How to Drop Photo From Phone
Learn how to transfer photos ands from iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac or Windows computer. We will also show how to use iCloud Photos to make photos available on all your devices.
Specify a place to save photos ands
First, choose a storage location for your collection of photos ands. You can make them available on all your devices using the iCloud Photos feature. You can also store them locally on a Mac or Windows computer.
Using iCloud Photos, you can access photos ands on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, Apple TV, iCloud.com, and even on a Windows computer. Your new snapshots are automatically added to iCloud Photos, and any organizational changes or edits are synced across all your devices.
- Make sure the software on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, Mac, or Apple TV is up to date.
- Set up iCloud on all your devices. If you are using a Windows computer, download iCloud for Windows. Make sure all of your devices are signed in to iCloud using the same Apple ID.
- Make sure your device is connected to a Wi-Fi network.
To enable iCloud Photos, do the following:
- On iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings [your name] iCloud Photos and turn on iCloud Photos.
- On a Mac, select System Preferences iCloud Click the Options button next to Photos and select iCloud Photos.
- On Apple TV, go to the Settings menu “Accounts” iCloud “ICloud Photo.”
- On a Windows computer, follow the steps to set up iCloud Photos.
If you have already synced photos on your iOS device via iTunes, and then turned on the iCloud Photos function on it, the message “Photos ands synced with iTunes will be deleted.” Photos ands synchronized with the computer will remain on the computer, but will be deleted from the iOS device.
To copy these photos ands back to your iOS device, turn on iCloud Photos on your Mac or Windows computer. After that, photos from your computer will be downloaded to iCloud, and you can open them on any of your devices. After turning on iCloud Photos, all photos are saved in iCloud, and they can be opened in the Photos program on a Mac computer or in a folder on a Windows computer.
You can also get additional iCloud Photo help information for your Mac or Windows computer.
Photos ands stored in iCloud Photos take up storage space in iCloud. Before you enable iCloud Photos, make sure iCloud has enough space to store your entire collection. You can determine the required volume, and then go to the expanded tariff plan, if necessary.
Import to Mac
You can use the Photos app to import photos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac without using iCloud Photos. You can also use these steps to import images from digital cameras or SD cards.
- Make sure your Mac is using the latest version of iTunes. To import photos to a Mac, iTunes 12.5.1 or later is required.
- Connect your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or digital camera to your Mac using a USB cable. If you are using an SD card, insert it into the SD slot of your Mac or connect it using an SD card reader.
- This may require you to unlock your iOS device with a password. The iOS device may also display a “Trust this computer” warning. To continue, click Trust.
- On a Mac, Photos will open automatically. Otherwise, open the “Photo” program.
- In the “Photos” program, the “Import” screen opens, where all the photos ands that are on the connected device are displayed. If the Import screen does not automatically open, click the Import tab at the top of the Photos application, or click the device name in the sidebar.
- To import part of the photo library, click the photos you want, then click “Import Selected.” To import all new photos, click Import All New Photos.
- You can then disconnect the device from the Mac. If you imported photos from an SD card or other USB device, remove the device safely first.
On macOS High Sierra or later, imported photos appear in the Import album of the Photos program. If you are using an earlier version of macOS, you will find them in the Last Import album.
Photos ands synced from your computer to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using iTunes cannot be imported back to your computer.
Import to PC
You can import photos to a PC computer by connecting a device to it and using the Photos program in Windows:
- Make sure your Windows computer is using the latest version of iTunes. To import photos to a PC, iTunes 12.5.1 or later is required.
- Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Windows computer using a USB cable.
- This may require you to unlock your iOS device with a password.
- The iOS device may also display a “Trust this computer” warning. To continue, click Trust or Allow.
Then, follow the steps in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base articles to import photos into Windows Photos:
After importing from an iOS device to a PC, somes may have the wrong orientation in Windows Photos. By adding theses to iTunes, you can play them in the correct orientation.
If you have iCloud Photos enabled, you need to download the original full-size versions of your photos on your iPhone before importing them to your Windows computer. Find out how to do it.
Photos ands synced from your computer to your iOS device via iTunes cannot be imported back to your computer.
Transfer photos from a computer to an iOS device
There are several ways to transfer photos ands from your computer to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:
- Use iCloud Photos and Photos for macOS or iCloud for Windows to securely store and sync photos on all your devices.
- Use AirDrop to wirelessly send photos ands from your Mac to your iOS device. This is a simple, fast, but Mac-only way to send multiple objects. When you send photos ands to your iOS device via AirDrop, they are displayed in the Photos program on the device.
- Sync photos manually using iTunes. Each time you sync your iOS device using iTunes, the photos ands on this iOS device are updated according to the albums on your computer.
- Back up all files, including photos ands, to an external hard drive using Time Machine
- Import photos ands from a drive, such as a hard drive or SD card, into the Photos app for macOS
- Import photos on film using a scanner and Image Capture
- Transfer photos from an Android device to an iOS device using Move to iOS
- Import images directly to a folder on a Mac using Image Capture
Information about products not manufactured by Apple or independent websites not controlled or tested by Apple is not advisory or endorsement. Apple is not responsible for the selection, functionality, or use of third-party websites or products. Apple is also not responsible for the accuracy or reliability of data posted on third-party websites. Contact your supplier for more information.
Modern mobile phones perform many additional functions, and one of them is photo and shooting.
The quality of cameras on cell phones allows you to view pictures on a large screen, edit them and print them. However, for this, you will first need to drop the photo from the phone to the computer.
Quick article navigation
Most modern phones are equipped with a USB slot. To take photos to a computer using it, you need to:
- Connect one end of the USB cable to the phone and the other to the computer;
- Go to “My Computer” (a new device should appear. A phone’s flash drive). On the phone itself, you may need to select “Use as a USB drive” or a similar inscription;
- Find the folder with photos and copy it to your computer.
Bluetooth is built into many mobile phones and laptops (it can also be purchased separately). To use it, you need:
- Install the necessary software for Bluetooth (if it is not);
- Turn on Bluetooth on the computer and on the phone;
- Specify the password for the connection on the phone and confirm it on the computer (finding the computer from the phone through the appropriate menu);
- Transfer necessary images.
If you want to throw off a large volume of photos, it is best to use the phone’s memory card directly. To do this, you need:
- Remove the flash drive from the mobile phone;
- Insert it into the card reader of the computer;
- Copy all the necessary files.
A special cable for connecting to a computer can be sold with the phone. To use it, you need:
- Install special software on the computer (it can also be downloaded on the official website of the company that manufactures the mobile phone);
- Connect one end of the cable to the phone and the other to the computer;
- Using the installed software, go to the photo folder on your phone and copy it to your computer.
You can drop photos from phone to computer using the mobile Internet. To do this, you need:
- Connect the Internet on the phone (or connect to a WiFi router, if any);
- Go to email;
- Create a letter by attaching all the necessary photos;
- Send to your email address;
- Go to the mail through the computer;
- Save images.
Using a WiFi wireless connection is another way to transfer data from your phone to a computer. To do this, you need:
- Using a special program, configure the phone so that it becomes a WiFi access point;
- Turn on WiFi on the computer;
- In the list of available networks, select the one that was configured on the phone;
- Open “Explorer”, go to the “Network Places” section and view the phone folders, saving the necessary photos.
Share this article with friends in social networks: