet with the back surface towards us. Convex, rounded edge away from you.
- There is an oval button on the panel (cover) that covers the slots. Click on it.
- Open the lid.
- There is another cover to the right of the button. A plastic rectangle. Pick it up with your fingernail and take it off.
- Expand the SIM card as shown on the plastic above the slot. Insert it into the slot and push it all the way in. You should hear a slight click.
- Replace the second (inner) cover, and then snap the first, outer.
Not used to using a tablet, but most often using a phone. Read our other article on how to insert a SIM card into an iPhone or, for example, into Samsung!
To remove a SIM card from such a slot, use the instructions below, from the subsection “How to pull out.”.