How to enable hotspot on Samsung
The difference in Wi-fi and mobile data connectivity
Every smartphone has a Wi-Fi sensor today. The easiest way to connect is to open the quick menu and click on the Wi-Fi icon. There is also a second way to connect to wireless Internet. Go to settings, then click the “Connection” tab and Wi-Fi. The device will find all open networks automatically. For closed networks, you must enter a password.
When setting up mobile data on Samsung, you need to take into account the specific model, since each option has its own nuances of connecting mobile data.
To set up the Internet manually, you need to contact your telecom operator and ask for all the necessary data. Then the tuning algorithm is simple:
- Open device menu.
- Find the gear icon (settings), open.
- Find in the settings a tab labeled “Connections” (there may not be such a tab, then we are looking for the next item).
- We open “Mobile networks”.
- The next item is “Access point”.
- Click “Add access point” or “Options”.
- Enter all the data given by the operator.
Then you should go to the menu item with the name “Mobile data” and turn it on. After that it is worth rebooting the device.
- On the home screen of the smartphone, swipe down from the top edge of the display.
- Open window pull down to the very end of the screen.
- Click the icon with mobile data display.
- It should light up blue.
If the mobile data did not turn on at the same time, you should check the settings through the “Connections” tab, enter all the access point data that the telecom operator will give and restart the phone.
To connect the mobile Internet to Samsung Gelexi A51, you need to do the following:
- Go to smartphone settings.
- Select the “Connections” tab.
- Then go to the SIM card manager.
- Select priority SIM for mobile data connection.
- Then go back to the main menu and turn on mobile data.
For smartphones with two SIM cards, it is imperative to configure the Internet for the operator from whose SIM card you will access the Internet. If you plan to use the mobile data of both operators, then two access points should be configured.
How to enable mobile data on Samsung Galaxy phones
In most modern smartphones, including Samsung Gelexi, you can connect two types of Internet: wi-fi or “mobile”. But not all Samsung smartphone users know exactly how to set up mobile data transfer. Some connection details depend on the specific smartphone model.
What you need to connect mobile data
First of all, to connect mobile data, you need to coordinate this issue with the telecom operator. For a certain number, a suitable tariff must be in effect, which offers a certain amount of Internet per month on a 2G / 3G / 4G network. It can be unlimited or limited traffic, for example 1-2 GB of Internet.
In most cases, it is possible to connect the mobile Internet automatically. To do this, the operator sends in the form of SMS all the necessary settings and the user just needs to press the “apply / install” button. If the automatic settings do not work, then the operator can be asked to provide information for manual data entry.
When setting up the Internet in other Samsung Galaxy models, the algorithm remains the same. It is optimal if it is possible to do automatic configuration, when the operator sends all the data immediately to the phone and they only need to be installed. Manual control takes place in the settings in the Mobile networks tab. You must enter all the same data that the telecom operator gives, if you did not enter them automatically.
What to do if mobile data isn’t working?
If you cannot add a profile or the phone does not provide network settings, there is no way to access the Internet via mobile data, perhaps the smartphone is working in the “Guest” mode. This profile is displayed on the Quick Access Toolbar. To access the Internet settings, the profile must be changed to “Owner”.
Another reason why mobile data does not work, the Internet is not paid for or is not provided in a specific tariff. To clarify this issue, you need to contact your telecom operator.
Today, there is a mobile Internet in almost every smartphone. The telecom operator will help to configure it in automatic mode or will give information for manual settings. In Samsung Galaxy phones, all algorithms for mobile Internet settings are identical. It is important, if you have two SIM cards, to configure the Internet from the operator from which you plan to use mobile data.
How to make a Wi-Fi hotspot from Samsung Galaxy. Samsung Galaxy how to share WI-FI. How to change the password and WI-FI name on the phone.
Smartphones Samsung Galaxy is able to distribute the Internet simultaneously to several devices, phone, computer, laptop, tablet and others. The more devices connected to your smartphone, the lower the speed on other devices, as the speed is shared among all devices. You can connect your laptop or computer to the internet from your phone wirelessly via the WI-FI hotspot on your phone.
Now let’s see how to make a WI-FI access point from Samsung Galaxy and distribute the Internet to another phone or other devices. 1) Open “Settings” on Samsung Galaxy and select “Modem and access point”. See the screenshot below, in it I highlighted this item in the settings.
How to use mobile hotspot on Galaxy S10 | steps to set up and use your S10 as wireless router
2) Next, in a new window, we find the item “Mobile hotspot“. Look at the picture below.
3) Then we see the menu as in the picture below, in it I also highlighted the place where you need to turn on the Wi-Fi hotspot on the phone.
You can also set up a Wi-Fi hotspot on Samsung Galaxy. To do this, click on three dots at the top of the screen on the right side, after which a menu should appear as in the screenshot attached below. Also in the screenshot you can see how the included WI-FI distributor should look like. It changed color from gray to light greenish.
In the menu that opens, we can configure the name and password of the WI-FI hotspot in Android. In the picture, I have highlighted these points. It is better not to touch anything besides the name and passwords. In the picture, the name of Wi-Fi is “AndroidAP”, if you do not change the search for an access point on the Samsung Galaxy, then you need to look for Wi-Fi under this name, if changed, then the one that you specified. After you have found WI-FI to access it, enter the password you specified. If you want to see the password, turn on “Show password” in the settings.
Also, on some Samsung androids, you can turn on the wai wai access point through the quick menu. To do this, you need to pull the screen from top to bottom and you will see a panel with icons for quick access to various functions. Next, by sliding the panel to the left or right, you need to find the access point icon and activate it by touching it. Below in the picture I have highlighted this icon, you can also go directly to the settings of the access point and also change the password and name of the WI-FI distributor.
If you connected via Wi-Fi to Android, but there is no Internet, check if the Internet is activated on the Samsung Galaxy to which you connected via the WI-FI access point, if the Internet is not turned on, then there will be no Internet on the connected devices.
How to share internet from Samsung Galaxy A51
Use your device as a mobile hotspot to share your device’s mobile connection with other devices.
1 On the Settings screen, tap Connections → Mobile hotspot and tethering → Mobile hotspot.
2 Tap a switch to activate it. The icon will appear on the status bar. The name of your device will be displayed on other devices in the list of Wi-Fi networks. To set a password for connecting to a mobile hotspot, tap → Set up hotspot and select the desired security level. Then enter the password and select Save.
3 Find and select your device from the list of Wi-Fi networks on the other device. To connect without entering a password, click and scan the QR code using another device.
If a mobile hotspot is not found, on your device, tap → Configure hotspot and deselect Hide device.
4 Use mobile data to access the Internet on the connected device.
Setting up an access point on a smartphone Samsung Galaxy A51
Use your device as a mobile hotspot so that other devices can access your device’s mobile connection when there is no network connection. You can use Wi-Fi, USB or Bluetooth to establish a connection.
On the Settings screen, tap Connections → Mobile hotspot and tethering.
Additional fees may apply for using this feature.
✓ Mobile hotspot: Use a mobile hotspot to exchange device data with computers or other devices. ✓ Bluetooth tethering: Use the device as a wireless Bluetooth tethering for your computer (the mobile data connection is accessed via Bluetooth). ✓ USB tethering: Use the device as a wireless USB tethering for a computer (access to the mobile data connection is via USB). When connected to a computer, the device acts as a mobile modem.
Automatic access point mode
You can share your device’s mobile connection with other devices that are signed in to your Samsung account without entering a password.
Tap the Automatic hotspot mode switch to enable the function.
How to share Internet from Samsung phone via Wi-FI, USB and Bluetooth
Almost all Android phones have the ability to distribute the Internet via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth or USB, and Samsung smartphones are no exception. This instruction details how to distribute the Internet from Samsung Galaxy to a computer, laptop or other phone in all available ways. The examples use a Galaxy Note with Android 10, but the other current models will be the same.
If you are interested in the same for devices with pure Android without features of the One UI interface, about this in a separate guide How to distribute the Internet via Wi-Fi / Bluetooth / USB on Android.
How to share Internet from Samsung Galaxy over Wi-Fi
The easiest way is to distribute the Internet from a phone via Wi-Fi to a computer, laptop, tablet or other smartphone. At the same time, keep in mind that only mobile Internet (received from a telecom operator) can be distributed via Wi-Fi, the process itself is as follows:
- On your Samsung smartphone, go to Settings. Connections. Mobile Hotspot & Tethering.
- At the top, turn on the item “Mobile hotspot“. If you are told that you need to turn off Wi-Fi for this, agree (since we cannot share the existing Wi-Fi connection in this way, which I mentioned above).
- In order to change the network name, find out or change the password, click on the item “Mobile hotspot” and specify the necessary data instead of the standard.
- After that, you can connect to the created wireless network from any other devices and use your phone’s mobile Internet from them.
A few nuances that may be important in the context of distributing the Internet over Wi-Fi from a phone:
- Do not forget that for the Internet to work, the mobile Internet must be connected and active.
- Some telecom operators on some tariffs block the ability to distribute mobile Internet from the phone to other devices.
- If you need to quickly connect another phone to the Internet, in the settings of the mobile hotspot on Samsung, you can click on the QR code icon in the upper right and scan the generated code with another smartphone.
- If your tariff has limited traffic, keep in mind that by connecting your PC or laptop to the created access point, you can quickly use it up (for example, if OS updates start downloading).
Sharing the Internet from a smartphone to a computer via USB
Unlike the previous method, by connecting your Samsung phone via USB to a computer or laptop, you can distribute not only the mobile Internet, but also the access to the network obtained via Wi-Fi, using the smartphone as a Wi-Fi adapter. The steps will be as follows:
- Connect your phone with USB cable to PC or laptop.
- Once connected, go to the notification area on your phone and tap on the USB connection notification.
- Select “USB tethering”.
- Windows or another OS will set up a new device (your phone as a modem).
- A new Ethernet connection will appear in the list of connections on your computer (WinR. ncpa.cpl). If it is disabled, right-click on it and select “Enable“.
- If the network still remains in the “Disconnected” state, on the phone go to Settings. Connections. Mobile hotspot and modem, turn off and then turn on the USB tethering item, the network will become active, and the Internet is available.
Sharing the Internet via Bluetooth
And the last method: using a bluetooth connection. Its main disadvantage is the relatively low connection speed, as well as the instability of work (and sometimes the impossibility of connecting) for many users. The procedure will be as follows:
- On your Samsung phone, go to Settings. Connections. Mobile Hotspot & Tethering.
- Turn on Bluetooth tethering.
- Connect via Bluetooth from another device, and if we talk about Windows 10, simple pairing of the device through “Settings”. “Devices” may not work. After it, you need to right-click on the Bluetooth icon on your computer, select “Join a personal network” (or go to Control Panel. Devices), right-click on your smartphone in the list of devices and select “Connect via”. “Access Point” or “Direct Connection”. The phone may ask if you want to connect in Bluetooth tethering mode.
- In the list of available connections (which can be opened via WinR. ncpa.cpl) you should see an active “Bluetooth Network Connection”.
Samsung phone as a modem or Wi-Fi adapter. video instruction
Typically, sharing over Wi-Fi or USB from Samsung phones usually works without any problems. Bluetooth connectivity is not always smooth, but I hope if you need it, it will work out.
How to distribute the Internet from a Samsung smartphone (Android 7.0) via Wi-Fi
In this short tutorial, I will show you how you can distribute the Internet via Wi-Fi from a Samsung phone. I had the opportunity to write an instruction using the example of a Samsung Galaxy J5 smartphone with the new Android 7.0 Nougat system already installed. Same as Samsung Galaxy S8 and other models. I think this article will be relevant for a long time and will be useful to many. In fact, setting up Hotspot & Tethering on Android 7.0 is very simple, just like on other versions and devices. But many users still have questions about this function.
We will distribute mobile Internet via Wi-Fi network to other devices. It will be possible to connect other smartphones, laptops, TVs and other devices. We will have a Samsung phone as a router. In the “Access Point and Modem” settings, you can also distribute the Internet via Bluetooth and even via a USB cable. Bluetooth is not very relevant now, but cable may come in handy. For example, if you need the Internet on a stationary computer that does not have a Wi-Fi adapter. You can use your phone as a wired modem to access the Internet through a mobile operator.
Sharing the Internet via Wi-Fi from a Samsung phone
Open the top curtain. If you have disabled mobile internet, turn on “Mobile data” and go to settings. In the settings, open the “Connections” section.
Samsung Galaxy S8: How to Setup Mobile Hotspot and Tethering
Next, open the “Access Point and Modem” section. Turn on the distribution of Wi-Fi with the switch opposite the “Mobile hotspot” item. The status “Enabled” should appear. If you have Wi-Fi enabled, the phone will offer to disable it.
If you noticed, then there is an option to activate Bluetooth modem and USB modem.
Our Samsung is already distributing a Wi-Fi network to which we can connect our devices. By default, the smartphone sets the network name (AndroidAP) and password by itself. To view and change them, as well as see the list of connected devices, just click on the “Mobile hotspot” item itself.
The network name and password can be changed if desired. Just click on them and change. The password must be at least 8 characters long, and the network name in English letters.
How to Enable Portable Hotspot in SAMSUNG Galaxy S21 – Network Access Point
I connected my Windows 10 laptop to the Wi-Fi network shared by the Samsung Galaxy J5. The device immediately appeared in the list of connected devices. If you click on it, you can see some information, or change the name of the device.
In my case, the Internet on a laptop via a Samsung smartphone worked immediately and without problems. In the screenshots above, you probably noticed that I only have 2G (EDGE). Using such an Internet on a computer is certainly not very pleasant. But now there is very good 3G / 4G coverage, and everything flies there. Even if you distribute the Internet to several devices at the same time.
If you plan to use the function of a mobile access point somewhere in nature, then I advise you to take a power bank, since the mobile Internet paired with an access point will drain the battery of your smartphone very quickly. I also advise you to disable this feature when you do not need it. Well, keep an eye on the traffic consumption and the terms of your tariff plan. So as not to get a “terrible” bill for the mobile Internet later.
Leave all questions and wishes in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев. Best wishes!