How To Format Sony Xperia Phone
SONY Xperia XA1
SONY Xperia M4 Aqua E2303
SONY Xperia L1 G3311
SONY PlayStation 4
SONY Xperia Z3 D6603
SONY Xperia Z2 D6503
SONY Xperia XA2
SONY Xperia XZ FZ8331
SONY Xperia XA1 Ultra G3221
SONY Xperia XA F3111
SONY Xperia XZ Premium
SONY Android TV
SONY Xperia XZ1 Compact
SONY Xperia L1 G3313
SONY Xperia XA F3113
SONY Xperia Z1 C6903
SONY Xperia Z5 Compact E5823
SONY Xperia XA Ultra
SONY Xperia X F5121
SONY Xperia XA2 Ultra
SONY Xperia SP C5303
SONY Xperia XZ2
SONY Xperia X Compact F5321
SONY Xperia M C1905
SONY Xperia L C2105
SONY Xperia XZ3
We are very glad to all SONY owners! On our website, you can learn how to perform many useful operations for your smartphone, smartwatch, tablet or band to fully enjoy your Sony device. Click on your own Sony device to go to instructions specific to your Sony model. Find out how to hard reset Sony using recovery mode, factory reset using settings menu, or wipe data using passcode to smoothly restore default settings. In case your Sony device is stuck on one screen, then Soft Reset is the best option to fix the problem. Check out all the instructions for hidden modes (such as Sony Recovery Mode or Sony Safe Mode) to learn how to use advanced options to solve system problems or access advanced information about your Sony device. Sony drivers are also available for download. Find out how to work with your Sony device to make it more convenient and enjoyable.
How to Hard reset Sony Xperia in several ways
As you may have already understood, this manual is devoted to how to hard reset Sony Xperia. We will consider several working options for performing this action and why it is needed at all and in what cases it is useful. By itself, a hard reset is a complete reset of the system of your smartphone or tablet to its original settings, naturally, with the complete removal of all personal data from the internal memory (everything remains in place on the SD card). Synonyms for this concept can be called the following: hard reboot, factory reset, wipe data and, in fact, these concepts define the same action to reboot the device with a rollback of the system to its stock state.
There is even such a joke that “from all troubles saves a hardress”. Here are the cases when it is appropriate to hard reset the Sony Xperia:
- When the device malfunctions (you may suspect that the system is infected with a raging virus);
- If you want to reset the configuration and settings of the smartphone to the state “from the box”;
- The memory of the device is clogged, it is buggy and slows down, there is no desire to mess around with cleaning;
- You plan to sell your favorite gadget and want to delete all personal data and return its system to its stock state, or you yourself want to use the device, as they say from scratch
- Also hard reset is applicable in case of password reset and smartphone unlocking if you forgot it.
It should be understood that this manipulation will completely clear all your data, so before doing it, make a backup, save photos, music, contacts and everything else. Well, now there are several ways how to hard reset on Sony Xperia Z5, Z3, Z2 and other smartphones.
The first way through the settings menu
The simplest and most effective method. Go to “Settings Backup reset Master reset”. Here you can choose to delete data from memory or not, simply by checking the corresponding item. If the smartphone is buggy, the memory is clogged, the system does not work as it should, then we recommend that you check the box and press the button “Reset phone settings”.
The second way through the service menu
Another easy way if the smartphone is not frozen and you can control it. Open the dialer and enter ## 7378423 ## in the dialing field, which will open access to the service menu. In it we choose “Customization Settings Reset customization Reset customization and reboot”.
Method three with PC Companion
Each Sony Xperia owner’s computer must have this application installed, which is universal for updating, restoring, creating backups, etc. To restore your smartphone, you need to run “PC Companion Support Zone Software update phone / tablet recovery”. We wrote about this in detail in the instructions for updating and restoring Xperia.
If your smartphone is frozen, you can restart it using a special button under the cover (usually near the SIM card table). If the smartphone does not turn on at all, what to do if Sony Xperia does not turn on.
Also, the key combination worked earlier for hard reset. “Power button sound up (sound down)”, but on new firmware, no action occurs when they are clamped.
How to format sony xperia phone
Most likely you have a problem with your battery. It needs to be replaced. I think the problem will be solved.
Although I may be wrong, this is most likely the problem.
Guest replies about Sony Xperia U 12/27/2014 10:29 PM
hello does not perceive the sit map google play does not work and nothing is not downloaded what to do?
Your phone model?
The SD card will work after it is fully formatted from a PC, the google play market may not work for many reasons, for example, due to a lack of system packages and applications. But in order for me to be able to help you I need your phone model. Specify and after i will help you.
Guest replies about Sony Xperia U 01/19/2015 2:30 pm
hello at sony ikspiria not incl. Or rather vkli off what to do
So your phone turns on or off, could not understand what you wrote. Specify the exact problem and the result you want to get. After which I can help you solve the problem.
Guest replies about Sony Xperia U 02/23/2015 20:19
I write that add money to google wallet
When the phone writes like this, why does it write like this and what are your actions?
Guest replies about Sony Xperia U 03/04/2015 16:54
Please tell me! Sony Experia U Phone: The phone is constantly off, but the color bar indicator is on and the screen is lightly backlit! If the battery is charged and I turn off the phone, turn it on immediately. The battery shows 0%. What is the problem?
Most likely you have a problem with your battery. Replace it with a new one, after which your problem will be resolved, the average cost of a new battery will be from 300 to 600 rubles.
Guest replies about Sony Xperia U 03/29/2015 3:50 PM
hello on iXperia u the microphone does not work, disassembled the loop, but the sense is 0, the strip is on
What kind of strip? Are you sure that the problem is in the microphone, perhaps a software problem. Try downloading the voice recorder application and try to record some sound on it.
Guest replies about Sony Xperia U 07/09/2015 17:15
How to format Sony xperia E4 it asks for a pin
After installing the program on the PC. Choose support zone. We are waiting for the download to finish, then we enter the support zone by clicking on start. Then we select your phone model and agree with all licenses. Then follow the instructions on the screen of the program, please pay attention the program is suitable for all sony models. I personally modified this program and the program needs exactly the one indicated above, but if you use programs from official sources of sony, then you can turn your phone off, since their programs are not finalized.
Bypassing Sony Screen Lock Password from Google Account
How to unlock Sony Xperia password if you don’t want to lose your saved data on your device? Each lock screen app gives you the option to remove the password by entering your Gmail login credentials. How to activate this option on a phone that has been locked? This is done as follows:
- Keep entering the wrong password until you see the Forgot your password? Link that appears on the home screen.
- Click once on it, and the application will ask you for your Gmail account details.
- Enter your username and password and successfully enter your profile.
- The service will send you a new password or pattern to your email. Done! Now use the received settings to access your smartphone.
This method has the following disadvantages:
- Stable network connection required.
- This method will not be useful to you if you have not configured your Gmail account as one of the recovery options.
Go to Safe Mode to bypass the lock screen
How to unlock Sony Xperia if the lock screen you are trying to bypass is a third party app? Then boot into Safe Mode. This is the easiest method to access the device.
On most models, you can enable booting in safe mode by pressing the power button and bringing up the shutdown menu on the lock screen. After that, you will need to press and hold the Turn off button. From here select OK when asked if you want to turn on the device in Safe Mode. When this process is complete, your third party display lock app will be temporarily disabled.
From here, just change the settings or delete the service, then restart your Sony gadget to enter normally. When you return to the welcome screen, the problematic application causing the lock should be gone.
How to unlock a smartphone with a broken screen?
You will run into trouble if your phone is accidentally dropped or the screen is damaged for some other reason. In this case, you will not be able to draw a key or enter a password, since the touch screen responds poorly or does not work at all. However, to back up data and files from your phone, you need to unlock it. How to unlock Sony Xperia with broken screen? It can be a little tricky, but it can be done. This is done as follows.
Even if the touchscreen does not respond to touch, you can still enter the key using a USB mouse. If the display is damaged, it cannot be connected directly to the Sony Xperia, but with the OTG adapter, you can establish a connection between Android and a USB mouse. This is done like this:
- Connect USB mouse to OTG adapter.
- Connect the latter to your Sony phone and wait for it to recognize it.
- Now you can easily draw a pattern with your mouse and unlock your phone.
- After the phone is unlocked, you can connect it to your computer and make a backup copy of all files and folders.
This is a good way to unlock your pattern on Sony Xperia. However, it has several disadvantages:
- You will not be able to remove text passwords with it.
- Older smartphones cannot detect mouse without proper firmware update.
- The method can only be used to unlock the phone.
Unlock Sony Xperia Password with Factory Reset
How to Unlock Sony Xperia Phone? If you choose to reset the device to factory settings, then for sure the password or pattern can be removed from the screen, but at the same time all data will be completely destroyed on your device. Therefore, use this method with careful consideration of its consequences.
This is done as follows:
- Turn off your Sony Xperia and restart it by pressing the Home buttons Power Volume and Recovery Mode should be activated.
- Use volume buttons as arrows and select Factory Reset / Wipe Data from options.
- Press the Home button to select your option and wait until the phone is successfully reinstalled.
- Now you can access your Sony device without any key or screen lock.
As you can see, unlocking the Sony Xperia screen is pretty simple. However, this method has the following disadvantages:
- This method will completely destroy all documents, files and privacy settings from your phone.
- It is not recommended if you have sensitive information on your smartphone that you cannot afford to delete.
Unlocking a Sony device by removing the Android password
How to unlock your Sony Xperia smartphone without losing data or logging into your email account? In this case, iSeePassword Android Lock Screen Removal will help. This option is software. You will need to download and run it.
This is an amazing Android lock screen reset service that can decode all four types of security, including text passwords, PIN, fingerprints and pattern. The developers guarantee that no file gets deleted from your smartphone. However, the password will be completely erased from your device so that you can restore access to it without any problems.
You can use the application on Windows and Mac platforms. Follow the steps below to unlock Sonly Xperia in minutes.
Download the software to your computer, then install it. This step is pretty straightforward and straightforward. Just follow the instructions on the screen and the service will be installed.
First, connect your Sony Xperia to your PC with a USB sync cable. Run the program after it has been successfully installed and click Remove Lock Screen to start the unlocking process.
Restart your Sony Xperia by pressing the Home, Volume Down and Power buttons at the same time, and when the phone turns on, release all keys except Home. It should go into download mode and the software will automatically download the recovery data package.
Why is this method convenient?
This method will not delete anything from your smartphone. The program will only download the files needed to unlock the device. Make sure your phone is connected at all times while this process is in progress.
The software will now inevitably try to remove the password from the smartphone, and when it is done, you should see a message about it on the screen.
Now you can reboot your device and access it normally without entering a key or password. This is a great way to unlock Sony Xperia Z3 and similar models.
How to reset Sony Xperia Z password if forgot
Before you start, please note that resetting your smartphone will erase any saved data and settings. We recommend that you back up your data.
For more information, read the separate reset article: How to Factory Reset Sony?
1. Turn off your phone.
2. To hard reset your phone, start by pressing and holding power buttons button increase the volume in for a few seconds.
3. The device will vibrate once. At this point, you can release the power button. Keep holding the volume key for another 10 seconds.
4. The phone will vibrate and then turn off, indicating that the hard reset procedure is complete.
How to reset Sony password using Find My Device
1. If your SD card is not encrypted or used in a corporate environment, please remove it before performing a reset. Turn off your Xperia device before removing the SD card ™. Turn on the device when you removed the SD card.
2. On a computer or mobile browser, go to www.Google.com/android/devicemanager.
3. Sign in to the Google account that you previously added to your device.
4. If you have multiple devices, select the device you have locked at the top of the screen.
5. Select Erase. Keep in mind that this action will permanently destroy all your data, such as your apps, photos and music. After deleting the contents of your device, Find My Device will no longer work on it.
6. After deleting the contents of your device remotely, you can set up your device again with your Google account and a new lock screen.
How to unblock with a Google security question?
The note! Before following any of the steps in this article, make sure you know your Google username and password. Depending on your security settings, your Xperia device may be locked after a reset or restore. Then you need to enter your Google account username and password to use the device. If you don’t remember your Google username and password, you cannot unlock the device yourself.
Council. You can recover your Google account username and password using the Google Account Recovery page at https://www.Google.com/accounts/recovery/?Hl=en. For Xperia X, Xperia L1, Xperia E5 and Xperia Z series (Android 5.1 or higher), you should know that when you receive a new Google username or password, you cannot use it to register and restore the device within 24 hours.
1. Press: Forgot password?
2. To unlock your phone, you can answer the security question that you configured when setting up your screen lock. Or you can enter your Google account username and password. Click Next.
3. Enter the answer to your chosen question or enter your Google account username and password. Click Unblock.
4. You will be asked if you want to create a new screen unlock password. If you don’t want to, click No.
If you have not created a Google account, or if you have forgotten the answer to your security question, you will need to reinstall your phone software. This will erase any information stored on your phone. There is no way to recover data that would be lost if you do, but you cannot reset your screen lock without reinstalling the software. Read below how to reset Sony.
How to reset your password using Xperia service
1. Go to myxperia.Sonymobile.com from any Internet-connected device such as a computer.
2. Sign in using the same Google account or Sony Entertainment Network account that you set up on your Xperia device.
3. Click on the picture of your Xperia device under Devices.
4. Select Lock or Change PIN to replace the current screen lock with a new PIN.
5. Follow the onscreen instructions provided by Xperia.
Using Xperia service to reset screen lock
The note! Make sure you know your Google username and password ™. You may need to use them to use your Xperia device ™ after reset.
Use the Xperia service to reset the screen lock. All content on your Xperia device is retained after you reset your device’s screen lock. The note! This method is not available on devices running Android 7.0 and higher.
This reset method requires you to have previously enabled my Xperia service on your Xperia device. The Xperia device must also have an active internet connection (Wi-Fi® or mobile network).
Using Find My Device to Reset Sony Password
The note! Make sure you know your Google username and password. You may need to use them to use your Xperia device ™ after reset.
This reset method requires you to have previously enabled Android Device Manager on your Xperia device ™. Xperia device ™ must also have an active internet connection (Wi-Fi® or mobile network). This method performs a full factory data reset. All content on your Xperia device ™ will be deleted. In some cases, the content on the SD card may not be erased during a reset using Find my device.
If your SD card is not encrypted, you can remove it before performing a reset to prevent it from being erased. However, if you are using an Xperia device ™ in a corporate environment, your IT department may have forced encryption on the SD card on your device. In this case, the contents of the SD card are erased or made unreadable when performing a reset, even if you remove the card beforehand.
How to hard reset Sony Xperia Z1 Compact?
Hard resetting the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact is quite simple, since Sony has developed a special hardware button for this purpose. Even if you cannot hard reset the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact using this button, you can use the standard factory reset methods for Android devices.
Before starting the guide, we want to tell you that the instructions presented work with the sony xperia z1 range of smartphones, including the sony xperia z1 compact. We tested each of the methods and they worked great on the mentioned device.
How to hard reset Sony Xperia Z1 Compact via recovery mode
- The first step is to turn off your smartphone.
- Next, you need to hold down the power button for about 15 seconds.
- As soon as you notice that the LED lights up in pink (or any other color), press the volume up and down key several times.
- The smartphone will be put into recovery mode.
- Next, you need to select wipe data factory reset.
- Alternatively, you can choose wipe cache partition.
- The last step is to reboot system now.
At the moment, these are all known ways to make a hard reset Sony Xperia Z1 Compact.
Dear Reader! If suddenly the method described in the article did not help you, please write to the rest how you dealt with the problem or ask a question. By the way, the answer to your question may already be in the comments.
Please do not be indifferent to share useful information with people. If you know the answer to your question, write, please, the information will be very useful to someone. Thank you in advance!
How to hard reset Sony Xperia Z1 Compact via smartphone menu
- Turn on your smartphone.
- Go to Settings.
- Click Backup Restore.
- Select Factory data reset.
- Next, you need to click Erase everything to start the operation of hard reset Sony Xperia Z1 Compact.
How to hard reset Sony Xperia Z1 Compact using a dedicated button
- A dedicated hard reset button for the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact is located under the microSD card slot.
- Once you have opened the microSD card slot, you will see a small red button.
- Press and hold this little red button for 3-5 seconds.
Take a look at these materials:
Did you like the article? Share with your friends on social networks!