How to Enter the Engineering Menu on Xiaomi
Most Android devices have hidden functions, which include the engineering menu of Xiaomi, and any other phone. It is hiding primarily from inexperienced users so that they do not break firewood.
What is the engineering menu for?
The engineering menu is used by developers to finalize the device. Here you can check the operation of all sensors and test the main components. In total, there are about 25 different types of tests.
How to open the engineering menu on Xiaomi smartphones?
There are 2 ways to enter the Xiaomi engineering menu:
Method number 1. through dialing
This method is suitable for all Xiaomi smartphones of the Mi and Redmi line. you need to enter in the dialing mode: ## 6484 ##. If this code does not work, try ## 4636 ##.
Method number 2. through the settings
The action algorithm is simple:
- Open “Settings»Smartphone
- Go to the menu “About phone“
- We find the item “Kernel version“And quickly click on it 5 times
It is worth noting that, depending on the model of your smartphone. the engineering menu may vary.
Here is the engineering menu on Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite:
In this case, the menu has 32 items (their number may also vary depending on the model of smartphone):
- Check version info. version information. Here you can see the IMEI and serial number;
- SIM card. shows SIM cards installed on the smartphone;
- Support TFCard. information about a third-party SD drive;
- Touch sensor. touchscreen test;
- Display. display test;
- Receiver. test the standard speaker;
- speaker. test spoken dynamics;
- Light sensor. light sensor test;
- Proximity sensor. proximity sensor test;
- OTG. testing external USB;
- Charger test. charge check (you need to connect the charger);
- Battery indicator. displays the charge level and battery temperature;
- Read camera. rear camera;
- Rear sub camera. rear auxiliary camera;
- Rear dual camera. rear dual camera;
- Front camera. front-camera;
- FPC fingerprint sensor. verification of the fingerprint sensor;
- Keyboard test. checking the keys “increase sound”, “turn down the sound” and “block”;
- Vibrator test. vibration test;
- Notification light (LED). test flashlight and display brightness;
- Main mic. test the main microphone;
- Top mic. test test the top microphone;
- Headset test. headphone test;
- Wi-Fi AP Scan. Scanning Wi-Fi networks;
- Wi-Fi Address. The address of the Wi-Fi network to which the smartphone is connected;
- Bluetooth scan. search for bluetooth devices;
- Get bluetooth address. bluetooth address of your device;
- Accelerometer. check acceleration sensor;
- Gyroscope. checking the gyroscope;
- Magnetic sensor. test of the magnetic sensor;
- GPS. check the GPS sensor;
- Sar sensor. level of electromagnetic radiation.
And here is how it looked on the old Xiaomi Redmi 3s:
The menu consists of five items:
- Automatic Test. All parameters will be tested automatically.
- Single Item Test. Here you can separately run any of the tests.
- Test Report. Here you can see the test results.
- SW add HW version. Find out the version of the smartphone.
- Device View. All information about the equipment of the device.
If everything is clear with paragraphs 1,3,4,5, then the second should be told separately, since it includes a bunch of tests.
- Key. checking the functionality of physical buttons
- Blacklight. display brightness test
- Touchpanel. sensor testing
- TFlash. check memory card
- Bluetooth. searches for all available devices
- SIM Card. check for SIM cards
- Vibration. vibration test
- Loopback. tests the talking microphone for recording and playback
- LCD. display colors
- GPS. satellite search
- Gyro. work of a gyroscope
- G-sensor. speed sensor
- Proximity sensor. responsible for the attenuation of the screen during a conversation
- Optical sensor. optical sensor
- Magnetic sensor. magnetic sensor
- Rtc. built-in clock
- Speaker. checking the speaker
- Receiver. check the standard speaker
- Headset. test jack for headphones, headsets and audio playback
- LED. notification indicator
- FM. checking the operation of the radio
- Camera. test the camera and flash
- Battery. battery operation and charging
- Wifi. we are looking for access points
- Torch. check the flashlight
As you can see, using the engineering menu on Xiaomi, it is possible to get a lot of information. An experienced user can use it to roll back the smartphone to the standard (factory) settings, test the operation of all sensors, find out more detailed information about the device, optimize battery consumption and much more.
For beginners, we categorically do not recommend climbing here, because, as stated at the very beginning of the article, you can break firewood.