How to Enhance Wifi on Hp Pavilion Laptop
Even in the line of computer devices from one manufacturer there is no single instruction regarding connection to the World Wide Web. Therefore, many users have problems when solving this issue. See below for tips on how to enable Wi-Fi on your HP laptop.
What the user needs to do before turning on Wi-Fi
Wireless network adapter drivers are the first thing to check on a device. Especially if it is new, or the operating system has recently been reinstalled. How to do it:
To resolve the issue, you need to open the standard “Device Manager” window, then the “Run” item. The key combination “WinR” is used. In the window that opens, enter “Devmgmt.mst”. Then it remains to click on the OK button and wait until the dispatcher interface is fully loaded.
For the 10th version of the operating system, verification will be faster. You need to right-click on the “Start” menu, select the line with the dispatcher. The main thing is not to open the task manager itself, otherwise nothing will turn on.
Important! There is a third way to start. To implement it, right-click on “This computer”, or “My computer”. An additional menu will appear, from which users should be interested in the item by properties.
Next, you need to click on the link to the dispatcher in a new window that opens after the previous steps, and go to the menu with the name “Network Adapters”. There you should find a line with the words “Wireless”, “Wi-Fi”. The adapter will be deactivated if a gray arrow appears on any of the indicated lines. It is necessary to turn on the equipment of interest to correct the situation. The option to start the update, if necessary, is activated in the same section. The upgrade tool should work with automatic search. After that, the adapter should turn on.
If the update does not occur, the computer will inform you that the equipment is installed with the latest, current version.
Note! But you can under any circumstances check the official website of the manufacturer. It also gives tips on how to enable Wi-Fi on an HP laptop.
Checking the capabilities of a laptop
You should make sure in advance that the computer generally supports the appropriate technology. To do this, you need to perform not so many actions:
- Visit the official website of the manufacturer, where to find a specific PC model. To search, you need the serial number of the computer.
- In the main characteristics, find a string with a wireless connection.
- If the technology is supported, then everything is in order. Otherwise, it makes no sense to include a function that is initially absent. Pavilion models also obey this rule.
How to enable Wi-Fi
Modern keyboards are equipped with buttons for activating the Wi-Fi function. It is enough to inspect the device, find the button with the image of the antenna. The Wi-Fi network should start working right after the owner clicks on it.
Note! Sometimes a special light bulb is built into the keyboard that reports on the operation of a particular function. The Internet was no exception. If the indicator is on, the network is on, no. there are any problems.
Connection Manager is a useful application that is also found on most HP branded laptops. Turning on the network in this case involves performing just a few functions:
- Go to the Start menu.
- Go to the tab where the programs are located along with other applications.
- Search the HP Connector notation list, activate it.
- Setting the “Enabled” parameter in the line that is responsible for Wi-Fi.
After that, exit the menu and connect to the network of interest. The connection is disconnected using the same application, there is nothing complicated here.
Windows Control Center
The easiest way to work with computers on OP 7 and 10 versions. In this case, to resolve the issue, you must perform the following steps:
- Open in the “Start” panel and go to the “Control Center”.
- Find a window that allows you to make changes. Usually it is located in a column on the left side.
- The wireless widget should appear in the next window. In gray, inactive connections are immediately noticeable. Just click on the icon with the right mouse button to enable the function. In the drop-down menu, select the “On” section.
Note! If all actions are performed correctly, the wireless network should become active. The green bars on the module will confirm the successful completion of the procedure.
For all versions of the operating system Windows 7 and above, the actions will remain approximately the same. Connecting is easier than ever.
This refers to the desktop panel, which is located below. Activating the Internet in this case involves the following steps:
- In the lower right corner of the desktop, find the Wi-Fi-related icon. Wireless is active if the icon is white. Otherwise, it will be gray.
- A window will appear where you need to select a similar image to configure the connection.
- It remains to find the wireless network to which you plan to establish a connection.
Wi-Fi settings based on OS
In general, the setup procedure remains the same regardless of which operating system is currently in use. There are only some nuances that are better to familiarize yourself with in advance.
Additional settings involving the use of a touch screen are the main difference between the 10th version of Windows and previous analogues. The necessary drivers update automatically. Therefore, the setting should not cause special problems, even for novice users. It is enough to select the icon in the lower right corner, and then decide which free network to use when connecting.
Note! By checking the box next to the item, the user can make sure that access points are always selected automatically. A cross will appear on the icon if the adapter itself was not turned on for one reason or another. The situation is easily corrected by clicking on the correct button.
Wireless networks are often password protected, so they are entered when you first establish a connection.
In this case, the first step in setting up Wi-Fi is to gain access to the Control Panel. Users should be interested in an item called “Advanced system settings.”
- Go to the “Computer Name” tab.
- Select the “Change” option.
- A special window appears on the monitor screen that displays the name of the domain or the personal computer itself.
- When making any changes, you can not do without restarting the computer.
The next step is to select the icon associated with the wireless connection. A panel titled “Network and Sharing Center” will appear in front of the equipment owner. You need to press the confirmation key so that the appropriate item appears. A list will appear from which the Add function is selected. A Computer-to-Computer network is being created. To continue, click Next.
Important! Network names and parameters are fields that, if necessary, are filled with modified data. It remains to confirm all actions, enable sharing for connecting to the Internet. After clicking on the “Close” button, the wireless connection should work almost immediately.
What to do if I can’t connect
Here are just a few reasons why a laptop or laptop does not want to connect to the network:
- Violation of the Wi-Fi settings for a particular version of Windows;
- network card drivers with errors and violations or not installed at all;
- the module has become a major source of problems;
- the router is not working or not configured;
- long distance between network elements. Sometimes a monoblock suffers from this.
All laptops are mobile devices. That is why manufacturers are doing everything possible to increase battery life and battery charge. Wireless networks are one of the reasons why this setting may decrease. Therefore, modern devices provide the ability to disconnect the network manually.
To do this, use a special switch or a key with the designation “Fn”. A disabled laptop in this case will not be able to respond.
When using such methods, the device itself will inform the user that the network is working or disconnected.
Another option is to use the tools of the operating system itself to connect the network.
Note! Often problems with setting up the network are associated with the power saving mode, namely frequent switching to it.
To solve it, it is enough to carry out the following actions:
- Open the “Control Panel”, go to the item “Power”.
- The active function is indicated by a dark dot. Opposite this line, you need to select the option with changing the power settings.
- At the bottom left of the window, find the section with additional settings.
- Open the item “Wireless adapter settings” and then “Maximum performance”.
- Next, call the device manager.
- Select a section with network adapters, look at the properties of the equipment (power supply).
- Uncheck the box titled “Allow this device to be turned off to save power” and click OK.
- Reboot the laptop and wait for the Windows to boot.
Updating drivers, wireless settings in the operating system itself also help to cope with almost any problems. Incorrect router settings is one of the causes of failures. In this case, you need to go to the device’s interface and enter the IP address in the corresponding line. Check all fields, if necessary, correct and reload.
It is worth remembering that network modules do not always turn on themselves. Some models are equipped with switches that require additional action. The key combination and switches are more likely to work if the original OS is used.
Note! Sometimes the same actions as in the case of the previous version of the system are enough: just check if the connection works. The main thing is that the so-called “Airplane” mode does not function.
You can enable the wireless network in the settings of the network adapter itself. In this case, you need to right-click on the network connection, go to the item with additional properties. After that, a window will appear where, as one of the options, there will be the characteristics of the network adapter. In them, wireless connections should also be included.
The most common problem for HP users is the lack of drivers. To solve it, you will need to go to the “Start” menu. “Control Panel”. “Device Manager”. “Network Adapters”. The last line is where the context menu is called. Most often, the item of interest is called as “Wireless”, “Wi-Fi”.
Important! You will need to carefully study the “Driver” tab. This is especially true of information regarding the supplier.
If a problem occurs, but it does not require replacement of electronic and other components of the laptop, even a beginner can easily handle it. In this case, you do not need to contact the service center, just follow the simple recommendations described above. Most often faced with the need to replace drivers. This is not so difficult if you download them from the official website of the manufacturer, correctly indicating the model of the laptop and the version of the software used.