How to Find a Phone From Another Phone
Nowadays it is difficult to find a person who does not have a cell phone. Now a mobile phone is not only a means of communication, but also a repository of very important and valuable information. This is not only phone numbers and photos, but also various applications with which you can manage your bank account or electronic wallet. Therefore, the loss of your electronic gadget can be a real problem. How to find a lost phone and protect yourself from this in the future?
- What to do if you have lost your phone
- on how to find a phone
- How to protect yourself from the loss or theft of your phone
What to do if you have lost your phone
There are several ways to find a lost phone, it depends primarily on how and where you lost it.
If you have lost your phone at home
If you lost your phone in your apartment, then consider yourself lucky, because in such circumstances the chances of finding a mobile device are much higher than in other cases.
If you know that you have it turned off, then the following search methods are suitable:
- Remember where and when you last held the phone in your hands, what then did next. Follow the entire route from the beginning, performing the same actions, simultaneously inspecting everything around. You could drop it on the sofa, leave it on a shelf and put something on top or even mistakenly put it in the refrigerator, it happens.
- Consider even the most unusual at first glance options. After all, you can, holding the phone in one hand, and the banana skin in the other, distract yourself and accidentally throw in the bin not what you planned.
- Ask those who were in the apartment with you at the time of the loss if they took your phone to make a call. Perhaps they moved your cell phone to another place or simply forgot to return it. If you have children, then look in their toys, children are very attracted to modern gadgets, and they always pull their little hands towards them.
- Combining the search process with the general cleaning is very useful, this will help you more carefully explore all the hidden places that you would not even think to check. As a result, you will not only find your loss, but also make your home cleaner, and perhaps you will find something else that was lost earlier.
- Use a flashlight to check places where there is not enough light. For example, under a sofa or behind a closet.
- If you know that an alarm is set on your device, then most likely it will work even if the phone is turned off. Make sure that there is silence in the apartment by the appointed time, listen carefully and go to the sound.
on how to find a phone
If you have lost your phone on the street or in a public place
Of course, your chances of finding a phone in this situation are much lower than in the first case, but it’s still worth a try.
Try to identify the place where you could lose your phone. Remember where you used it for the last time, if you usually carry the phone in a bag, you could drop it when you got something out of it. Your memories will help significantly narrow your search.
You can put up announcements along the route of your trip, where you inform about your situation and promise to pay a reward to those who found your cell phone. It is much more convenient to receive a reward for your find than to try to sell a phone without documents.
If your phone is stolen
In this case, it is very important to act quickly, it is easiest to find a thief in hot pursuit. Contact the police station in the area where the theft took place. Write a statement, provide a description of the suspect, if any, tell the time and place where they found the loss.
Give in the application number IMEI your device. This is an individual identification number assigned to each smartphone, you can find it on the sticker that is located under the battery in the phone or on the box from your device. IMEI consists of fifteen digits, it includes the phone model number, country of manufacture and an individual code. This number remains unchanged even if you change the SIM card.
By court order, the mobile operator can provide law enforcement authorities with information using your phone’s identification number, which will contain information about the time of calls, their duration and, most importantly, the location of the mobile device relative to the nearest telephone tower. Such information is stored in server memory. Billing.
In theory, everything sounds easy and simple, but in practice, you will encounter problems finding your phone using this method.
- Firstly, thousands of telephones are lost and stolen in cities every day, and law enforcement agencies are in no hurry to start a case in each of these cases. Perhaps you will be discouraged from writing a statement, hinting that the chances of finding a loss are very low.
- Secondly, mobile operators are far from always inclined to cooperate, without a court order, they may refuse to provide billing data, referring to the legislative framework, which does not regulate the work process in such cases.
- Thirdly, a request from law enforcement agencies to provide data can take a very long time, during this time an attacker can already change the IMEI number by restarting the software on the phone, which makes it impossible to further determine it in the operator’s database.
How to protect yourself from the loss or theft of your phone
You cannot protect yourself from the possibility of losing your phone by 100%, but you can minimize this probability by following simple rules and recommendations.
- Always keep your phone in the same place. If you go with a bag, then select for your mobile a separate inner pocket, preferably with a zipper. Thus, you get used to the fact that the phone is constantly there and immediately notice its loss. Keep your phone at home, for example, on your bedside table or in any other place so you always know where your favorite gadget is.
- There are headsets informing the owner that the mobile device to which they are connected is more than five meters away. This signal will help you not to leave the phone in the office or on the table in the cafe will also inform you that your phone may have been stolen, and right now the thief is running away.
- At rush hour, a lot of people are crowded in public transport, everyone is standing very close to each other and in such a situation it is almost impossible to feel that you are being pulled out of your phone. To protect yourself from this, use headphones, turn on your favorite music on the phone, this will not only brighten up the trip, but also a sudden disconnection of the song will be a signal that someone else has stolen the cell.
- Hang on your phone a keychain that is specially created to help you find the missing item at home or in the office. There are several principles of operation of such devices, some start to emit a sound signal, responding to clapping or whistling, while others respond to a transmitter signal that you can store in your wallet or bag.
Losing your phone has always been an unpleasant event, but with the development of technology, this can be a solved problem. It is best to pre-worry about the likelihood of such an incident: install special programs designed to help find the loss; set a password when unlocking, so that attackers could not use your phone; Save all important data to the cloud so that you can always use it.
General Search Tips
To begin with, you must assume a possible place to lose your mobile phone, otherwise it’s almost pointless to start searching, especially if you were in dozens of places during the day. If you were supposed to leave the phone in two or three places, then it is advisable to send a person to each place so that the search lasts simultaneously. During the search, call on your mobile phone to find it at least by sound. Just don’t ring on your mobile just like that, otherwise an outsider will hear it, who will find your phone and naturally will not return. If there are more than three places where you could lose your mobile phone, and no one can help you find a lost phone, then you should search “quietly”, do not call your number, otherwise attract outsiders to the phone.
It is especially difficult to look for a mobile phone that, not only has it been lost, also turned off (the battery has run out or turned off when it fell).
At home, you need to look for a mobile very carefully, and you need to do this even in those places where you think it definitely cannot be. As an example to follow, we can recall how law enforcement agencies or soldiers are looking for evidence. They pull along and across the thread, creating a grid of squares, and each square is carefully examined. In our case, it is not necessary to pull the threads, but visually divide the rooms into zones. It should.
How not to lose your phone?
It is much easier to follow basic rules that will help you not to lose your mobile phone, wherever you are.
1. Carry your phone in only one place. It can be a pocket, a bag, a cover on a belt, a cover on a chest or in a hand, having thrown a loop handle on the brush from the cover. The main thing is that this place never changes. In this case, you will immediately feel that something is missing, and quickly find out about the loss of a mobile phone.
2. The phone must always be in a secure place., especially if you are often in public transport, in the market or in other places with a large crowd of people.
In moments when there are especially many people around you, try to hold your hand on your mobile phone, don’t count on the fact that the mobile is closely adjacent to your body, and you will notice when it falls out or someone starts pulling it out. Believe me, the skill and accuracy of pickpockets will surprise you!
3. Buy phones with “anti-theft protection” only. In modern phones, protective programs are installed in the firmware that complicate the life of thieves and persons who accidentally seized property of others, i.E. Those who found the phone, but did not want to return it to the owner. Such programs work quite simply: as soon as a new SIM card is inserted into the phone, it sends SMS to the specified numbers indicating that the SIM card has been changed in your phone and indicates a new number, by calling to which you can inform the owner about that he uses the stolen mobile and ask to be returned in a good way, or otherwise you will report the theft to law enforcement agencies.
5. Know how to stand out. When the phone has distinctive features, it is not only beautiful, but also practical. For example, your name is written on the phone or your photo is drawn. You can order such drawings in many mobile phone repair shops. Such a mobile dealer will not always want to buy, and even more so ordinary buyers.
6. Ask the finder to return the phone in absentia. Fantasy helps everyone and everyone, even in the fight against theft of mobile phones, you can use imagination and ingenuity that can help you. For example, write a note to your potential mobile phone thief:
“You found the phone number of police captain Alexander Pugavkin. This phone is official, and contains a lot of important information for work, so I urge you to return the mobile phone for a fee. To do this, please call 123-432-432-23-12 ”
This note is easier to print on your computer and print in small print. Cut and put into the phone, behind the battery (where the SIM card is inserted). In any case, the thief or the person who found the mobile will have to replace the SIM card, and upon seeing such a note, he will think ten times before using such a mobile phone.
7. Wear a cord instead of a keychain on your phone. We all love to hang various trinkets on our phones that decorate the phone even more and give it a certain personality. However, for security reasons (from theft and loss), instead of these key chains, you can hang the so-called lace, a fabric loop for the arm or neck. Indeed, thanks to the lacing on the hand, even if the brush is unclenched, the mobile will remain hanging on the hand, and thus protect it from scratches and breakages that occur when it falls.
8. Use mobile as a notebook. In order not to lose a mobile phone, you should treat it more carefully and always keep it at hand. You can create the need for a permanent presence at hand by giving it the role of a notebook. That is, instead of the usual diary or notepad, write down all tasks and reminders in it. Thus, you accustom yourself even more often to use mobile, which means you will not lose sight of it. If you don’t use the notebook, you can give it another function, for example, use it as an MP3 player or even as a mini-replacement for a laptop (it all depends on the capabilities of the phone).
Phone search by imei (satellite)
Every day, hundreds of people try to find a mobile phone by imei code, entering it in a pseudo database of sites and expecting them to be shown the real location of the phone. But we want to destroy these dreams and tell the truth: finding a phone this way is impossible, at least to “ordinary mortals.” The fact is that only senior officials of law enforcement agencies have such an opportunity, who can submit a corresponding request to a mobile company, and she, in turn, will do everything necessary for the search.
Therefore, when you are offered to send SMS or in another way to pay money and receive data on the location of the stolen phone. Do not believe this, because You just throw money away, because before you is a usual fraud and nothing more.
You can only rely on service sites that collect imei codes. In such resources, anyone can enter the code of his stolen phone and indicate how you can return the phone and for what reward. Therefore, if you find a mobile phone, you can look at this site, where you can check to see if anyone is looking for it. We’ll not name sites, because Unfortunately, there are no permanent and major services yet, and it makes no sense to indicate temporary services, since they can be closed in a month.
The programs work as follows: you install software on your phone, register on the official website and enter the data of your mobile phone (if you want). After which the program works all the time, while the mobile phone is turned on and transfers data from GPS to the site. That is, at any time, you can go to the site and see where your mobile phone is now. The advantages of this method are that it works regardless of the inserted SIM card, the disadvantages are that you need free access to the Internet, and a modern phone.
It is IMPOSSIBLE to follow the phone in another way! Therefore, do not try to send SMS to vague numbers that promise to provide you with any information about the location of the phone.
Search by number
Fair? You will not succeed with this method! Of course, you can contact the police if the mobile was stolen. However, most likely, no one will look for your mobile phone, let alone raise large mobile communication organizations “on the ears”. And the point is not so much in the laziness or incompetence of law enforcement agencies as in the high cost of this procedure, because it is not put “on stream”, which means that it distracts the employees of the company from the immediate duties, which can cause various problems.
In addition, there are rare cases when attackers continue to use your mobile phone number, so you should not count on this method.
Searches for Address
This method is the most simple and understandable to everyone. You will need to know the country, city, region, district, city, street, house and apartment. Databases of numbers with addresses can be easily found on the Internet, and these databases can be either an online version or offline, which allows you to search for phone numbers even without an Internet connection. Nevertheless, it should be understood that you will be provided with phone numbers only those that are attached to this address, which means that they will not be mobile numbers, but stationary. In addition, before looking for a number, look at the year in which the base was compiled, especially old bases are useless, because often the numbers and addresses of people change (apartments are sold, and telephone lines change to modern ones, which entails a change in the landline phone number).
We wish you never to lose your mobile phone, and if you have already lost, then quickly find it. And by the way, we will read with pleasure about how you look for your mobile phone when you lose it at home or elsewhere. You can leave your stories and tips in the comments to this article.