How to identify your iPhone model by serial number
How to know what model iPhone
One of the peculiarities of Apple smartphones and tablets is that they do not have the exact model name. Instead it’s just written iPhone or iPad. This looks nice and stylish, but in some cases is impractical because it’s hard to tell what model is in front of you. Now let’s look at some ways to identify the iPhone model in this situation.
You may be interested in: VPN for your smartphone
How to get the serial number of your iPhone
? To get more information about the iPhone we need the serial number of the device. You can get it in different ways, such as looking on the back of the device (or on the SIM card tray in older models), but the easiest way is to go into the settings.
Go to “Settings” → “General” menu.
Look for the “Serial Number” line. It shows the serial number of the iPhone.
We have obtained the serial number, the only thing left is to check it on the Apple website.
Many users are wondering how to find out the model of the iPhone externally. The main difference between the latest flagship models 2022 (iPhone XS and XS Max) from iPhone X is the gold color and the large size of the device XS Max.
The iPhone XR resembles a slightly larger iPhone X or iPhone XS. If you look at it from behind, you can see that it looks like an iPhone 8.
The new “Apple” smartphone is easy to distinguish from previous models. Only the latest generation iPhone boasts a 5.8-inch screen.
In addition, it has a frameless display, the rear camera lenses are vertical, and there is no home button.
Another distinctive feature of the iPhone X is the black rectangle at the top of the screen, where the indicator, which is necessary for the True Depth technology, the speaker and the front camera are located.
The eighth-generation iPhone differs from the iPhone 7 in that it has a glass body and no plastic stripes.
Iphone 7. The flagship iPhone model of 2016. At the heart of the smartphone is a system on the 64-bit quad-core processor A10 Fusion, supported by 2 GB of RAM. The iPhone 7 has a single 12-megapixel camera, larger than the iPhone 6s camera, a brighter display, a touch-sensitive home button, stereo speakers, a waterproof case and many other features. In appearance iPhone 7 has not gone far from its predecessor. Of the obvious differences we can highlight: alternatively located antenna strips on the back cover, the lack of 3.5mm audio output and two new colors. Matte black and glossy “black onyx. You can read a detailed review of the iPhone 7 here, and learn about the specifications by following this link.
Note: there is no need to take model number into account when downloading firmware for iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.
How to check IPhone Model Number and Serial Number
There is a model number on the back of the case:
- Model A1660. Supports 23 LTE frequencies (bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 38, 39, 40, 41), intended for the American market.
- Model A1778. Support for 23 LTE frequencies (bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 38, 39, 40, 41), designed for the European and Asian markets.
- Model A1779. Supports 23 LTE frequencies (bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 38, 39, 40, 41). Manufactured in Japan.
Users can also model their iPhones online, by visiting one of the sites that offer the service; perhaps the best option today is the free and reliable imei24 resource.Com. To obtain information with it, you will need:
- Enter in the only editable field on a new page the identification number, or IMEI, of your device (where to find it was told above) and click on Check.
Tip: Data from all table rows can be freely copied, and by clicking on Phone Details button the owner can learn a bit more about his phone parameters.
Can the user know the model of the smartphone
When buying a cell phone, the customer can determine for himself what kind of gadget he is buying. Usually the name of the iPhone is indicated on the box. You can also look up the information in the receipt or the instruction manual. If the user has lost all of these documents, he can apply additional methods.
Users often ask how to find out which iPhone I have. There are several ways you can get the information you need. For example, the customer can:
- Use the definition by the appearance of the gadget;
- Check your smartphone through the official Apple website;
- Use iTunes software;
- The customer can check the data by the serial number;
- You can apply the model number;
- Go to the cell phone settings.
It is worth telling about each of these methods in more detail.
Determine from the appearance of the smartphone
If the user does not have access to the Internet, and there are no documents for the gadget, he will have to examine the smartphone. Each phone has its own differences from other gadgets. It is these nuances of appearance that will help determine which gadget is in the user’s possession:
- Iphone 8. Since the release of iPhone 6, the company has not changed the design of the front of the phone. Checking the series will not yield results if the owner is looking at the display. It is necessary to turn the gadget with the back cover. Here you can notice that the panel is made of tempered glass. Unlike the 7, the edges are narrower, and the camera has a larger size. This iPhone was released on sale in silver and gold. You can also see the “Space Gray” coloring on sale.
- Iphone 8 Plus. The screen measures 5.5 inches, which is significantly larger than the standard eight. The back panel is also made of glass. The phone has a dual camera, it is decorated with a thin bezel. The gadget was released in gold, gray space and silver.
- Iphone 7. The cell phone looks similar to the eighth model, but has certain differences. If the eight uses glass for the back panel, then here the cover is made of aluminum. The bezel will be thicker and the camera window will be smaller. When the model was released, the manufacturers removed the headphone input, which was located in the bottom edge.
- Iphone 7 Plus. The screen is larger, it has 5.5 inches. The back panel is also made of aluminum. The smartphone has a dual camera. The coloring will be the same as that of the standard smartphone 7. Near the connector for charging, there is no port for headphones.
- Iphone SE. To determine the model, it is enough to pay attention to the body of the gadget. On the back cover is the “SE” icon. The phone has a smaller size compared to the 6 and 8 model, its diagonal is only 4 inches. The earpiece has a larger width, also next to it there is a front camera. The iPhone 6 and 7 have a camera on the left side of the body. Buttons for adding and removing sound are located on the left side, they have a rounded shape. The power button is installed on the top panel. Iphone SE was not only available in the standard color, the palette was added “Pink Gold”. On the bottom edge is the headphone port.
- Iphone 6s. To find the difference, you should look at the back panel of the gadget. The smartphone camera has a smaller size than in subsequent models. The cover is divided by zones with three antennas. On the body is the brand name of the gadget and a line of information. If you look closely you can see the engraved letter “S”. This version still has a headphone jack, located at the bottom. Also on the right side is a button to power off the phone.
- Iphone 6s Plus. This smartphone does not have many distinctive features, they are similar to the standard version. But you can recognize the model by its screen size of 5.5 inches. Otherwise the gadget will have no differences from the 6s version.
- Iphone 6, 6 Plus. The general description is identical to the iPhone 6s versions. You can highlight only one difference, it lies in the fact that on the back there is no engraving in the form of the letter “S”.
- Iphone 5s. This device has pronounced differences from other gadgets. It can only be confused with the iPhone “SE”. The external resemblance of these smartphones is great, but there will be no “SE” engraving on the back. Also here you can highlight the color design. The mobile has only standard colors, it is not available in “Pink Gold” shade.
- Iphone 5c. This series of gadgets is very different from other smartphones of the firm. The company has released phones in a plastic body, which has bright colors. Gadget owners nicknamed this model “Soapbox”. This gadget was released in pink, blue, yellow, white and green.
- Iphone 5. The home button on this smartphone is concave, with a square in the middle. The body is made of aluminum. The smartphone was released only in white and black.
- Iphone 4, 4s. The cell phone has certain differences from other models. On the bottom panel is a long and wide socket for the charger. The gadget differs from the fifth iPhone in thickness and size. These devices were on sale in black and white. There are differences between smartphones, the “S” gadget has four antenna strips, they are located not only at the top, but also at the bottom of the display. The four has only three such strips.
- Iphone 3G, 3GS. The back cover of the gadget has a convex shape. If you look at the front side, the owner will not find the front camera. There is a slight difference between the two gadgets. The iPhone 3G has a matte gray back label. The “S” gadget has a bright color.
- It will be difficult for a beginner to find the differences between the gadgets, so it’s better to use other options for obtaining data about the smartphone.
Using the serial number
A user can identify an iPhone by its serial number. But the gadgets do not have this parameter, so it will need to be found first. To get the data of the serial number, it is required to perform a number of actions:
Is it possible to see in which state the cell phone was made
The customer can determine which country his cell phone was made in by using the serial number. The easiest way to find out the combination of numbers is to look at it on the box from the device. There is a sticker attached to the box, there is data called “Serial No”. These will be the parameters that the owner of the smartphone needs. The customer can also find the data by this instruction:
- Go to the settings of the cell phone;
- Open the section called “Basic”;
- Then select the item “About this device”.
How to Identify every iPhone. All iPhone Models
- Please note
- The client can get more info about the phone using its I.M., to do this he has to use the site https://sndeep.Info/en. Enter the IMEI in the blank window and then start the search. The page will show the country of manufacture, as well as other parameters of the purchased mobile.
If the user buys a particular smartphone model in a store, it is possible to see all the data of interest on the box of the device. The parameters are printed on the sticker. It is recommended to check the parameters indicated on the box and in the smartphone settings. Entering “About this device,” the user must verify information about the gadget, including the manufacturer’s state.
Not only does iTunes help with file transfer and phone recovery, but when you connect your phone to your computer it shows you some of its characteristics, including the model.
Open iTunes on your computer and connect the device using a USB cable.
The model of iPhone is easy to find out as with iTunes on your computer, and using the smartphone data. Unfortunately, this information is not prescribed on the body itself.