How to Enable Wifi Direct On Samsung Galaxy
A couple of years ago, in order to connect a TV or some other gadget to a computer, it was necessary to find a suitable cable and perform a bunch of settings. Today, things are different. It is enough to have a modern device that supports the Wi-Fi Direct function and make a few settings. Therefore, we will consider an urgent topic on how to enable Wi-Fi Direct on Windows 10 and connect various devices to the system.
What is Wi-Fi Direct?
Wi-Fi Direct is a modern wireless network standard that allows you to transfer information between multiple devices that support this technology. At the same time, only a router, or rather an access point, is needed to pair devices. No adapters or cables are needed. Devices themselves find each other.
Today, such a function is supported by almost all PCs, laptops, smartphones, tablets, and even cameras, printers, and other devices.
However, you should immediately note several features in the work of this function:
- The data transfer speed with a direct connection can reach 200-250 Mbit / s, and the range will reach 50-100 meters.
- To work with the Wi-Fi Direct function, the gadget must have a chip. This chip can be of several types: functioning in the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands. There are also devices, however, they are not from the budget, which support work in both ranges.
- When creating a connection for several devices via Wi-Fi Direct in the office, you need to understand that when connecting a third-party device, data transfer security is not guaranteed. Therefore, this function is recommended to be used at home and only with password-protected Wi-Fi.
Therefore, if your device has this feature and you want to connect another gadget to it, it’s worth making a few simple settings, which we will describe now.
How to set up Wi-Fi Direct on the phone?
In order to use the Direct function on your phone, you should do the following:
- Turn on Wi-Fi in the device settings.
- As soon as you activate Wi-Fi, the Direct function will appear in the menu. We click on it to open.
- We start the search for devices.
- As soon as a new gadget is found, you should select it and confirm the connection.
- To transfer materials to the second device, you should find the file and select “Send via.” and specify Wi-Fi Direct.
Thus, you can connect several devices that support the Wi-Fi Direct function. However, it is important to remember that in connection with different versions of Android firmware, step-by-step actions may differ from those presented.
How to connect a PC to a TV via Wi-Fi Direct?
The way how to connect the computer to the TV, or vice versa, will be different from the above.
- Using the instructions that came with your LG or Samsung TV, we connect the device to the same router as the PC.
- Now configure the DLNA server on a laptop or desktop PC. To do this, in the Explorer in the menu on the left, select “Network”. A notification appears that says “Network discovery and file sharing are disabled.” We right-click on this message and select “Enable Network Discovery and File Sharing.”
- A message will appear. You need to choose to create a private network.
- After that, a list of all devices connected to this network will appear in Explorer.
- After DLNA is activated, you need to go to the menu of your TV to view the contents of connected devices. For example, in LG TVs, you need to select the “SmartShare” section. It will display the contents of folders that are allowed to view in Windows 10.
- Next, to run a movie on an LG TV, you need to right-click on it and select “Play on.” and select the model of the device that will be displayed in the list.
This is a standard Direct setup instruction. The instructions for each TV model have a section on Direct. You can use the advice of the developers of the TV.
About how to connect Android to the LG TV, see the: