How To Free Memory On Android Phone
Unlike the iPhone, in which there are no removable cards, and all the memory is built in, most devices equipped with Android allow the use of memory expansion modules. But you can’t transfer the OS to them, they are only suitable for storing user files.
Therefore, one of the weaknesses of the Android OS is considered system memory. Over time, depending on the nature of the use of the device by the user, it is filled with different files, among which there is garbage. And in this case, you have to deal with cleaning the system.
How to free internal memory on Android
The built-in memory stores applications, reports (logs) and the system cache. One of the options for its release is to move programs to a memory card, but this is not always possible, part of the data must remain in the system partition, this is necessary for correct operation.
- Move programs using standard Android tools. Find the desired program in the “Applications” item in the device settings and click “Transfer to SD card”. In such a simple way, you will free up the space in the internal memory of the device that a particular program occupied.
- Another way is to simply remove applications, you can do this through the task manager or the “Applications” menu from the previous paragraph. An exception is pre-installed programs, which cannot be uninstalled using standard methods. In this case, you need root privileges. Next, you need to go to the system / app folder and delete the apk and odex files of the unnecessary program of the same name, but be careful, because some of them, such as Google services, affect the operation of other programs. Only experienced users are allowed to do this.
- Periodically, you need to clear the cache and temporary files, it is best to do this using special applications, which will be described below. But you can also perform the procedure manually by selecting the “Data Cleansing” item in the program menu. In a sense, this option is safer, but much more labor intensive.
- There is a cleaning method using the file manager. Everything seems to be very easy here. you just need to delete the files, but this is not true. If there are no root rights, then you won’t be able to erase anything important, but when full access is granted (third-party managers often use it), you need to be careful. Before carrying out the procedure, it is better to create a system save and place everything on another medium.
- Alternatively, you can use cloud-based file storage. This means that you will always have access to them via the Internet. There are many services, one of the most popular is Dropbox, which has its own mobile application. You can also save notes or documents in Evernote, it does not require any costs if the device has no traffic restrictions.
How to free RAM on Android
This is a special section of the smartphone’s memory, the amount of RAM cannot be combined with memory cards, and you can’t record a movie or a game there. It is needed to store application data. After completing work, memory is freed, but many programs continue to run in the background. Sometimes this function is really necessary, but in most cases you can do without it.
- The easiest way to clean up RAM is to turn off programs, and not minimize them using the Home button. But, unfortunately, many developers simply do not provide such a function in their applications or it is difficult to find. Sometimes pressing the “Back” button helps, but nothing can be guaranteed.
- Another way is to force stop the most demanding applications. The list is available in the “Applications” item, which can be found in the settings. In the “Running” tab, all programs are displayed, except for the system programs that are currently running, on the right is the amount of memory occupied by them. It is enough to put a tick next to the desired application and click “Stop” (the button below), but in this case unsaved information may be lost.
The most radical way to solve the problem is to reboot the device.
Using special programs
An example is Clean Master. This is perhaps the most popular system maintenance application. Of course, there are other programs of similar functionality, but it should be understood that the main thing here is not to harm. If important files have been deleted, it is not always possible to restore them. The consequences of poor-quality cleaning can be disappointing, so it is better not to experiment with little-known applications if there is no copy of the system.
For use, you will need to give the application root rights, they give full access to the file system, with the ability to change the contents. The application itself will send a request or provide instructions on how to do this.
The interface is fully Russified, so even inexperienced users should not have difficulty using it. It is enough to simply start scanning, after its completion it will be offered to clear not only the cache files, but also the space in RAM used by inactive applications.
Another type of analysis is available: applications that are rarely used will be found, and their uninstallation is suggested. In this case, you should not blindly trust the program, it is better to visit the Play Market and find out why they are needed, maybe some of them will come in handy.
There are other functions in the application: in particular, cooling and analysis of battery usage, but they will not be considered in detail here.
It is worth noting that the application itself runs in the background, constantly analyzing user activities and offering various tips. Sometimes this can negatively affect performance and negate the entire cleaning effect.
Alternatively, you can offer a less resource-intensive App Cache Cleaner application, but its functionality is highly specialized.