How to Force Restart iPhone XR
SE, 5s and older models
If the iPhone SE, 5s or earlier model is working normally, then reboot as follows:
- click on the “Power” button located in the upper right corner of the gadget;
- hold it for a few seconds;
- turn off the phone using the touch switch that appears.
If the phone freezes and does not respond, then you need to force restart the device with two keys.
- hold the buttons “Home” and “Power” at the same time for about 7-8 seconds;
- after that we wait for the logo to appear and if suddenly the screen remains dark, then press “Power” until the device turns on.
What to do if iPhone requires a password after restarting
A password is required, even if the iPhone has a Touch ID, it is necessary in order to download your data from the Secure Enclave security system, since the Touch ID sensor itself does not store user data. Therefore, if you suddenly forget the password, then you need to remotely erase the iPhone if there is a backup copy and return the device to factory settings. If there is no backup copy, then you can also remove the password through a computer using iTunes, although here you have to tinker.
The technique itself reboots
If the Apple device reboots itself (sometimes it can “give out” a white or red display), and it does this without stopping, then you can try a hard reset (Hard Reset) in accordance with the model of the device. If this did not help, then most likely there was a failure in the operating system, so an urgent smartphone recovery is required via iTunes.
Series 8, X, XS, XR, 11
The standard reboot of iPhones of the 8, X, XS, XR and 11 series (MAX, PRO versions, including) is carried out as follows:
- Simultaneously hold down one of the volume keys and the side Sleep button;
- When the switch appears on the display, just swipe it to the side. This gesture is called “Swipe” (from the English. Swipe. hold without tearing). The phone should turn off;
- After waiting about 10 seconds, press the side button to turn on the iPhone.
A forced reboot is done in a few simple steps:
- quickly press and release the volume up key;
- quickly press and release the volume down button;
- press the side Power (right) and hold it until the screen turns off and the Apple logo appears.
What to do if mechanical keys do not work
If one of the mechanical keys is broken, we recommend using the standard Assistive Touch app.
The app is opened via Settings-General-Accessibility-Assistive Touch. When enabled, a simulation of the Home button will appear on the screen. The icon can be moved anywhere on the screen. Click on it and select “Apparatus”. In the pop-up menu, hold the “Screen lock” option until the “Shutdown” slider appears.
To turn your phone back on, you need to connect a Lightning cable to it.
How to restart iPhone depending on model
There are two types of smartphone reboots. one of them is normal or system, and the other is called forced or hard. There are different ways to restart iOs for different iPhone models, so let’s dwell on each model separately.
How to Restart iPhone to Normal Mode?
- Touch the iPhone screen on the left side of the red slide to power off button and, without lifting your finger from the screen surface, slide the button to its right border. This gesture is called “Swipe” (from the English. Swipe. hold without tearing). iPhone will start to shutdown.
- Wait until the screen of the device completely goes out and shortly press the “Power” button. The Apple logo will appear on the display and the iPhone will boot normally.
Force restart iPhone
The forced reboot method will differ depending on the model.
How to Force Reboot/Restart iPhone XR. Frozen Screen Fix
iPhone 7 and later
On iPhones that were released after the iPhone 7, the Home button was made touch-sensitive. If the iOS operating system is frozen, then pressing the sensor will not work. They made another emergency reboot method for them:
- Press the power button and volume down button at the same time. Do not release and hold for about 6 seconds.
This method allows you to forcibly restart your iPhone or iPad when a software failure occurs. We advise you to use this procedure in case of emergency, and if you can get by with the remaining 2 methods, use them. Leave this one as a last resort.
The third and final method of restarting an iPhone is only effective during normal operation of the iOS device, when the touch display responds to touch and the device performs the necessary operations, but the shutdown button is damaged or does not work.
How to restart iPhone from any state?
At least once, but every owner of an iPhone or any other iOS device faced software glitches when the device stops responding to touching the screen and pressing mechanical control buttons (Home and Power). What to do if iPhone freezes and refuses to obey elementary commands? In today’s instructions, we will introduce you, dear readers, with 3 ways to restart your iPhone from any state.
Turn off iPhone using Assistive Touch
Within the framework of this manual, we will get acquainted with the method of turning off an iOS device without using the “Power” button using the Assistive Touch function.
- Tap on the Assistive Touch menu icon;
- In the menu of this function, “tap” on the “Device” icon, and then a long “tap” (touch the screen of the device and do not lift your finger) on “Screen lock” wait for the “Turn off” and “Cancel” buttons to appear;
- And then everything is like when you turn off the iPhone in normal mode, make a “swipe right” on the “Turn off” button. The device will start to turn off;
- How can you then turn it on if the shutdown button is not working properly? Just connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB cable and it will turn on normally.
This method is suitable for such phone models as:
- iPhone 6, 6S, 6S Plus,
- iPhone SE,
- iPhone 5, 5S, 5C,
- iPhone 4S.
Restart iPhone normally
Let’s consider all the options in order. First, try restarting your phone normally. To do this, you need to press and hold for a few seconds the “Power” button (turning on / off the device), usually located on the side or top, depending on the iPhone model.
After the “Turn off” command appears, hold your finger on this command and, without lifting your finger from the screen, slide it to the right to the border of the red frame in which the word “Turn off” is written. This movement is called “Swipe”, which translated from English means “a method of entering text without taking your finger off the touch screen.” Correctly executed swipe will lead to a complete shutdown of the phone.
Wait 10-15 seconds and press the “Power” on / off button again. Hold it for a few seconds. When the device starts to launch, the Apple logo will appear on a black background. This means that the system is starting up. After a few more seconds, the operating system is fully loaded and you can use the phone again. All freezes and other crashes will be fixed.
System Restore in DFU Mode
If the previous method did not work, then try reinstalling the system in DFU mode. This mode is intended for a complete reinstallation of the iOS system in order to restore it:
- Connect iPhone to computer with USB cable and launch iTunes.
- Turn off your phone completely: when using iPhone 7 and above, press and hold the Power button for a few seconds, then, without releasing it, hold down the volume down button, keep both buttons pressed for another 10 seconds. On earlier versions of iPhones, press and hold the power button for a few seconds, then, without releasing it, hold down the “Home” button (round button at the bottom of the screen on the front side), hold both buttons pressed for another 10 seconds.
If these manipulations are performed correctly, the screen of the device will go out and will remain black. iTunes will detect the iPhone and start a system restore. After successfully completed system restore, the phone will turn on by itself.
What to do if the previous steps did not help
If the phone does not restart after completing the above steps, connect it to the charger and leave it charging for about 1 hour. Make sure the phone is charging. a power icon should appear on the screen. After about an hour, try the above methods again.
How to Restart iPhone in Normal and Force Mode
If the iPhone is frozen, you can fix the software glitch by restarting the device. However, there are situations when the phone off button also does not respond and the device completely refuses to obey the commands. To solve this problem, you need to force restart your iPhone. We will describe in detail how to do this in this review.
Force restart for iPhone 8, 8 Plus and other models with Face ID
The principle of rebooting later iPhone models is similar to the previous method, but the volume up button is also involved. To restart iPhone 8, 8 Plus, X, XS, XR and other phone models released after iPhone 8, you need to follow these steps:
- Press and immediately release the volume up button,
- Then press and immediately release the volume down button,
- In the third step, press and hold the on / off button “Power”,
- After the company logo appears on the screen, release the “Power” button.
The first three steps must be performed quickly, without interruptions, even per second, but not simultaneously. Only in this case will the phone recognize it as a command to reboot.
Attention! The same steps apply to iPad. If you are using an iPad model with Face ID, then restart the device using the three buttons. volume up, volume down and “Power”. If you are using an iPad with the Home button, then simultaneously hold down two buttons. Home and Power.
Restarting iPhone with Assistive Touch
This method is intended to control a mobile device without mechanical buttons, for example, if the “Power” on / off button does not work. With Assistive Touch, you can control your phone with gestures that completely replace mechanical device control. This feature will help you restart your iPhone, but not if it freezes.
To activate Assistive Touch, you need to open the settings, go to the section “General”. “Accessibility”. “Interaction”. “Assistive Touch”. Switch the slider to the “On” position, in this position the slider will turn green. After enabling Assistive Touch, you will be able to familiarize yourself with all the features of the function and customize them as you like.
To turn off the phone through this function without a mechanical “Power” button, click on the Assistive Touch menu icon, then on the “Device” icon, after which the “Screen lock” function will appear. Press your finger on the “Screen lock” function and hold your finger, without lifting from the screen for a few seconds, until the “Power off” button appears. Now you can move the slider to the “Off” position and the phone will turn off.
To turn on the phone if the “Power” button does not work, connect the iPhone with a USB cable to the computer and it will turn on again in normal mode.
Keyboard shortcut to restart iPhone SE, 5s, and earlier
A hard restart implies the following scheme:
- Hold and hold the “Awake / Sleep” key until the slider appears on the display.
- Find the slider and move it with a swipe of your finger to the right side.
- During the black display, you need to hold down “Awakening / Sleep” again until the “Apple” icon appears on it.
Important! Early models of smartphones have a Sleep or Wake key located on top of the device.
Assistive Touch Feature Description
The functionality was originally intended for users with disabilities. People who find it difficult to operate the device using standard keys or gestures have the ability to activate the device through a single press on the touch screen in a certain place.
When the application is active, the display shows 8 shortcuts that are responsible for certain actions. The list of essential keys is presented:
- “Notification Center”. Allows you to display the application of the same name, excludes an additional gesture in the form of swiping your finger from top to bottom on the display glass;
- “Apparatus”. Helps to open a subsection where you can perform various actions with the gadget, including locking the screen, increasing or decreasing the sound volume, rotating the display, etc.;
- “Control Center”. Displays the block of the same name, warns of an unnecessary gesture of moving your finger from bottom to top;
- “Home”. Completely duplicates the work of the Home key, can close the program or return the user to the first tab located on the desktop;
- Siri. Activates the assistant;
- “By gestures.” If desired, the user can add new options for movements, making it easier for himself to control the device.
For your information! The specified keys are present in the system by default, but the developers made it possible to change them at their own discretion.
To add additional custom gestures in the program, you need to carry out the following procedures:
- Visit the main menu of a mobile device.
- Go to the subsection “Basic”.
- Move to the “Universal Access” block.
- Find and activate the “Assistive Touch” application in it.
- Click on the inscription “Create a new gesture”.
- Touch or slide your finger across the touchscreen. This will create a new type of smartphone control. If the user makes several movements, then they will automatically be combined into a common gesture.
- After completing the action, you need to click on “Stop”, which is located at the bottom of the display on the right side.
- To view the total, activate “Start”, to overwrite it. “Record”.
- The option you like is saved with the “Save” button. It is localized from above in the corner on the right side.
- Enter the name of the personal gesture and complete the procedure by pressing the save key again.
All new gestures will become available in the application menu: from the program shortcut you need to go to the “User” subsection. To customize the menu in the utility, you need to carry out the following sequence of actions:
- Visit “Settings” and move from them to the subsection “General”.
- Find “Accessibility”, and in it the shortcut to the “Assistive Touch” application.
- Click on “Customize Top Level Menu”.
- Activate the “Add” key or click on an existing icon.
- Select “Action” or “Function”.
- Tap on the “Plus” or “Minus” circles (they are located on the bottom right side) to add or remove an icon.
For your information! The maximum number of labels is 8 units. They will pop up first when you activate the program. If in the end the user does not like the control option he has made, to disable the icon, just press the “Reset” button, which is located at the bottom of the display.
How to restart iPhone in a standard way or forcefully
Many electronic devices are equipped with reboot functionality, including modern smartphones. It allows you to save the device from system failures and restore the device’s performance. Faced with unpleasant phenomena: from freezing to incorrect execution of commands, users are looking for an answer to the question of how to restart an iPhone. There are two options for the procedure, each requires the exact execution of step-by-step instructions.
Keyboard shortcut to restart iPhone X, XS, and XR
The principle for performing the operation in the new models remains the same as in the previous versions. To carry out the manipulation, you must complete the following steps:
- Press and release the “Volume or Up” key.
- Then perform the same actions with another button “Volume. or down”.
- Immediately hold down the “On” key and keep it until the company logo appears on the display.
Important! Hold “On” you need at least 10 seconds. In some cases, with a serious failure, the duration of the manipulation can increase to several minutes.
Keyboard shortcut to restart iPhone 8
With the release of this line of smartphones, the company has made a final change in the key combinations designed to perform a forced restart of devices. To execute it, you will need to use 3 keys and press them in a strictly defined sequence.
- Press and release quickly “Volume Up”.
- Repeat the procedure with “Volume down”.
- Press and hold the side “On” button before the appearance of the “Apple” logo.
Important! The process should be fast, especially the first 2 points. Manipulation repeats system restart in more modern models.
Keyboard shortcut to restart iPhone 6s and 6
A violent restart of the operating system is used for serious and sudden problems. The manufacturer does not recommend it for a regular reboot, which must be done periodically. The procedure follows the standard aLGorithm:
- It is necessary to simultaneously press the “Off” keys. and Home. The latter has a built-in sensor for fingerprint recognition.
- The darkened display will soon be replaced by a company logo.
- When it spins, they can be released. This means that the activation of the start of the operating system has occurred.
Important! This technique is used to restart iPhone 6S and 6S Plus. Both versions have a mechanical Home key.
How to restart iPhone if buttons don’t work
The control of the company’s mobile devices can be carried out without the use of mechanical keys. The developers took into account that everything has its limit of use, and it is quite limited both in time and in the manner of the user to handle the device. In this case, you can use a touchscreen display, since it is more durable than mechanics (subject to its integrity).
Touch control can be activated when the Assistive Touch application is running. It allows for flexible hardware settings using conventional gestures and can easily replace the mechanical part of a smartphone.
A non-standard method to reboot a frozen mobile device is a complete discharge of the battery. At the moment when the charge becomes insufficient for the normal functioning of the device, it will automatically shut down. Turning on and restarting the operating system will begin from the moment the gadget is connected to the electricity source.
How to Force Restart iPhone
Apple smartphones run a complex operating system. When problems arise, problems begin with the functionality of the devices: individual modules fail, regular errors appear in programs, and an involuntary shutdown occurs. In some cases, the device freezes completely, it stops responding to all attempts to make it function.
Why do you need a hard reboot for iPhone X and other versions of mobile devices:
- it helps to restart a poorly functioning operating system;
- stabilize the performance of individual applications;
- stop persistent errors and crashes in iOS;
- clear the cached data of the gadget;
- restore the work of certain hardware modules.
If the phone does not respond to standard commands, and it cannot be turned on or off, then the only option is to carry out a hard reset. This type of reset means an operation that helps to get rid of braking, slow smartphone operation or solve problems with the wireless network, applications, keyboard.
Note! A hard restart of a mobile device does not affect user information, does not erase passwords, does not delete photos, music tracks or the archive of correspondence in short messages. Otherwise, after a reboot, you will have to go back to the iTunes application and carry out a system restore from backup.
How to restart iPhone 10 if it freezes
- Hold and quickly release the volume up button.
- Hold and quickly release the volume down button again.
- Hold down the on / off button (Power key). Hold it until the iPhone screen darkens. Then the Apple logo should appear on the screen, the well-known Apple.
As a result of such simple actions, the smartphone must reboot and resume its work in the previous mode. This is how easy and fast a forced reboot of the device is performed.
However, sometimes the smartphone may not just freeze. Sometimes he may not show any signs of life at all: not respond to control buttons, not display an image on the display. What to do in this case? Use the same aLGorithm described above! The fact is that this method allows you not only to reboot the phone, but also to enter it into DFU mode. This mode will allow you to restore or update the device software if necessary. So the owners of the iPhone 10 will be able to revive their smartphone when the usual means of iTunes cannot perform the necessary action.
In some cases, DFU mode can fix a device crash. This will allow the smartphone to reboot and start operating normally. However, be careful when operating in DFU mode. Firmware recovery results in loss of data in the smartphone. To avoid this, it is better to make backups sometimes.
iPhone XS/iPhone XR: how to force restart, enter recovery, and DFU mode
These simple tips will help you get your smartphone back on track. However, it is best to initially avoid situations when your device needs an emergency reboot. Just remember to close background apps and watch your RAM. Then you don’t have to worry about forcibly restarting your phone.
A hard and emergency restart of the iPhone X is the shutdown of your gadget in order to restart the device with updated memory and fewer defects. As a rule, on new models you have to use a similar method of starting the device quite often due to the raw version of iOS.
In most cases, a forced reboot avoids smartphone software crashes or freezes. The described operation should not be performed on a permanent basis. This is an extreme measure, which is useful for situations when the iPhone 10 will be very “sausage”, or the usual (soft) restart does not help it.
Note! The method described by us does not destroy data from your smartphone, but simply forces it to restart. Typically, this process will take 10 seconds to complete.
Hard Reset, or the way to force restart the iPhone x, compared to other gadgets from Apple, is a little more complicated. However, there is nothing intricate and complicated here.
The function presented today is called differently: “forced and emergency shutdown”, “hard reset”, “hard and full reboot”, etc. In all cases, we are talking about rebooting the iPhone X, implemented outside the framework of traditional options. And the main problem for users is the lack of Home buttons. But, there is nothing to worry about if you follow our instructions.
How to force shutdown, restart, restore or enter DFU mode on iPhone X, XS, XR?
After buying a new iPhone 11 or iPhone 11 Pro, many users are wondering how to turn off or restart this smartphone. This information will be especially relevant for those who purchase an Apple smartphone for the first time or switch from an iPhone 8 or older devices.
The methods for rebooting and shutting down these models are slightly different.
thank re: Store for helpful information.
Hard restart iPhone X
If your iPhone X is frozen, then you most likely will not be able to restart it by turning it off and on. For such cases, the iPhone has a forced restart. On the iPhone X, this is done as follows:
- Press and quickly release the volume up button.
- Press and quickly release the volume down button.
- Press and hold the power button until the Apple logo appears.
It should be noted that this method of forced reboot is relevant only for the iPhone X, since in other iPhone models it is done differently. You can read more about this in our article on restarting your iPhone.
How to turn off iPhone 11
Holding down the power button on iPhone X and newer devices, which is common on previous models, does not bring up the shutdown menu. Instead, the Siri voice assistant will be activated.
If you turn off Siri or turn off activation by pressing the side button, then a long press on it will not work at all. You need to turn off your iPhone in one of the following ways:
Shutdown via settings
The shutdown button for this case has long been hidden in the bowels of the system.
Go to Settings. General and at the very bottom of the page we see the Disable button. After pressing, the usual slider appears, one swipe and the smartphone turns off.
When it helps: when you need to turn off your smartphone for a while so that it does not lose battery power.
Switching off via the emergency call menu
Holding down the power button and any of the volume keys on an iPhone with Face ID brings up the emergency call menu. So you can call the rescue service without unlocking your smartphone, look at the owner’s medical record and, of course, restart your iPhone.
When it helps: when to turn off iPhone even without entering an unlock password or face scan.
How to turn off / on iPhone 10?
iPhone 10 came out completely different from its predecessors, as it is the first Apple smartphone without a Home button.
Nevertheless, as shown by the initial sales, the iPhone X fell in love with many fans and the first lots were sold out instantly. I have no doubt that at first, many had slight difficulties in using it due to the lack of a Home button.
Powering up the iPhone 10. In terms of powering up, nothing has changed in the iPhone 10. Just find the Power button on the right side and hold it down until the Apple logo appears.
The first time it will not be so fast, because the first activation always takes some time. But then, this process will not take long.
Shutting down iPhone X. The shutdown process has changed completely. Now there are as many as two ways to implement this action:
If you are lazy to constantly go into the settings, then you can turn off the iPhone 10 using the buttons. To do this, simultaneously hold down the Power button and any of the volume buttons.
Only after that the old slider appears (at the very top) and by swiping your finger, the device turns off.
These points can also be attributed to the REGULAR RESTART of the gadget, when the device does not freeze, but it just needs to be rebooted.
Alternative Ways to Restart iPhone X
In addition, there are some alternative ways to restart iPhone X. You can use them if the options described above for some reason do not suit you.
For example, you can turn off your iPhone X through settings. To do this, just open the “Settings” application and scroll down the list of options to the very end. There you will see a “Power off” button that can be used to turn off the device.
You can also turn off iPhone 10 using AssistiveTouch. To do this, go to the settings, open the section “General. Accessibility” and turn on the “AssistiveTouch” function.
After that, a floating button will appear on the screen of your iPhone X, which can be used to perform some operations. In order to turn off the device, you need to click on this button and select the “Apparatus” section.
Then you need to press the “Screen lock” button and hold it down until the shutdown button appears on the screen.
You can also start a reboot by changing some settings. For example, if you go to the “General. Accessibility” section of the settings and enable the “Bold font” function there, a warning about the device restart will appear on the screen. Click “OK” and the iPhone has rebooted.
Another option is to reset your network settings. If you go to “General. Reset” and use the “Reset network settings” option and activate the “Reset network settings” function, the iPhone will restart automatically.
As a last resort, you can reboot iPhone X by draining its battery to zero and charging it. After a little charge it will turn on automatically.
Long intensive work and a huge number of applications running at the same time greatly slow down the speed of smartphones. In this mode, even the latest devices are not immune to freezing. Especially often, phone owners face such a problem during the cold season. In severe frost, iPhone 10 can also freeze. In such an emergency, you need to know how to force restart the device.
The owners of earlier models of Apple smartphones are already accustomed to working with the Home button and its capabilities. The iPhone 10 lacks the Home button most familiar to most. It allowed performing traditional operations, including emergency reboot. Because of this, iPhone x owners often ask, how can you restart your smartphone now? There is an easy way to do this.
Restart iPhone X normally
If you need to restart your iPhone X, the best way to do this is to turn off and then turn on the device. In this case, the reboot is performed as naturally as possible and will definitely not create any additional problems. Of course, if the smartphone is completely frozen, then this method will not work and you need to use a forced reboot, but this does not happen so often.
So, to restart the iPhone X, you need to simultaneously press the power button (right) and the volume down button (left). After that, these buttons must be held down until you are prompted to turn off the iPhone.
Next, you need to turn off the iPhone X by moving the power button to the right.
After turning off, you need to wait a few seconds and turn on the smartphone again using the power button, which is located on the right side of the device. This will reboot your iPhone X as safely as possible.
Most likely, this method will work on the new iPhone XR and iPhone XS models.
How to Hard Boot iPhone X ?
Now let’s deal with situations where your iPhone is frozen and not responding to any gestures. Considering all the glitches and flaws in iOS 11, such a need can often arise.
If earlier, to perform a “hard” reboot, it was enough to simultaneously hold down the Home and Power buttons, then in the iPhone X everything is somewhat different.
- Press and release the Volume Up button;
- Press and release the Volume Down button;
- Hold down the Power button.
Only after following the instructions correctly, the device can reboot and after a certain period of time, you will be able to see the Apple and iPhone X, which can again be used in normal mode.
I hope you won’t have any problems restarting your iPhone X or shutting it down.
The new iPhone X, sometimes mistakenly referred to as the iPhone 10, has brought a lot of changes from previous models. In particular, in the iPhone X the Home button has disappeared and the screen configuration has changed. These solutions saved a large amount of space for placing a screen with a larger diagonal, but on the other hand, this led to significant changes in the principles of smartphone management.
For example, the abandonment of the Home button led to the need to look for other buttons for the functions that used it. So, the voice assistant Siri is now launched not using the Home button, but using the power button. And there are a lot of similar changes in the iPhone X, which creates a lot of inconvenience to users.
How to Force Restart iPhone X, XS, or XR?
Note that the following steps need to be done quickly.
- Press and immediately release the volume up key
- Press the volume down key and again immediately release
- Now, press and hold the Power key and hold it until the device reboots
Three main keys
Starting with the iPhone X, Apple has installed only three physical keys in its smartphones: volume up, volume down and power key. All of the following actions in our guide will be performed using combinations of these three keys.
How to force shutdown, restart, restore or enter DFU mode on iPhone X, XS, XR?
The iPhone XS and XS Max are already officially on sale, and the XR is coming soon. Considering the release of the iPhone X last year, there are more and more smartphones from Apple in the world that lack the “Home” button. In this regard, many users have a logical question: “How now to perform a forced reboot or switch to DFU mode?” Our guide has been created especially for such cases. We tell you how to use basic functions on new smartphones.
How to enter Recovery mode on iPhone X, XS, and XR?
- Connect your smartphone to a PC with iTunes installed via a USB cable
- Now, quickly press the volume up key and release it
- Press and release the volume down key
- Press and hold the power key, do not release it even when the device starts to reboot and the Apple logo appears on the display
- Release the key when Connect to iTunes appears on the display
- Launch iTunes, a message will appear on the PC screen confirming that the iOS device is connected and “Recovery” has started. After that, the program will offer two options: updating or restoring the software.
How to turn off iPhone X, XS, or XR?
- Press and hold the side key and any volume key until a dialog box appears on the screen
- Swipe right at the top of the display. After that, the smartphone will turn off
- To turn on your smartphone again, just press the power key once
How to start DFU Mode on iPhone X, XS, and XR?
First, it is worth explaining what DFU mode is. This is a function that allows you to restore the system to work in cases where the smartphone cannot load iOS.
- Connect your smartphone to a PC with iTunes installed via a USB cable
- Now, quickly press the volume up key and release it
- Press and release the volume down key
- Press and hold the Power key for 10 seconds, the iPhone display should turn black
- While continuing to hold the power key, press and hold the volume down key for 5 seconds, then release the power key and continue to hold the volume key for another 10 seconds. If you did everything correctly, the display will be black the whole time.
- Open iTunes. The program will inform you that it has detected the iPhone in recovery mode and must be restored before using it.
- Confirm the action, then the iPhone will be restored
Also, with other helpful guides on iOS, macOS and watchOS on our website, by the Guide tag.